Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK (17761 Views)

Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation / Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa / Jamaican Slashes Own Throat To Avoid Deportation From Uk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar:

while all this is happening, some female activists and human rights activists are in court or constituting a nuisance somewhere to fight her case. i heard the woman with the quintuplets is still in the UK with a 6-bedroom house funded by your taxes. women have it easy in this country whether as an immigrant or as a permanent resident!

just this morning, i saw on TV that a man can still be guilty of räpe in the UK even if it's consensual sex.

if this rings true, how come UKBA still lurk around registries to arrest couples suspected to be involved in sham weddings?

Registry contacts UKBA when they suspect that marriage is a sham one after interviewing the couple, sometimes jealous friends give UKBA a tip up that certain individual is about to carry out sham marriage
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by shadrach77: 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
did anyone nottice in the first picture how the hands of the couple were carefully placed to reveal their wedding rings? I think she shot herself in the foot by claiming to be be 19. You don't need to be a detective to feel that something appears fishy. Why would a 19 yr old lady want to get married if not for immigration purposes? How many 19 yr olds get married these days? That said, they may be genuinely married and the UKBA are trying to test the validity of her marriage by deporting her. Let's hope and pray she pulls through wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by domido(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
SHARP NIGERIAN GURL. I TRUAST MY NIGERIANS,DE MO DEY DULL. ANYTHING TO GET A GOOD LIFE. NA WHO WAN BET AM WIT ME SAY SHE NO GO DIE?BABE CARRY ON JARE. JUST RECOVER SHARP SHARP MAKE WE CONTINUE DEY PLAY THE SCRIPT DEY GO.QUICK RECOVERY IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by avuekwe(f): 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
Deport her with her husband if she misses him so much. They can continue their married life in naija. Marriage is marriage whether in UK or Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by hedges007(m): 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
We must realize that, many foreigners especially Nigerians, do all sort of things in order to remain here in UK..Some forge all sort of documents, arranged or scam marriage etc...before now, the issues of asylum seekers was popular among east Africans living in UK (especially Eritreans and Ethiopians) they quickly back up their claims with the war between the 2 countries just to make their case appear pitiful and appealing. So pathetic that Nigerians are now towing that path.. Nothing is wrong if u decide to stay back in UK provided u have something meaningful doing. However, this lady as far as i'm concerned, she's one of those desperados around here in UK...Her desperate moves looks quite too dangerous for crying out loud ..Her claims makes one wonder if Nigeria is now Syria or Mali where war and total insecurity is prevalent..How can we be sure they killed her father like she claimed? how can someone who came to UK on student visa suddenly move to seek asylum and by extension, frivolous marriage? Asylum seekers and other desperados should stop painting their home countries as if they are cesspit or hell before white people just because of their own interest..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by akino(m): 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2013
ola_pluto: Dear God, I pray to you that before I die, let me see a Nigeria that Nigerians world over will be proud of. A motherland where things work. A country respected by countries all over the world. A secure nation. A nation where we live to respect each other. A nation where politicians are made servants. A nation of over 95% employment. A pride of Africa. A pride of the black race. Oh Lord, please I pray that you eliminate those who will not allow NIgeria get to great heights destined. I pray that you plant love in the minds of all Nigerians irrespective of tribe. I pray for forgiveness of sins of generations before us. I pray that you punish those who cause bloodshed daily, and cleanse our land.

Amen and amen.
I feel sad when pple do all sorts to travel abroad and how pple suffer amidst of plenty in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by chegson: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
ola_pluto: Dear God, I pray to you that before I die, let me see a Nigeria that Nigerians world over will be proud of. A motherland where things work. A country respected by countries all over the world. A secure nation. A nation where we live to respect each other. A nation where politicians are made servants. A nation of over 95% employment. A pride of Africa. A pride of the black race. Oh Lord, please I pray that you eliminate those who will not allow NIgeria get to great heights destined. I pray that you plant love in the minds of all Nigerians irrespective of tribe. I pray for forgiveness of sins of generations before us. I pray that you punish those who cause bloodshed daily, and cleanse our land.

Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen......... ...IJN.

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by beanos(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2013

This is one of the best prayer that should be prayed by all Nigerians.
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by GENTLETEE(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
Oh dear, that was extreme! Nevertheless, She has no right to take her life. She is vicim of a system that has been abused over and over again by nigerians so it becomes difficult if her case is not just another lie to become a citizen. My appeal is to the british authority to treat her case on its own merit.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
FOR MOST PEOPLE ITS NOWHERE LIKE HOME
FOR MOST NIGERIANS ITS ANYWHERE BUT HOME

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2013

DONT HOLD UR BREATH BRAH
THE COUNTRY HAS GONE 2 THE DOGS
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by juman(m): 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
La Parisienne: I feel sorry for her, risking her life like that. She'd rather die than go back to Nigeria, that says something.

UKBA should have mercy on her and let her stay with her 'husband'

Btw, if she's 19 then I'm 10.

That statement is touching. She would rather die than go back to our country. Oooh, so we are like country-less people. Very unfortunate.

