Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" (9836 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
MostHigh:

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and PASTORS, you hypocrites! You are collecting tithes. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should not have practiced the latter, and neglected the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel

can you please explain the word law and justice above in the right context

pls pls pls no quotations from paul

try and use the masters words more often.

MostHigh:

you dont ever quote christ why?

I will reluctantly reply you just because of the genuine nature of the question ignoring your notoriety on this forum.

I hardly quote Christ, infact I hardly quote God too. It is not because they are not worthy but because God is just not 1 entity, He is Elohim in Hebrew that word is plural. He is trio in nature with the three parts of God being equal.
God the father,God the son and God the spirit
These three entities operated with man in dispensations. All through the Old Testament it was God the father before God the son came in flesh, He had to leave for God the spirit to start His dispensation.
In our present time today God the spirit is the inspiration of the Pauline epistles. The gospel been preached by Paul is the SPIRIT of God speaking to the church.

I believe that is the most basic way I can explain that, I hope you discern.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360:

I need to teach you that what Paul taught is what Christ taught as foundation.....to the New testament that will take effect after his death. If you can't understand this simple truth, then I cannot help. But, if you're ready, I will show you step by step, from words of Christ, that what Paul taught is what Christ taught. Are you ready?

I am ready.

Everybody hold your breath Goshen wants to quote the words of the master in his teachings

Preadventure things will get clearer.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
^ Do you want it in relation to this teachings or just picking something Christ taught and the same established in the New Testament, taught and carried on by the Apostles? Which one you want?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

MostHigh:

you dont ever quote christ why?

I will reluctantly reply you just because of the genuine nature of the question ignoring your notoriety on this forum.

I hardly quote Christ, infact I hardly quote God too. It is not because they are not worthy but because God is just not 1 entity, He is Elohim in Hebrew that word is plural. He is trio in nature with the three parts of God being equal.
God the father,God the son and God the spirit
These three entities operated with man in dispensations. All through the Old Testament it was God the father before God the son came in flesh, He had to leave for God the spirit to start His dispensation.
In our present time today God the spirit is the inspiration of the Pauline epistles. The gospel been preached by Paul is the SPIRIT of God speaking to the church.

I believe that is the most basic way I can explain that, I hope you discern.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like

Shey una dey hear this so called christian ye desciples of Goshen

I hardly quote Christ, infact I hardly quote God too.(But you quote paul like RSS feed non stop)

1. So in other words pauls revelations over yashua and the law and prophets and even the most high God too?

Is it not called the revelation of yashua ibn joseph?

In our present time today God the spirit is the inspiration of the Pauline epistles

2. So waht you are saying is that all other man preached to isreal but paul to the gentiles so this makes his teachings more inspired?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bro Goshen,I have a concern
Now, Paul, the Apostle cannot mean or be saying in Romans 5:20 that grace can be available for sin and later be saying something different in the same context of the whole book in Romans 6:1-2. What then is he saying in Romans 5:20? Paul, the Apostle is simply saying, where (every place or any where on the planet) there is opportunity to sin or where sin is growing, there is where where God's grace, ability to live beyond sin is much more available. Lemme put it well in my word study way,

How did you come to the 'bolded' conclusion,If you don't mind please shed more light on the bolded.
Alternatively,You can send me a mail so we can chat there. shedemidemi@icloud.com
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Do you want it in relation to this teachings or just picking something Christ taught and the same established in the New Testament, taught and carried on by the Apostles? Which one you want?

Finally!!

Pls I want it in relation to the LAW.

