Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (435895 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
ademlabi: I am a lottery winner DV2014 but am yet send my nformation to KCC, when is the deadline precisely? I hope i am not late to send the info?? i need your response please.
Congratulations.
Please take a little time to read the thread from the begining to know the processes and avoid errors that some of us made.
Feel free to ask aditional questions pls.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Obatide: Happy Last Sunday of year 2013 and as we enter the year 2014, I pray for more Favor for Visa approval and other goodies from God..
Pls, I would like us to extend our discussions to ‘Life after successful interview’.
Flight booking; how do we book at cheaper rate? I do visit wakanow.com, Flight experience, stop-over, luggage allowance and other experiences
Comprehensive list of what is expected to travel with: Such as the kind of food stuff (dried fish, dried locust beans, poundo yam etc)

Clothing and wears; Pull-over, booths etc.

What of life and career in USA? I’m aware that IT, Health sector and others thrive there.

Driving procedure: Importance of Driving, Process, Driving manual, exams etc.

Issue of Hosts; over dependence on hosts which do go sour especially if ones host is a blood relation while some hosts want their guest to follow their steps, even when you are more informed and the Host might not be vast on internet, So how do one manage? (I thank GOD for mine, who is an IT expert)
Other relevant information that may help pls
Let the discussions continue as I say A Happy new Year

or should I create a thread for this? Your advice pls

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by fancywendy(m): 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
[/color][color=#006600][quote author=Obatide]
or should I create a thread for this? Your advice pls[/quote
Good day Mr. Obatide,
There is no need for creating another thread, I think some of the 2013 winners are still with us on this thread,we just need to get them involved by sharing with us their experience as regards to the issue you raised. I know for one reason or the other some of them may be busy but they should try & share the Goodies to us, thanks.
Regards to your family.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by agbeke17: 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Obatide:
@obatide pls do.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by fancywendy(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
@OBATíDE.
Good day Mr. Obatide,
There is no need for creating another thread, I think some of the 2013 winners are still with us on this thread,we just need to get them involved by sharing with us their experience as regards to the issue you raised. I know for one reason or the other some of them may be busy but they should try & share the Goodies to us, thanks.
Regards to your family.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
ademlabi: I am a lottery winner DV2014 but am yet send my nformation to KCC, when is the deadline precisely? I hope i am not late to send the info?? i need your response please.

plz, don't waste time on sending d forms, but be diligent to fill d correct infos, cox updating will cause you time .Congrats
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Obatide:

Bro, in my own view . I think it's better tocreate another thread for d discussion.
1. it will reduce d longer pages of diz forum
2. for better understanding of d new issues
3. in oder not to divert d attension or overwrite d main reason of this thread
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by alabi4good(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
My girlfriend won the lottery..she initially filled in single as her status but now that she confirmed that she won,we both decided to get married.. What are the implications of changing it her status to married while filling the 122 and 232 forms?? Please,I need your advice NL
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Obatide: Happy Last Sunday of year 2013 and as we enter the year 2014, I pray for more Favor for Visa approval and other goodies from God..
Pls, I would like us to extend our discussions to ‘Life after successful interview’.
Flight booking; how do we book at cheaper rate? I do visit wakanow.com, Flight experience, stop-over, luggage allowance and other experiences
Comprehensive list of what is expected to travel with: Such as the kind of food stuff (dried fish, dried locust beans, poundo yam etc)

What of life and career in USA? I’m aware that IT, Health sector and others thrive there.

Issue of Hosts; over dependence on hosts which do go sour especially if ones host is a blood relation while some hosts want their guest to follow their steps, even when you are more informed and the Host might not be vast on internet, So how do one manage? (I thank GOD for mine, who is an IT expert)

Obatide:
Good evening to you and to everyone. Trust we all went to church today (#lastsunday2013). Obatide, in response to your quoted post, ‘Life after successful interview’ I really commend you in seeking opinion in creating a thread. As you know, you have the freedom to creating thread except duplicate thread without seeking our opinion, if you remember a day we were chatting, I told you you have a good heart because of something you told me. I will categorically state it here without fear or favour that indeed, you have a good heart for doing that. Again, in creating another thread to extend discussions on the following listed below:
Flight booking
Comprehensive list of what is expected to travel with
Clothing and wears
What of life and career in USA
Driving procedure
Issue of Hosts
I think there is already a thread that has really exhausted it (click here), I think doing this will mean we the DV2014 wants to have our own which is not bad too. I think there are wealth of information and experience there) which is an encyclopaedia in its own. Those guys there especially adesojiaderemi@ has so much experience that they are willing to share.
So I don't know if creating another thread would mean a duplicate but I applaud your efforts. Others can contribute.

