Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. (4599 Views)

To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Fellow Christians,your Opportunity To Stand Up To Maclatunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by mazaje(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

How does Jesus being a messiah amount to him not being humble?......

It seems you don't know what to say or how to refute the words of Jesus....

Has materialism helped our useless country?........

Materialism has helped a lot of countries. . .Example, some countries in europe and America. . .Materialism like everything has its disadvantages. . .Tell me how as the belief or teaching that this life and the world does not matter at all, that we are just passing visitors who should not be bothered about the things of the world. helped any country or society at all?. . .How has this sad view of life helped any body?. . .Even Jesoul that said is DOES NOT LIVE her life that way. . .
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by ijawkid(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Materialism has helped a lot of countries. . .Example, some countries in europe and America. . .Materialism like everything has its disadvantages. . .Tell me how as the belief or teaching that this life and the world does not matter at all, that we are just passing visitors who should not be bothered about the things of the world. helped any country or society at all?. . .How has this sad view of life helped any body?. . .Even Jesoul that said is DOES NOT LIVE her life that way. . .

And the same materialism is what is crumbling there economy.......

The disadvantages of materialism by far outweights its advantages........

people who are not satisfied with what they have but going all out to chase material things at any cost has never been advantageous........

If people applied Jesus' teaching we would not have thieving politicians,you wouldn't have drug pushers........the american economy would not have landed in any economic crisis.......

And what more??......the poor would never lack..........

And who told you Jesoul doesn't live up to the words of Jesus??.......
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by ijawkid(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

The world has never been as peaceful as it is now. . .Things used to be so bad back in the days, read your history book, even your bible says it all. Back in the days people just go about killing each other over nothing. Wars were a daily occurance, a stronger nation can just wake up and enslave its neighbours, their cities were built with walls all round them. . .People were always at war with each other, slavery was acceptable and normal, violence against women was also acceptable, violence against kids(stoning them to death) for wrong doing. . .Human sacrifice etc. . .There was too much vviolence in the past. . .

During the time of Jesus the average life span of the common man was about 30 years, violence was way too much. Israel was under a tyranical occupation. . .Now things have changed a lot. . .The desire for wealth is always being with man. . . And that is what has made man prosperous. . .Imagine if every body had this nonsensical view of life that it is all useless or that the world will end very soon. . .There wouldn't have been any meaningful development any where. . .

As for the teachings of Jesus standing the test of time , that it self is very false . . .Was it not Jesus that said if some one slaps you turn the other cheek?. . .His statement was made as a pacifist living under occupation. . .Can such a teaching stand the test of time in today's world?. . .

You forget that during and before the time of Jesus we had rich fellas.....even before Jesus came solomon who himself was rich had through inspiration warned against materialism......so don't tell me things have changed.....knowing that the desire to be materialistic has always been in man is enough reason why you should agree that Jesus' words can never be out-dated.........you made a false statement that nations went about waging war or killing people over nothing....some nations went to war because they were materialistic too...........na lie?......

Your USA would engage in some wars just to get rich....na lie??.......

The admonition to flee from materialism would always stand the test time my bro......

If Nations heed Jesus' words to turn the other cheek would we experience wars again and nuclear threats every now and then??.....please answer me......would we have and vikings if people actually learnt the principle of been quick to resolve problems ammicably rather than resort to reprisals??.......

Once again your views would ever remain like this since you do not believe an end is imminent........I believe an end is approaching,so my views would always be different from yours and so the views of Jesus.......
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by mazaje(m): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

And the same materialism is what is crumbling there economy.......

The disadvantages of materialism by far outweights its advantages........

people who are not satisfied with what they have but going all out to chase material things at any cost has never been advantageous........

If people applied Jesus' teaching we would not have thieving politicians,you wouldn't have drug pushers........the american economy would not have landed in any economic crisis.......

And what more??......the poor would never lack..........

And who told you Jesoul doesn't live up to the words of Jesus??.......

Let me explain my point. . .The view that this life does not matter and that people are to pay no attention to it because they are not part of this world is actually dangerous. . .

This life matters and it is the only life that WE KNOW exist, as such we should try to understand it and try to solve most of the challenges it poses, instead of just beliving that it is just a test or a passage to another life somewhere that has never been shown to exist in reality. . .

If were are to take the morally rephrhensible approach that this life does not mattere but it is something to endure and manage because we are not of this world then, cures to diesease will not be found, scientific advancement will not be made, how to better the society and improve on our well being will not be pursued, solutions to the many problems we face in this world will not be found. . .I was watching doscivery science a year ago and a guy was trying find a solution to devastaing effects of hurricanes. . .He found out that hurricanes can be made to dissappear or their effect can be reduced if the tempreture of the region they form can be altered. . .He is now devicing a way to actualize this. . .If he succeeds, humanity will be save and the threat and destruction of hurricanesd will be greatly reduced. . .If the scientist was a christian and held the morally rephrehensible view of life that Jesoul is espousing, then he would not have cared, he would have just been thing how long before we all die and go home. . .

He would have believed he was not from this world as such he is not supposed to be involved in anything of the world. . .Recently the USA is now trying to send scientist to land on asteriods. . .asteriods are a great danger we face, if a big one lands in the world it can end all life here on earth, scientist are now looking at ways to stop them from falling on earth. . .If the they held the views of Jesoul, they would have not bothered after all god created everything an he send disater on every body, people should not be bothered about the world, they should just hang on because it will soon end and this life does not matter. . .

