Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" (9835 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Candour(m): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
Goshen360: @ Candour brother,

Bible Teacher Les Feldick is very sound. I do listen to him whenever I'm chances. A blessing to those of us that listens to him though.

i had always wanted to ask you if you heard of him before but i was wary of promoting man like other mega MOG.Actually it was his site God used to strengthen my Christian walk in my hour of despair.I can't thank God enough for the old man.

He was and is still a blessing to my life.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
Zikkyy:

i think you should continue to provide contrary views, that will soften the 'stiff neck'. insults will further harden the already stiff neck grin

They have nothing to say even though they still remain our judaizer brother, that's no problem. They go off the topic, insult, bring unrelated scriptures into view, they present their points without directions. How do you or they expect me to have a reasonable talk with them?

They didn't even wait for me to finish before they start saying I'm teaching Grace for people to sin even though the opening statement says clearly otherwise, I doubt if they ever read other's comments before attacking and insulting and derailing.

This is one of the threads that will help our weak brothers and sisters to lean on the power of God's Grace and begin to walk on the word of God being Christ-like Christians in our societies. We have too many professed Christ that are only Christians on Sundays but act like har.lots on the streets on week days, some act like prosti.tutes while some are armed robbers; it is Grace of God that is the cure and I want to present this Gospel of Grace to help them, faith in the finished works of Christ, not of ourselves.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Candour(m): 7:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

No problem atall bro, never heard of Les Feldick but I will try check his document.
My understanding of the scripture came from my pastor teacher. If you are in london you can join us.
NB. No tithes , no offerings but we have a church account that members pay (anonymously) to towards church projects and bills.

his site is www.lesfeldick.org

you might want to check it out.

I'm not in london but i just located a church not too long that also operates on the basis of the bolded

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
Candour:

i had always wanted to ask you if you heard of him before but i was wary of promoting man like other mega MOG.Actually it was his site God used to strengthen my Christian walk in my hour of despair.I can't thank God enough for the old man.

He was and is still a blessing to my life.

You're right bro. We don't promote men but Christ. However, we reference and honour those who labour WELL in the word. I can't testify, bro. Les Feldick is very very sound and rich...no tithe teachings also.

I do not endorse him not because he doesn't teach tithe only, but he is a Grace teacher, a New Testament teacher, simple lifestyle and uses scriptures to explain or interpret scriptures.

I also know one powerful teacher of the word, in my library. I will send to you and some other brethren like bro. "midemide", Ayoku777, DrummaBoy etc. That guy I'm talking about is crazily drunk in the the word of God. I will email you. grin
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Candour(m): 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
Goshen360:

You're right bro. We don't promote men but Christ. However, we reference and honour those who labour WELL in the word. I can't testify, bro. Les Feldick is very very sound and rich...no tithe teachings also.

I do not endorse him not because he doesn't teach tithe only, but he is a Grace teacher, a New Testament teacher, simple lifestyle and uses scriptures to explain or interpret scriptures.

I also know one powerful teacher of the word, in my library. I will send to you and some other brethren like bro. "midemide", Ayoku777, DrummaBoy etc. That guy I'm talking about is crazily drunk in the the word of God. I will email you. grin

no wahala.will be expecting it
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
^ Email already sent bro. Check your email and lemme drop you the bombshell. grin And you too, bro. shdemidemi.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Email already sent bro. Check your email and lemme drop you the bombshell. grin And you too, bro. shdemidemi.

Bro Goshen..I envy the work you do here and frosbel too,though I disagree with some of his argument.The zeal and energy to stand against many for what you believe made ♍ƺ hungry to wanna know what the gospel of Christ is about.keep doing what you doing cos you don't know who is reading and more importantly who you are emppowering. Ihedinobi is another guy I follow, the guy writes well. All in all I will keep learning from this forum and propagate the gospel of Christ with my own lil knowledge.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Email already sent bro. Check your email and lemme drop you the bombshell. grin And you too, bro. shdemidemi.
one of my best scriptures EVER "G race and Peace be multiplied unto you tqrough the knowledge(epignosis) of God and of his Son Jesus Christ who through his divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life(zoe) and Godliness. Now what i dont undastand is, why judaizers would not leave christianity alone? Goshen pls conclude the teachings on grace so that odas can contribute. while waiting for our bros Goshen's conclusions, i want to say this, CHRISTIANITY IS GRACE WITHOUT GRACE, TO YOU CHRIST HAS NOT DIED AMD YOU ARE STILL IN UR SINS.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
Simply A New Creature

100 Points To Heaven!

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9).

