Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426120 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
wat all dis nonsense of new thread or not DAT is causing argument and insult here .... pls we all mature in one way or d other ... and don't let us rubbish dis site wit our own hand and let face d reality here.. also give OBATIDE chance to answer my question jaweeeee.... .. 2014 Loading
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tosinjoe(m): 10:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
I think d talkd abt new thread shuld b created, i feel it will b more explanatory and detailed, d welcome to America thread was/is good and helpful, buh it doesn't have so much attention anymore
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 12:11am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year to you all, may God grant us our hearts desires Amen
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 12:40am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy nu yr to all ma e-family! God will surely grant all our heart desires! Stay blessed and favoured ma lovely pple!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 2:32am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year to all my e-family. As you move into 2014, the blessings and the favour of the Lord shall distinguish us and make our path smooth IJN-amen. The purpose for our meeting shall not be in vain. God shall satisfy our dream of relocating to our land of promise and settle us early over there IJN - amen. I also want to use this medium to wish all those going for their visa interview this January God's favor and divine success IJN - amen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by agbeke17: 6:47am On Jan 01, 2014
Just as the hand of Lord was with Elijah that he ran to over take Ahab & his chariots (1Kings 18:44-46). So shall the hand of Lord be with you that you will excel above your contemporaries in finance, marital & in all area of success. Lots of Love from me&family. Happy New Year. Wishing you a fulfilling 2014.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 7:13am On Jan 01, 2014
This is wishing u all a very Happy and Prosperous New year. We made it...welcome aboard 2014. See u all at the TOP in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 7:49am On Jan 01, 2014
tosinjoe: I think d talkd abt new thread shuld b created, i feel it will b more explanatory and detailed, d welcome to America thread was/is good and helpful, buh it doesn't have so much attention anymore

It will get attention if you post on it.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 7:58am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New year 2014 everyone!
As regard creation of new thread or not. I've been reading everyone comments on this subject matter and my views is this.

(1) Flight booking
(2) Comprehensive list of what is expected to travel with
(3) Clothing and wears
(4) What of life and career in USA
(5) Driving procedure
(6) Issue of Hosts

The above listed subjects is what we plan to dealt with isn't it? Now I don't think we may need to create any thread cos all these issues had been dealt with on

https://www.nairaland.com/1058937/diversity-visa-immigrant-welcome-america

Of course I know item 1-2 wasn't discussed much there but we can continue from there. I know most guys in that thread all usually busy but we can continue our discussion there and they will come and chip in things at there free time don't forget they're more experience than us. No need to create any thread let just continue helping each other on that thread.

Justwise is the moderator ..he has already advised that we should read and continue with that thread. Let's make the thread lively back.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geogec: 8:03am On Jan 01, 2014
Yes oh!!! Is a new day, a new month, a new year! May the God release his unaccountable blessings for us, take us to the next levels and place us where he has designed for us to be this year in Jesus Name AMEN.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 8:05am On Jan 01, 2014
femishow2005: Happy New year 2014 everyone!
As regard creation of new thread or not. I've been reading everyone comments on this subject matter and my views is this.

(1) Flight booking
(2) Comprehensive list of what is expected to travel with
(3) Clothing and wears
(4) What of life and career in USA
(5) Driving procedure
(6) Issue of Hosts

The above listed subjects is what we plan to dealt with isn't it? Now I don't think we may need to create any thread cos all these issues had been dealt with on

https://www.nairaland.com/1058937/diversity-visa-immigrant-welcome-america

Of course I know item 1-2 wasn't discussed much there but we can continue from there. I know most guys in that thread all usually busy but we can continue our discussion there and they will come and chip in things at there free time don't forget they're more experience than us. No need to create any thread let just continue helping each other on that thread.

Justwise is the moderator ..he has already advised that we should read and continue with that thread. Let's make the thread lively back.