The belief that this life matters is why we have democracy, instead of preistly and monarchy. . .Its the reason knowledge has greatly increased. . .It is the reason for all the invention we have, it is the reason why the world is actually becoming a better place. . .back during the time og Jesus the average life span of humans was just 35 years. . .Wars were the other of the day. . .Now things have changed so much that a black man is now the head of a white majority nation which happens to be the greatest nation on earth. . During the time of Jesus, blacks were mostly slaves of whites, any where they interacted. . .

We can only improve ourselves, our lives and our environments if we believe that this life is all we have and it really matters. . .That way we will find solutions to diseases, better our economies, we will study about the laws of nature and find out how they affect us as humans so that we can find ways to alter them to our own benefit, gave every body a chance and fair shot at life etc. . .What exactly was Jesus teaching with regards to a better life here on earth?. . .The only teaching of Jesus that I agree to was the golden rule of do unto others as you will want them to do unto you, but that teaching or statement was made long before jesus was born. . .A chinese philospher(Confucius) said the same thing about 400 years before Jesus was born. . .The view that this life does not matter is reprehensible, because it is the ONLY life that we know. . .
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by mazaje(m): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

You forget that during and before the time of Jesus we had rich fellas.....even before Jesus came solomon who himself was rich had through inspiration warned against materialism......so don't tell me things have changed.....knowing that the desire to be materialistic has always been in man is enough reason why you should agree that Jesus' words can never be out-dated.........you made a false statement that nations went about waging war or killing people over nothing....some nations went to war because they were materialistic too...........na lie?......

Sure, I am not saying that materialims is everything, like everything it has it disadvantages, but it is part of what has made use develop and improved our standard of living. . .Cars, aiplanes, moble phones etc. . .All these things make our lives much easier and less hectic than when people were wriding on donkeys and horses. . .Now you can travel to another continet in hours unlike back in the days that it took years and months. . .Most of the wars back in the days were actually over nothing. . .Even the god of the bible requires material things. . .He tells people to donate things to him and offer things to him. . .He tells people they rob him becauser they refuse to give him part of their income as tithe. . .he tells people to donate material things to the building od his temple etc. . .The bible is full of god telling people to give him materail things and promising to bless them if they did. . .

Your USA would engage in some wars just to get rich....na lie??.......

Nope

The admonition to flee from materialism would always stand the test time my bro......

Nope, it won't. . .

If Nations heed Jesus' words to turn the other cheek would we experience wars again and nuclear threats every now and then??.....please answer me......would we have and vikings if people actually learnt the principle of been quick to resolve problems ammicably rather than resort to reprisals??.......

We would experince more wars. . .Rebellion is what lead to the end of the roman empire that persecuted the people during the time of Jesus. . .The people kept turning the other cheek and they were trampled upon by the romans. ..Rebellion is what ended the roman empire and destroyed it. . .If people know that they will get away with trampling on you they will continue to trample on you but when they know they won't get away with it they will not try to trample on you. . .If I slap you and you turn the other cheek , I will slap you again, but if i know that you will slap me back with equal or more force, i might not slap you at all, I will call you and we will talk and settle our issues. . .

Once again your views would ever remain like this since you do not believe an end is imminent........I believe an end is approaching,so my views would always be different from yours and so the views of Jesus.......

This view that the end is near dangerous. . .After all Jesus told many people during his stay on earth that he will come during their life time. . .Its over 2000 years and all the people are dead. . .
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by ijawkid(m): 10:29am On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Let me explain my point. . .The view that this life does not matter and that people are to pay no attention to it because they are not part of this world is actually dangerous. . .

This life matters and it is the only life that WE KNOW exist, as such we should try to understand it and try to solve most of the challenges it poses, instead of just beliving that it is just a test or a passage to another life somewhere that has never been shown to exist in reality. . .

If were are to take the morally rephrhensible approach that this life does not mattere but it is something to endure and manage because we are not of this world then, cures to diesease will not be found, scientific advancement will not be made, how to better the society and improve on our well being will not be pursued, solutions to the many problems we face in this world will not be found. . .I was watching doscivery science a year ago and a guy was trying find a solution to devastaing effects of hurricanes. . .He found out that hurricanes can be made to dissappear or their effect can be reduced if the tempreture of the region they form can be altered. . .He is now devicing a way to actualize this. . .If he succeeds, humanity will be save and the threat and destruction of hurricanesd will be greatly reduced. . .If the scientist was a christian and held the morally rephrehensible view of life that Jesoul is espousing, then he would not have cared, he would have just been thing how long before we all die and go home. . .

He would have believed he was not from this world as such he is not supposed to be involved in anything of the world. . .Recently the USA is now trying to send scientist to land on asteriods. . .asteriods are a great danger we face, if a big one lands in the world it can end all life here on earth, scientist are now looking at ways to stop them from falling on earth. . .If the they held the views of Jesoul, they would have not bothered after all god created everything an he send disater on every body, people should not be bothered about the world, they should just hang on because it will soon end and this life does not matter. . .