A man dies and finds himself at the pearly gates. An angel meets him and asks what he was doing at the gate.

"I want to go in,"

he says.

"Can I?,"

The angel replies,

"Here’s how it works. You need 100 points to make it into heaven. You tell me all the good things you’ve done, and I will give you a certain number of points for each item, depending on how good it was. When you reach 100 points, you get in."

"Okay?,"

the man says,

"I was married to the same woman for 50 years and never cheated on her, even in my heart."

"That's wonderful," says the angel,

"that's worth 3 points!,"

"three points?!," the man exclaimed while wondering in his mind how he can meet up with the 100 points.

"Well, I attended church all my life and supported its ministry with my tithes and offerings."

"terrific!," says the angel.

"that's certainly worth a point!,"

"One point?!," he shouted.

"I started a soup kitchen for the homeless in my city and worked in an orphanage for motherless babies."

"Fantastic, that's good for two more points," he says.

"Two points?!," Exasperated, the man cries,

"Well, at this rate it’ll just be by the grace of God that I ever get into heaven."

"Bingo, 100 points!," the angel said,

"Come on in!,"

Like Paul the Apostle rightly notes, in his epistle to the Ephesians, it is only by grace that you can be saved and finally make it to heaven. But while you are alive here on earth, grace takes hell right out of you and makes you sit together with Christ Jesus in the heavenly places. In fact, grace changes your position from that of a dead man to a living soul.

"He hath quickened us together with Christ, and hath raised us up together." "We cannot live where we used to live," Charles Spurgeon notes. "We cannot wear what we used to wear. If you had been raised from the dead, and had come out of your tomb, you would not go about with your shroud on." How is it that some who claim to be God’s children are still fond of wearing their grave clothes?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 11:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ bro. Ola,

That was so powerful! It's gonna be part of my concluding post. I love that. God bless you.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Candour(m): 3:49am On Apr 30, 2013

replied you already bro Goshen
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 5:05am On Apr 30, 2013
Candour:

replied you already bro Goshen

I didn't get the reply o; maybe it will surface by the time I wake up. Try it direct if you can, send to: (write my full I.d here, all in lower case)@yahoo.co.uk. That will work. I will complete this teaching when I wake up. Thanks.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 6:51am On Apr 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Simply A New Creature

100 Points To Heaven!

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9).

A man dies and finds himself at the pearly gates. An angel meets him and asks what he was doing at the gate.

"I want to go in,"

he says.

"Can I?,"

The angel replies,

"Here’s how it works. You need 100 points to make it into heaven. You tell me all the good things you’ve done, and I will give you a certain number of points for each item, depending on how good it was. When you reach 100 points, you get in."

"Okay?,"

the man says,

"I was married to the same woman for 50 years and never cheated on her, even in my heart."

"That's wonderful," says the angel,

"that's worth 3 points!,"

"three points?!," the man exclaimed while wondering in his mind how he can meet up with the 100 points.

"Well, I attended church all my life and supported its ministry with my tithes and offerings."

"terrific!," says the angel.

"that's certainly worth a point!,"

"One point?!," he shouted.

"I started a soup kitchen for the homeless in my city and worked in an orphanage for motherless babies."

"Fantastic, that's good for two more points," he says.

"Two points?!," Exasperated, the man cries,

"Well, at this rate it’ll just be by the grace of God that I ever get into heaven."

"Bingo, 100 points!," the angel said,

"Come on in!,"

Like Paul the Apostle rightly notes, in his epistle to the Ephesians, it is only by grace that you can be save and finally make it to heaven. But while you are alive here on earth, grace takes hell right out of you and makes you sit together with Christ Jesus in the heavenly places. In fact, grace changes your position from that of a dead man to a living soul.