And pls just the masters words that we may all be edified abi?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi: Bro Goshen,I have a concern
Now, Paul, the Apostle cannot mean or be saying in Romans 5:20 that grace can be available for sin and later be saying something different in the same context of the whole book in Romans 6:1-2. What then is he saying in Romans 5:20? Paul, the Apostle is simply saying, where (every place or any where on the planet) there is opportunity to sin or where sin is growing, there is where where God's grace, ability to live beyond sin is much more available. Lemme put it well in my word study way,

How did you come to the 'bolded' conclusion,If you don't mind please shed more light on the bolded.
Alternatively,You can send me a mail so we can chat there. shedemidemi@icloud.com

It's very simple my brother. Besides, I sent you one of my online study material - study bible and one other material, in your email.

Now, concerning the above, all you have to do is understand Grace means more than one thing as discussed. It is the all-inclusive Christ, given to us to work out or live it out. That is what makes us Christ-like.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
. . . But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: Romans 5:20

Some translations have is as "where sin INCREASED", some says "where people sin MORE and MORE". So, looking at our present state or society, people are sinning more and more or sin have increased in this present days and age, grace did much more abound....you have to get what that grace means in that context and then apply it back into the context and then re-read it. I got it or came to that conclusion from word meaning or the all-inclusiveness of God's grace that is wrapped up in Christ.

First, here is Romans 5:20 opened for word meanings: http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rom&c=5&v=20&t=KJV#conc/20

2. The TEXT opened here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rom&c=5&v=20&t=KJV#conc/20

3. The meaning (aspects\features) of Grace presented here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5485&t=KJV

Romans 6:1-2 already clear up Romans 5:20 in that Romans 6:1-2 says we cannot continue to sin that same grace may abound while Romans 5:20 says where sin abound, grace abound much more. So, he cannot be saying we can go on continue sinning thinking that we have much more abounding grace to cover up our sin. He is simply saying, where (any where) there's opportunity to sin or where sin is increasing or as people sin more and more, that is where grace (God's divine power) to exercise power above sin abound much more.

So, lemme do the word study again, inserting the #2a meaning into the text of Romans 5:20,

. . . But where sin abounded, grace [God's divine power (#3a) by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues] did much more abound: Romans 5:20

Is it clear now?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2013
The issue of Grace if accepted means the final death and interment of this scam called tithe, but Christ died and Grace is available to all. I dont have to lift a finger to be holy and righteous, by his death, he dashed me righteousness (RM5:17) if i can do anything to recieve anything it means Christ died in vain, but God by his divine power hath given to me all things that pertain to life and godliness tro the GRGCE OF JESUS. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
MostHigh:

Finally!!

Pls I want it in relation to the LAW.

And pls just the masters words that we may all be edified abi?

^

grin

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. Matthew 5:38-39.

In verse 38, Christ was quoting Exodus 21:24, Leviticus 24:20 & Deuteronomy 19:21.

New Living Translation (©2007)
You must show no pity for the guilty! Your rule should be life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. Deuteronomy 19:21

In verse 39, Christ laid down a new testament teaching that was carried on by his Apostles. What do you think Christ was doing to those Mosaic law of "You have heard it hath been said"?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360:

^

grin

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. Matthew 5:38-39.

In verse 38, Christ was quoting Exodus 21:24, Leviticus 24:20 & Deuteronomy 19:21.

New Living Translation (©2007)
You must show no pity for the guilty! Your rule should be life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. Deuteronomy 19:21

In verse 39, Christ laid down a new testament teaching that was carried on by his Apostles. What do you think Christ was doing to those Mosaic law of "You have heard it hath been said"?

is that all you can come up with?

You see how limited you are in yashua

somthing truly has a strong hold on you

What do I Think

well I know Yashua in his sermon on the mount and othe places in the book transferd the offence from the overt acts to the intension this is clearly stated.

and in no way did he abrogate any part of the law in any way

do you really expect one to turn the other cheek for you during a time of judgement

the evangelical period is over now it is judgement time.

But when you speak about paul you have so much to say against the LAW of the most high
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360:

It's very simple my brother. Besides, I sent you one of my online study material - study bible and one other material, in your email.

