Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria (18576 Views)

PICS: When a Girl Is a PHD Holder In Gold Digging / I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / Why Is Gold-digging More Of A Woman Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2013
They come dressed in high-end clothing, articulate in speech, they claim to be anything from MOGs to doctors, lawyers and contractors/businessmen(most used).

What they really are? Wolves waiting to pounce on unsuspecting, successful women.

Many times the art of gold digging has been attributed to only females, but more and more men seem to be involved in worming their ways into the hearts of women with the sole aim of sucking her dry both financially and emotionally.

It's apparent that our men aren't interested in working hard for their money, rather preferring to feed off of unsuspecting (mostly desperate and lonely) women, who are deceived into thinking the men in question are truly in love with them.

This trend is mostly popular in the cities (Lagos,PH,Abuja), but Abuja has to be the headquarters of these men. They date older, successful women and promise them marriage only to abscond with their money and valuables (probably off to marry the younger girl they've been courting for years)

These shameless men have even gone international, dating and most times marrying women twice their ages in the hopes that such women die few months after the marriage, just to get citizenship/wealth.

It surprises me how NL men have the nerve to say ALL Nigerian girls are gold diggers, when the men are just as guilty.

Accept it or not, Nigeria has more male gold diggers than female gold diggers(at least we don't see Nigerian women marrying old, frail men twice their ages)

37 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by greedie1(f): 9:10am On Apr 23, 2013
i totally agree with the op grin

3 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by angelTI(f): 9:14am On Apr 23, 2013
boys r not smilin......

1 Like

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Caracta(f): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2013
Ooops! grin grin cheesy
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by CharlesShaw(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2013
Hehehe gues u or sum1 u know fell a victim.
The world is nw made up with con artistes.

1 Like

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by ikekings(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2013
Hmmmm....
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2013
Charles Shaw: Hehehe gues u or sum1 u know fell a victim.
The world is nw made up with con artistes.
none of the above really.

It's something I notcied a lot in Abuja, young guys looking for women who drive posh cars and take trips abroad...

There was also this woman in a salon I was at one time who told us of the man she married (she's a sickler and a motivational speaker who writes and speaks at seminars in Europe and Africa). The guy claimed to be an MOG who had cancer, and she went out of her way to take care of him to the detriment of both her health and career. She annulled the marriage once she discovered he was in fact very healthy, all he wanted was a cash cow.

Wondering why men who God made providers would want to alter that and become liabilities to those they ought to provide for.

6 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by 1stola: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2013
[size=18pt]B4 NKO[/size]
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 23, 2013
front page finally ......
i want to use dis opportunity to thank my maga for payin...tank u mtn for d bis i use on my sansung galaxy. tank u samsung . tank u seun...my mama my papa...leo.... owelor for providin me wit gbegbe( high) tank u mama nonso for shayo...tank u van persie..sir alex ferguson.. for winnin league...all d girls i bleep. peace amaka. sophia..kc my neighbours daughter. come bak junior miss u so much..
.insider festival bakery festac chairman. i hail ooo..dagogo. Western union .... liberty reserve ..una too much.
all magas dat ve not paid. shout out to u..
PAY UP OTHERS ARE PAYING

5 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by SECURITYWOMAN(f): 10:24am On Apr 23, 2013
Yea yea. Preach it sister.

1 Like

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by timbs001(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2013
suniblu: space booked...make i go tink wetin i go write
Na so you dull reach? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2013

Bitches be hussling brothers everyday for everything from; Recharge cards to Cellphones to cars, house rents, lands, open up boutiques for them, shopping in Dubai, Private jet lounging, Yatch cruises, expensive vacations, money in the bank, etc.. This has been the case since the beginning of time. We men complain, but we keep it on the down low..

A Man gets some help from a woman, she opens a website and tells the world...

Whats the ratio of Guys who hussle women to girls who hussle guys?! Prolly like 500,000 : 1 (in just Abuja o!!)

79 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by tanidabi: 10:29am On Apr 23, 2013
Very true,i agree
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2013
timbs001:
Na so you dull reach? undecided

na u sabi. first time front page after many years.. who even care. u think say i read d article mtchewww..
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2013
We need to import those ABJ, PHC and Lag guys to Warri to mentor Us, Warri girls wan kill us!!!

5 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2013
Sad but very true, I see them plenty. I know so many who have married them and tried to help them get work or even a business unsuccesfully.

They are only interested in looking good, drivings cars and the easy life. Lol, they have learned well from their female counnter parts.
They also target married women, Governors wives, Ministers wives and women who head establishments, married or single they don't care.
They come up with some business deals to trap married women all wash.
They will do every thing under the sun, help lauder money, help set up fictitious companies yet the money hardly stays, they love the good flashy life too much exactly how many female runs girls behave, few have the sense to wisely invest
I have had a lot of them, me and my husband chopped one of them money and played him.
Everyone should be careful now, avoid greed and not make decisions out of desperation.
Shine ya eyes

7 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by k10: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2013
what a woman can do, a man can do better!

2 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by kramer: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2013
SECURITY WOMAN: Yea yea. Preach it sister.

