Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls (16337 Views)

The Agony Of Jobless & Single Girls Above 28 Who Still Squat With Their Parents / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by hectortex: 7:56am On Apr 23, 2013
They are everywhere. Mostly subtle moves I'd definitely recognise for what it is (heck I was once in the game) to the overtly brazen gestures and expressions.
I cant remember how many times I'd had to remind some of them am married and so couldnt call them or recieve their calls especially at the odd hours. Even with a ring permanently on ma finger anytime am out and a ring mark you cant miss when it isnt there, they'd flirt around you with those coquettish moves(especially when you are young and successful) that even a blind man knows what it is.
Just yesterday, a colleague that took a loan from me to execute a job in a show of appreciation invited me to her hotel room to pay the interests. Guess weare supposed to pray there.
It takes a lot of control for a guy to be faithful to a gf talk more of a wife, please do not make it impossible. when you girls see us with our ring, it means we are really trying to make it work with our wives. Its not wrong to appreciate us but do not tempt us before we 'ruin your future'.

P.S: This is not common to all girls. There are still decent ones who treats with us with such decorum who wouldnt (or appear to) be inclined to any affair once the guy is hooked.

12 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 23, 2013
Really shameful I must say how low our values are. Sadly most of us will still act this way and go to church aand shout the loudest.
However, you must remember that these girls have nothing at stake, most case they just want money, you on the other hand took a vow before God to Love, care, protect your wife and share your body with her alone.
You are the one with a wife who will get hurt, you are the one who may pick up a disease and infect your wife, you are the one with kids looking up to you for moral guidance, you are the one who will have to squeeze money from family savings to meet insatiable needs of a leech,
You are the one who who have to forfit family time when you should be bonding and laughing with your kids to sneak around with someone with no morals or values.
I say well done to all married men who stop and think and say No, I know how hard it is to stay faithful in a society where cheating seems to be a well acceptable norm.
There is no prize for how much you can hurt or betray your wife by falling in to the trap of various affairs, there is a prize from God nd your wife for staying strong in the midst of temptation.

A honest faithful husband will be worship by his wife, she will carry him like a crown and do all she can to make him happy because he has loved her enough to respect her heart, life and body.

To the ladies who go about insulting and targetting obviously married men, toh just be careful, it may look like fun and games now but others are getting hurt and crying from your actions.
It still pays to be nice and decent to work hard and earn your way through life. Its still right to be able to hold your head high without following the crowd.
That phone, car or wig may give you temporary joy but be careful, that is someones school fees and God is watching.

May God bless faithful, honest open husbands, Husbands whose love and support we can always count on.

71 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by biolabee(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2013
Good account, Excellent post by DB but why do I think this is a revenge post to the many anti - married man threads

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by hectortex: 8:29am On Apr 23, 2013
Whether it is a revenge post or not, the truth is that this is what happens in our society.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by hectortex: 8:37am On Apr 23, 2013
@debrief
u've spoken well.
The reason why most men might swing to the left is because they can afford it both in terms of cash and time. they can afford the time on account of many trips which could serve dual purposes and the cash is another tying altogether.
these girls do not go after the average man, they deal with the men who paying school fees and other house expenses isnt a biggie to.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by biolabee(m): 8:41am On Apr 23, 2013
Ok..
#siddonlook

Grumbling - See what tashamania and co and caused undecided tongue

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 23, 2013
Lol Biolabee, me I loose track, the post makes sense.
It will be pretentious not to say I don't notice some of the things the poster mentioned.
I have a husband, we are very free with each other so we share a lot of these experiences.
He hardly reads facebook inbox messages self becaause of some of the madness my brother, I am tasked with reading and seperating real from junk.
You won't believe some of the things I see and read there.
Then the ones sent by banks and contractors, those ones na seperate story.
The good thing my husband did for us was open up our marriage, no secrets nd no phone locking. If I didn't see some of the things myself I may evenn jump intot the conclusion that he is playing games.
The mistake some men make is trying to manage the situation and hide it, that's what usually brings wahala.
As harsh and straight as he is there are those who don't care oh, they go miles to get men married or not.
But like he says, if he has an affair its him who has something to loose not any lady.

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by butta(m): 8:44am On Apr 23, 2013
hectortex: They are everywhere. Mostly subtle moves I'd definitely recognise for what it is (heck I was once in the game) to the overtly brazen gestures and expressions.
I cant remember how many times I'd had to remind some of them am married and so couldnt call them or recieve their calls especially at the odd hours. Even with a ring permanently on ma finger anytime am out and a ring mark you cant miss when it isnt there, they'd flirt around you with those coquettish moves(especially when you are young and successful) that even a blind man knows what it is.
Just yesterday, a colleague that took a loan from me to execute a job in a show of appreciation invited me to her hotel room to pay the interests. Guess weare supposed to pray there.
It takes a lot of control for a guy to be faithful to a gf talk more of a wife, please do not make it impossible. when you girls see us with our ring, it means we are really trying to make it work with our wives. Its not wrong to appreciate us but do not tempt us before we 'ruin your future'.