Peace!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by hadezanyah: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sowie my congratulatory message is coming rather late, haven't checked in here for over two weeks due to work. May the Almighty God that has made the journey this smooth be praised, may God in HIS abundance grace and favour continue to prosper your ways.

Obatide: Good day my people, thank you all for your prayers, encouragements, supports and every other thing I can’t mention because of space. I was overwhelmed with the encomium and the way you celebrated us, May ALMIGHTY GOD repay you in many folds beyond your imaginations. On the thread here, my whatsapp, BBM, series of phone calls, I know it’s only God that can appreciate you, you gave me and every other members (now and future), reasons to do more.
On behalf of my family, we say a big thank you
Merry Xmas and happy New Year

Appreciation
To God ALMIGHTY, whose Glory cannot be shared with anybody, we say thank you sir
Im specially grateful to the following people (Batch one):
Sendtodeji, Malcolm28, okeymen, seubis, ItyRoyal, Kevwe-flex, baba-ajala, femishow2005, G2Glory, Roodboy, timimoyegun, candytos, XYZZ, odewenwa, TCPonly, buklan4real@yah, lagbabe, lagdude, mr-Rule, Apex555, justdre, kaybaba65, firewami, fancywendy, Madu77, daudsmart, komakan, bamidelealayo, gokman4u,adeboy007, temmytanny and friend - Gentiger, olutola1, amedino, atandaishola794, rantileye, Godsspeed, westcodes, akingenge, onye-baresi, Adesojiaderemi, Leripa, agbeke17, darmhee, chinny2014, akiayo, kennex89, coop, sayonara01, geogec, bukiemma, samolaniyi, penielnig, elena22, Leripa, doublegold, thuyahky, gius idowu, pipsland78, jollywin, ukemeglitter, justwise(the moderator) God bless you all.

Very special thanks to The Visa Officer on https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me and seun osewa (the brain behind Nairaland) God bless you the more

The making of our America Project:
It all started on October 23, 2012 when the four of us in the family as of then, entered for the lottery.
I checked mine on May 1, 2013 and was not selected, and then on May 4th, I checked my lovely First Lady’s status and discovered we have been selected for further processing.
At this point, we had no idea of the processes; hence, I started searching Google for resources and later found NAIRALAND 2013 & 2014 threads, which signified the new era.
Twice in that Month of May, I mailed KCC, requesting for additional information and medium of submission of our documents, they replied that both hard and soft copy are acceptable (detail posted sometime ago in one of my responses)
On June 4, 2013, we finally sent our forms via e-mail to kccdv@state.gov (note that we updated twice after this). We were current in November’s bulletin for interview on December 23, 2013 for 7am.
We received our 2nd NL on October 18, a day after birth of our new baby-Princess. We notified the embassy and invited them for naming, to my greatest surprise, replies received in both my mail and VO’s thread were word for words, then the waiting game continues as I always pray for easiest interview which came to pass on the 23rd.

Documentations:
I practiced what I always advice on the thread, we secured all documents before October, except for the new baby that was done after her birth in that month. Medicals and Police Certificate (#2500) were done on December 12th, this enable us to relax a bit.

