Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133070 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Zonacom(m): 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Why can't you believe? Forget about my issue with Chino. We disagreed because I wrote 3 years ago that Soludo was an opportunity lost by Anambra while Chino was in support of Obi. Chino is not a responsible man. Rather than counter my points, he resorted to making it seem like Imo vs Anambra just like his master Obi did when El-Rufai criticized his budget.
And i was even thinking you hated anambra or something. I will advice that you try to avoid people like chino who are so obsessed with their beleive that they would'nt mind insulting even their father should he dare oppose them, else you might end up creating a wrong impression about your person. I am from anambra, i love my state, but God forbid that i will stoop so low to insult a sister state like enugu or imo like some anambra dudes do on this forum. You dislike peter obi but i like him to some extent cos i'm not you and you not me. Maybe you so much like rochas who to me, is misbehaving these days, but thats not enough for me to engage on an e-fight with you. I just wish a lot of nairalanders, igbos especially will come to understand that these fights are unnecessary. I for one love girls from imo so much because they are usually beautiful and informed, and who knows, i might marry one

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by MrOON: 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Whoever compiled this list is a village champion!how can you say Akwa-Ibom is more developed than Edo? To even see Delta state on that list means the op really does not understand what development really is!

For all I care, the only state nearing anything called development in Nigeria is Lagos. Abuja comes closest but still years always from being a developed state. All others are glorified towns still developing.
is abuja a state?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
Dose dat are saying akwa ibom is not suppose 2 b among developing states in 9ja,i wil av said d same tin 2 if i av not bin to akwa ibom b4....SEEING IS BELEIVING.So far i wil say akwa ibom is among a few states in nigeria that there is development in almost al its local govt area or mayb rural areas...When we min development,we dnt mean concentration of development in d capital city,i min allround.Almost all youth coppers most of dem are either yoruba or hausa dat are serving in akwa ibom,most of them say the dnt want to go back 2 their states dat they njoy akwa ibom alot.Its peaceful,security i will say 80% no 2much of trouble.I cant say 2much....SEEING IS BELEIVING,just branch akwa ibom.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by flimsy2(m): 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
sorry lol nigerian is never developed you hear..
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by PHIPEX(m): 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Forget about Nairaland stuffs, I know Onitsha well. My friends stay at the GRA which is cool but majority of Onitsha is like majority of Nigeria which is nothing to write home about.

Industries:

Lagos, Abia, Ogun, Anambra

Urbanization:

Lagos, Anambra, Kano, Rivers

Commerce;

Lagos, Anambra, Abia, Kano

Other cities larger or equal to State capital;

Lagos, Osun, Anambra, Delta, Abia

GDP;

Lagos, Rivers, Abia, Delta, Oyo

Serenity;

Crossriver, Imo, Enugu, Akwa-Ibom

Literacy and education;

Imo, Delta, Anambra, Edo

I think Anambra should be. 2nd to Lagos followed by Abia and Rivers.
I think you did justice to the issue, I like the way you listed the criteria.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Htown64(m): 1:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
ogahope: Ur statement is a sentimental statement. Delta State is developed. Becos dere are good roads nd oda infrastructures compared to Anambra State.
pls mention those roads and other infrastructures for us to see because I live and hustle in Warri.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by kennydee05(m): 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
Yomieluv: I live in Lagos,but Lagos is over-hyped.only selected areas are developed in infrastructure wise,ie Island. There are some places not fit for human habitat,ie Orile,makoko etc.

Please,remove Lagos as number one from the list.
♓☺w many states have Ƴöů been Τ̅☺?
♓☺w many states in Nigeria have half of Lagos state infrastructures....
Lagos is simply Τ̲̅ђέ most develop state in Nigeria
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by tropaz(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ekiti.....

