Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi (28728 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Austyno4(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2013
mikeyhernadez: .

The Truth na say PAPA na business Man e com be.
1)tv channel
2)2 universities
3)over 80 secondary schools
4)over 120 nursery/primary schools
5)dominion airline
6)private jet
What other business can he now venture into??
oil biz grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2013
idnoble135:
If Jesus was called beelzebub, it would then be naturally for those he sends 2 be called dsame.
OYEDEPO IS NOT JESUS. HE IS A COVETOUS DEMON MASQUERADING AS A PASTOR

2 PETER 2 VS 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

HE IS A BUSINESS MAN MAKING MERCHANDISE OF HIS FOLLOWERS

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 22, 2013
livethinme:

I have no problems with pastors expanding and preaching the word of God. I do have problems with people like who you blindly follow and do everything they say. Pastors in Nigeria are seen more as Gods than as Pastors and that is a problem, particularly because they mess around in politics/with politicians. Heck' we have situations in the east where a Pastor in a village can say that a child has the spirit of wizardry in him and said child will be promptly excommunicated from his home.

Another thing. Imagine, look at the state of Nigeria. Look at the state of its moral values. Unless you're going to defend Nigeria and say that everything there is in tip-top condition.
I understand the need to expand, but why dont these pastors try and improve the morality in Nigeria, which is pretty much non-existent. Or why dont they invest in programs to empower young people to find work, programs for the poor etc..or even use their influence in politics to convince the lawmakers to actually give a dam about the country (if they already do then fine).
This is one of the reasons I laugh when some Nigerians say that although the west is doing better economically, at least we have our morals LOL

Oh and I dont need/want more of this God dey attitude which has plagued our nation since kingdom come.
U can say whateva u want 2. As 2 regards impact, u r just blind 2 it. Many are beneficiaries of the ministries of these sent ones. As regards 2 me following dem blindly, dnt wory, my bible is my guide. I just honor them. Jesus said whosoever recieve a prophet in d name of a prophet would recieve d reward of a prophet.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by hunda: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2013
for the mandate of Africa, papa God will use you and others to take His Word everywhere,IJN.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 22, 2013
obadiah777: OYEDEPO IS NOT JESUS. HE IS A COVETOUS DEMON MASQUERADING AS A PASTOR

2 PETER 2 VS 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

HE IS A BUSINESS MAN MAKING MERCHANDISE OF HIS FOLLOWERS
I hope u can read, i never said he is Jesus, i refer 2 him as a sent one.
If he is a business man, how does it affect u? What am saying in essence, stop attacking christians, and run d race which is set for u. He is accountable 2 Jesus and not u
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by livethinme: 11:36am On Apr 22, 2013
idnoble135:
U can say whateva u want 2. As 2 regards impact, u r just blind 2 it. Many are beneficiaries of the ministries of these sent ones. As regards 2 me following dem blindly, dnt wory, my bible is my guide. I just honor them. Jesus said whosoever recieve a prophet in d name of a prophet would recieve d reward of a prophet.

Really? Okay then. Can you tell me some programs the man has funded and been part of? how has he influenced policy to better the working class/poor and those who are out of work?
I'm not saying dont receive prophets at all. I'm saying dont blindly follow them, just because they say they are prophets, doesnt mean they are. You know that and im sure when your pastor said it you were nodding in agreement.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Revolva(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2013
coolKenyans chase this man outta your country o..he is just a business man...making money....ok...na pastor life dey better the people dey suffer

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2013
livethinme:

Urgh. Christianity is not something that is meant to be hidden. Is it meant to be open and inviting for all to come and experience what God has. Its meant to be a light in the darkness, not some sort of house that is closed off until you enter.
U are ryt, christianity invites. But no one can truly understand christianity til dey are in d fold. That explains why an unbeliever pick a bible and sees nothing but stories, but when u read, u see revelations
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2013
idnoble135:
I hope u can read, i never said he is Jesus, i refer 2 him as a sent one.
If he is a business man, how does it affect u? What am saying in essence, stop attacking christians, and run d race which is set for u. He is accountable 2 Jesus and not u
I CAN MAKE JUDGEMENTS ON PEOPLE
1 CORINTHIANS 2 VS 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man <<< AND I AM TELLING YOU THE MAN IS OF SATAN

