Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? (17476 Views)

Which Nigerian Actor Or Actress Can Win An Oscar / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Which Nigerian Soap Opera Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by biafranqueen: 7:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
All Chris Abani books Graceland is too much especially Song for Night about children soldiers
Chike and the River and the Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by akinwun(m): 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
And again,though not a nigerian novel, i 'll like to see animal farm turned into a movie. Oh! How i love animal farm. Snowball,molly, the one and only napoleon.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by sholay2011(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
Thanks to Mainframe, some wonderful books like 'Koseegbe' by Akinwumi Ishola has been adapted to the screen.

They are the most faithful in terms of adapted screenplay. I think dat category needs to be created in the AMA awards. So that screenwriters don't think everything is about developing an idea from d scratch, even if it is trash.

I would love to adapt that 'Agbako nile tete' of a book. The suspense is top-notch. Damn! I hope I can find d book sha.lol
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Bsmartt(m): 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
1. 'ige adubi' i read it when i was in the j.s.s class. 2. ' ogboju ode ninu igbo irumole'(the brave hunter in the evil forest).
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Uwem2009: I would love to watch a movie based on the novel: Joys of motherhood by buchi emecheta...but the problem is if our nigerian actors and actresses will be able to convey that passion,message and emotions felt when one actually reads the novel
oN POINT!
Cant bliv i cried @ two great points along the story - those times Ona was suffering at the husband's house and when she died in the village

furthermore, i remained emotional throughout my reading , still when i finished reading the novel, i felt malaise for many days, just from one fictional book o.

@ OP, buchi emecheta series, Joys of motherhood, 'Second class citizen' made me cry too(how person go marry that kind wicked husband) ,etc. Inshort, Buchi don punish me wella with her writing.

2) Flora Nwapa series esp One is Enough

3) Chukwemeka Ike series - Bottled Leopard and Conspiracy of silence(that novel nah die)

4) Chinua's No longer @ ease; Arrow Of God , evn Chike and the River.

5) Eze Goes To School (Another bomb) with its sequelae Eze Goes To College.

6) Great expectations by Charles Dickens. Less emotions though.

will come back for more
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by dollydolly(f): 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
Aksally: The Boy Slave and The Return of Shettima
One Week One Trouble and More Trouble for Willie
Efru
The Passport of Mallam Ilya
Burning Grass
Guy are u in my head? Dat 1 week 1 trouble is a bomb.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by convenantudoh(m): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Things fall apart by prof.Chinua Achebe[i][/i]
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
The Man Died by Wole Soyinka. But unfortunately the Nobel Laureate in Kenya said he had no intention of adapting any of his books for the screen when asked whether he would adapt his books for the screen. He complained that his book, "Kongi Harvest", which was adapted was given the true African interpretation.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
convenantudoh: Things fall apart by prof.Chinua Achebe
Things Fall Apart has been adapted as far back as the 1980s and featured Pete Edochie, Pete Eneh, Joe Layode, Nkem Owoh, David Ihesie, Justus Esiri, etc. It used to be a delight on NTA when I was growing up in the 1990s.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by 2jideofor(m): 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
My very first taste of novel was Africa Night Entertainment.

Thanks to the OP for this; I have been think of novels to read and this thread just gave me more than enought.... cheesy
adexsimply: that book is sooooooooo... a pity you cant get those kind of books in our bookshops anymore..nigeria is sooooo... sad sad sad..
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by dollydolly(f): 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
ngozievergreen:
oN POINT!
Cant bliv i cried @ two great points along the story - those times Ona was suffering at the husband's house and when she died in the village

furthermore, i remained emotional throughout my reading , still when i finished reading the novel, i felt malaise for many days, just from one fictional book o.

@ OP, buchi emecheta series, Joys of motherhood, 'Second class citizen' made me cry too(how person go marry that kind wicked husband) ,etc. Inshort, Buchi don punish me wella with her writing.

2) Flora Nwapa series esp One is Enough

3) Chukwemeka Ike series - Bottled Leopard and Conspiracy of silence(that novel nah die)

4) Chinua's No longer @ ease; Arrow Of God , evn Chike and the River.

5) Eze Goes To School (Another bomb) with its sequelae Eze Goes To College.