The belief that this life matters is why we have democracy, instead of preistly and monarchy. . .Its the reason knowledge has greatly increased. . .It is the reason for all the invention we have, it is the reason why the world is actually becoming a better place. . .back during the time og Jesus the average life span of humans was just 35 years. . .Wars were the other of the day. . .Now things have changed so much that a black man is now the head of a white majority nation which happens to be the greatest nation on earth. . During the time of Jesus, blacks were mostly slaves of whites, any where they interacted. . .

We can only improve ourselves, our lives and our environments if we believe that this life is all we have and it really matters. . .That way we will find solutions to diseases, better our economies, we will study about the laws of nature and find out how they affect us as humans so that we can find ways to alter them to our own benefit, gave every body a chance and fair shot at life etc. . .What exactly was Jesus teaching with regards to a better life here on earth?. . .The only teaching of Jesus that I agree to was the golden rule of do unto others as you will want them to do unto you, but that teaching or statement was made long before jesus was born. . .A chinese philospher(Confucius) said the same thing about 400 years before Jesus was born. . .The view that this life does not matter is reprehensible, because it is the ONLY life that we know. . .

And who ever said that this life does not matter??.....the Life was created by God

I think you must be mis-understanding Jesus' words.......the truth is to even gain everlasting life the life now has to matter to us a lot......what Jesus was emphasizing on was balance.........

True Christians can engage in problem solving but that should not amount to them been materialistic........

True christians engage in day to day activities to help mankind but we make sure that those pursuits do not lead us to being materialistic.......Jesus himself solved problems.......but how did he live his Life??.......we all know...

See these inspired words from paul...

1 corinthians 7:31

---------_______________________________
31 those who use the things of the world, as if
not engrossed in them
. For this world in its
present form is passing away.
though they did not make full use
of it
; for the form of this world is
passing away.

Wait until nuclear war heads are unleashed and you and your computer find yourselves under the ground...grin...

Let me tell you;;;

Man does not know where he is heading to......here today gone tomorrow........

What you see today you might not see tomorrow.........

I just can't stand it when you tell me that Jesus' view points on materialistic pursuits isn't practical anymore........it would always be practical.....

And this Life is not the only life we have...........everyone has the hope of living forever imbued in them..........
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by ijawkid(m): 10:41am On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Sure, I am not saying that materialims is everything, like everything it has it disadvantages, but it is part of what has made use develop and improved our standard of living. . .Cars, aiplanes, moble phones etc. . .All these things make our lives much easier and less hectic than when people were wriding on donkeys and horses. . .Now you can travel to another continet in hours unlike back in the days that it took years and months. . .Most of the wars back in the days were actually over nothing. . .Even the god of the bible requires material things. . .He tells people to donate things to him and offer things to him. . .He tells people they rob him becauser they refuse to give him part of their income as tithe. . .he tells people to donate material things to the building od his temple etc. . .The bible is full of god telling people to give him materail things and promising to bless them if they did. . .
and who told you it is because persons were materialistic that is why planes,cars etc were made??......trying to solve problems or making work easier is not the same with been materialistic.......wrong??

God provided for his people...and told them to pay tithe back then in order for the priests to be taken care of...God does not use the belongings of his people for anything..God does not need money...the monies was for the less priviledged,the priests who could not work or who had no farm lands.........you forgot to get to the root as to why contributions were made back then........

mazaje:

Nope

Nope, it won't. . .

You do know you are lying...would you say the USA has never embarked on wars knowing they would gain financially from such wars??........

mazaje:

We would experince more wars. . .Rebellion is what lead to the end of the roman empire that persecuted the people during the time of Jesus. . .The people kept turning the other cheek and they were trampled upon by the romans. ..Rebellion is what ended the roman empire and destroyed it. . .If people know that they will get away with trampling on you they will continue to trample on you but when they know they won't get away with it they will not try to trample on you. . .If I slap you and you turn the other cheek , I will slap you again, but if i know that you will slap me back with equal or more force, i might not slap you at all, I will call you and we will talk and settle our issues. . .
Imagine if the other persons doing the trampling had the mind of Christ would they trample on anyone in the first place...hope you know one who would be ready to turn the other cheek would not be ready to go looking for trouble.........

If both the slapper and the one being slapped have the mind of Christ there would be no wars.......NO??........
mazaje:

This view that the end is near dangerous. . .After all Jesus told many people during his stay on earth that he will come during their life time. . .Its over 2000 years and all the people are dead. . .

That doesn't mean the end would not come.....2000 years is just 2 days to GOD...........

If you do not understand what Jesus meant by that statement all you can do is ask......
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by mazaje(m): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

And who ever said that this life does not matter??.....the Life was created by God

I think you must be mis-understanding Jesus' words.......the truth is to even gain everlasting life the life now has to matter to us a lot......what Jesus was emphasizing on was balance.........

True Christians can engage in problem solving but that should not amount to them been materialistic........

True christians engage in day to day activities to help mankind but we make sure that those pursuits do not lead us to being materialistic.......Jesus himself solved problems.......but how did he live his Life??.......we all know...

See these inspired words from paul...

1 corinthians 7:31

---------_______________________________
31 those who use the things of the world, as if
not engrossed in them
. For this world in its
present form is passing away.
though they did not make full use
of it
; for the form of this world is
passing away.

Wait until nuclear war heads are unleashed and you and your computer find yourselves under the ground...grin...