Nigeria is a country with everything to be a great country, but submerged by few of among us.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by juman(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
Babzilla: FOR MOST PEOPLE ITS NOWHERE LIKE HOME
FOR MOST NIGERIANS ITS ANYWHERE BUT HOME

Oooooooohhhh!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by OmoEziokwu: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
Shameful woman. Bringing shame to Nigeria. Shame is all I can say, and you see them Nigerians all around the UK flossing their so called "swag" and acting like they have some serious back-up connects back in Nigeria. Shame indeed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by juman(m): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
OmoEziokwu: Shameful woman. Bringing shame to Nigeria. Shame is all I can say, and you see them Nigerians all around the UK flossing their so called "swag" and acting like they have some serious back-up connects back in Nigeria. Shame indeed.

Taking overdose was only thing that was bad in what see did. But the rest are carry go. She is a correct young woman.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by funnyx(m): 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
Sometimes I wonder how UKBA staffs reason, there are far more obvious cases of fake marriages thay they do nothing about especially those that involved EU citizens.
This girl will NOT be deported, all the bragado you're reading on newspaper is different to what's truly happening, I have seen far worst cases of people who doesn't even have anything reasonable to hang on to yet they were granted leave to remain.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by coogar: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
funnyx: Sometimes I wonder how UKBA staffs reason, there are far more obvious cases of fake marriages thay they do nothing about especially those that involved EU citizens.
This girl will NOT be deported, all the bragado you're reading on newspaper is different to what's truly happening, I have seen far worst cases of people who doesn't even have anything reasonable to hang on to yet they were granted leave to remain.

once the story is in the news, she won't be deported again.
a lonely rich woman out there would just decide to help them out with her money or connections cos she finds their story romantic. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
Abeg they should free the babe jor angry

She should return to Nigeria to do what? To come and join the long queue of dejected and unemployed graduates waiting for call up for test in Diamond bank wink

Babe abeg I dey ur side

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
as much as her story is painful to hear, she MUST go back to Nigeria. this is the decision that the British Gov took and she should follow the law. no sympathy should be taken into consideration as this will simply open the door for more asylum seeker (or what not) to do the same thing as a last attempt to stay in the UK.

there are many ways to fight such cases, but attempting suicide is NOT one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2013
akino:

Amen and amen.
I feel sad when pple do all sorts to travel abroad and how pple suffer amidst of plenty in Nigeria.

If it were possible I would have chooked my hand into my fone and brought it out through your computer and given you a resounding slap.

Plenty in Nigeria? Where is the plenty? Ok, you mean the plenty thieves, boko haram, and plenty unemployed graduates roaming the streets. Plenty your head.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
pDude:

If it were possible I would have chooked my hand into my fone and brought it out through your computer and given you a resounding slap.

Plenty in Nigeria? Where is the plenty? Ok, you mean the plenty thieves, boko haram, and plenty unemployed graduates roaming the streets. Plenty your head.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by funnyx(m): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
MRbrownJAY: as much as her story is painful to hear, she MUST go back to Nigeria. this is the decision that the British Gov took and she should follow the law. no sympathy should be taken into consideration as this will simply open the door for more asylum seeker (or what not) to do the same thing as a last attempt to stay in the UK.

there are many ways to fight such cases, but attempting suicide is NOT one of them.

Go back for where? Na you go put am for plane? Abeg chill this girl is going no where no be UK?
UK no be like USA, before dem deport persin here dem go sweat, wait till she give birth to a child then they'll have no option but to grant her leave to remain.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by coogar: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
MRbrownJAY: as much as her story is painful to hear, she MUST go back to Nigeria. this is the decision that the British Gov took and she should follow the law. no sympathy should be taken into consideration as this will simply open the door for more asylum seeker (or what not) to do the same thing as a last attempt to stay in the UK.

she won't go anywhere - her suicide move and the publicity would get her pardoned!
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
funnyx: Go back for where? Na you go put am for plane? Abeg chill this girl is going no where no be UK?
UK no be like USA, before dem deport persin here dem go sweat, wait till she give birth to a child then they'll have no option but to grant her leave to remain.

whatever she does in the future is irrelevant, TODAY thats what she should do.

coogar: she won't go anywhere - her suicide move and the publicity would get her pardoned!

yep probably but love is not a good enough reason to "demand" to stay in the UK. i can already see the gazillions of asylum seekers who had their application turned down to now go for the "overdose" tactic.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by betty1983(f): 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
19 years my foot! sham!
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar:

she won't go anywhere - her suicide move and the publicity would get her pardoned!

You remember this story? http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/mar/20/immigration.immigrationandpublicservices

Public demonstration did not stop her deportation and she died in Ghana.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by ESULAALU: 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
tunji_lana: I hardly comment...but I cant just let this go without saying AMEN!!!

Is this Tunji Otulana?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by biolabee(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
pDude:

I feel u brah... some of these posts and their posters are so puerile

when u go finish adamawa ssaga na cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by tyosho: 5:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
St.Frank:
Kia! Oyinbo don chew her kpomo wella now he is going crazy. Naija babes I hail una o
U no well grin
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Tiwanna(f): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
All †ђξ people wey dey say make †ђξ girl come back to naija na bad belle onna be. Make onna free †ђξ girl jor. I wish her a speedy recovery And a happy married life!
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by JimmyBoy1: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
Who wan kill her for her Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by crisycent: 7:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nor be the same UK wen i dey dis fool wan kill herself for? Na the money when she take arrange marriage dey pain her grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Tanker Driver Kills Man In Aba (Graphic Photos) / Nigeria Immigration Arrests Nine Illegal Immigrants Heading To Libya From Kano8 / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.