Now, concerning the above, all you have to do is understand Grace means more than one thing as discussed. It is the all-inclusive Christ, given to us to work out or live it out. That is what makes us Christ-like.

. . . But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: Romans 5:20

Some translations have is as "where sin INCREASED", some says "where people sin MORE and MORE". So, looking at our present state or society, people are sinning more and more or sin have increased in this present days and age, grace did much more abound....you have to get what that grace means in that context and then apply it back into the context and then re-read it. I got it or came to that conclusion from word meaning or the all-inclusiveness of God's grace that is wrapped up in Christ.

First, here is Romans 5:20 opened for word meanings: http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rom&c=5&v=20&t=KJV#conc/20

2. The TEXT opened here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rom&c=5&v=20&t=KJV#conc/20

3. The meaning (aspects\features) of Grace presented here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5485&t=KJV

Romans 6:1-2 already clear up Romans 5:20 in that Romans 6:1-2 says we cannot continue to sin that same grace may abound while Romans 5:20 says where sin abound, grace abound much more. So, he cannot be saying we can go on continue sinning thinking that we have much more abounding grace to cover up our sin. He is simply saying, where (any where) there's opportunity to sin or where sin is increasing or as people sin more and more, that is where grace (God's divine power) to exercise power above sin abound much more.

So, lemme do the word study again, inserting the #2a meaning into the text of Romans 5:20,

. . . But where sin abounded, grace [God's divine power (#3a) by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues] did much more abound: Romans 5:20

Is it clear now?

I think I get what you are trying to say but what I can draw from it is that you are cautiously diluting grace by the explanation of that verse. The statement is not symbolic in any sense and it does not contradict with the gospel the Apostle taught. Let's take this verse to see what was happening at the time-

Romans 6:1-2
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Dead to Sin but Alive in Christ

6 So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace? 2 Of course not! Our old sinful life ended. It’s dead. So how can we continue living in sin?

You will notice Paul dint ask the question, it was a question and answer rapport going on.

5:20 says where sin abound, grace abound much more.

This statement is a literal statement, its better we leave at that. When we fall in to sin the grace of God is multiplied.

What do you think?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
MostHigh:

What do I Think

well I know Yashua in his sermon on the mount and othe places in the book transferd the offence from the overt acts to the intension this is clearly stated.

do you really expect one to turn the other cheek for you during a time of judgement

But when you speak about paul you have so much to say against the LAW of the most high

What is it with you, you are just shouting yashua yashua. Is Yashua the only one in the trinity? Was Yashua in human form in Genesis, can you see yashua in flesh right now?
It's like having water in ice,liquid and gas. In whichever form it is still water.
Your myopic argument is like saying Its only the real water I want to talk about.
Apply whatever you think with jo.
If you don't believe ask yourself if you really want to believe?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I think I get what you are trying to say but what I can draw from it is that you are cautiously diluting grace by the explanation of that verse. The statement is not symbolic in any sense and it does not contradict with the gospel the Apostle taught. Let's take this verse to see what was happening at the time-

Romans 6:1-2
Dead to Sin but Alive in Christ

6 So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace? 2 Of course not! Our old sinful life ended. It’s dead. So how can we continue living in sin?

You will notice Paul dint ask the question, it was a question and answer rapport going on.

5:20 says where sin abound, grace abound much more.

This statement is a literal statement, its better we leave at that. When we fall in to sin the grace of God is multiplied.

What do you think?
pls bro lets not use our experience to undastand or judge christianity, the Grace of Jesus is enough to see us tro but most of the time we dont trust him, we believe more on our babish experience than God. The Grace teaching is hard bone and its not for babies.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
christemmbassey: pls bro lets not use our experience to undastand or judge christianity, the Grace of Jesus is enough to see us tro but most of the time we dont trust him, we believe more on our babish experience than God. The Grace teaching is hard bone and its not for babies.