"He hath quickened us together with Christ, and hath raised us up together." "We cannot live where we used to live," Charles Spurgeon notes. "We cannot wear what we used to wear. If you had been raised from the dead, and had come out of your tomb, you would not go about with your shroud on." How is it that some who claim to be God’s children are still fond of wearing their grave clothes?
attending church+ALMIGHTY TITHE+offerings= just 1point? Ola is this a typo or what? Bidam, Joe and Image123 must comment on this o, mehn! This is one of the best i've ever read from bro Ola. God bless you plenty.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 30, 2013
christemmbassey: attending church+ALMIGHTY TITHE+offerings= just 1point? Ola is this a typo or what? Bidam, Joe and Image123 must comment on this o, mehn! This is one of the best i've ever read from bro Ola. God bless you plenty.
And you quoted all this lengthy post without saying anything relevant to the topic..SMH!
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MissOpe(f): 8:17am On Apr 30, 2013
Just Yesterday , One of my big friends was preaching to me and said '' HEAVEN is an Holy place and no sin can never enter there, she said if I have one single stain or spot dat I can't go there when I die.... She went as far as asking me to cut my relaxed hair, stop wearing earrings, stop wearing trousers and even gave me tapes of those who died went to heaven and came back, @ dat point I was scared, up till now I don't know what to believe, Becos one thing I know is this , It's not almost possible to live a life completely void of sin, because if u claim not to fornicate, u may jest , backbite, or even lie....
Who shall deliver me from this wrath to come?? I don't wanna spend my eternity in the lake of fire oooo....
Somebody helpppppppppp.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 30, 2013
Miss Ope: Just Yesterday , One of my big friends was preaching to me and said '' HEAVEN is an Holy place and no sin can never enter there, she said if I have one single stain or spot dat I can't go there when I die.... She went as far as asking me to cut my relaxed hair, stop wearing earrings, stop wearing trousers and even gave me tapes of those who died went to heaven and came back, @ dat point I was scared, up till now I don't know what to believe, Becos one thing I know is this , It's not almost possible to live a life completely void of sin, because if u claim not to fornicate, u may jest , backbite, or even lie....
Who shall deliver me from this wrath to come?? I don't wanna spend my eternity in the lake of fire oooo....
Somebody helpppppppppp.
That's why we need His word daily in our lives infact the bible says His word cleanses and sanctifies don't let the words of the sister scare you..none is righteous before God except our Lord and Savior Jesus who is our High Priest.

Hebrews 4:14-16

New International Version (NIV)

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2013
Miss Ope: Just Yesterday , One of my big friends was preaching to me and said '' HEAVEN is an Holy place and no sin can never enter there, she said if I have one single stain or spot dat I can't go there when I die.... She went as far as asking me to cut my relaxed hair, stop wearing earrings, stop wearing trousers and even gave me tapes of those who died went to heaven and came back, @ dat point I was scared, up till now I don't know what to believe, Becos one thing I know is this , It's not almost possible to live a life completely void of sin, because if u claim not to fornicate, u may jest , backbite, or even lie....
Somebody helpppppppppp.
the only way out for u is to b born again, john3:16, then we can proceed from there. God bless.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2013
Bidam: And you quoted all this lengthy post without saying anything relevant to the topic..SMH!
bro Ola just threw ur tithe(oil well) into garbage dump of irrelevance and gave the Grace of our lord Jesus his rightful pre-eminence, if u must go to war, me think it rhould be with Ola and not me. God bless .

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 30, 2013
christemmbassey: bro Ola just threw ur tithe(oil well) into garbage dump of irrelevance and gave the Grace of our lord Jesus his rightful pre-eminence, if u must go to war, me think it rhould be with Ola and not me. God bless .
and what gave you the impression ola.. doesn't tithes..moreso we are not talking about tithe here..stick to the op..don't derail or you will be banned.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MissOpe(f): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2013
Brother Bidam, what's with this people dying temporarily and coming back to say,,,, all these worldly materials we use e.g. Weavon, earrings and d likes are sin and we must ntt use dem?......
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2013
Somebody helpppppppppp.

Dear sister,
I hope I can keep your mind at rest with my limited knowledge but with assured scriptural word of prophesy.

The only thing needed by you from the scriptures is to BELIEVE Christ is the son of God, acknowledging His death and Ressurection. You are automatically initiated into the body of Christ by doing this. Worry less about your sin cos at this point, you are over sin albeit you commit the act, you now have a right stand with the the divine God. That is the grace of Christ that you have qualified for as a member of the spiritual elect of God.
What you want to do next is to study the word of God deligently to know the heart of God. By this, you will know how God thinks and His attributes, your perspective of this world and sins will gradually contract cos you will think like God would think in every situation.

You will make mistakes, that only reminds you that you are not God. Dust yourself and keep on walking and constantly hear the true word of God.

