Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning (31191 Views)

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / I Killed 2 Scorpions In My Room This Morning / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by brownlord: 2:35am On Apr 19, 2013
davidylan:

na wa for the christianity of today... this is the "break through" you have been "trusting God for"?

You dey crase? Where for em text em write say em na christian or even ayelala, in ur fucking brain u dont know God can also be allah, and as such he may be a muslim or some other religion, or do u know if he was refering to his village ancestors, my guy park well before download slap for ur face this early morning

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by armyofone(m): 2:35am On Apr 19, 2013
their imaginary miracle is on the way.

Christianity in Nigeria is laughable.

davidylan:

na wa for the christianity of today... this is the "break through" you have been "trusting God for"?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 19, 2013
shocked
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Ishilove: 3:46am On Apr 19, 2013
coogar:

your english needs aid from united nations!
cab = taxicab! the only reason people use them is for some sort of privacy, not to share with other passengers. this is why it's more expensive than a commercial bus. you didn't board a cab - you boarded your death sentence!
Coogar stop arguing. He knows the dictionary meaning of 'cab', but here in naija the term 'cab' or 'kabukabu' is generally used for private vehicles used for commercial transport.

@op. This format is old and overused. I've boarded such cabs on three occasions. The third time I pretended to be a Ghanian just migrated to Nigeria. The iidioits were overjoyed when they learnt this. They tried to tell me things about Nigeria and assured me that my 'share' would make my stay more enjoyable. When we got to Onipanu (I was heading to Yaba), I started making trouble and they were forced to drop me sharp sharp.

After that day, I have always avoided commercial vehicles like a plague.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Ishilove: 3:52am On Apr 19, 2013
denzel2009:

In Ibadan, taxicabs carry more than 3 different people. Some even lap each other.
Just 3? In Ondo where I served, the cabs carry 6 passengers: 4 at the back, 2 at the front. Sometimes when they are really in top form, they carry 7 passengers: 4 at the back, 2 on the front passenger seat, while the remaining 1 shares the driver's seat with the driver. angry
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by agohavivi(f): 4:05am On Apr 19, 2013
This same trick has been on for over 15years and is being used in warri, Lagos owerri infact all over the country. During my university days, I experienced it but immidiately the passenger behind requested to pick his belonging ffrom the boot I immediately started screaming at the driver to stop. I so abused all of them that day. Immidiately I alighted they zoomed off.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by agohavivi(f): 4:07am On Apr 19, 2013
This same trick has been on for over 15years and is being used in warri, Lagos owerri infact all over the country. During my university days, I experienced it but immidiately the passenger behind requested to pick his belonging ffrom the boot I immediately started screaming at the driver to stop. I so abused all of them that day. Immidiately I alighted they zoomed off. Nonsense people. Twelve years after and they still haven't changed their modus operandi.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by KayDee4: 4:16am On Apr 19, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I'm sorry if I come off a bit unfeeling but I can't understand why people are saying thank you for this post and acting like they've just been told some top secret.

I mean is there anyone out there who woulda have followed complete strangers to go make covenant over the sharing of a dead man's property if they hadn't seen this post?!!!

If there is then being kidnapped should be the least of your problems. ...you should be wondering who has cooked your brains with semo and fed it to dogs. undecided

Surprise Surprise !!

People still fall for some of the oldest and most stupîd tricks in the book. People forget to consult their brains at the slightest prospect of 'osho free' money

I bumped into a man @ the bank one time and he told me he came to deposit money into an account to redeem his 'lottery jackpot', I laughed and asked him if he played any lottery and he said NO, after much talk I convinced him it was a scam and he changed his mind. This was at a time when telecomms companies were churning out warning ads about scams like that and you'd expect him to be well aware.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 4:16am On Apr 19, 2013
gysl1973: @op, you must be very stupid, you wrote this gabbage here and only you still titled it Ritualists/kidnappers, do you need a CIA or FBI that they just common 419ner looking for their daily bread,

the thing even pain me say you no fall for this adam and eve game self, since you no fit differentiate common job men from Ritualists/kidnappers,

Oh really? Even a fool is considered wise when silent. Shaking my head for you.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 4:24am On Apr 19, 2013
BashToks:

By trying so hard to prove you're a smartass, you've successfully derailed the topic. What should have been people sharing tips and experiences is now a battle of who speaks english better. I think we all got the point when the Op said he/she took a cab with multiple passengers.
There are times when u try to correct horrendous mistakes and there are times when u just need a dose of chill out and shut the fck up!