Let me tell you;;;

Man does not know where he is heading to......here today gone tomorrow........

What you see today you might not see tomorrow.........

I just can't stand it when you tell me that Jesus' view points on materialistic pursuits isn't practical anymore........it would always be practical.....

By being materialistic I was referring to a better world and a better life in general, not greed and selfishness. . .

And this Life is not the only life we have...........everyone has the hope of living forever imbued in them..........

This is the ONLY life we KNOW we have. . .Any other life after this remains ONLY a speculation that has not been shown and can never be shown to be true. . . .
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2013
Guys, fire on!
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by mazaje(m): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:
and who told you it is because persons were materialistic that is why planes,cars etc were made??......trying to solve problems or making work easier is not the same with been materialistic.......wrong??

I consider to be maretialistic. . .We can disagree on that but I consider it to be such. . .My main point is that the belief that this life does not matter and we are not of this world can never make any society grow and develop. . . .

God provided for his people...and told them to pay tithe back then in order for the priests to be taken care of...God does not use the belongings of his people for anything..God does not need money...the monies was for the less priviledged,the priests who could not work or who had no farm lands.........you forgot to get to the root as to why contributions were made back then........

God needs money. . .He needed it to build his temple and told people to contribute towards it. . .Its written in the bible. . .

You do know you are lying...would you say the USA has never embarked on wars knowing they would gain financially from such wars??........

I never said what you are implying. ..of course most of their wars was for material gain. . .

Imagine if the other persons doing the trampling had the mind of Christ would they trample on anyone in the first place...hope you know one who would be ready to turn the other cheek would not be ready to go looking for trouble.........

What exactly was the mind of christ. . .We were told that jesus went into the temple and started beating up the money changers when he saw them selling and corrupting the house of god. . .Why didnt he let them do what ever they were doing without beating them up?. . .It is actually not true that a person that will turn the other cheek can not go about looking for trouble. . .

If both the slapper and the one being slapped have the mind of Christ there would be no wars.......NO??........

What is the mind of christ?. . .

That doesn't mean the end would not come.....2000 years is just 2 days to GOD...........

If you do not understand what Jesus meant by that statement all you can do is ask......

The words were clear, Jesus told chief priest that he will see him come from the clouds as he returns with glory. . .He told his disciples that they should run from one town to another when facing percecution in his name, before they finish running round all the towns of Israel he will return. . .Told the people speaking to him at that time that their generation will not pass before he returns...All these happened over 2000 years ago. . .The world will surely end some day. . .Life can end today if a very big asteriod falls into the earth or when the sun grows too big and explodes which it will some day in the very distant future. . .But the world will not end as the bible puts it. . .
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by ijawkid(m): 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

I consider to be maretialistic. . .We can disagree on that but I consider it to be such. . .My main point is that the belief that this life does not matter and we are not of this world can never make any society grow and develop. . . .
Being no part of this world does not mean the world does not matter........this earth/world would remain forever.....so it matters to me........what Jesus encouraged was leading a balanced life....BALANCE bro..........

I want you to come to the niger delta and see what materialism has caused to the niger delta people......oil theft has destroyed land, and aquatic life.........the individuals engaged in this act are not developing the niger delta region....our politicians who are stealing day and night are not improving the lives of anybody...infact it would take one who isn't BIG eyed(materialistic) to make the niger delta and nigeria at large to move forward......

people can solve problems devoid of the drive to make money at any cost.........

And mind you:::...the world matters to me..because I hope to live on it forever..wink...

mazaje:

God needs money. . .He needed it to build his temple and told people to contribute towards it. . .Its written in the bible. . .

Your first comment sounded like God encouraged his people to be materialistic..........making contributions to build a house of worship did not require servants of God to be materialistic........God encouraged hard work and not a materialistic spirit.........

mazaje:

I never said what you are implying. ..of course most of their wars was for material gain. . .

Good...........at least you know...

mazaje:

What exactly was the mind of christ. . .We were told that jesus went into the temple and started beating up the money changers when he saw them selling and corrupting the house of god. . .Why didnt he let them do what ever they were doing without beating them up?. . .It is actually not true that a person that will turn the other cheek can not go about looking for trouble. . .
Did Jesus go looking for trouble or were the money changers and charlatans the ones looking for trouble??.........

Why should Jesus have allowed them do what ever they were doing right there in the house of God?.............need I remind you that Jesus' action at the temple was a fulfillment of a prophecy recorded by the psalmist??.....Jesus did not go around with whips flogging each and every sinner......abi??......

You might as well chide godly parents who spank there kids for incessantly engaging in wrongdoings

mazaje:

What is the mind of christ?. . .

Ofcourse you do know the mind of Christ.....you've been kicking against it......

mazaje:

The words were clear, Jesus told chief priest that he will see him come from the clouds as he returns with glory. . .He told his disciples that they should run from one town to another when facing percecution in his name, before they finish running round all the towns of Israel he will return. . .Told the people speaking to him at that time that their generation will not pass before he returns...All these happened over 2000 years ago. . .The world will surely end some day. . .Life can end today if a very big asteriod falls into the earth or when the sun grows too big and explodes which it will some day in the very distant future. . .But the world will not end as the bible puts it. . .

Oboy you know even understand wetin Jesus mean........