NB. Try not to seek salvation as a way of avoiding hell but as a day to day assurance that you are of God.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bidam: and what gave you the impression ola.. doesn't tithes..moreso we are not talking about tithe here..stick to the op..don't derail or you will be banned.
according to Old, church attendance+ ITHE+offerings=1point and GRACE alone=100points. I will go for Grace any day and any time, whnther Ola pays tithe or not. I love Acts13:39 "And by him all that believe are JUSTIFIED from ALL THINGS, from which ye could not be justified by the LAW OF MOSES".
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
concluding part of the teaching - a must read, 'might' be a bit lengthy though.

What then is this Gospel of Grace and what is it not?

We have studied that Grace (and truth) came by Jesus Christ unlike the law of Moses, that was given to for the children of Israel. John 1:17. We have also studied what Grace is, that is, it is Christ PERSONIFIED & EMBODIMENT, the ALL-INCLUSIVENESS OF CHRIST as a gift of God. That is, what and everything a man who accepts Christ needs, is wrapped up in Christ and when one receives this gift, he\she received the Grace of God, the "all-inclusiveness" and nothing more needed for upgraded even though the one that received this gift can always access the various features or aspects of this one all-inclusiveness gift (Grace) of God, that is, grow in the Grace.

Therefore, the gospel of Grace is the gospel of Christ himself because he, Christ first came with this Grace and no other message or gospel can he preach or deliver to his Apostles. The gospel of Grace is the message (the word) that focuses on the finished and completed works of Christ and not on our own works. It is the message that seeks to not to be blessed by our works or righteousness but says we are already blessed because Christ in us, is the hope of glory and is our righteousness and we are blessed because of what he had done. It is the message of Christ that lives in us by His Spirit and we, as Christians live Him (Christ) out in our daily living, that is, the gift of Grace flows from within us towards mankind. It is the message that believers have everything (already given to and put on the inside of them) that pertains to life and godliness, only live it out including the power to live beyond or above sin because the one who is in us was dead to sin, so also we are also dead to sin.

Many Christians do not understand Grace and the Grace gospel. To some, it is an offense when we teach\preach Grace thinking we give people license to sin. To others, they MIS-understood it and take it as a license to sin, quoting scriptural text out of context. Neither of the above is true! Grace as we have studied is more than unmerited favour of God. It is the divine power of God (already given to us that resides in us when we received Christ, as God's gift. Ephesians 3:20) by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues.

New International Version (©2011)
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, Ephesians 3:20

When was the power put within us? It is in the all-inclusiveness of the gift of Grace; the all-inclusive Christ. Now, we can allow the Spirit of God to minister to us on various aspect of Grace gospel but I have given the points, I may not cover all aspect except for other times. One of the things I will like to deal with is the subject of Grace and sinning. Does Grace means we have license to sin? Or does Grace give us license to sin? or does Grace means we can continue to make practice of sin? The answer is NO! It is not Grace that gives us license to sin neither is it the Grace gospel that gives people license to sin, people sin everyday, knowingly or unknowingly; deliberately or undeliberately.

Now, we must understand people will continue to sin, knowingly or unknowingly; deliberately or undeliberately but when the opportunity to sin comes, that is where Grace comes to work, from within us. Why do I need to eat when I'm not hungry? Sin does not necessarily mean the big issues we hear about in our societies such as homo.se.xual; lesbianism; adultery; gay; etc somebody might not do any of these but might be a liar, full of hatred which is also equal to murderer by the New Testament; envy, jealousy, lust etc....these are all internal sins which are not open to public acts but are still sin. So, because someone don't commit the big ones doesn't mean he\she doesn't commit any of the internal ones.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: Romans 5:20

Those who abuse grace and take it as license for sin use this scriptures that where there is sin, grace is available much more. Ladies & Gentlemen, that is not what this scripture says. The context itself says otherwise. The whole book of Romans is in proper context,

New Living Translation (©2007)
Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it? Romans 6:1-2

Now, Paul, the Apostle cannot mean or be saying in Romans 5:20 that grace can be available for sin and later be saying something different in the same context of the whole book in Romans 6:1-2. What then is he saying in Romans 5:20? Paul, the Apostle is simply saying, where (every place or any where on the planet) there is opportunity to sin or where sin is growing, there is where where God's grace, ability to live beyond sin is much more available. Lemme put it well in my word study way,