@BashToks: My bro, please tell them! You're so on point. It's high time some people, here in Nairaland, grew up.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Toks2008(m): 4:34am On Apr 19, 2013
The OP must be a foreigner. This story is as old as Nigeria.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 4:35am On Apr 19, 2013
Ishilove:
Coogar stop arguing. He knows the dictionary meaning of 'cab', but here in naija the term 'cab' or 'kabukabu' is generally used for private vehicles used for commercial transport.

I'm glad Nairaland still has smart people like you who after visiting a thread contributes meaningfully to it.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by brownlord: 5:23am On Apr 19, 2013
deife:

Oh really? Even a fool is considered wise when silent. Shaking my head for you.

Shake ur head for ur miserable life idiot, still falling for that outdated game at this 21st century, greedy bastard, u where tinkin thts the oppurtunity uve bn waiting for cos na u plant the oppurtunity there abi

Am sure u even paid for this thing, but would not admit, sware say e no quick u go pay small offering
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by ClemAmaweh(m): 5:31am On Apr 19, 2013
Amen to ur prayers! U actually came in contact with 419ers and not Ritualists/Kidnappers. May God guide our steps right;never 2b @ d wrong place @ anytime. Amen!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by obamasbabe(f): 5:31am On Apr 19, 2013
deife: I'll be as brief as possible, Nairalanders. To tell you that kidnappers & ritualists exist & are on rampage is an understatement. What you need to be aware of is that they adopt different strategies to capture their victims. I'm going to share with you one approach so as not to become a prey.

I was at Law School busstop at about 6.30am today when I saw a cab & told the driver my destination. He told me to board. I noticed that there was a 'passenger' beside him & another one at the back. So I sat at the back.
Within 30 seconds of our journey, the young man beside me offered the driver #100 as transport fare. Immediately, the driver started shouting. The dialogue ensued between both of them:

Driver: How dare you offer me a hundred naira as transport fare? Aren't you the one that put that bag in the trunk? In fact you have a case to answer. Where did you get that huge amount of money from?

Passenger: (sobbing & genuflecting) please don't expose me. My boss died this morning. He was a Hausa man who ran a Bureau de Change business. He died after a brief illness. As soon as he died, my colleague made away with one of his vehicles. Because I don't know how to drive, I decided to make away with this money.

Passenger at the Front: How much is in the bag?

Passenger: 1.1 million dollars

Passenger at the Front: Oga driver, you know what? Let's strike a deal with the man. (Facing the Passenger at the back who at this point is already shaking like a jellyfish) Are you ready to share this money with the rest of us on this car?

Passenger: Yes sir!

All along I was quiet.

Passengersadthe one who 'stole' the money) We need a herbalist or witch doctor to help us make the charms ineffective because the last time I tried to touch the money, I fell down.

Driver: (Cuts in) that's no problem. We will get a pastor or a herbalist to destroy the charms.

At this point, the passenger asked for my views. To be candid, so many things were on my mind. I felt this could be the 'major break' I had been trusting God for. On the other hand, I wasn't comfortable because if what the passenger said was anything to go by, & I partook in spending the money, I would have murdered Peace & Sleep.

Me: No true pastor will agree to be a part of this.

Before you could say Jack Robinson, the Passenger at the Front quickly offered to phone a herbalist that he claimed to know. Meanwhile the driver had taken the alternative route instead of going through the Toll Plaza. As soon as we got to a point, I told the driver to stop, I told him I wasn't interested, & immediately got out of the car & took a long walk.

To cut a long story short, when I got to work, I just hinted my colleague about my experience without going into details & guess what she said! She told me their modus operandi which tallied with what I experienced today.

