Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi (28731 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by kajoula(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
mikeyhernadez: .

The Truth na say PAPA na business Man e com be.
1)tv channel
2)2 universities
3)over 80 secondary schools
4)over 120 nursery/primary schools
5)dominion airline
6)private jet
What other business can he now venture into??

Book Publishing empire
Fuel/Gas distribution
Has over 500 house in lagos and Ogun state
300 in abuja
Building a commacial estate.

No doubt his exploit has made him great & I like it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by MostHigh: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mintayo:

yes,leave them,let them continue to criticize them while they(the man of God) continue to prosper and prosper and prosper...some ppl are just so funny; leave the men of God alone, face your own rotten lives,let God be the jugde and stop taken His role(of which you can't),you ppl have not even seen anything yet,honestly!
Let us fix our own lives first and fulfil His mandate-preaching of the Gospel.
Please if you are not satisfy,go and create your own church pls and pls.
God bless us all.

There are only 2 religions I am aware of. spirituality and mammon.

If you think a man propering financially means he is spiritual then you have a lot to learn.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by MostHigh: 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
jauntie: The more u guys criticise n hate, the more dis bishop gets famous n richer. To all of u judgn him I dnt tink u cn get one quarter of what dis man has in your life time. Get over urslves

At leat from the conffessions of your mouth we can see its all about the mammon for you.

fire on, judgement is coming to you all soon.

ehen pls tell me God account number again before I forget.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by iyobs7(f): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
"And they were called Christians" note not by Christians but by those outsiders who were haterz
They behaved like "Little Christ"
With this in mind, Is PAPA now worthy to be called a "CHRISTIAN"?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by moneyhungry(m): 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
Peezol: Let's be very careful in the way we pass judgement on the men of God. It's getting too much on this platform. It is better to keep your mouth shut than to speak ill of these men of God. Please stay clear of the wrath of God.
wtf?!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by powerblaze(m): 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
The more you guys talk bad about him, the bigger he flourishes.. Pls guys, talk bad about me for just this month na! I wanna expand too!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Compliance(m): 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
Haven't you Guys noticed that the more you complain about men of God, the more they blossom and flourish and the more you Keep complaining because of your miserable lives. Keep complaining! Poverty stricken folks!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by sadamallah: 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2013

1)tv channel
2)2 universities
5)dominion airline
6)private jet

add several hotels, restaurants; bakery,bottled water,banks and the new estate he is building for the rich to your list
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by beey2(m): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
Everyone expressing their sadness and disappointment over this divine breakthrough (Spreading the Gospel) are entitled to their idiotic ideas, if you feel Bishop Oyedepo is not doing the right thing then I'll understand we are @ the end time because it is clear that all you're trying to do is to truncate the Spreading of the Good News if not try in your own way to spread it.

Did you even know that Bishop Oyedepo started his ministry from the village where there is no light and other amenities? I think you should also try doing same...

This is my little piece...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by foreignstudy: 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
livethinme:

I have no problems with pastors expanding and preaching the word of God. I do have problems with people like who you blindly follow and do everything they say. Pastors in Nigeria are seen more as Gods than as Pastors and that is a problem, particularly because they mess around in politics/with politicians. Heck' we have situations in the east where a Pastor in a village can say that a child has the spirit of wizardry in him and said child will be promptly excommunicated from his home.

Another thing. Imagine, look at the state of Nigeria. Look at the state of its moral values. Unless you're going to defend Nigeria and say that everything there is in tip-top condition.
I understand the need to expand, but why dont these pastors try and improve the morality in Nigeria, which is pretty much non-existent. Or why dont they invest in programs to empower young people to find work, programs for the poor etc..or even use their influence in politics to convince the lawmakers to actually give a dam about the country (if they already do then fine).
This is one of the reasons I laugh when some Nigerians say that although the west is doing better economically, at least we have our morals LOL

Oh and I dont need/want more of this God dey attitude which has plagued our nation since kingdom come.

I only know that there live people in Nairobi they are very poor like the people in nigeria so an other country where he gets money.
I help people in kenya and i know the young boy who gets my help for a better life. That is the place i help http://www.harambee.at sorry this side is in german but they have also a side on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gapeka-Childrens-Hope-Centre/402548856465650 this helps people more and this is what jesus tell us help the poor and i make this.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Inik(m): 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
dougivilla: About 32 years ago, this ministry like many others started, but unlike many that have long closed up, its still growing in leaps and bounds.

In all fairness don't you think a ministry that has survived this long deserves commendation? At least we have a bright side to the whole scenero. How many nairalanders are up to 30 years old? How many of us have tried running business ventures, even for a calender year or two without running it under? Even if the man no dash people money as una dey think say him suppose to, are you aware that the commission has in its employ, over 150,000 active employees as Pastors, lecturers, drivers, security, teachers, caterers, bankers, attendants, accountants etc and many more as contractors, technical partners, consultants and other indirect employees?