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, divine power of God (already given to us that resides in us when we received Christ, as God's gift. Ephesians 3:20) by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues did much more abound: Romans 5:20
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
So what do we have here? Taking Nigeria as an example, but it applies to any where in the world, where sin abound; we see in the society, sin abound in Nigeria. How do I mean, every where is opportunity to sin, steal, loot money from government treasury, single ladies sleeping with married men for money because they have to live, younger boys sleeping with cougars for living, corruption everywhere, killing for rituals and\or for money, cultism, etc. All these are where sin abound but Grace had been put in the inside of Christians, kindling them to exercise Christian virtues. Christians have much more on the inside to combat these acts, many just don't yield to it or activate it when needed. That's why scriptures says, "greater is HE that is in us, than he that is in the world"....and what is it that is in the world? The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - 1 John 2:16.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we can't continue to live in sin that or thinking Grace covers us, Romans 6:1-2 but rather we are blessed with the gift and Gospel of Grace to overcome sin and the world. This Grace gospel was foreshadowed in the time of Noah and God later introduced the law of Moses to show men that they need a Saviour, Grace of God, Christ of God.

But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. Genesis 6:8

This is before the law of Moses. The dispensation of Noah was so corrupt that he and his family was saved. Why? Because he found grace. Grace is the Saviour and that is the foreshadow of Christ. God later introduced the law to show men that, their works (obeying the law of Moses and making sacrifices for sin) cannot save them but Christ, which is the Grace of God. This is the whole gospel of Grace! The finished works of Christ and our eyes fixed on that, leaning on what he had done.

Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people. Galatians 3:19

God's law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant. Romans 5:20

God's purpose from the beginning is the Grace gospel which was foreshadowed from the time of Noah. The period of the law of Moses was later added or given to men can see how sinful they were and show people their sins, so that they can know they need a Saviour (Grace) of God. This law of Moses does not justifies but reveals the sin in us. Now, that Grace have saved us, how do we then continue to live by the law of Moses? There're many who preach or teach another gospel other than the gospel of Grace. That is, they teach the gospel of the law, of works mixed with Grace and Paul, the Apostle says, let them be curse or even of they be angels from heaven, Galatians 1:8 and Acts 20:24 tells us that the gospel they preached was the gospel of grace of God. Ladies and Gentlemen, the gospel of Grace is void of mixtures with the works of the law. Obedience to the works of the law is not part of the gospel of Grace because by keeping the law of Moses shall no man be justified. Why? It takes our eyes and faith away from the finished works of Christ, Grace of God and builds up the human efforts.

We have been called and free from the law of Moses but not to continue or use our freedom for\to satisfy your sinful nature. Galatians 5:13. The whole world is corrupt right now but the Grace is much more available within us to conquer. That's the gift of God, we only need to lean on this power, exercise it and live it out for us to be Christ-like in our daily living. It is not Christ-like when we are only Christians on Sundays and act UN-Christ-like other days. There's must be an evident of this gift of Grace manifesting in us. You can't be sleeping with another man's wife or husband and say the Grace covers you, NO!, that is abuse of the gift of Grace within you. You can be stealing, lying, taking bribe, cheating, mastur.bating, hating, etc and claim to exercise the grace of God because when Christ died by his body on the Christ, we also became dead to sin, how then shall we continue to live in sin anymore?

Today, there's an opportunity to receive the Grace of God, for those who have not receive this gift (Christ). When Christ comes into you, it convicts you of your old sinful lives, it courses you to repent and deposit in you the empowerment to live the Christian virtue where sin abound. Receive the Grace of the Living today and everything shall follow well for you. Thank you, you're bless!
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Zikkyy(m): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Zikkyy(m): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
Pastor Goshen, all this ya teachings dey result in too much arguments, e be like boys (& girls) no dey in the mood for this ya kind of teachings o! people get too much issues to sort out. you see the way the prosperity loving crew dey attack you left right and center grin e be like you go change strategy and dish out some nice teachings on prosperity grin maybe you fit even receive some cheque via postal mail to keep the ministry going grin am just advising as your able treasurer. inflows have not been encouraging o! grin
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360: So what do we have here? Taking Nigeria as an example, but it applies to any where in the world, where sin abound; we see in the society, sin abound in Nigeria. How do I mean, every where is opportunity to sin, steal, loot money from government treasury, single ladies sleeping with married men for money because they have to live, younger boys sleeping with cougars for living, corruption everywhere, killing for rituals and\or for money, cultism, etc. All these are where sin abound but Grace had been put in the inside of Christians, kindling them to exercise Christian virtues. Christians have much more on the inside to combat these acts, many just don't yield to it or activate it when needed. That's why scriptures says, "greater is HE that is in us, than he that is in the world"....and what is it that is in the world? The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - 1 John 2:16.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we can't continue to live in sin that or thinking Grace covers us, Romans 6:1-2 but rather we are blessed with the gift and Gospel of Grace to overcome sin and the world. This Grace gospel was foreshadowed in the time of Noah and God later introduced the law of Moses to show men that they need a Saviour, Grace of God, Christ of God.