Now I knw why you guys have abandoned the scriptures....

You've got absolutely no knowledge of scriptural truths.......

The world could end any way.....the scriptures too never specifically say how the world would end or by what means...it could even be by asteroids.......grin......

The main point is this world(not the physical earth) would soon meet its end....
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by ijawkid(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

By being materialistic I was referring to a better world and a better life in general, not greed and selfishness. . .

If that is your definition of being materialistic then the scriptures do not have a problem with you......

I was considering a materialistic spirit from the bibles perspective.......cheesy...

mazaje:

This is the ONLY life we KNOW we have. . .Any other life after this remains ONLY a speculation that has not been shown and can never be shown to be true. . . .

You know the bolded is also a speculation??....
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by mazaje(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:
Being no part of this world does not mean the world does not matter........this earth/world would remain forever.....so it matters to me........what Jesus encouraged was leading a balanced life....BALANCE bro..........

I want you to come to the niger delta and see what materialism has caused to the niger delta people......oil theft has destroyed land, and aquatic life.........the individuals engaged in this act are not developing the niger delta region....our politicians who are stealing day and night are not improving the lives of anybody...infact it would take one who isn't BIG eyed(materialistic) to make the niger delta and nigeria at large to move forward......

By being materialistic i am talking about the material world and everything in it as opposed to a spiritual world(after life). . . .I am not talking about wealth aquisation. . .

people can solve problems devoid of the drive to make money at any cost.........

And mind you:::...the world matters to me..because I hope to live on it forever..wink...

I was never talking about money by the material world and how it is the only world we know so we must hold the view that it matters and most live in it and jettison the view that we are not part of it but part of some spiritual world that remains a mythical construct. . . .life most not be eternal for it to matter of be meaningful. . .It is human greed and selfhsiness that makes him want to live forever, as such he created the eternal life idea and keeps feeding it, we fear so much that death ends it all so we keep creating after life concepts like heaven, reincarnation etc. . .just to satisfy our fears. . .

Your first comment sounded like God encouraged his people to be materialistic..........making contributions to build a house of worship did not require servants of God to be materialistic........God encouraged hard work and not a materialistic spirit.........

God required material things. . .A temple building is a material thing, no?. . . .I am talking about material things as opposed to spiritual things. . . .

Did Jesus go looking for trouble or were the money changers and charlatans the ones looking for trouble??.........

Why should Jesus have allowed them do what ever they were doing right there in the house of God?.............need I remind you that Jesus' action at the temple was a fulfillment of a prophecy recorded by the psalmist??.....Jesus did not go around with whips flogging each and every sinner......abi??......

If they had slapped jesus as he was beating them would have have turned the other cheek?. . . .

You might as well chide godly parents who spank there kids for incessantly engaging in wrongdoings

Nope. . . .I won't. . .

Ofcourse you do know the mind of Christ.....you've been kicking against it......

Really?. . . .

Oboy you know even understand wetin Jesus mean........

Now I knw why you guys have abandoned the scriptures....

You've got absolutely no knowledge of scriptural truths.......

What did Jesus mean when he told his disciples to keep running from one city to another to aviod persecution
in his name and that before they finish going round the towns of israel he will return back to the earth?. . .What did he mean he told the chief preist before he was handed over to be crucified that soon the chief priest will see him coming down with power and glory from the clouds on his return?. . .

The world could end any way.....the scriptures too never specifically say how the world would end or by what means...it could even be by asteroids.......grin......

The main point is this world(not the physical earth) would soon meet its end....

The planet will be no more in the distant future, the sun is growing and will go so big someday that it will destroy all life on it, if it explodes the planet will be fried and dissappear some day in the distant future. . .An asteriod can hit the planet and end all life on it. . .Anything can happen. . . .Scientist are now thinking of ways to move the earth away and shift its orbit away from asteriods and the sun. . .They are trying to figure ways to move the planet away from the sun so that as it grows its heat will not destroy the earth and life on it. . .if the feel life does not matter and everything will end soon they won't be holding such thoughts, would they?. . .
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by mazaje(m): 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

If that is your definition of being materialistic then the scriptures do not have a problem with you......

I was considering a materialistic spirit from the bibles perspective.......cheesy...

You know the bolded is also a speculation??....

Who has ever objectively shown that there is another life apart from this?. . .
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail.

Why cant an atheist teach you the bible. Some of the best pastors and priests became atheists. They would school you anyday on the bible. Dan Barker runs rings around christian apologists with the bible.

Furthermore, you were exposed as a pharisee. Self righteous hypocrite judging who is and who isnt a christian based on a failed interpretation of the bible.
Logicboy03: Furthermore, I was bashing christians even when I was a christian. We catholics truly despise tithing and quick healing schemes of the pentecostals and protestants.

cool

You think bible analysis is your ally? You merely adopted it. I was born it, moulded by it. I didnt even read other holy books till I was an adult, by then I was already an atheist!

The dark knight cool

Please, Lb, stop wasting my time and yours.

You atheists are the most presumptuous fools I know. Why do you assume that I "adopted" the Bible?

And wherr did I interpret anything? Is citing an authority the same as interpreting it?

This is what the situation is: the Bible says that if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they don't belong to Him. If you want interpretation, that means that the thing that makes anyone a Christian is their possession of the Spirit of the Lord Christ.