I agree cos it is written 'knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,' . What I wrote there isn't my interpretation though, I only asked the question for fellowship purpose and grace is not as difficult as you think if You divide everything appropriately.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
MostHigh:

What do I Think

^ grin grin grin ^ You mean you can't comprehend what's going on in that verse? Yet, you uphold the law so much? smh grin
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ shdemidemi,

It's quite simple. If it doesn't mean continue to sin that grace may abound according to Romans 6:1-2; it cannot possible mean a different thing in the paraphrase of Romans 5:20. It was the extension of Romans 5:20 that led to 6:1-2 as originally written in scroll. Also, that word "continue" denotes to make a continuous practice of sin. It does not mean we might not fall into sin sometimes but we don't make a continuous practice of it.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360: @ shdemidemi,

It's quite simple. If it doesn't mean continue to sin that grace may abound according to Romans 6:1-2; it cannot possible mean a different thing in the paraphrase of Romans 5:20. It was the extension of Romans 5:20 that led to 6:1-2 as originally written in scroll. Also, that word "continue" denotes to make a continuous practice of sin. It does not mean we might not fall into sin sometimes but we don't make a continuous practice of it.
bro Goshen i insist tha a clear undastanding of Grace will help the baby christians to stop falling into sin now and then. Now look at two christians, one believe that he is useless and actually confess, 'i am flesh and blood, who am i, a useless man like me, and the other believes that what Christ did was for him and declears,'i am holy and righteous, i cant talk any how, there are somethings i j just cantt do, i know who i am, i am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, i am God's workmanship recreated in christ Jesus unto GOOD works etc, pls who among the 2 is most likely to easily fall into sin? Christ said, "and ye shall kow the truth, and the truth shall make you free". Grace is the true condition of the justified man ie a christian.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360: @ shdemidemi,

From exegesis of Pauline epistles, there is a difference between a Christian who sins and an unbeliever who sins. An unbeliever has no spirit hindering him from committing a sin except for his conscience but a Christian is a work in progress whose sins has already been forgiven. A Christian sinner is still saved under this gospel but hie has a task of producing as learnt in the parable of the sower. Even Apostle Paul describes the war that goes on within a Christian , its a tough battle that needs the word of God to be minimised.

The only time we can have an ability within us not to sin is when we are out of our sinful body. Apostle will then say "absence in body means present with God" but while we are in this body he says :Romans 12:2
2 Don’t change yourselves to be like the people of this world, but let God change you inside with a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to understand and accept what God wants for you. You will be able to know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
^ Let's put it in practical. I think that will help us understand better. Let's start with this,

1. Do you think or believe a Christian can commit say, for instance adultery? So this sin of adultery is taking as a sample for other sins, we just use adultery as an example among many sins.

If you think or believe a Christian can commit adultery, then the #2 follows. If not, then state your stance.

2. If you think a Christian can commit adultery, do you think a Christian can continuing to practice adultery?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
christemmbassey: bro Goshen i insist tha a clear undastanding of Grace will help the baby christians to stop falling into sin now and then. Now look at two christians, one believe that he is useless and actually confess, 'i am flesh and blood, who am i, a useless man like me, and the other believes that what Christ did was for him and declears,'i am holy and righteous, i cant talk any how, there are somethings i j just cantt do, i know who i am, i am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, i am God's workmanship recreated in christ Jesus unto GOOD works etc, pls who among the 2 is most likely to easily fall into sin? Christ said, "and ye shall kow the truth, and the truth shall make you free". Grace is the true condition of the justified man ie a christian.

Bro, this thing is a worry to man but not to God. God didn't make the people in the Bible robots but do you wonder how everything He says in the days of old come to past,meanwhile everybody went on doing their things independent of what God had written.

Example..Christ told Peter you would deny me three times before dawn, if you were in Peters shoes you might say after the second time you denied Christ you won't deny him the third time,but Peter couldn't He had to deny Christ 3 times as foretold.
Within our own knowledge we rate sins, even eating too much is a sin, your cloth combination can be a sin.