P.S: This is not common to all girls. There are still decent ones who treats with us with such decorum who wouldnt (or appear to) be inclined to any affair once the guy is hooked.
Are you sure you are not one of these married men that keep spoiling this single girls by spending your money and dashing them gifts when you finish spoiling them this same girls become TERRORIST in MATERIALISM harassing the single men who want to have a nice decent relationship with them

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2013
Well poster, its a choice, like I said the girls have nothing to loose, you married man has a wife and kids looking up to you.
Its your choice just be prepared to live with the consequencies that come with getting involved in that lifestyle, you an adult, no one can force you to do what you don't want to do.
I can ee Biolabee is right, goodluck with your thread

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by biolabee(m): 8:46am On Apr 23, 2013
Madam DB, I agree perfectly and the truth is that responsibility starts with the players in this triangle

Men must accept that it is a conscious decision to stick to their wifes and say NO to interlopers

some text removed...
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by biolabee(m): 8:54am On Apr 23, 2013
debrief08:
But like he says, if he has an affair its him who has something to loose not any lady.

This is the truth
An affair is a costly distraction that benefits no one
Moreso women are wired to be possessive and become caustic when put in the same space with another female
Some go diabolical

A man that wants peace will not put himself in that kind of melee

May God help us All

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Austinodark(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2013
Thread recomended for Frontpage!
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by gladiator12: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2013
I really enjoy ur comments in this family section Debrief08, you sure make a whole lot of sense. Married men use the excuse that they were lured and tempted.They can't use their brains instead they make use of their below without weighing the consequences of their actions.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by slimyem: 11:18am On Apr 23, 2013
I have always said that there's hardly any single girl that hasn't had the opportunity and/or the temptation to date a married man same way there's no married man who has not had or who won't have several opportunities and be tempted to stray but it is that sense of morality, respect for the vows you took and self discipline as it applies that should influence the choices we make around these issues.

Wrong is wrong and no excuse is justifiable for it.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 23, 2013
Since the beginning of times there has always been and there will always be loose women and men with little or no morals nothing new there. So the reason for this post will be (i am guessing here) that you are a very decent man weighed down by the excesses of single women in the society who are after you despite your wedding ring firmly in place. Are you advising Single women to stop being loose yes i guess? or is this a red alert for married women to shine their torch light on the uselessness of single (oh some) gals? You cannot convert all the ladies to decency even you know that? Or are you trying to tell your wife the great favor you are doing her by being faithful?

Especially when you are young and successful? The older successful ones must be walking about with shields to deflect the singles then.

Ruin their future? or ruin you and your wife and kiddies happiness. Na you go get tension for house na by the time you are always whispering and deleting text messages and wifey is resenting you and the atmosphere at home becomes sour sotey childen are always crying when they see mummy and daddy quarreling dey deceive yourself instead of you to advice yourself or come up with a profitable post on maybe how to resist temptation as a married man you are telling confused women when they see your ring to stay off.

6 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by biolabee(m): 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
andromida: Since the beginning of times there has always been and there will always be loose women and men with little or no morals nothing new there. So the reason for this post will be (i am guessing here) that you are a very decent man weighed down by the excesses of single women in the society who are after you despite your wedding ring firmly in place. Are you advising Single women to stop being loose yes i guess? or is this a red alert for married women to shine their torch light on the uselessness of single (oh some) gals? You cannot convert all the ladies to decency even you know that? Or are you trying to tell your wife the great favor you are doing her by being faithful?

Especially when you are young and successful? The older successful ones must be walking about with shields to deflect the singles then.

Ruin their future? or ruin you and your wife and kiddies happiness. Na you go get tension for house na by the time you are always whispering and deleting text messages and wifey is resenting you and the atmosphere at home becomes sour sotey childen are always crying when they see mummy and daddy quarreling dey deceive yourself instead of you to advice yourself or come up with a profitable post on maybe how to resist temptation as a married man you are telling confused women when they see your ring to stay off.

smart post
a man who wants peace does not carry hot coals on his chest

if the home front becomes too heated, nobody has peace
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by hectortex: 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
andromida: Since the beginning of times there has always been and there will always be loose women and men with little or no morals nothing new there. So the reason for this post will be (i am guessing here) that you are a very decent man weighed down by the excesses of single women in the society who are after you despite your wedding ring firmly in place. Are you advising Single women to stop being loose yes i guess? or is this a red alert for married women to shine their torch light on the uselessness of single (oh some) gals? You cannot convert all the ladies to decency even you know that? Or are you trying to tell your wife the great favor you are doing her by being faithful?

Ruin their future?
or ruin you and your wife and kiddies happiness. Na you go get tension for house na by the time you are always whispering and deleting text messages and wifey is resenting you and the atmosphere at home becomes sour sotey childen are always crying when they see mummy and daddy quarreling dey deceive yourself instead of you to advice yourself or come up with a profitable post on maybe how to resist temptation as a married man you are telling confused women when they see your ring to stay off.