Imagine that we have up to 100 of such institutions in Nigeria, do you think we would still have as many jobless people as we currently have on NL moving from thread to thread, seeking for whom to run down?

People will always quarrel with what they can't comprehend. Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo is simply a phenomenon, God has made him the next wonder of the world and theres nothing anyman can do to whom God has blessed
Quit the hate and keep on working hard and praying. If he can do it for the bishop, He can do it for me and you!

Spot on!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Akiika: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
But seriously, these pastors have done a lot of damage to a lot of Nigerians' psyche, they take advantage of their undeveloped minds and poverty stricken situation to control their minds. Any unfavorable comment about pastors according to these mumu followers attracts the wrath of God. These pastors latch on the unsavory quest for lucre of Nigerians and give pre-conditions for prosperity...one of which is aberrant reverence and obeisance to them.
As regards Oyedepo's new church in Nairobi, he's only expanding his business empire, you would do the same if you have a thriving business. FREE YOURSELVES NIGERIANS!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by dasparrow: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
Peezol: Let's be very careful in the way we pass judgement on the men of God. It's getting too much on this platform. It is better to keep your mouth shut than to speak ill of these men of God. Please stay clear of the wrath of God.

Shut up! Don't upset me!

We should not pass judgement on these wolves in sheep clothing called NIGERIAN pastors but you are quick to pass judgement on your fellow Nigerians who are married but have no children of their own, or single adults who are yet to be married, or widows in your society, or the poor, the mentally and physically disabled and the list goes on.

I am a Christian too saved by grace but I am disgusted by the average Nigerian Christian. With all the churches constantly popping up in all nooks and crannies of Nigeria, yet the average Nigerian is materialistic, money greedy, a tribalist bigot, a religious fanatic, aggressive, arrogant, pompous, dishonest, corrupt, filled with lust, discriminatory, bribe takers, cultists, drug traffickers, loud, and the list goes on.

Even the bible warns of Christians who are constant hearers of the word and never doers. Why do you think Christ said that not everyone who is calling on him Lord, Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven? With all the churches in Nigeria yet the whole world knows that the average Nigerian is corrupt to the bone. So what are the pastors doing? Are they sleeping?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Inik(m): 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
The Double portion agenda 2013 of expansion and multiplication as prophesied on the 31st of December 2012 by God"s servant Bishop Oyedepo is already working! Winners chapel has been in Nairobi for the past 18 years, so a 20,000 seater auditorium is not out of place.

Some people on this thread are going around castigating the man of God and deliberately influencing others to resist the gospel of Christ, here is what Jesus said about them in luke 17:2;
"It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble" (New International Version ©2011). You guys should repent.

Here are some pictures

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Degis(m): 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
God is working, Haters are hating and the Saints are winning. praise The Lord

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by 2baga(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
dougivilla: Then said they amongst the heathen, the Lord has done great things for them!...................... You forgot the Bakery, Eateries, Convenant MFB, Written books selling in millions everyday, filling stations, dominion press, transport system, guest houses, over 3000 church branches etc etc

May God bless me to the point that no matter how much my enemies hate me, they can only join in counting my blessings like He has done Bishop Oyedepo!

So shall be my testimony, In Jesus Name

on point
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by MostHigh: 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
Compliance: Haven't you Guys noticed that the more you complain about men of God, the more they blossom and flourish and the more you Keep complaining because of your miserable lives. Keep complaining! Poverty stricken folks!!

mind controlled *ombie!
In a nutshell.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2013

1)tv channel
2)2 universities
5)dominion airline
6)private jet
Dominion Oil and Gas
Yahweh Pasta (holy communion)
Covenant Hotels

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
It's thesame people that go about spreading heresies that the world will be destroyed. If so, why build gigantic structures (at the expence of the poor) when they know they will be destroyed?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by toluxa1(m): 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Whenever Nigeria or Kenya have International matches, they should play it in Living Faith. 20,000 seater, 50,000 seater, sounds more like a stadium to me.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by isalegan2: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
FlirtyKaren: pictures from the church commisioning.
Pastor Oyedepo arrived Nairobi in 1 of his 4 jets

More pics - http://www.lailasblog.com/2013/04/bishop-oyedepo-opens-20000-seater.html

Naijas colonising the rest of Africa through their churches.

I can see how it was so easy for the Oyinbos to take control of us. First send the missionaries to feck up their minds, then send the soldiers and then partition their dark continent however the hell we want, for maximum benefit.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by shady26(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
Area_boy:

oh STFU.. The man is there making millions and living the life and you are here covering his tracks because you are afraid of the "wrath". See why the white man could easily plunder our continent for centuries? Nonsense.