6) Great expectations by Charles Dickens. Less emotions though.

will come back for more
Ur list is damn complete.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by convenantudoh(m): 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
Things fall apart by prof. Chinua Achebe
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by convenantudoh(m): 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
Things fall apart by prof.Chinua Achebe,abi how do you see it?
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Uwakuwak(f): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
kaydee: The Passport of Mallam ilia
is like there is something i need to know about this book, people keep mentioning it.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
slimyem: Igbo Olodumare too and Irinkerindo ninu igbo Elegbeje.
Awesome books!!
Igodo abi na ogodo. one nollywood movie back then then was a poor copy of one of his books.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
kaydee: The Passport of Mallam ilia
loved this as well.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
micki83: Y'all are making me feel so nostalgic! I remember reading a lot of d books u guys hav listed and I'm like "damn...where did my childhood go?". I'd definitely luv to see "an african night's entertainment"...I wonder who they culd get to play d part of d beautiful lead female charater(don't remember her name,but d description of her beauty was so vivid in my mind...and d smell of d voodoo-perfume...) *sigh*
Looooooool
Her name is Zainab. I had pity on Abu. No be today men start to dey use charms/money collect the love of their fellow men. Cos Abu lost the girl to d rich Mallam Shehu, he went on an exile for 3yrs in a forest where he lost his left eye n right ear ; came bak from d exile and used charms on the son that Zainab got for the Mallam and d small boy became lunatic. and the story continues . Well, im beta pass many nollywood storylines sha.

All of u mentioning Things fall Apart, u na neva watch the movie or what??
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Fussbot: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
Lol..is it only me dat avn't read dis "things fall apart"of a novel??maybe I nid 2 go and get it..

Joys of motherhood wld dfntly be a great movie and it wn't cost much unless den wan show burma wia den go fight war..lol

The gods are not to blame 2

And d 1 I wld av loved most thankfully has bin done "OLEKU"...mehn..dos guys rili tried...dey even make d film sweet pass d novel..
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by nonjebose(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
SCOUNDRELS IN UNIFORM. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS AVE READ. VERY HILLARIOUS WITH PUNCHY LINES.ITS A MUST READ.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by ini4brandon(m): 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
adexsimply: EZE GOES TO SCHOOL
THE SECRET OF THE SHEIK
ECHOES OF MERCY
i read some nice books by Cyprian Ekwensi..but av forgotten most of the titles..i think nigeria has a problem with proper documentation of their books..you cant even google most of their books to search for author names and... angry angry
passport of mallam illa was great.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Blueboy0402: 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
There Was A Country --- By Chinua Achebe
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Magicdon(m): 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Looooooool
Her name is Zainab. I had pity on Abu. No be today men start to dey use charms/money collect the love of their fellow men. Cos Abu lost the girl to d rich Mallam Shehu, he went on an exile for 3yrs in a forest where he lost his left eye n right ear ; came bak from d exile and used charms on the son that Zainab got for the Mallam and d small boy became lunatic. and the story continues . Well, im beta pass many nollywood storylines sha.

All of u mentioning Things fall Apart, u na neva watch the movie or what??
dont mind dem mentioning "Things Fall Apart" As he they have not watched the movie in which Pete Edochie starred as Okonkwo
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
PURPLE HIBISCUS!!!!I really love that book.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by slimyem: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
saxywale:
Igodo abi na ogodo. one nollywood movie back then then was a poor copy of one of his books.
I didn't watch Igodo but given the usually poor Nollywood movies back then,i don't doubt how much of an insult the movie must have been to the book.
Besides,it would be better adapted in the yoruba language and i don't think any Nigerian production body can do it better than MAINFRAME.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by nonjebose(m): 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
AN AFRICAN NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT. EZE GOES TO COLLEGE.THE DRUMMER BOY.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by meforyou1(m): 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
Things Fall Apart is a already a movie. A series. I will prefer true life stories. Like the life of awolowo, or zik or ahmadu bello. Just like malcom x
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by joe1975: 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Sign up with Nigerian online marketplace for manufacturers, suppliers, importers, exporters and buyers. http://www.youandbuyer.com
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by Memphis357(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
adexsimply: that book is sooooooooo... a pity you cant get those kind of books in our bookshops anymore..nigeria is sooooo... sad sad sad..
Walahi,this country don finish pata pata.
I read every single one of those books. It's a pity our modern day authors don't write captivating stories like this anymore.
SMDH!!!!!
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by toluene12: 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
Fagunwa series:
aditu olodumare,
igbo olodumare- forest of god,
ireke onibudo,
irinkerindo ninu igbo elegbeje- expedition to the mountain of thought.
Then the king of them all; ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmole: forest of a thousand demon.
Attempt was made by yoruba nollywood to adapt some of fagunwa's works to screenplay, but the whole concept lacked creativity, and the outcome was bland, thus the idea was abandoned.
My other favourites include:

passport of mallam ilia- a very explosive book that tells a powerful story of love.

Behind the rising sun by S.O Mezu - an entirely objective witness account and one of the very few impartial books about the biafran war.
Re: Which Nigerian Book Would You Want Adapted Into A Movie? by nonjebose(m): 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
IT IS A GREAT PRIVILEDGE TO HAVE READ THESE BOOKS. HW TIMES HAV CHANGED.WITH THESE BOOKS U DONT NEED GLUED TO TV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board / Neo And Adekunle Fight Over Alcohol At Pool Party / Kate Henshaw Laughs Uncontrollably At A Contestant On Nigeria’s Got Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.