Imagine if God wanted all man to be good who would have denied Christ if there was no judas? How would God show is power to the children of Israel if there was no pharaoh.

The moral is God can make some do bad to you to teach you a lesson, so God needs our sins to pass a message sometimes. I hope you will get this .
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Let's put it in practical. I think that will help us understand better. Let's start with this,

1. Do you think or believe a Christian can commit say, for instance adultery? So this sin of adultery is taking as a sample for other sins, we just use adultery as an example among many sins.

If you think or believe a Christian can commit adultery, then the #2 follows. If not, then state your stance.

2. If you think a Christian can commit adultery, do you think a Christian can continuing to practice adultery?

I believe a Christian can commit adultery and even more.

Yes a Christian can continue in it and yet He is still safe

That is the height of grace

2 Corinthians 5:21
King James Version (KJV)
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

<
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

What is it with you, you are just shouting yashua yashua. Is Yashua the only one in the trinity? Was Yashua in human form in Genesis, can you see yashua in flesh right now?
It's like having water in ice,liquid and gas. In whichever form it is still water.
Your myopic argument is like saying Its only the real water I want to talk about.
Apply whatever you think with jo.
If you don't believe ask yourself if you really want to believe?

you are truly anti yashua (antichrist) from your words above
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

King James Version (KJV)
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

<

Can a good tree bear bad fruit?

you say a man can be living in sin (adultery) and still be cool with the most high God

Either call the tree god and its fruit good or the tree bad and its fruit bad

you are a really bad apple this man

Judgement be upon you quickly

Amen.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
MostHigh:

Can a good tree bear bad fruit?

you say a man can be living in sin (adultery) and still be cool with the most high God

Either call the tree god and its fruit good or the tree bad and its fruit bad

you are a really bad apple this man

Judgement be upon you quickly

Amen.

The tree in the context it was used by Christ represents Isreal and not a Christian...as for man,since we fell through Adam we became unrighteous,
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
MostHigh:

you are truly anti yashua (antichrist) from your words above

You make me laugh...God forbid.
If you want to disagree,you need to edit the Bible first.
You are talking from your head and you call someone talking scriptures antichrist. Do you even know what that means.
If you must disagree,do that through the Word of God.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, this thing is a worry to man but not to God. God didn't make the people in the Bible robots but do you wonder how everything He says in the days of old come to past,meanwhile everybody went on doing their things independent of what God had written.

Example..Christ told Peter you would deny me three times before dawn, if you were in Peters shoes you might say after the second time you denied Christ you won't deny him the third time,but Peter couldn't He had to deny Christ 3 times as foretold.
Within our own knowledge we rate sins, even eating too much is a sin, your cloth combination can be a sin.

Imagine if God wanted all man to be good who would have denied Christ if there was no judas? How would God show is power to the children of Israel if there was no pharaoh.

The moral is God can make some do bad to you to teach you a lesson, so God needs our sins to pass a message sometimes. I hope you will get this .
sorry bro, i reject it in totality. 1. Peter was not born again, he did not have the holy spirit. 2 a christian is someone who is born again, during this process there is a replacement of life, Adamic nature is given up for Christ nature(sinless life) eg Nebukadnezzar experience replacement of life twice and acted accordingly, he experience no conflict between animal and human life, when he was man, he was man and when he was animal he was such , ate grass in the bush for 7years. 3. What we have today are miracle seeking unbelievers who goes to church for nbvious reasons odathan to worship God most of which are pastored by unemployed impostors who caste spells and collect möney, my brother this are not christians. A christian feels dif, he sudenly found out that women dont intrest him, he cant explain it but he found out that his value has change, he feels happy and contented even with empty pockets, he doesnt think hate, he wish he can help, bro christianity is a sweet life.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
christemmbassey: sorry bro, i reject it in totality. 1. Peter was not born again, he did not have the holy spirit. 2 a christian is someone who is born again, during this process there is a replacement of life, Adamic nature is given up for Christ nature(sinless life) eg Nebukadnezzar experience replacement of life twice and acted accordingly, he experience no conflict between animal and human life, when he was man, he was man and when he was animal he was such , ate grass in the bush for 7years. 3. What we have today are miracle seeking unbelievers who goes to church for nbvious reasons odathan to worship God most of which are pastored by unemployed impostors who caste spells and collect möney, my brother this are not christians. A christian feels dif, he sudenly found out that women dont intrest him, he cant explain it but he found out that his value has change, he feels happy and contented even with empty pockets, he doesnt think hate, he wish he can help, bro christianity is a sweet life.