So, as far as your qualifications go, such qualifications as you have given, that is, you have never been a Christian.

So you see, it is you who were interpreting Scriptures and doing so, to put it mildly, very poorly and clearly in order to uphold your claim to Christianity.

Now, I don't know who Dan Barker is, but I'm yet to meet an atheist on this forum who can teach me anything about God or from the Bible. You people are weightless fluffs of cloud that vanish with a slight puff of wind. And if that's anything to judge by, I can't imagine that Dan Barker is much better.
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by ijawkid(m): 4:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

I was never talking about money by the material world and how it is the only world we know so we must hold the view that it matters and most live in it and jettison the view that we are not part of it but part of some spiritual world that remains a mythical construct. . . .life most not be eternal for it to matter of be meaningful. . .It is human greed and selfhsiness that makes him want to live forever, as such he created the eternal life idea and keeps feeding it, we fear so much that death ends it all so we keep creating after life concepts like heaven, reincarnation etc. . .just to satisfy our fears. . .
The bolded is absolutely false.............humans yearn to LIVE forever because we were made so...........if you would end up as a waste for all eternity sorry that's not my portion nor the portion of anyone who is reasonable........"Just as the days of a tree would the days of my people be."....those are the words of Yahweh......I guess they don't apply to persons like you...

if you think humans wanting to live forever is because of Greed then come on over here and let me kill you,...........let us snuff the life outta you since the desire to live for eternity is not in your thoughts(I know you wish to live forever but pride won't let you say it hear..wink)

you talk like you wouldn't love to live forever because the scriptures says so....what more would you deny and not want to believe because of the bibles stance??.......

mazaje:

If they had slapped jesus as he was beating them would have have turned the other cheek?. . . .

Why didn't they slap Jesus is what you should have asked...............

Jesus was in his Fathers house incase you forgot...........and he wasn't acting violently....the same as parents not acting violently when they spank there kids....and do not forget this same Jesus was slapped,dragged and spat on but never retaliated........I knew you would run to quote Jesus' reaction at the temple but run away from his reaction when he was impaled

mazaje:

What did Jesus mean when he told his disciples to keep running from one city to another to aviod persecution
in his name and that before they finish going round the towns of israel he will return back to the earth?. . .What did he mean he told the chief preist before he was handed over to be crucified that soon the chief priest will see him coming down with power and glory from the clouds on his return?. . .

Would you be ready to learn if I told you with scriptures??.......
mazaje:

The planet will be no more in the distant future, the sun is growing and will go so big someday that it will destroy all life on it, if it explodes the planet will be fried and dissappear some day in the distant future. . .An asteriod can hit the planet and end all life on it. . .Anything can happen. . . .Scientist are now thinking of ways to move the earth away and shift its orbit away from asteriods and the sun. . .They are trying to figure ways to move the planet away from the sun so that as it grows its heat will not destroy the earth and life on it. . .if the feel life does not matter and everything will end soon they won't be holding such thoughts, would they?. . .

I laugh at the bolded........

We are waiting for them to shift the earth....the same earth they've ruined
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Boomark(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
I am with my bros ijawkid. Ride on bro.

If mazi mazaje and co should have the mind of Christ,
1 they will not build a nuclear plant to develop atomic BOMB but use it for electricity.
2 they will not build airplanes and attach bombs to it but use it for leisure.
3 they will build tanks for construction works instead of destruction lives and property.
4 they will not enter politics to steal money and destroy people standing in their way because they have one life to live.
5 they should not think of slapping anybody in the first place because they think they are greater than such a person.

The mind of Christ is living as he lived. Do the things he commanded his disciples and also the things his apostles taught.
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Boomark(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

I laugh at the bolded........

We are waiting for them to shift the earth....the same earth they've ruined

They will use asteroids to shift the earth and also shift the sun to a safer place of their desire. Make them near oga sun make i see.
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Boomark(m): 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
Crazyman my friend,

to be like logicboy? Tufaikwa! x2.
If you are a good man you are a good man. Whether you are neutral or with God. But to avoid had i known, do not let the kingdom.

It will not take anything away from you to remain in Christ for his kingdom if you don't allow any church doctrine to be a BURDEN to you. THIS WILL DEFEAT ANY THOUGHT TO BECOME AN ATHEIST WHO ARE WITHOUT BENEFITS.

Fellowship with your brethren(church) in TRUTH. There is no burden in true worship. This is my own contribution to the advice my brethren gave which are all good.

Peace
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by truthislight: 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid: @ maezaje

We are waiting for them to shift the earth

Why are you replying such an ignorant statement sef?

Silent they say is the best answer for a "f......"

If someone does not know that the position/distance of the earth from the sun is just the perfect position then he has nothing to offer any person in a public forum cause he is suffering from big time ignorancy.

The fact is, if the earth is to move away from the sun or closer to the sun from its current position it will either becomes too cold for inherbitation(ice wilderness) or too hot a dry land(desert) unfit for inherbitation.

The current distance where the earth is from the intensity of this particular sun is just perfect.

Dont mind ignorant people with foolishness for sale roaming around aimlessly.

Too many ignoramus running around this forum trying to make themself relevant on the net when they are a liability to there individual society.

Just imagine the empty headed statement!

