Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" (9837 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:15am On May 03, 2013
You won't be judged by anything written in the Old Testament nor by Christ (tough, I know) nor by any other apostle but by the gospel of grace given to Apostle Paul--
Apostle Pauls gospel was in 3 dimensions LOVE,FAITH and HOPE. Therefore, if he isn't teaching about love it will be faith or hope of the coming of Christ. Any teacher that wants to teach this must exhibit these 3 attributes- 1tim1:5
love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 9:26am On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi: You won't be judged by anything written in the Old Testament nor by Christ (tough, I know) nor by any other apostle but by the gospel of grace given to Apostle Paul--
Apostle Pauls gospel was in 3 dimensions LOVE,FAITH and HOPE. Therefore, if he isn't teaching about love it will be faith or hope of the coming of Christ. Any teacher that wants to teach this must exhibit these 3 attributes- 1tim1:5
see wetin gospel of grace don cause..chei.. grin
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:34am On May 03, 2013
Bidam: see wetin gospel of grace don cause..chei.. grin

Did I write this
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to MY gospel. The Jews Guilty as the Gentiles

Or you just want to choose the gospel that best tickles your fancy
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 9:42am On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did I write this
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to MY gospel. The Jews Guilty as the Gentiles

Or you just want to choose the gospel that best tickles your fancy
I understand you perfectly and why you erroneously pick that to make a doctrine of what Paul innocently and harmlessly said the reason is because no other scribe ever spoke of the Gospel as "my” Gospel. Even Messiah Himself never referred to it as "My” Message
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:48am On May 03, 2013
God was with us in flesh as Christ. The purpose of His coming was for the Holy Spirit to come in full operation. The Holy Spirit works with our spirit ( a spirit that was created as soon as we accept that we are sinners through the transgression of Adam and accept Christ came,died and resurrected ) through the gospel that was propagated by Paul and documented through the inspiration of the same Holy Spirit.
The law has no place in the gospel, we need the Bible in totality to understand what led to our salvation and how powerful our God is. Contrary to what most pastors and theologians do by making these informations practical.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 9:49am On May 03, 2013
Bidam: I understand you perfectly and why you erroneously pick that to make a doctrine of what Paul innocently and harmlessly said the reason is because no other scribe ever spoke of the Gospel as "my” Gospel. Even Messiah Himself never referred to it as "My” Message

Say it clearly, is that part of the Bible wrong?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 10:05am On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Say it clearly, is that part of the Bible wrong?
May God give us the GRACE to understand His gospel grin
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 10:10am On May 03, 2013
Am sure you can't say the Bible is wrong or erred in any form. If you can't say that then accept what it says. Christ came to prepare the way for this gospel. SIMPLE.
All you can do is take it,study it and teach it, for more people to be let it of bondage of religion.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 10:19am On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi: Am sure you can't say the Bible is wrong or erred in any form. If you can't say that then accept what it says. Christ came to prepare the way for this gospel. SIMPLE.
All you can do is take it,study it and teach it, for more people to be let it of bondage of religion.
which gospel and whose gospel? cheesy
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 10:32am On May 03, 2013
Bidam: which gospel and whose gospel? cheesy

Which gospel? The gospel Paul taught

Whose gospel? Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), it is the gospel of God through Jesus by the Holy spirit.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 10:35am On May 03, 2013
Bidam: May God give us the GRACE to understand His gospel grin
God gave you and me that grace already, its left for you to discern.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 10:36am On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Which gospel? The gospel Paul taught

Whose gospel? Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), it is the gospel of God through Jesus by the Holy spirit.
then we don't have a problem the matter is settled. cool

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 10:45am On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:
God gave you and me that grace already, its left for you to discern.
don't misunderstand me..i know the grace is already available..what i posted was a prayer..or how do you explain when Paul said "May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ the love of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us now and forever" ?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 10:59am On May 03, 2013
I liked your last statement by the way. Try this way of studying the Bible, you will find out you won't need to say lets leave anything to the Holy Spirit like many do as an escape route from questions. When you mention Holy sprit everyone just mute, some even take it as far as Holy Spirit told me as if they have another line to the Holy Spirit asides the gospel. Christ needs to rest his head on a body, but the body is so divided at the moment. People parade different gospels-
Prosperity
Marriage
Children
Singles
Women
Fire for fire
Miracle
Healing
Na like this e go dey dey
All the fine girls are here,you are sleeping
Pay tithe or die a wretch