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Chomzy19(f): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
Nwa Anambra: u can begin by telling us ur state of origin,then i can take u frm there....FYI: Anambra has the best road network in d south-east.
Anambra has d best 3oad networks in d south East pls b4 spewing such poo, make inquiries cos u re showing off ur ignorance
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
asids55:

mumu!abeg tell us where else is developed again in nigeria..is it your state where it is only the state capital that boast of a single bridge?

dem bo dey just build bridge na
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk: The world has moved beyond open air markets which you take for "development". They are actually a sign of backwardness. Modern shopping malls are the current and future of retail. They also provide employment to thousands of people directly and indirectly, including high level formal employment for graduates and so on. States should build MORE of such facilities, and less open air markets vulnerable to filth, flies and hoodlums.
And how many employments have shopping malls provided in the cities they are located I agree with u about open air market but all the shopping malls in Nigeria put together can not generate half of what open air markets like the ones in Aba, Onitsha, Kano and Lagos generate. BTW how many piple can afford to shop in shopping malls and can building materials be sold in shopping malls ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by EmmyDe25(m): 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
GeneralJ:

Just because Rivers state has the most gov't invesment doesn't mean anything, I still put lagos as first, because Lagos has the most urban areas, the largest skyscrapers and actually it has the most non-federal Gov't investment, just incase you want to add investment as part of the criteria..Lagos will be really close to being equal in terms of development with the whole of Nigeria if it was its own country.
What more can i say?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by dbride: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
Yomieluv: I live in Lagos,but Lagos is over-hyped.only selected areas are developed in infrastructure wise,ie Island. There are some places not fit for human habitat,ie Orile,makoko etc.

Even USA has some places not fit for human habitation considering their level of development, strange but true.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Iceman296: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=Omo_Tier1]
Urbanisation is not development, can a state be urbanised and yet not developed? What are the indices of an urbanised state compared to a developed one? The reason people will move from A to B is because B is seen as a better place to live, I.e. more developed than B. Hence Urbanisation and development goes hand in hand.
There Is Huge difference Between Development and Urbanization, We Should Lay Emphasis On Where the States People Would want to Dwell in With Their Family. Then We Can Get a Comparative List.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by naijalien: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
@op, 10 most chaotic states you mean.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by NwaAnambra(m): 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
Chomzy19: Anambra has d best 3oad networks in d south East pls b4 spewing such poo, make inquiries cos u re showing off ur ignorance
U can hlp urself by travelin around....apart frm a few federal roads dat re in bad shape,d state roads are in absolutely gud shape.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Revolva(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2013
@poster ...i can only point Lagos.....Rivers state.. and Abuja.....only the rest of Nigeria is just old school....ok...development kor...
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by cnnamoko(m): 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
i don laff sotee i chook yhash for my BB pin......every one says his or her state is no.1 and rivers oil building worth more than Lagos state...i cant laff o
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ucheosefoh: The only thing Akwa-Ibom can boast with is oil and natural gas which comes with refineries, more revenue 4rm FG. How many Akwa-Ibom piple are employed in the oil sector, Akwa-Ibom may have beta roads than Anambra but they dnt have more markets and industries than Anambra. Industries in Anambra are scatter in many towns in Anambra providing employments and means of income to Anambrans and piple from other state. Akwa-Ibom may have infrastructures like Airport, beta road network, man made tourism sites, beta hotels but how many of them are outside Uyo (u can prove me wrong). Any development that is not spread across many towns in a state that state shall not be included in this list. (I can still be prove wrong but know its my opinion and let nobody curse me for giving my opinion which may not be like by some piple)
guy u dnt even knw wat u are sayin,dnt jugde wat u av not seen.Go to ikot abasi,ikot ekpene,abak,itu,eket al dis town as no difference wit d capital city,it is as developed or even more developed dan uyo....U ar talking trash.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by EmmyDe25(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2013

Just as we have SLUMS in d US, and ds still dosnt take anything away frm d country frm standing tall among other nations.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ACMTEN: 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk: The world has moved beyond open air markets which you take for "development". They are actually a sign of backwardness. Modern shopping malls are the current and future of retail. They also provide employment to thousands of people directly and indirectly, including high level formal employment for graduates and so on. States should build MORE of such facilities, and less open air markets vulnerable to filth, flies and hoodlums.