Smh for foolishness on public display.
*sigh*
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by truthislight: 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid: @ maezaje

We are waiting for them to shift the earth

If someone does not know that the position/distance of the earth from the sun is just the perfect position then he has nothing to offer any person in a public forum cause he is suffering from big time ignorancy.

The fact is, if the earth is to move away from the sun or closer to the sun from its current position it will either becomes too cold for inherbitation(ice wilderness) or too hot a dry land(desert) unfit for inherbitation.

The current distance where the earth is from the intensity of this particular sun is just perfect.

Too many ignoramus running around this forum trying to make themself relevant on the net when they are a liability to there individual society.

*sigh*
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by mazaje(m): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
truthislight:

*sigh*

what is this dumb ignoramous saying?. . .Do you know that over time the sun will go bigger and as a result destroy all life on earth if the position of the earth remains as it is?. . .some scientist are suggesting that if humans are still around , they can shift the position of the earth backwards so that the excessive heat will not destroy all life on it. . . . .It is just a suggestion at this stage, so i don't know what you are crying about. . .
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by truthislight: 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

what is this dumb ignoramous saying?. . .Do you know that over time the sun will go bigger and as a result destroy all life on earth if the position of the earth remains as it is?. . .some scientist are suggesting that if humans are still around , they can shift the position of the earth backwards so that the excessive heat will not destroy all life on it. . . . .It is just a suggestion at this stage, so i don't know what you are crying about. . .

Keep quiet!

Go fill your empty head befor you come here and keep vomiting what you dont even have the mental capacity to imagine on this forum.

Imagine the rubbish that someone who claims to be a normal person is saying?

I would have ask you if you are normal if Psalm 14:1 had not told me who you are.

certain discussion is retrogressive.

I leave you to your bubbles.
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Please, Lb, stop wasting my time and yours.

You atheists are the most presumptuous fools I know. Why do you assume that I "adopted" the Bible?

And wherr did I interpret anything? Is citing an authority the same as interpreting it?

This is what the situation is: the Bible says that if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they don't belong to Him. If you want interpretation, that means that the thing that makes anyone a Christian is their possession of the Spirit of the Lord Christ.

So, as far as your qualifications go, such qualifications as you have given, that is, you have never been a Christian.

So you see, it is you who were interpreting Scriptures and doing so, to put it mildly, very poorly and clearly in order to uphold your claim to Christianity.

Now, I don't know who Dan Barker is, but I'm yet to meet an atheist on this forum who can teach me anything about God or from the Bible. You people are weightless fluffs of cloud that vanish with a slight puff of wind. And if that's anything to judge by, I can't imagine that Dan Barker is much better.

Two things that you are ignorant of

-Bane's quote in the dark knight rises
-Dan Barker

Not important but just important to my quote. Broaden your horizons bro
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
What quote?
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ihedinobi: What quote?

[img]http://i.qkme.me/3q8fmh.jpg[/img]
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 29, 2013
Oh that. Well, I didn't miss anything then. Like you said

smiley
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by JeSoul(f): 5:18pm On May 07, 2013
mazaje:

This is really pathetic view of life and is actually one of the reasons religious societies never make any meaningful development. . .Why develop or contribute anything to the world, when you believe that the world will end during your life time or because you believe it does not matter at all and is of no importance. . .People prefer to live their lives thinking it doesn't matter while believing a mythical after life that no one has ever or can ever show exist is of more importance. . .Such view of life makes life meaningless and it is truly pathetic. . I actually prefer the prosperity gospel advocates that will tell you that this life is very important and as such you have to enjoy every bit of it and prosper in all you do because prosperity is also part of godliness. . .This "we are just passing by and shouldn't care about this world , because we are not a part of it" brand of christianity is pathetic. . .It leads to nothing but misery. . .
Been meaning to address a few things on this thread...time time time....anyways...

This is exhibit A on why atheists would do better to simply spectate while Christians are hashing out issues & working out their Salvation. Atheists (by definition) have the unfailing ability to consistently mis-represent the Christian viewpoint - for obvious reasons. For the sake of other christians reading today or in 10years, let me try to expand a bit on my initial comment (though Ijawkid try no be small smiley)

"A true christian in every sense is one who is dead to this world"

^does this mean a christian is 'useless' to the world? does it mean a christian does not try with all his/her might to make this world better than he/she met it? does this mean christians do or should not care about this world? does this mean christians would make up an anarchist society? does this mean christians are miserable?

Only the carnal mind of an athiest can perform enough illogical extrapolations and arrive at the above conclusions from the starting quote.

Being "dead to this world" indicates living with a higher sense of purpose and calling, recognizing life is just a phase in eternity --> this DOES NOT equal a total relegation of earthly responsibility as some atheists are wrongly concluding. Look around, there are countless examples of christians who are leaders in their various fields, spear-heading various charities, changing this world and making it better for everyone. There are also successful atheists in every field as well. The key difference is their motivation for doing what they do. The atheist is probably motivated by improving his circumstances, his wealth is his security so he naturally chases after it because this world is it for him...whereas the christian is motivated by one single goal - to bring Glory to God (of which a big part is serving other people) - and this fuels every aspect of his temporary existence on earth. The christian will be the best he can be/do at everything (work, school, relationships, community etc), he/she will aim for 100% excellence BECAUSE he/she serves God, it is a natural by-product of his/her new nature in Christ:

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

So fellow christians, resist the urge of antagonists to box into boundaries that don't exist. And please, no irrelevant mentions of naija as an example of 'failed christianity' because as Obadiah said, what majority practice is not christianity but rather idolatry.