So Nairalanders, I urge you to always take time to pray before you go out & be close to God. Put God first in all you do & be security conscious. May you not die untimely in Jesus' name & may God's grace be constantly available to you & your loved ones.
@op thank God for u. But in my opinion d topic is misleading cos those guys are not ritualists they are 419ers. Thank God u didn't continue with them. I will like to let those who haven't heard about this old method of scam know how the whole story would have ended if u had continued with them.
After calling the herbalist,they would have driven u to a remote area where a 'herbalist' will be waiting in a 'shrine'. When u get there d 'herbalist' will 'consult' the 'oracle' and then tell u guys that except a 'sacrifice' is carried out to appease the 'evil spirit' behind the 'moni'(cos that 'moni' in the boot is of course face dollars) anybody that spends from the moni will die! So u guys that brought the moni will be asked to contribute a huge amount for 'cleansing' of the moni. Now d oda parties will claim to have theer own moni which dey will promise to go and bring immediately and u will either go and steal or borrow if u don't have d amount reqiured.
At this point some people claim they are under a spell but in my opinion they play along simply because of GREED!
So wen u get d moni u maybe asked to pay cash or into an account(my friend that share her expericed paid into an account and she was asked to tear d teller for some reasons I can't remember and she did). From this point they may either stop picking or calls or stop calling and if u still persist more moni will still be demanded and if u are lucky d charm may fade and u recover ur senses but then it will be too late cos d deed has been done.
So my advise is dis,if u know u board taxi or cab or bus pls in d name of God always mind ur business cos such things usually happen to busy body people. If d other passengers bring up any issue never u contribute or ask questions or if u don't feel comfortable u ask d driver to drop u. Datz all.
Pls shine ur eyes not after falling prey u start screaming 'na juju them use for me'
NB; some times they may not use moni they may use other things that may catch ur interest.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Iyoaye1(f): 5:36am On Apr 19, 2013
ylaa: this is an old story. this method is well known to everybody. even a fool will not fall for this.
you are senseless,must you comment here?people are been reasonable and dis is all you could say,I pray you dnt fall victim ode oponu oshi.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Iyoaye1(f): 5:44am On Apr 19, 2013
gysl1973: @op, you must be very stupid, you wrote this gabbage here and only you still titled it Ritualists/kidnappers, do you need a CIA or FBI that they just common 419ner looking for their daily bread,

the thing even pain me say you no fall for this adam and eve game self, since you no fit differentiate common job men from Ritualists/kidnappers,
I see no reason y u must comment here,you are calling someone tryn to help you so u wnt fall victim a stupid man,sori pe ori e o pe.oponu ayirada nie,ode le gbon mo.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by gysl1973: 5:49am On Apr 19, 2013
Iyo-aye:
I see no reason y u must comment here,you are calling someone tryn to help you so u wnt fall victim a stupid man,sori pe ori e o pe.oponu ayirada nie,ode le gbon mo.

is only greedy people like you hes trying to help with this gabbage, please read my post very well and see if i faulted the story, but the heading which from his explanation a 10 yr old can easily deduce he just had an encounter with a 419, why call it ritualist or kidnappers or was he not the same person that wrote the heading of the thread and narrated the story?
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by RuuDie(m): 5:52am On Apr 19, 2013
For me, I won't the topic is misleading oh because as long as the matter don reach where baba alawo dey involved, anything can happen oh.

So, for all you folks shouting down the OP; we can never be sure what their intentions were - best we all be careful, alert and on our guard all the time. We cannot just assume that they are "mere fraudsters" because they are using "familiar lines or format".

It is usually people who feel they are too skilled, exposed or experienced that run a higher risk of being complacent - as the popular saying "na over-skill dey kill Monkey".

Thank you OP for this topic. Let us just be very vigilant and extricate ourselves from such situations as quickly as possible!