Cheers

Exactly my point!!, the same problem last year, so much noise were made about creating a new thread but after it was created and they all left for USA the thread was deserted, so its not going to happen again this year, we have to keep one thread for such purpose and keep it growing for everybody, no division.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by odewenwa: 8:16am On Jan 01, 2014
justwise:

...and it will be removed immediately, there is no positive side to it

Please can u give me the link that talks about preparing to leave for the US thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 8:27am On Jan 01, 2014
odewenwa:

Please can u give me the link that talks about preparing to leave for the US thanks

Ask that question here https://www.nairaland.com/1058937/diversity-visa-immigrant-welcome-america

People who went through the process will tell you how they did it.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 9:13am On Jan 01, 2014
justwise:

Ask that question here https://www.nairaland.com/1058937/diversity-visa-immigrant-welcome-america

Yes o let us all take our time and digest that thread cos it's still going to be source of information if we create a new thread and this is duplication. We can discuss flight bookings here too

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by penielnig(m): 9:51am On Jan 01, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]......Happy new year to all my NL E-family..our good God who favoured our members last year is ready to do same for us awaiting interviews this year..Surely,this is the year of SUPERNATURAL UPGRADE...thank you Jesus.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:11am On Jan 01, 2014
hadezanyah: Sowie my congratulatory message is coming rather late, haven't checked in here for over two weeks due to work. May the Almighty God that has made the journey this smooth be praised, may God in HIS abundance grace and favour continue to prosper your ways.

Congrat brow...pls join us here sharp sharp..my regard to ur family.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by odewenwa: 11:04am On Jan 01, 2014
justwise:

This thread talks about life in America and not preparing to go to America thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justdre(m): 11:14am On Jan 01, 2014
@ justwise let us all be brodaly in love wif each oda,u c u cant just delete any created source just because u ar d moderator,c pls since majority wants it pls let us have it cos it will b fresh and easy to follow,deleting that topic gives no meaning to me cos its uncalled for justwise pls let oba do it i beg u justwise its what we want....pls mister moderator
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 11:24am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New year to you ALL my friends and family on this forum, may the good Lord make 2014 a year of destiny fulfilment in all ramifications in the mighty name of Jesus.
Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. 2014; carry go, No Shaking.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:24am On Jan 01, 2014
odewenwa:

This thread talks about life in America and not preparing to go to America thanks

...and it also discusses many things OBATIDE listed, like i said before, ask your question in that thread, those who are in America now went through the process and will advice you, there is no need for a new thread as long as that thread still exist.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 11:25am On Jan 01, 2014
Mr. Justwise
Thanks for your contributions & moderation of the threads which have been a good source of Information that is helping us.
I quite understand your submission to the ongoing debate and I must even thank you for allowing such debate to see the light of the day.
However, the topic has been revised as suggested by forumites not to take care of only DV issues, hence:
Preparation for migration and settling down in the USA after Visa approval is adopted.
Without repeating what has been said earlier, the purpose of the one you referred us to is:
adesojiaderemi@:
When they first arrive, diversity visa immigrants face some natural barriers to full social and economic
integration. The gap between them and the rest of society narrows over time, however, as dv immigrants
and their beneficiaries entered The United state there are a thousands of questions on their mind; this thread is dedicated to post dv lottery questions and answers.

Whereby this one will bridge the gap between the two threads

If we talk of multiple threads, there wouldn’t be: 2014 Dv winners meet here because all what we are discussing here have been discussed in other threads before, but for relevance and update purpose, You created it and its working. Why don’t you allow for more sir? Or create it by yourself, I don’t mind and you will see how it will grow.(mind you, no thread can be everlasting but serves a purpose)

You can have my best assurance that it’s not about creating a class as you assumed, but to share and get prompt answers to questions asked by the concerned. I therefore appeal that you revisit your Decision sir.
To my fellow mates, pls let’s respect the person of Mr. Justwise and address the issue at hand only, remember that even within the house, we have earlier argued on the need for and against before agreement, so I see this as the next hurdle to cross. God bless us all

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2014
justdre: @ justwise let us all be brodaly in love wif each oda,u c u cant just delete any created source just because u ar d moderator,c pls since majority wants it pls let us have it cos it will b fresh and easy to follow,deleting that topic gives no meaning to me cos its uncalled for justwise pls let oba do it i beg u justwise its what we want....pls mister moderator

That is not a good reason to create another thread when we have one already.