The ‘D’ Day.
We lodged in a 20minutes drive location close to the embassy, got to the embassy around 5:40am.
Did all necessary security check as you are all aware of, paid the total sum of #272,500.00 being processing fee.
Window 17 called for documentations, to my surprise, the woman seeing us for the first time asked a familiar question/statement which Looks like those people are spy on NL (can’t ascertain though,so don’t quote me)
Then around 9am, the white Lady called us at window 14 for the real thing
CO: Good morning ma’am
We: Good morning and how was your night?
Co: very ….., thank you
We: Merry Xmas and she responded as well
Then Finger prints for both of us.
CO: raise your right hand and …………(swearing)
We: we do
After this, I lifted my first son (whose name is of one of America president’s name, to say Good morning to her) she called his name, and the laughing began, then the second son did the same and I was joking with her that, the new baby want to say Hi too, then laugh again.
CO: turned to my wife and asked, what’s your highest qualification?
My first Lady: AAAAAAA
CO: when did u finished
My first Lady: AAAAAAA
CO: She’s typing and was explaining that she think my wifey does not performed to her best in her first result, that’s why she submitted the second one
My first Lady: Yes
Me: I said ‘As if you know’ and she laughs again.
While I was trying to carry my children, who are playing around, she said your VISA is approved smiling and the rest of pick up infos. & we say thank you and God bless America
That’s it oooooooooooooooooooo, it was just like a chat

Till now, we are still thanking GOD
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Obatide:
Yes sir,creating a new thread will be a perfect idea.
Compliments of the season.
God bless

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 6:32am On Dec 30, 2013
@ obatide u hv don great. But in my own opition plz do nt creat another tred bcs if u do. (1) u will led sum ppl away or astray frm this our own tread. 2) it wil b a duplication of tread in which new ppl on dis tread will nt knw abut it bcs they dnt knw u hv created dem, plz mr obatide any infomation u feel is vital drop dem here wit hyper link if needed so that evey body here must go thru it y reading d post evry body posted, plz do nt . I dnt knw if my CN is too high, 14***, is there any body wit cn above my own or iam d last born. Pateint dog is my name, hapy new yr!!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by skfa1: 6:47am On Dec 30, 2013
skfa1: Unfortunately,I have not been selected. I still wana say thank you Jesus!

I wasnt selected but I entered US with visa finally, thank you Jesus. I will always say thank you Jesus.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 7:38am On Dec 30, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Good evening to you and to everyone. Trust we all went to church today (#lastsunday2013). Obatide, in response to your quoted post, ‘Life after successful interview’ I really commend you in seeking opinion in creating a thread. As you know, you have the freedom to creating thread except duplicate thread without seeking our opinion, if you remember a day we were chatting, I told you you have a good heart because of something you told me. I will categorically state it here without fear or favour that indeed, you have a good heart for doing that. Again, in creating another thread to extend discussions on the following listed below:
Flight booking
Clothing and wears
Driving procedure
Issue of Hosts
I think there is already a thread that has really exhausted it (click here), I think doing this will mean we the DV2014 wants to have our own which is not bad too. I think there are wealth of information and experience there) which is an encyclopaedia in its own. Those guys there especially adesojiaderemi@ has so much experience that they are willing to share.
So I don't know if creating another thread would mean a duplicate but I applaud your efforts. Others can contribute.

Peace!

Greetings!