What is exciting you .. they said "successful women" not "security women"

18 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by asanwaph: 10:33am On Apr 23, 2013
Shameless men acting like babies! shocked
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:34am On Apr 23, 2013
safarigirl:
It surprises me how NL men have the nerve to say ALL Nigerian girls are gold diggers, when the men are just as guilty.

Accept it or not, Nigeria has more male gold diggers than female gold diggers(at least we don't see Nigerian women marrying old, frail men twice their ages)

do u feel better now after the improbable and ass-brained rant?

Like seriously, The above is NOT TRUE.

and even more pertinent is, why does it bug u pple so much? since the advent of time, you pple have been doing this, under various guises and celebrated it as being smart, sharp etc etc.

ALL those fun cliches, ALL those "pay my bills" etc etc.

now the shoe is on the other foot,its now bothering u pple? grin grin grin grin grin

Nna, deal with it. Just the way all those Mugu men have dealt with it over the years.

feel free to rant, it helps relieve the stress.

BTW, in case you dont agree, feel free to be gay. cheesy cheesy cheesy since in your dystopic world, women are not gold diggers.

And just to be clear about all this BS, for every male gold digger, there are 1000 female gold diggers. matter of fact every female is a Gold Digger. Yeah i went there.

disprove it

24 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 23, 2013
Why complaining?? We have golddiggers both in males and females almost in equal measures, so wats ur point in lamenting?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by adewal15(m): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2013
Even OP knows thats wah nigerian girls deal in..,Stop trying to justify the fact that girls have turned most relationship n marriages into a job oppurtunities... Day by Day our Future wives are reducing in value n worth..
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nightshift(m): 10:36am On Apr 23, 2013
It's like another version of "Nigerian Prince"(apology to Jay Leno), aka 419. Ladies beware, hash economy is making Nigerian men find innovative ways of fleecing unsuspecting ladies off their hard-earned money. On the other hand, it's difficult not to become a victim if you're desperate for marriage.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by mike404(m): 10:37am On Apr 23, 2013
SOUL E is a good example grin

2 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Rhymez(m): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2013
grin. No time

7 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by 32D: 10:39am On Apr 23, 2013
safarigirl: [b]Many times the art of gold digging has been attributed to only females, but more and more men seem to be involved [/b]in worming their ways into the hearts of women with the sole aim of sucking her dry both financially and emotionally.
[size=16pt]well what is good 4 d goose(Chioma) is also good 4 d gander(Chukwudi)[/size]

1 Like

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

do u feel better now after the improbable and ass-brained rant?

Like seriously, The above is NOT TRUE.

and even more pertinent is, why does it bug u pple so much? since the advent of time, you pple have been doing this, under various guises and celebrated it as being smart, sharp etc etc.

ALL those fun cliches, ALL those "pay my bills" etc etc.

now the shoe is on the other foot,its now bothering u pple? grin grin grin grin grin

Nna, deal with it. Just the way all those Mugu men have dealt with it over the years.

feel free to rant, it helps relieve the stress.

BTW, in case you dont agree, feel free to be gay. cheesy cheesy cheesy since in your dystopic world, women are not gold diggers.

And just to be clear about all this BS, for every male gold digger, there are 1000 female gold diggers. matter of fact every female is a Gold Digger. Yeah i went there.

disprove it

5 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2013
safarigirl:
Wondering why men who God made providers would want to alter that and become liabilities to those they ought to provide for.

Really? and where did you get this nugget of wisdom from?

Let me guess, the "holy" books?, your "tradition"? grin grin grin

Nna, shame u picked this portion to hold fast, what about ALL the other aspects of those books and traditions that stipulate that your sorry arses are second class citizens, meant to be seen and not heard? the part that state u all are all properties to be maintained?

That part does not jell with your "modern" outlook, but u accept the part where some fool should have to provide for u abi?

@ debrief,
as much as i understand and sympathise with your views, It became like this the time when it became normative that only men who have it made are qualified to date women.

men have been enduring this crap for years or how they are measured primarily by the amount of cash they control. The human Nature is like the human body, IT ADAPTS.

Its a Sign of the times.

NB: I am not a gold digger, will rather die than be one. but i find it amusing to see woman complain about gold digging,.

seriously? women? what wont we see.

5 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by pendusky(m): 10:44am On Apr 23, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 10:45am On Apr 23, 2013
I read once how a 'banker' in Abuja wooed 5 working-class ladies promising them marriage and got financial favours from them. They found out and he 'vanished'.lol
I'm sure he's in Lagos or PH now.
safarigirl: It's apparent that our men aren't interested in working hard for their money.
@Op This part sounded too generalizing o!
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Chubhie: 10:45am On Apr 23, 2013
C'mon, There are still Nigerian men who still upholds the natural order of things between the sexes. A real man with principles wont descend to such lows for bodily and material gains. Ladies on the other hand, should learn to plan their life with precision from youth and how they intend spending old age thereby minimizing the risks of being desperate and willing to compromise standards for weak men willing to pry on them. Parents should also learn to teach their kids how to discover themselves very early in life.

2 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Samelfisha(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2013
Dy work Hard we play Hard..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? / Lady Punishes Her Cheating Boyfriend,orders Him To Write 'I Won’t Cheat No More / Is It A Tradition For A Married Man To Have A Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.