I didnt come up with the bolded. It is a quote from a previous thread.
I guess you misunderstand
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
I saw dis coming...
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by hectortex: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
debrief08: Well poster, its a choice, like I said the girls have nothing to loose, you married man has a wife and kids looking up to you.
Its your choice just be prepared to live with the consequencies that come with getting involved in that lifestyle, you an adult, no one can force you to do what you don't want to do.
I can ee Biolabee is right, goodluck with your thread

i do not wish to use temptation as justification for infidelity in men. A little encouragement on the part of these girls wouldnt hurt. Majority of us believes and respect the sanctity of marriage but all of us aint that strong. we would want to be left alone to take care of our family. Yes the man has more at stake but the girl does too. so whiile i strive to maintaim my vows, sissies should also know that leading another into temptation carries its own punishment
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by nwababy: 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
@OP,this na jist.I hope you really mean what you have posted if not,God is watching you on plasma tv.The percentage of faithful married men are so few that you can't count but,I believe we have good men out there.All I know is that I can't count the numbers of married men that i have encounter with that doesn't ask me out.(They are lucky they met a girl like me cos anybody that goes to fetch an ant infected wood welcomes ant)If you ask them for a favor like helping you get a job,na there u don find trouble.Does it mean they weren't favored with jobs by their friends?can they ask their follow men for sex in exchange for job?Men have this at the back of your mind whatever you sow in this planet earth so shall you reap.@OP don't just go there because the ratio of promiscous men to hawky girls are 10:3 period.

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
hectortex:

i do not wish to use temptation as justification for infidelity in men. A little encouragement on the part of these girls wouldnt hurt. Majority of us believes and respect the sanctity of marriage but all of us aint that strong. we would want to be left alone to take care of our family. Yes the man has more at stake but the girl does too. so whiile i strive to maintaim my vows, sissies should also know that leading another into temptation carries its own punishment

So you are saying a girl that you don't know and does not care about your wife and kids,has no stake in your marriage and has loose morals should help you be faithful to your wife and kids who you care about and are priority in your life. Lets say a girl reads this and repents there will be others who are worse than she was out there so you keep telling the girls don't tempt me,i will fall. Sorry the responsibility is yours and your wife's only not the sissies.

How can you ask a random stranger to be responsible for your weakness?

You can't ditch this even if you try. Its hard for folks like you but this is the reality its like saying "satan you know i want to be holy please don't tempt me". Am i missing something? is there a girl on this forum you are appealing to because......

12 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by biolabee(m): 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
andromida:

So you are saying a girl that you don't know and does not care about your wife and kids,has no stake in your marriage and has loose morals should help you be faithful to your wife and kids who you care about and are priority in your life. Lets say a girl reads this and repents there will be others who are worse than she was out there so you keep telling the girls don't tempt me,i will fall. Sorry the responsibility is yours and your wife's only not the sissies.

You can't ditch this even if you try. Its hard for folks like you but this is the reality its like saying "satan you know i want to be holy please don't tempt me". Am i missing something? is there a girl on this forum you are appealing to because......

Another sensible post
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
As they said in the other thread, just say No and the girls would vamoose from your life. Stop leading them on.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by hectortex: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
andromida:

tBeen faithful to ma wife is my responsibility and no sissy is gonnamake me unfaithful if i dont want to. but this does not in any way change the fact that this os a regular occurence in our daily lives
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
stillwater: As they said in the other thread, just say No and the girls would vamoose from your life. Stop leading them on.

No is not enough as you can see, I think the wives should start dealing with them with concentrated HCL.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by biolabee(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
jidegirl12:

No is not enough as you can see, I think the wives should start dealing with them with concentrated HCL.

Acid on who.. the men who still chase the girls or the girls

why the extreme measure..
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by SisiKill1: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
andromida:

Beautifuler and wiser words have never been written!!

Bravo!!
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
jidegirl12:

Lol, I was just repeating the general consensus on how to deal with unwanted advances.
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by armyofone(m): 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
stillwater: As they said in the other thread, just say No and the girls would vamoose from your life. Stop leading them on.

true, also guys should not use provocative dressing.
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by tpia5: 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
Just yesterday, a colleague that took a loan from me to execute a job in a show of appreciation invited me to her hotel room to pay the interests

if you collect nookie in lieu of money, na you be maga o.

which kind yeye "show of appreciation" be that.

there's nothing wrong with her bringing the money to you in full view of the public, or is she a spirit who must not be seen in daytime?
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
biolabee:

Acid on who.. the men who still chase the girls or the girls

why the extreme measure..

I'm just dishing my sincere advice here, gotta problem wif that? And besides who's chasing who? I thought OP case is the reverse.

Extreme measure? Don't ask me , ask those girls who are desperate ( juju & likes) to leech on ' made' married men for material things and possibly be a baby mama.
Re: Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
armyofone:

true, also guys should not use provocative dressing.

Buhahaha. All those tight pants that 'insinuate' a bulge. . .lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To Practice Self-love / Men Are The Cause Of Moral Decadence & Indecency In Our Girls Today / Pls Help Me I Have Anger Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.