Haaa Peter a disciple, an apostle, the same Peter that experienced the Holy Spirit and spoke in other tongues,the same 1 that dined with Christ after Ressurection. What Peter are you talking about?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

You make me laugh...God forbid.
If you want to disagree,you need to edit the Bible first.
You are talking from your head and you call someone talking scriptures antichrist. Do you even know what that means.
If you must disagree,do that through the Word of God.

ol boy na you dey ask me wether na only yashua dey the trinity

you and yashua na mates now abi?

where you not baptised in the name of yashua?

Anitchrist

Lawless man
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by christemmbassey(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Haaa Peter a disciple, an apostle, the same Peter that experienced the Holy Spirit and spoke in other tongues,the same 1 that dined with Christ after Ressurection. What Peter are you talking about?
Peter was NOT BORN AGAIN when he denied Jesus and did not have the holy spirit he had no Grace because it was not possible. Pls study ur bible. God bless
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
christemmbassey: Peter was NOT BORN AGAIN when he denied Jesus and did not have the holy spirit he had no Grace because it was not possible. Pls study ur bible. God bless

Ok, but at this other point that he had become born again, what happened

Galatians 2:11-18
Paul Shows That Peter Was Wrong

11 When Peter came to Antioch, he did something that was not right. I stood against him, because he was wrong. 12 This is what happened: When Peter first came to Antioch, he ate and associated with the non-Jewish people. But when some Jewish men came from James, Peter separated himself from the non-Jews. He stopped eating with them, because he was afraid of the Jews who believe that all non-Jewish people must be circumcised. 13 So Peter was a hypocrite. The other Jewish believers joined with him, so they were hypocrites too. Even Barnabas was influenced by what these Jewish believers did. 14 They were not following the truth of the Good News. When I saw this, I spoke to Peter in front of everyone. I said, “Peter, you are a Jew, but you don’t live like one. You live like someone who is not a Jew. So why are you trying to force those who are not Jewish to live like Jews?”

Did you see the born again Peter acting wrongly in this chapter.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Goshen360(m): 10:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

King James Version (KJV)

Okay bro. I do not intend to go further into this discussion. You and I agree on the #1, I also believe a Christian can commit adultery. Case study, the Corinthian Christians, at least from scriptures. #2, I don't agree that a Christians can continue or should continue to make practice of adultery. That's my stance. The reason is, Romans 6:1-2. We cannot CONTINUE...that grace may abound. I believe that is abuse of Grace.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
Like I said before now, Paul was asked if the gospel of grace means they should continue in sin so grace may abound, He replied in the negative.

6 So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace? It was a question.

May be if I ask you this question you would understand it fully.

When God plagued the land of Egypt by kill all the first born...the children of Israel were told to kill a lamm and put the blood on lintel n doorpost. So, when the spirit of death come, He sees the blood of the lamb and he will Passover. NB the spirit was not checking the Jews 1 after the other but by the blood that covers them.

The question now is if pharaoh and His family were under the blood of the lamb, would the spirit of death Passover or not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Prays For Buhari's Recovery (Photos) / MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body / Is Sex In Marriage Carnal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.