Deleting a duplicated thread makes a lot of sense to me
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 11:46am On Jan 01, 2014
Adeboy007:
am still at my middle 20s DAT is 25yrs.
I am pretty Single
I wrote my First Waec May/June 2010
my second waec (GCE) Nov/Dec 2012.
CN: 165**

So sorry for taking long to reply as a result of developments on the thread.
following the last reply, You still have time to prepare, mind you the interview is not like writing JAMB, most time they test your boldness.
If you are asked question on Area you are not vast with, you can politely shift the attetion of the CO by simple explanation.
Hope it helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justdre(m): 11:52am On Jan 01, 2014
justwise:

That is not a good reason to create another thread when we have one already.

Deleting a duplicated thread makes a lot of sense to me

Oga just wise abeg revisit ur decision oh cos dis tin is what we forumite want n NL is created for us n if dis is what we want y not give it to us cos to some of us nw u ar using feto power on us ooo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:55am On Jan 01, 2014
Obatide: Mr. Justwise
Thanks for your contributions & moderation of the threads which have been a good source of Information that is helping us.
I quite understand your submission to the ongoing debate and I must even thank you for allowing such debate to see the light of the day.
However, the topic has been revised as suggested by forumites not to take care of only DV issues, hence:
Preparation for migration and settling down in the USA after Visa approval is adopted.
Without repeating what has been said earlier, the purpose of the one you referred us to is:

Whereby this one will bridge the gap between the two threads

If we talk of multiple threads, there wouldn’t be: 2014 Dv winners meet here because all what we are discussing here have been discussed in other threads before, but for relevance and update purpose, You created it and its working. Why don’t you allow for more sir? Or create it by yourself, I don’t mind and you will see how it will grow.(mind you, no thread can be everlasting but serves a purpose)

You can have my best assurance that it’s not about creating a class as you assumed, but to share and get prompt answers to questions asked by concerned. I therefore appeal that you revisit your Decision sir.
To my fellow mates, pls let’s respect the person of Mr. Justwise and address the issue at hand only, remember that even within the house, we have earlier argued on the need for and against before agreement, so I see this as the next hurdle to cross. God bless us all

The common denominator from people who want the new thread to be created is that they want..'their own' thread and i detest that impression.

Regarding Preparation for migration and settling down in the USA after Visa approval as a thread, the second part of that title...and settling down in the USA after Visa approval has already been discussed in that thread and the first part...Preparation for migration can only be advised by people in that thread because they have gone through the process and got more knowledge in that aspect than me and you.

There is no need for another thread dealing with those subject areas because we have a thread that can accommodate that already.

I'm not bothered about creates thread here in travel section as long as the thread adds something new to what we have already.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:56am On Jan 01, 2014
justdre:

Oga just wise abeg revisit ur decision oh cos dis tin is what we forumite want n NL is created for us n if dis is what we want y not give it to us cos to some of us nw u ar using feto power on us ooo

Call it whatever you want.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year of abundance favour and turnarounds to d Aoz.

plz, on the issue of new thread, I beg that's not d main reasons we are all here. before you know it d love ,interest and supports here will be distabilized if care is not taken. plz, instead we should by now attending to needy and to pple awaiting interview pls. some of us did not aware of d existing thread before, we can go back there and make it lively and actualize the reasons and make it elaborate. Buh I think new one would be fresh and united. it doesn't overwrite old one,we still refers to 2013 dv winners forum, So notin spoil. ( old testament n New testament are beneficial.