My humble opinion!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by lekkie073(m): 5:55am On Apr 19, 2013
i find it hard to see a thread not laced with abuses and curse words on nl. must all discussions end with conflicts?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by DonCarlos1(m): 5:55am On Apr 19, 2013
A friend of mine once fell for this kind of trick and came to me to borrow some money. First he wanted a 100k when I wanted to know what for, he said ok, just gi me 50k. The urgency in his voice and the secrecy about the purpose of the money told me something was wrong. I asked him to bend over a little, he did and I wozzed (slapped) him. After the initial shock he asked me what happened to him, then he had come back to his senses.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by brownlord: 5:59am On Apr 19, 2013
how many people write this story, to me i feel a different person titled the story while the OP narrated hes ordeal, but if na one person write am, OP please take a vehicle this morning from Lekki and visit yaba left, be very careful this time around
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by brownlord: 6:02am On Apr 19, 2013
RuuDie: For me, I won't the topic is misleading oh because as long as the matter don reach where baba alawo dey involved, anything can happen oh.

So, for all you folks shouting down the OP; we can never be sure what their intentions were - best we all be careful, alert and on our guard all the time. We cannot just assume that they are "mere fraudsters" because they are using "familiar lines or format".

It is usually people who feel they are too skilled, exposed or experienced that run a higher risk of being complacent - as the popular saying "na over-skill dey kill Monkey".

Thank you OP for this topic. Let us just be very vigilant and extricate ourselves from such situations as quickly as possible!

My humble opinion!

So you actually believe it was a real babalawo? Jesus maga full this forum o, abeg wey my format i must hammer today, my friend, whoever they meant is not and will never be a babalawo or any spiritualist but just a member of the gang too, na their alawi dem dey find, even when dey ask u to sware to an oath, no level, na just their work be that, if you go there again u no go see that shrine until dem get customer
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by gerald2(m): 6:02am On Apr 19, 2013
Thank God for you, seriously you were about to be duped.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by ayde: 6:13am On Apr 19, 2013
lekkie073: i find it hard to see a thread not laced with abuses and curse words on nl. must all discussions end with conflicts?

Thanks for this.
I noticed too and it's become the norm on nl.
The average Nigerian, at home or in diaspora, is just too insultive. So pathetic. sad

God help us.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:20am On Apr 19, 2013
overdrive: No they are after money just trying to play on d op's greed.if they were ritualists a powdery substance blown on ur face u lose ur senses and u are gone be that.
don't mind them,they are not even kidnappers. The end of the story alwys come to the one calling himself an herbalist to ask for some money like 500k to do d work. Then the driver will now ask for the money to be shared. U will be asked to try and bring ur own share.

It happened to a corper frnd of mine who went abt sellin and borrowing to raise d cash. Some will use charm to speak with u to bring wot u av and borrow wot u dnt. It's an old trick
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by naptu2: 6:21am On Apr 19, 2013
I knew that I had seen this kind of story on the front page before (but in that case it happened in Abuja). I've found it. It was on the front page back in 2007.

https://www.nairaland.com/75980/heres-419-experience-whats-yours

https://www.nairaland.com/73808/encounter-419ners-abuja

https://www.nairaland.com/1000686/ordeal-one-chance-fraudsters-morning
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 6:21am On Apr 19, 2013
RuuDie: For me, I won't the topic is misleading oh because as long as the matter don reach where baba alawo dey involved, anything can happen oh.

My humble opinion!

You're so on point my brother. Wish the likes of Brownlord, Sisikill & their cronies were that smart.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Eisenhower(m): 6:22am On Apr 19, 2013
their trick is not new. the same happened to a colleague who took the risk and jumped out of a moving bus and injured his ankle. with the adrenalin pumping he didn't feel the pain and ran with it to the nearest building when he discovered that the bus stopped and reversed but then he has escaped to one of those industrial building in Apapa.
God will continue to help the good people of naija.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 6:25am On Apr 19, 2013
lekkie073: i find it hard to see a thread not laced with abuses and curse words on nl. must all discussions end with conflicts?

I tire oooo!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by langdon: 6:48am On Apr 19, 2013
I keep wondering why they don't ever have a new approach tout dubious pipo are smart! God will judge dem
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by trolling(m): 6:55am On Apr 19, 2013
The love of money is....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Catch A Cheating Husband By His Smell Alone? / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / Mourners At Man’s Burial In Enugu Confess To Killing Him With Juju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.