Adesojiaderemi thread centered on people who are already in the US. While DV 2013 thread got to 867 pages was because those above subjects were discussed. I'll suggest another thread is created cos I've not seen any thread that has highlighted to subjects so no issue of duplication of what so ever. Discussing it here will somehow deviate the purpose of the thread resulting in a kinda of mix up.
My Opinion tho ...Cheers
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 7:43am On Dec 30, 2013
Obatide:
Obatide. I dont think there is a need to create another thread. This thread is so important you can share whatever ideas here. Many pple still need YOU and KEVWE service here and other gurus. KI ADE PE LORI OO!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by fancywendy(m): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2013
Cyprian kosiso: @ obatide u hv don great. But in my own opition plz do nt creat another tred bcs if u do. (1) u will led sum ppl away or astray frm this our own tread. 2) it wil b a duplication of tread in which new ppl on dis tread will nt knw abut it bcs they dnt knw u hv created dem, plz mr obatide any infomation u feel is vital drop dem here wit hyper link if needed so that evey body here must go thru it y reading d post evry body posted, plz do nt . I dnt knw if my CN is too high, 14***, is there any body wit cn above my own or iam d last born. Pateint dog is my name, hapy new yr!!!!
Happy Last monday of the year Brother.
Relax your mind which ever day you are call upon for the interview the grace and favour of God is with you.
My CN is 16***and we still have someone that is CN is above 20***, So work on your necessary Documents and begging to save money.Good luck.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by fancywendy(m): 7:56am On Dec 30, 2013
My cousin is a paramilitary officer and he as gone through some military training in here in Nigeria,is also one of the 2014 Dv winner , so is interested in working over there as Navy or military officer but His concern now is that is 35years old. He needs advice.@ DADDY KELLY and from other experienced people living in the state.
Happy New years in Advance .
Rgds.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by fancywendy(m): 7:57am On Dec 30, 2013
My cousin is a paramilitary officer and he as gone through some military training in here in Nigeria,is also one of the 2014 Dv winner , so is interested in working over there as Navy or military officer but His concern now is that is 35years old. He needs advice.@OBATíde and from other experienced people living in the state.
Happy New years in Advance .
Peace.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2013
fancywendy:
Happy Last monday of the year Brother.
Relax your mind which ever day you are call upon for the interview the grace and favour of God is with you.
My CN is 16***and we still have someone that is CN is above 20***, So work on your necessary Documents and begging to save money.Good luck.
Nice talk! Mine is 16xxx too.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dixon4u(m): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2013
Please forumites, how long does it take to get ones visa package after interview? i was told it is after 5 working days. i had my succesful interview on the 18th of this month and i'm yet to receive any info from GSS.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2013
wow!!! its good to be back again
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2013
dixon4u: Please forumites, how long does it take to get ones visa package after interview? i was told it is after 5 working days. i had my succesful interview on the 18th of this month and i'm yet to receive any info from GSS.

Ur Visa parkage sld be ready by now but taking d festivity into consideration
I'll advise u hold on till after 1st of January.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by fancywendy(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2013
dixon4u: Please forumites, how long does it take to get ones visa package after interview? i was told it is after 5 working days. i had my succesful interview on the 18th of this month and i'm yet to receive any info from GSS.

Good day my brother, You are right pick up of package is 5 working day. I think the V.O must have told you on the interview's day where to pick up your Visa package,may be because of the holiday you experience delay. otherwise if there still delay on or before first week January 2014 please contact LagosIV@state.gov
Hope it helps.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2013

@Obatide: first of all i want to thank you for this ingenuity....the mere fact that you are thinking ahead shows you have the welfare of our people at heart. however, i must say that i love the opinions of my fellow forumites. the ones for and the ones against creating a new thread. But let's attempt to marry the two schools of thought in these summaries....
1. the forumites that don't want a new thread are saying so because they don't want to miss out from the rich experience of others that have scaled thru interview and would be more concerned with the issues Obatide raised. in other words, they still prefer every info/forumites here as one family without diversion of attention and focus.
2. those that want a new thread created are also saying so not because they want to get out of this thread...but because they want the originality of this thread preseverved, and the focus to remain helping forumites out with interview preparations and success.

My Opinion:
1. We cannot overemphasis the usefulness of this thread to the several DV winners so this thread with all contributors should remain until the last forumite is interviewed successfully.
2. the suggested thread may be created to address those very important issues raised in Obatide's write up while we are still here. it will help eliminate unnecessary mix up and confusion if it is created to discuss different issues and also serve as a forum that would still unite us after 2014 immigrants have all moved to the States.
3. i want to make a special plea not just to Obatide but to all other forumites especially those that have successfully had their interviews not to abandon this thread for those of us that are yet to be current. Let the new thread be like a resource centre where we go and get specific info about any post interview need..............it's just my opinion!

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
ukemeglitter: wow!!! its good to be back again

Welcome back @Ukemeglitter....Compliments of the season.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
ItyRoyal:

@Obatide: first of all i want to thank you for this ingenuity....the mere fact that you are thinking ahead shows you have the welfare of our people at heart. however, i must say that i love the opinions of my fellow forumites. the ones for and the ones against creating a new thread. But let's attempt to marry the two schools of thought in these summaries....
1. the forumites that don't want a new thread are saying so because they don't want to miss out from the rich experience of others that have scaled thru interview and would be more concerned with the issues Obatide raised. in other words, they still prefer every info/forumites here as one family without diversion of attention and focus.
2. those that want a new thread created are also saying so not because they want to get out of this thread...but because they want the originality of this thread preseverved, and the focus to remain helping forumites out with interview preparations and success.