Na who get Visa go start de prepare go America . One Luv

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
justwise:

...and it also discusses many things OBATIDE listed, like i said before, ask your question in that thread, those who are in America now went through the process and will advice you, there is no need for a new thread as long as that thread still exist.

justwise:

tosinjoe: I think d talkd abt new thread shuld b created, i feel it will b more explanatory and detailed, d welcome to America thread was/is good and helpful, buh it doesn't have so much attention anymore

coop: Happy new year of abundance favour and turnarounds to d Aoz.

plz, on the issue of new thread, I beg that's not d main reasons we are all here. before you know it d love ,interest and supports here will be distabilized if care is not taken. plz, instead we should by now attending to needy and to pple awaiting interview pls. some of us did not aware of d existing thread before, we can go back there and make it lively and actualize the reasons and make it elaborate. Buh I think new one would be fresh and united. it doesn't overwrite old one,we still refers to 2013 dv winners forum, So notin spoil. ( old testament n New testament are beneficial.

Na who get Visa go start de prepare go America . One Luv

justwise:

Preparation for migration can only be advised by people in that thread because they have gone through the process and got more knowledge in that aspect than me and you.

I'm not bothered about creates thread here in travel section as long as the thread adds something new to what we have already.
@Justwise: Do these make any meaning to you?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
Obatide:

Do these make any meaning to you?

Be specific, which of the posts because you quoted mine as well.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
exteababa:
1. i will advice u not to carry any food at all, cos of immigration checks, not only at lagos but at your point of entry, most white folks dont know anything about our african food, and i bet u dont want any wahala....and most of these foods are here in african stores. there garri, dried fish, poundo, anytn u want. save yourself of immigration trouble and heavy luggage .
2. its winter already and its very cold, so get your boot, winter jacket, head warmer as jjc u can get gloves too cos u dont want to get sick atall, medical bills here is just too high. get thick long socks too. ALSO expect cold in your aircraft
3. career in USA, number 1 is any course thats medical 2. IT courses 3. Engineering, then others follow..........
4. driving procedure, i you have naija DL go with it, it may save you some money and test. if not your host will direct you to a DDS office where u will get your manual free, before you can do a road test u will need your SSN and state ID ( requirements vary from state to state) and immigration documents. you will do a computer test first then if u pass u will do a road test.
5. my dad is my host so am at home. but 1 thing about hosts is, here in USA, everybody bears his/her cross. so over dependence on a host can lead to 'throw out'. you can assist in paying some lil bills such as water, cable, electricity........etc, based on your capacity. but be smart, the more money u put down the more you host may depend on you too.
6.flight booking. i did direct flight with delta airlines and it was just smooth. remember to keep your brown envelop in u hand luggage, bring it out at your point of entry so they can know your 'special immigrant' wink and give you due service
last advice. be ready to come to USA only when u are ready, i.e be ready to study immediately you land or be ready to work, no room for 'iranu'
WELCOME TO AMERICA!
Thank you for these informations.
God bless you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
pjogutum1: Pls. Come with your money to the US, even if you are going to stay with your parent or relation, because they can wakeup one day and ask you to leave, lts no joke. For family people with two children or more leave your family behind and come first accept you have up to $4000 on you to pay six months rent or you and your family will regret why you came to the US everybody here is crazy remember,Americans do not keep people in their homes. If not that I had money on me, i and my family would have been outside by now but thank God we got a one bedroom apartment in Dallas. Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance as you join us in the United States of America to fulfill your dreams, thanks and God bless you all. Prince reporting from Dallas Texas.
Thank you for preparing my mind for the worst that culd happen.
Especially some of us going there to put-up with friends in the main time before we settle down
This is real food for thought.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by samolaniyi: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
My peep,pls let's leave the issue of creating a new thread for now in order not to create division among us,becasue i can see what is coming up ahead.While some are clamouring for new thread and some are against it,and these is causing an unhealthy atmosphere here.
Let forget about the bone of contention and burry the hachet.This is a special period o! AD2014.This is the time to rejoice,because God spare us to see 2014.

Let's visit the old thread for now and make something out it.I believe we can make it work and lively if we all contribute toward its growth.This is just my humble opinion.Shalom.HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.