Even your damn bible preaches against fear. Cherry-picking evangelistic zombies angry
I can feel your bitterness,we have not started yet,we are going to buy up the whole african continent and yonder(and we are doing it already) as the lord said in the scriptures "through prosperity shall my cities be spread abroad".I just pray you live to see it and believe to come out of your poverty,frustration and pain filled life which funny enough you think you are enjoying.christianity has changed,no longer the quiet apologectic poor fellows you knew and ridiculed,we are loud now,heard by presidents and rulers of nations(some of them kneeling in our alters) and we are just warming up!!hahaha !

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by OmoTier1(m): 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
Let Him that is stupid remain stupid, soon the jokes will become weeping and garnishing of teeth, and these same ones will call on the rocks of the north to fall on them but to no avail will the rocks answer! Be wise, fear God and preserve yourself from destruction. I really feel sorry for many who are raising their hands against what is bigger than them... in the days of ignorance, God overlooks.

Some of you struggling today, having graduated from a good university yet cannot afford to feed yourself, if only you knew it was that laughter, that giggling, those words you uttered against Gods elect when you were in secondary school, when that brother/sister was heading for fellowship on campus, that has turned against you, for real, you would curse that day and wished it never dawned on you.

God's kingdom is expanding, the gates of hell shall never prevail against it. Living Faith church has built a church to bring in more harvest into the kingdom, yet many here are castigating Gods works. But remember, on that day, this thread, yes I mean this Nairaland thread will be replayed before your very eyes, and your spirit will recall vividly how you knowingly and glaringly took swipe at God's own House.

Be wise, if you do not know, stay quiet, or better keep praying to God who holds all things in His hands and sees all things.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
Does the MOG know you people-his supporters? undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2013

1)tv channel
2)2 universities
5)dominion airline
6)private jet

You are a victim of ignorance. Sorrrrrrrrry for you.
Whr is the dominion airline located? Ignoramus
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by tomzman: 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
The lord knows those who are his.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
Kenyanstar: KENYAN REACTION TO THE "BISHOP" OYEDEPO

I would like to inform you from a Kenyan's perspective that this guy will be in for a rude shock. Kenyans are one of the most conscious and skeptical Africans in the continent. A few days ago the infamous Pastor Chris Ojigbani was in the country expecting a windfall from gullible women when he was hit with the shock of his life when the millions he had spent to advertise for his Husband searching escapades were dealt a blow. The idiot started ranting and blaming the Kenyan media for the low turnout and boy had he bargained for more than he could chew. He was massacred by all the Television networks and newspaper outlets. The moral of this story is that the moment you want to start screwing anyone, especially a kenyan then prepare for an avalanche of retribution and scorn. The Kenyan mindset as a society is very much informed and any slight portrayal of a lie can really tarnish your personal standing in the society. If This other Odeyepo guy thinks he will be minting any cash from Kenyans, then trust me he will be crying not that very far from the near future. Kenyans are as hard as a rock.....

Mtchew!!! Some one remind me of the name of that baby stealing Kenyan pastor. He and his wife were in the eye of the storm a few years back.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
musKeeto:
All these pentecostal lingua....

His ways are not our ways, His thoughts far different from our thoughts. I speak from experience.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
If humans are gullible, God is not. He is surely watching us. But let us ask ourselves, if these pastors had lived in Bible time, will they be called christians?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by kollyaba(m): 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
Double Portion - Next Levelssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Opens 20,000- Seater Church In Nairobi by rusher14: 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Let Him that is stupid remain stupid, soon the jokes will become weeping and garnishing of teeth, and these same ones will call on the rocks of the north to fall on them but to no avail will the rocks answer! Be wise, fear God and preserve yourself from destruction. I really feel sorry for many who are raising their hands against what is bigger than them... in the days of ignorance, God overlooks.

Some of you struggling today, having graduated from a good university yet cannot afford to feed yourself, if only you knew it was that laughter, that giggling, those words you uttered against Gods elect when you were in secondary school, when that brother/sister was heading for fellowship on campus, that has turned against you, for real, you would curse that day and wished it never dawned on you.

God's kingdom is expanding, the gates of hell shall never prevail against it. Living Faith church has built a church to bring in more harvest into the kingdom, yet many here are castigating Gods works. But remember, on that day, this thread, yes I mean this Nairaland thread will be replayed before your very eyes, and your spirit will recall vividly how you knowingly and glaringly took swipe at God's own House.

Be wise, if you do not know, stay quiet, or better keep praying to God who holds all things in His hands and sees all things.
Believe me, I've read a few of your posts here on NL and I've always considered you to be an intelligent person.
But I need you to answer this question.
You actually think the Nigerians (who actually believe in God), who have only felt disenchanted by the ways of those who claim to be MOG's are being punished for feeling so?
You actually think God is that cruel?
So, The westerners who have converted God's house to night clubs yet enjoy a better quality of life are exempt from this punishment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Catholic Church Clarifies Mbaka’s ‘Removal’ From Adoration Ministry / Mike Bamiloye Dancing At His Daughter, Darasimi's Wedding / 'Pastor Delivers Lady With Womb Tied By Friend Via Wedding Gift' - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.