That's to name a few but all from the pit of hell. But God has given believers 1 gospel, we need to make that gospel known to the world.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 11:02am On May 03, 2013
Bidam: don't misunderstand me..i know the grace is already available..what i posted was a prayer..or how do you explain when Paul said "May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ the love of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us now and forever" ?

No problems bro..I was caught up by my adamic side. May His grace abide with us forever.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 11:17am On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

No problems bro..I was caught up by my adamic side. May His grace abide with us forever.
AMEN.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by PastorKun(m): 1:31pm On May 03, 2013
Bidam: this is incredulous..is it talking about the law or the nature of man?

Stop being ridiculous just because you want to protect your tithe scam. It is very clear from several passages in scripture that the Jewish laws is not a part of the gospel handed down to believers. Judaizers like yourself tried to smuggle in parts of the law when the apostles were still around and the issue was thoroughly addressed in Acts 15 were they made it clear that christians are not subject to the law.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 1:35pm On May 03, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Stop being ridiculous just because you want to protect your tithe scam. It is very clear from several passages in scripture that the Jewish laws is not a part of the gospel handed down to believers. Judaizers like yourself tried to smuggle in parts of the law when the apostles were still around and the issue was thoroughly addressed in Acts 15 were they made it clear that christians are not subject to the law.

Yashua is a jew.

Salvation is of the jews.

It is you who are running away from your true self because the pope has decreed that the shall not judaize

Read history and see where you lost your way.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 03, 2013
Pastor Kun:

why not explain to us what act 15 is really saying instead of name calling.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by PastorKun(m): 1:53pm On May 03, 2013
Bidam: why not explain to us what act 15 is really saying instead of name calling.

Don't you have a bible? Pick it up and read the passage is self explanatory or must you be spoon fed with everything
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 03, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Don't you have a bible? Pick it up and read the passage is self explanatory or must you be spoon fed with everything
no.. i want your own explanations then i will make my deductions or are ye scared to teach me?
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by PastorKun(m): 3:05pm On May 03, 2013
Bidam: no.. i want your own explanations then i will make my deductions or are ye scared to teach me?

Bros I am currently browsing with my phone so I can't write long stories or even post the scriptures now.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 03, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Bros I am currently browsing with my phone so I can't write long stories or even post the scriptures now.
Ok sir! later then.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:39pm On May 03, 2013
Daily Manna

The Struggle Within

TEXT: ROMANS 7:13-25

"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do" (Romans 7:15,19)

By society’s moral standards he was adjudged an upright man. He had won accolades in the university where he worked as the Dean of student affairs. He had rejected offers of bribe times without number. He was that strict until His son failed to obtain the university admission examination cutoff mark by two marks. The Registrar called to inform him and suggested that rather than wait for another year, the boy’s answer script could be amended if only he would consent. Then the struggle began: to consent or not to consent. At last, he did and his son was admitted.

Our text deals with the state of the moral but graceless man and the battle he daily fights against sinful pressures. The desire to do good is in him but he has difficulty actualizing this desire. He is set to do what is right and acceptable but he ends up doing the exact opposite. This is the fate of all who attempt to obey God’s commandments without the saving grace of Christ.

Our society is full of such persons who have not tasted of the grace of God through Christ. Thus, they remain slaves to evil desires, propensities and sin. As often as they try to do good in self-righteousness, they are brought into captivity to the law of sin.

One basic question everyone in this situation asks is: ‘O wretched man that I am who shall deliver me from the body of this death’? If your question is similar to this, throw away your self-righteous garment and come to Christ. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He will gladly deliver you. So, repent and receive Christ as your Lord and Saviour now. Saved, you must abide in Him to continue to enjoy the freedom.