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by livethinme: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2013
idnoble135:
U are ryt, christianity invites. But no one can truly understand christianity til dey are in d fold. That explains why an unbeliever pick a bible and sees nothing but stories, but when u read, u see revelations

I disagree with you. There are non-Christians who can see more than Christians.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2013
livethinme:

Really? Okay then. Can you tell me some programs the man has funded and been part of? how has he influenced policy to better the working class/poor and those who are out of work?
I'm not saying dont receive prophets at all. I'm saying dont blindly follow them, just because they say they are prophets, doesnt mean they are. You know that and im sure when your pastor said it you were nodding in agreement.
First, i hope u knw he is not running a charity organization. He can give on his own free will. Besides, Jesus clearly states that when u give, dnt let ur left hand knw what ur ryt hand gave. Meaning dnt go abt blowing trumpet about ur giving. I av personally read of him helping some of his members wit money, and has sponsored many 2 uni. And its beta he doesnt brag ova this tins, let d critics kip wagging their tongue
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by kehinde1588(m): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2013
Church.fast money making,dis oyedepo na real business man ooo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2013
obadiah777: I CAN MAKE JUDGEMENTS ON PEOPLE
1 CORINTHIANS 2 VS 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man <<< AND I AM TELLING YOU THE MAN IS OF SATAN
Bible says u can judge tinz nt pple. Inteprete bible correctly. Matt 7:1-5, and Rom 14:4 shld help u
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2013
livethinme:

I disagree with you. There are non-Christians who can see more than Christians.
Yes bro, philosophically but definitely, nt spiritually.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:52am On Apr 22, 2013
obadiah777: THAT AINT NO MAN OF GOD. THEN AGAIN A REPROBATE LIKE YOURSELF DONT KNOW NOTHING. THAT IS A MAN OF BEELZEBUB
You're one to talk.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 22, 2013
obadiah777: I CAN MAKE JUDGEMENTS ON PEOPLE
And besides hope u knw wt sin of against d Holy Spirit is, it is attributing His work 2 d devil. And Jesus said dt person wld neva be forgiven. Jesus said dz wen d pharisees tld him dt he used d powers of beelzebub, d prince of demons.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2013
idnoble135:
Bible says u can judge tinz nt pple. Inteprete bible correctly. Matt 7:1-5, and Rom 14:4 shld help u
'YET HE HIMSELF IS JUDGETH OF NO MAN' <<<< I HOPE YOU DONT HAVE ENGLISH COMPREHENSION PROBLEMS. 'MAN'
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by dougivilla(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2013

1)tv channel
2)2 universities
5)dominion airline
6)private jet
Then said they amongst the heathen, the Lord has done great things for them!...................... You forgot the Bakery, Eateries, Convenant MFB, Written books selling in millions everyday, filling stations, dominion press, transport system, guest houses, over 3000 church branches etc etc

May God bless me to the point that no matter how much my enemies hate me, they can only join in counting my blessings like He has done Bishop Oyedepo!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 22, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
You're one to talk.
I CAN TALK. I AM SUPPOSED TO.
idnoble135:
And besides hope u knw wt sin of against d Holy Spirit is, it is attributing His work 2 d devil. And Jesus said dt person wld neva be forgiven. Jesus said dz wen d pharisees tld him dt he used d powers of beelzebub, d prince of demons.
YOU MUST BE OUT YO GADDEM MIND. SIN OF THE HOLY-SPIRIT IS WHEN SOMEONE REFUSES TO ACCEPT THE LORD.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by davidzfarm(m): 11:59am On Apr 22, 2013
This is the Lord's doing and its so marvellous
The Era of the Church is finally here, the much anticipated exponential growth. indeed, the gates of hell cannot prevail against the church. pls key-in to this prophetic move, its amazing what wonders God is doing in our time, Don't be left behind,
if you are in a train speeding @ 12okm/hr, that's how fast u are moving. next levels will not be a slogan in ur mouth,the tangibility of it will speak in ur life.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Venchy: 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nonybb: keep on thinking u are being funny until u fall under the wrath of the Almighty. But may God deliver u finally. I dont knw wat normally gave u ppl morals to attack men of God like politicians. Be careful

Are you still in bed or awake, if you are in bed, you better wake up because theres Fire on the mountain.

When theres poverty, Religion thrives.
When theres poverty, Gambling thrives
Finally, when there's poverty Alcohol & Sex also thrives.

This are the three (3) major things that sells.