But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. Genesis 6:8

This is before the law of Moses. The dispensation of Noah was so corrupt that he and his family was saved. Why? Because he found grace. Grace is the Saviour and that is the foreshadow of Christ. God later introduced the law to show men that, their works (obeying the law of Moses and making sacrifices for sin) cannot save them but Christ, which is the Grace of God. This is the whole gospel of Grace! The finished works of Christ and our eyes fixed on that, leaning on what he had done.

Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people. Galatians 3:19

God's law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant. Romans 5:20

God's purpose from the beginning is the Grace gospel which was foreshadowed from the time of Noah. The period of the law of Moses was later added or given to men can see how sinful they were and show people their sins, so that they can know they need a Saviour (Grace) of God. This law of Moses does not justifies but reveals the sin in us. Now, that Grace have saved us, how do we then continue to live by the law of Moses? There're many who preach or teach another gospel other than the gospel of Grace. That is, they teach the gospel of the law, of works mixed with Grace and Paul, the Apostle says, let them be curse or even of they be angels from heaven, Galatians 1:8 and Acts 20:24 tells us that the gospel they preached was the gospel of grace of God. Ladies and Gentlemen, the gospel of Grace is void of mixtures with the works of the law. Obedience to the works of the law is not part of the gospel of Grace because by keeping the law of Moses shall no man be justified. Why? It takes our eyes and faith away from the finished works of Christ, Grace of God and builds up the human efforts.

We have been called and free from the law of Moses but not to continue or use our freedom for\to satisfy your sinful nature. Galatians 5:13. The whole world is corrupt right now but the Grace is much more available within us to conquer. That's the gift of God, we only need to lean on this power, exercise it and live it out for us to be Christ-like in our daily living. It is not Christ-like when we are only Christians on Sundays and act UN-Christ-like other days. There's must be an evident of this gift of Grace manifesting in us. You can't be sleeping with another man's wife or husband and say the Grace covers you, NO!, that is abuse of the gift of Grace within you. You can be stealing, lying, taking bribe, cheating, mastur.bating, hating, etc and claim to exercise the grace of God because when Christ died by his body on the Christ, we also became dead to sin, how then shall we continue to live in sin anymore?

Today, there's an opportunity to receive the Grace of God, for those who have not receive this gift (Christ). When Christ comes into you, it convicts you of your old sinful lives, it courses you to repent and deposit in you the empowerment to live the Christian virtue where sin abound. Receive the Grace of the Living today and everything shall follow well for you. Thank you, you're bless!

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and PASTORS, you hypocrites! You are collecting tithes. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should not have practiced the latter, and neglected the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel

can you please explain the word law and justice above in the right context

pls pls pls no quotations from paul

try and use the masters words more often.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
MostHigh:

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and PASTORS, you hypocrites! You are collecting tithes. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should not have practiced the latter, and neglected the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel

I need to teach you that what Paul taught is what Christ taught as foundation.....to the New testament that will take effect after his death. If you can't understand this simple truth, then I cannot help. But, if you're ready, I will show you step by step, from words of Christ, that what Paul taught is what Christ taught. Are you ready?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
Zikkyy: Pastor Goshen, all this ya teachings dey result in too much arguments, e be like boys (& girls) no dey in the mood for this ya kind of teachings o! people get too much issues to sort out. you see the way the prosperity loving crew dey attack you left right and center grin e be like you go change strategy and dish out some nice teachings on prosperity grin maybe you fit even receive some cheque via postal mail to keep the ministry going grin am just advising as your able treasurer. inflows have not been encouraging o! grin

We're not of them that peddles the word for profit. Treasurer, open your mouth and the Living God shall fill it. cheesy grin We preach Christ and his finished works, (him crucified); we offend the Judaizers and to the prosperity Gentiles, it's all foolishness. grin
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Zikkyy(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
MostHigh:

This man, you don change the format of ya question? why grin
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Zikkyy(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360:
We're not of them that peddles the word for profit. Treasurer, open your mouth and the Living God shall fill it. cheesy grin

sad sad

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Prays For Buhari's Recovery (Photos) / Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? / MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.