Thought for the day: "Christ begins where self-righteousness ends!"

For Details . . .
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 4:56pm On May 03, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Daily Manna

The Struggle Within

TEXT: ROMANS 7:13-25

"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do" (Romans 7:15,19)

By society’s moral standards he was adjudged an upright man. He had won accolades in the university where he worked as the Dean of student affairs. He had rejected offers of bribe times without number. He was that strict until His son failed to obtain the university admission examination cutoff mark by two marks. The Registrar called to inform him and suggested that rather than wait for another year, the boy’s answer script could be amended if only he would consent. Then the struggle began: to consent or not to consent. At last, he did and his son was admitted.

Our text deals with the state of the moral but graceless man and the battle he daily fights against sinful pressures. The desire to do good is in him but he has difficulty actualizing this desire. He is set to do what is right and acceptable but he ends up doing the exact opposite. This is the fate of all who attempt to obey God’s commandments without the saving grace of Christ.

Our society is full of such persons who have not tasted of the grace of God through Christ. Thus, they remain slaves to evil desires, propensities and sin. As often as they try to do good in self-righteousness, they are brought into captivity to the law of sin.

One basic question everyone in this situation asks is: ‘O wretched man that I am who shall deliver me from the body of this death’? If your question is similar to this, throw away your self-righteous garment and come to Christ. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He will gladly deliver you. So, repent and receive Christ as your Lord and Saviour now. Saved, you must abide in Him to continue to enjoy the freedom.

Thought for the day: "Christ begins where self-righteousness ends!"

For Details . . .

True say..but note, a gentile believer don't repent only Jews repent. All we do is renewal of our mind with the word of God
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 4:59pm On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

True say..but note, a gentile believer don't repent only Jews repent. All we do is renewal of our mind with the word of God

Confession is good for the soul.

A repentant heart is all the Lord requires not sacrifice
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 5:01pm On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi: You won't be judged by anything written in the Old Testament nor by Christ (tough, I know) nor by any other apostle but by the gospel of grace given to Apostle Paul--

When you are through with the 3 dimensions of paul (more confusion)

Then you will find your way back to yashua.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2013
MostHigh:

Confession is good for the soul.

A repentant heart is all the Lord requires not sacrifice

Repentance is for the Jews.
The word is from re and pent
Re--is to happen again
Pent-- is top

The Jews were at the top before, they need to repent now to be Gods people again
The Gentiles were never at the top before now. Now that they are part of the fold all they can do is the renewal of mind.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 5:37pm On May 03, 2013
MostHigh:

When you are through with the 3 dimensions of paul (more confusion)

Then you will find your way back to yashua.

Are you a Jew man,tell me how Yeshua told you, you can be saved? Only 1 man tells Gentiles how to be saved. Seem you just locked your mind and reasoning cos you are just stuck in one spot for no reason. What essence is the Holy Spirit if everything has been done by Christ? If you want to be stiff necked like that, good luck at it bro.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by MostHigh: 5:44pm On May 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you a Jew man,tell me how Yeshua told you, you can be saved? Only 1 man tells Gentiles how to be saved. Seem you just locked your mind and reasoning cos you are just stuck in one spot for no reason. What essence is the Holy Spirit if everything has been done by Christ? If you want to be stiff necked like that, good luck at it bro.

Yashua is the way the truth and the life

No man comes to the father except by him

yashua is a jew and lives as a jew

All the apostles are jews and live the life of a jew

salvation is of the jews

this is not stiff neck matter just plain simple talk.
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2013
MostHigh:

salvation is of the jews

Explain this
Acts 15:14-15
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
14 Simon Peter has told us how God showed his love for the non-Jewish people. For the first time, God accepted them and made them his people. 15 The words of the prophets agree with this too:
Re: Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" by shdemidemi(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2013
MostHigh:

salvation is of the jews

So how does that tell me how to be saved...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian / Tribute To Pastor Ify Irukwu Of Jesus House London Who Passed Away On 4/6/2007 / Where Are You Worshipping At Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.