From your comment, I can bet my salary that you have not been to Onitsha market. There are many shopping malls inside main market that are equally big, though not as big as Shoprite. Each one provides both direct and indirect employment for thousands of people. Onitsha market is slowly moving away for open market to malls. Many of the rich businessmen are buying lands inside the market to build shopping malls. Some of the shopping malls inside Onisha market are Emeka Offor plaza, Golden plaza, one owned by GU Okeke etc. Onitsha residents should please fill in the gaps

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Chomzy19(f): 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
Nwa Anambra: U can hlp urself by travelin around....apart frm a few federal roads dat re in bad shape,d state roads are in absolutely gud shape.
yes d roads re in gud shape but not all d roads, nkpor n onitsha rds re not in good shapes and d state of d road in Anambra state does not qualify it to be d state wit d best rd ntwrk in d southeast. Get ur facts straight
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by bonetalk(m): 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
musiwa24: GeneralJ, rivers state is number 1. the oil installation are worth more than the lagos building. opic house in abeokuta was built for N1 billion..

Just one of the oil installation , some cost as much as $1 billions.. which is 160 of Opic houses..

count how many of such oil facilities in rivers.. it gives you 1600 opic skyscrappers in lagos, that look like this.. this is why river state is the state that carries the largest investment in nigeria.

then u need to check and know the meaning of industrialization, so you would be able to differentiate it from Development or urbanization.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by EmmyDe25(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
asha 80: urbanisation does not mean development.i will rather live in a small town right in middle of forests that have quality schools,pipe borne clean water,constant electricity and good security,effecicient means of transporting goods and services in and out of the town rather than living in a big urban jungle.
Kai! Na which school u go sef?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by dollyparton(m): 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
If Ogun state is not on this list, it only points to one thing, you have not been there. Most of those states you mentioned like Katsina, Enugu et al only have developed capital cities.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by legendarysegzi(m): 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
baynix:

Ondo State?? LOL!! Oh.. You Mean Akure State?? Coz Dat's The Only Town Wiv Good Road Network In The State!!
whr ar u frm ?and hw many places hv u been 2 in ondo state...
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nadoson: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
I'v been goin 2ru all d posts hia about developed states. That is states wit good roads, good infastructures, good security and states known by dia level of cleanliness. Y xcluding ABIA STATE? does it mean dat ABIA STATE (GODS OWN STATE) dosen't belong to d list? Okkkk!!!!! May be, ABIA STATE falls under 30's Developed states.
ABIA STATE (GODS OWN STATE) IS THE FIRST & BEST JOOO.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Ur penchant for stupidity is beyond measure but i don't blame u cuz its not ur fault dat u r a mumugerian. Nairaland is now a joke where clowns like u come to illustrate their buffoonery and tomfoonery. If u want people to take you seriously, next time try and authenticate any story you across wit facts. It seems common sense is a luxury in Nigeria. Always loud wit nuttin to show for.
To attend skul and be good in english language dose nt mean that somebody is sensible the op states his observation and ask for our opinions and observations instead of u to give urs u started cursing him yet u have no observations to make corncerning the topic. I think u are one that is stupid

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by oride: 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abuja and Lagos (Island) should top your list based on your indices. Enugu town, Calabar, Uyo should be there. Development in Nigeria is mostly non-existent. Infrastructural development (which I believe the Op means) is mostly focused in capital cities. Port-harcourt should be far from this list.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Ewet housing is cool. Very cool. Uyo is not really developed. The Governor just built roads and painted them.
akwa ibom in general is cool,it is not d mata of ewet housing alone.Visit places like eket,ikot ekpene,ikot abasi,abak,itu,ibiono etc.Even foreignas dat live in akwa ibom not much of dem stay in uyo,most of dem reside in other towns like eket,ikot abasi...Akwa ibom is cool guy,just try branch d state even do na 1 day.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by EmmyDe25(m): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
abdulkayus: Hey dude, ur list is trash. D only develop states i will say are Lagos, Abuja and den maybe Kano.
All d Anambra, Akwa ibom, oyo, delta and Edo are still glorified town. Which malls dey Anambra. Anambra is overhyped abeg.
Kano is not developed as a state. The development is concentrated mainly on d state capital. U can hardly pin point 3 developd towns out of d 44LGs d state possessd. Just as you have it in many northern states. So, u cant roll out Kano state's name when talking abt the most developed states in Nigeria, unless you are talking abt d most developed cities.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by oride: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Bros na this Eket where I dey you say better pass Uyo? Na wa o.
Emmadani: guy u dnt even knw wat u are sayin,dnt jugde wat u av not seen.Go to ikot abasi,ikot ekpene,abak,itu,eket al dis town as no difference wit d capital city,it is as developed or even more developed dan uyo....U ar talking trash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.