And finally, directly at oga Mazaje now...next time, if you need clarification, just ask. We could've saved you a handful of straws in response to what is obviously a poor grasp of what the christian position actually is. Champions of reason, okay oh, it would be more like merchants of mockery because ya'll are adeptly skilful at ridiculing people of faith and things you may not agree with or believe in. *sigh* Mazaje circa 2009... way less belligerent smiley pop-tart evangelistic atheism must be infectious...

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 07, 2013
anukulapo:

...And for example,how does "how solomon ended" affects his being in heaven

Just asking though. I though it is not by works and the scripture says "I'll have mercy on whom I will have mercy on"

And are you the one having the mercy?
You don't know, which is why you should not assume.
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 07, 2013
JeSoul:
Been meaning to address a few things on this thread...time time time....anyways...

This is exhibit A on why atheists would do better to simply spectate while Christians are hashing out issues & working out their Salvation. Atheists (by definition) have the unfailing ability to consistently mis-represent the Christian viewpoint - for obvious reasons. For the sake of other christians reading today or in 10years, let me try to expand a bit on my initial comment (though Ijawkid try no be small smiley)

^does this mean a christian is 'useless' to the world? does it mean a christian does not try with all his/her might to make this world better than he/she met it? does this mean christians do or should not care about this world? does this mean christians would make up an anarchist society? does this mean christians are miserable?

Only the carnal mind of an athiest can perform enough illogical extrapolations and arrive at the above conclusions from the starting quote.

Being "dead to this world" indicates living with a higher sense of purpose and calling, recognizing life is just a phase in eternity --> this DOES NOT equal a total relegation of earthly responsibility as some atheists are wrongly concluding. Look around, there are countless examples of christians who are leaders in their various fields, spear-heading various charities, changing this world and making it better for everyone. There are also successful atheists in every field as well. The key difference is their motivation for doing what they do. The atheist is probably motivated by improving his circumstances, his wealth is his security so he naturally chases after it because this world is it for him...whereas the christian is motivated by one single goal - to bring Glory to God (of which a big part is serving other people) - and this fuels every aspect of his temporary existence on earth. The christian will be the best he can be/do at everything (work, school, relationships, community etc), he/she will aim for 100% excellence BECAUSE he/she serves God, it is a natural by-product of his/her new nature in Christ:

So fellow christians, resist the urge of antagonists to box into boundaries that don't exist. And please, no irrelevant mentions of naija as an example of 'failed christianity' because as Obadiah said, what majority practice is not christianity but rather idolatry.

And finally, directly at oga Mazaje now...next time, if you need clarification, just ask. We could've saved you a handful of straws in response to what is obviously a poor grasp of what the christian position actually is. Champions of reason, okay oh, it would be more like merchants of mockery because ya'll are adeptly skilful at ridiculing people of faith and things you may not agree with or believe in. *sigh* Mazaje circa 2009... way less belligerent smiley pop-tart evangelistic atheism must be infectious...

The logical conclusion from the above quote is that a true christian is apathetic and only cares about his or her religion.

When I asked a question- given a choice, would you improve nigeria or choose to got heaven? Not one christian chose to save Nigeria.

Jesoul, it is insulting to our intelligence to make the above quote and then complain that we atheists are just rushing to bash christianity that we dont understand. Sorry, the quote is both silly and dangerous, no matter your rationalisation. We atheists understand christianity quite well and we understand the implications quite well- many of us have been christians longer than you and been through many religions.

You open your arrogant mouth once again to claim that most christians do not practice true christianity. Are you practicing true christianity yourself? Was it not you that I opened a thread about, showing how your christian views changed after meeting atheists? Have you forgotten your earlier threads where you were less tolerant of atheists?

Furthermore, your claim that atheists misunderstand christianity is hypocritical. Many atheists were christians before but you have never been an atheist. Worse, you then arrogantly go on to clsim that Majaze is doing pop tart atheism.....who the hell are you to label different types of atheism based on your opinion? You that cant even define atheism?

What kind of explanation is this-

“Atheists (by definition) have the unfailing ability to consistently mis-represent the Christian viewpoint - for obvious reasons."

By the way, atheism can not be evaangelical. Contradiction
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by anukulapo: 8:00pm On May 07, 2013
2buff:

And are you the one having the mercy?
You don't know, which is why you should not assume.

I am not the one having mercy and I believe you know that i am refering to a scripture which was even quoted by a new testament minister

For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
Rom 9:15

It is you that should rather not assume; pointing to "how Solomon ended"...

If you are not clear,refer to your original post that I quoted and responded to first.
Re: Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 07, 2013
Logicboy03: The logical conclusion from the above quote is that a true christian is apathetic and only cares about his or her religion.

^^

JeSoul: Only the carnal mind of an athiest can perform enough illogical extrapolations and arrive at the above conclusions from the starting quote.

Couldn't possibly do better than this response of JeSoul's.

Lb, as always, your post was a heap of patent nonsense and lies. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Parents Were Stupid / If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. / Is It Proper For A Christian Wife To Moan During Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.