Nigerian Religious leaders are not honest, they are smooth 419's, should I say they are worst because all they do is SCRIME to collect money from poor to expand their BUSINESS EMPIRE instead of preaching Gospel.

I feel for vulnerable poor people in Nigeria, they are in bondage

Since I was born, [size=15pt]I've never known any christian church opening so much like NIGERIAN churches, Fela saw this long time ago but they said it's the Ganja that's affecting him. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
Colonialism 2.0

I just hope my Kenyan brethren are wise enough to clip the wings of this self-styled god of Man (goM) before it is too late.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
Does he think he is building a stadium? Opps i forgot its meant for 20,000 bible sheep.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by livethinme: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
idnoble135:
First, i hope u knw he is not running a charity organization. He can give on his own free will. Besides, Jesus clearly states that when u give, dnt let ur left hand knw what ur ryt hand gave. Meaning dnt go abt blowing trumpet about ur giving. I av personally read of him helping some of his members wit money, and has sponsored many 2 uni. And its beta he doesnt brag ova this tins, let d critics kip wagging their tongue

mhm interesting. Churches in the UK are considered Charity as well....not in the strictest sense obviously, but its pretty much assumed that as a Church you will take part in charitable tasks within your community. Something thats lost on loads (not all) of Nigerian churches, who do things to benefit the church and not God.

What? im not asking him to boast about anything. Im saying, what has he done to help his community? And you cant even answer that question.

Even some of the African churches in London have programs to help the poor.

Also look, you say he doesnt have to boast, yet THE DEPUTY PRESIDENT IS GOING TO BE AT THE LAUNCH. Like I said, only for himself and his church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by obi123: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
to be honest no one gives a damn
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
obadiah777: I CAN TALK. I AM SUPPOSED TO. YOU MUST BE OUT YO GADDEM MIND. SIN OF THE HOLY-SPIRIT IS WHEN SOMEONE REFUSES TO ACCEPT THE LORD.
dt intepretation ws rong and totally off point. Intepret acordin 2 context.
Anyway, i aint going 2 reply u again, bt u will do urself gud if u start reading bible 4 urself, n also join a bible study group.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Peezol: 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
Let's be very careful in the way we pass judgement on the men of God. It's getting too much on this platform. It is better to keep your mouth shut than to speak ill of these men of God. Please stay clear of the wrath of God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Truckpusher(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
obadiah777: THAT AINT NO MAN OF GOD. THEN AGAIN A REPROBATE LIKE YOURSELF DONT KNOW NOTHING. THAT IS A MAN OF BEELZEBUB
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
YOU PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW THE LORD WORKS. OYEDEPO WAS RAISED UP BY THE LORD AS PUNISHMENT TO YOU NOT AS A BLESSING. AS A DELUSION TO YOU ( ISAIAH 66 VS 4 ). HE IS RAISED UP AS PUNISHMENT FOR A COVETOUS AND STIFF NECKED PEOPLE WHO SEEK HIM FOR WHAT THEY THINK THEY CAN GET. HIS JOB IS TO STRIP YOU CLEAN OF ALL YOUR MONEY AND LEAVE YOU WORSE OFF THAN YOU CAME INTO THE CHURCH. AND I DARE SAY HE IS DOING AN EXTREMELY GOOD JOB.

ZECHARIAH 11 VS 15 AND 16 And the LORD said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, [which] shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by mallorca(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2013

1)tv channel
2)2 universities
5)dominion airline
6)private jet

drugs business
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
idnoble135:
dt intepretation ws rong and totally off point. Intepret acordin 2 context.
Anyway, i aint going 2 reply u again, bt u will do urself gud if u start reading bible 4 urself, n also join a bible study group.
THE SIN AGAINST ( BLASPHEME ) THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONLY UNFORGIVABLE SIN AND THATS BECAUSE IT MEANS YOU REJECT THE HOLY SPIRIT. THAT MEANS YOU ARE AN ATHEIST OR SOMEONE WHO REJECTS GOD. THATS WHAT THAT MEANS.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
I swear, i dey gbadun Buzugee die for this kain thread. Man of Beelzebub!!! Roflmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Holds Thanksgiving, Cash Harvest (Video) / Catholic Church Clarifies Mbaka’s ‘Removal’ From Adoration Ministry / Mike Bamiloye Dancing At His Daughter, Darasimi's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.