My Opinion:
1. We cannot overemphasis the usefulness of this thread to the several DV winners so this thread with all contributors should remain until the last forumite is interviewed successfully.
2. the suggested thread may be created to address those very important issues raised in Obatide's write up while we are still here. it will help eliminate unnecessary mix up and confusion if it is created to discuss different issues and also serve as a forum that would still unite us after 2014 immigrants have all moved to the States.
3. i want to make a special plea not just to Obatide but to all other forumites especially those that have successfully had their interviews not to abandon this thread for those of us that are yet to be current. Let the new thread be like a resource centre where we go and get specific info about any post interview need..............it's just my opinion!
Infact, your analysis is very okay but which side are you in support? As U hv rightly said and to my point of view we should maintain dis thread so that it won't be abandoned to d new one. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Flight booking
Clothing and wears
Driving procedure
Issue of Hosts

Peace!
nice 1 by Obatide,u are always thinking ahead.I have checked the thread kevwe talked about nd I think it's a good 1 to join,it's a good place for jjc like us to read thru nd learn from.Obatide,if in ur own volition u wish to open anoda thread,all good,just broadcast the link to us,ideas are never too much,but I believe that Adesojiaderemi's thread is a nice piece.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
komakan: Infact, your analysis is very okay but which side are you in support? As U hv rightly said and to my point of view we should maintain dis thread so that it won't be abandoned to d new one. Goodluck!

thanks @komakan: but the answer to your question is in my opinion no. 2 & 3. i'm very much in support of the current thread being maintained but it will cause a lot of mix up and loss of focus if those post interview issues are discussed here.....so for that reason i am also in support that the new thread be opened to discuss these post interview issues. i'm my opinion is clear?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
Cyprian kosiso: @ obatide u hv don great. But in my own opition plz do nt creat another tred bcs if u do. (1) u will led sum ppl away or astray frm this our own tread. 2) it wil b a duplication of tread in which new ppl on dis tread will nt knw abut it bcs they dnt knw u hv created dem, plz mr obatide any infomation u feel is vital drop dem here wit hyper link if needed so that evey body here must go thru it y reading d post evry body posted, plz do nt . I dnt knw if my CN is too high, 14***, is there any body wit cn above my own or iam d last born. Pateint dog is my name, hapy new yr!!!!

@Cyprian kosiso: compliments of the season! you did not say if you have forwarded your documents to KCC? anyway, like fancywendy and komakan have said....you have nothing to worry about your case number....there are others with higher CN than yours. mine too is 16*** so just make sure you use this time to prepare all your documents and save plenty of money. you will definitely need to be handy before you settle down in the US. i hope your mind is calmed now?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
gokman4u:
I dnt need to be bothered,make good use of what is currently available to you.
In my own opinion,the two most important thing to consider when taking decision on accomodatn as a new immigrant in the US are:
1. The crime rate (gun violence etc) in that particular state
Which means,how safe is the state?. You don't wanna live in a state with high rate of gun violence.
2. How channel and effective is public transportation system.
This determines hw u move around even wen u eventually get a job.
Believe me,these 2 factors come first & very important.
You can easily relocate later @least after you must have settled down a bit.
In my case,I was initially bothered about New jersey bcoz of the high rate of accommodation but after I did some research about the state I understand the reasons behind it considering its proximity to new york,the industrial strength of the state,fairly good weather within the east coast,tourism etc.
So consider those points & research about the two choices presented before you before making your decision.
Hope am helpful?

@All.....these and such similar issues as sighted by gokman4u are what i feel that should be exaustively discussed in the new thread that has been suggested by Obatide....in my opinion though
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
ItyRoyal:

thanks @komakan: but the answer to your question is in my opinion no. 2 & 3. i'm very much in support of the current thread being maintained but it will cause a lot of mix up and loss of focus if those post interview issues are discussed here.....so for that reason i am also in support that the new thread be opened to discuss these post interview issues. i'm my opinion is clear?
Anyway, I can see many pple prefered d idea of new thread. Lets give a trial, may God be with us.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
komakan: Anyway, I can see many pple prefered d idea of new thread. Lets give a trial, may God be with us.

amen bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.