Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426297 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 10:44am On Dec 31, 2013
Obatide: Greeting to Everybody
Thanks for the intelligent we have all displayed to analyze one of my posts, I duly appreciate both reactions, at least, it makes people to contribute and share their honest feeling, God bless us all.
In summary
1. It shows we are all one big family and need more information to succeed on this journey whilst keeping in touch as mates even in America.
2. Those who argued against creation of the new thread, said so not to abandon this current one while those in support share that too, but in addition, they considered rules guiding posting on Nl as well.
What prompts me to suggest a thread for ‘that’ purpose are:
I Observed that
1. Most of members who have had their visas approved are not that active on the thread unlike their activities before interview except very few of them. Do u notice that too?
2. This thread, ‘2014 Dv winners meet here’ deals with necessary process needed to have a successful interview
3. The thread; ‘Diversity visa immigrant? Welcome to America’ contains information we need after arriving America (I have been a regular poster there too, pls read). Hence, the stage between Successful approval of visa and Arrival in USA has not been comprehensively discussed like the two mentioned threads.
4. Most of 2013 people do try their best to assist on information there but work don’t give them that total freedom as in my personal chat with some of them to ensure they contribute regularly on 2014 thread, you will hear something like ‘You wouldn’t understand until you get here, because time is money here in America, but I do reply those who mailed memy concern is what happen to people who don’t have their mail or social medial handle but need such info too?
5. There is need to graduate the processes, which I believe will keep us together. Say
a. 2014 Dv winners meet here; process towards interview
b. Yet to be created thread; planning Migration after successful Interview
c. Diversity visa immigrant? Welcome to America; settling down in USA
My submission
1. I appeal and promise that this thread will not suffer as a result of graduated process
2. Having a graduated process will bond us together the more and give each segment a full sense of belonging
3. There will not be deviation from Subject matters of each thread; hence NL rule will be kept.
Conclusion
I have no inferior motive behind creation of the thread and don’t think NL pays those who have created topics before, so my motive is to enable us rub mind together on every stage of the process to avoid extortions and exploitations by Agents.
Therefore, I suggest that if anybody could edit this topic; ‘Preparation for Migration after Diversity visa Approval’ before it’s finally created, I will appreciate it.

Thanks and Wishing you all a Happy and Properous Year 2014!

Thanks for this exhautive exposition....i give it to you that you are a true leader....thanks for not imposing a new thread on us but seeking the opinion and carrying everyone along. like i said in my earlier post on the subject matter, i do believe that creating a new thread to handle specific topics like the suggested one will not only fine tune our focus but will also bond us together even after we have all arrived America. Having said this, i suggest that Obatide can go ahead to create the new thread and make an elaborate publicity on the other relevant threads so that members will be fully aware of this thread and make their contributions and share their much coveted experiences with the forumites here.

@Obatide: since majority has accepted the creation of a new thread....please go ahead and adopt the topic you have suggested because it passes the message across to even a novice....truth is if you leave the topic for all forumites to edit or suggest....we may find ourselves in another dilemma. my good friend @komakan was the first to react to this post and he has also suggested a sound topic so by the time everyone of us will suggest, it might cause another logjam on which topic to name the new thread.....so my opinion is adopt "PREPARATION FOR MIGRATION AFTER DIVERSITY VISA APPROVAL!"

My plea however....let all active members of this thread whose visas have been approved not abandon this thread please.

god bless us as i wish everyone a wonderful new year ahead.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2013
Happy 2014 in Advance :-all

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
exteababa:
1. i will advice u not to carry any food at all, cos of immigration checks, not only at lagos but at your point of entry, most white folks dont know anything about our african food, and i bet u dont want any wahala....and most of these foods are here in african stores. there garri, dried fish, poundo, anytn u want. save yourself of immigration trouble and heavy luggage .
2. its winter already and its very cold, so get your boot, winter jacket, head warmer as jjc u can get gloves too cos u dont want to get sick atall, medical bills here is just too high. get thick long socks too. ALSO expect cold in your aircraft
3. career in USA, number 1 is any course thats medical 2. IT courses 3. Engineering, then others follow..........
4. driving procedure, i you have naija DL go with it, it may save you some money and test. if not your host will direct you to a DDS office where u will get your manual free, before you can do a road test u will need your SSN and state ID ( requirements vary from state to state) and immigration documents. you will do a computer test first then if u pass u will do a road test.
5. my dad is my host so am at home. but 1 thing about hosts is, here in USA, everybody bears his/her cross. so over dependence on a host can lead to 'throw out'. you can assist in paying some lil bills such as water, cable, electricity........etc, based on your capacity. but be smart, the more money u put down the more you host may depend on you too.
6.flight booking. i did direct flight with delta airlines and it was just smooth. remember to keep your brown envelop in u hand luggage, bring it out at your point of entry so they can know your 'special immigrant' wink and give you due service
last advice. be ready to come to USA only when u are ready, i.e be ready to study immediately you land or be ready to work, no room for 'iranu'
WELCOME TO AMERICA!

I Love this.
NICE INFO. BRO
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by samolaniyi: 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
ItyRoyal:

@Thanks for this exhautive exposition....i give it to you that you are a true leader....thanks for not imposing a new thread on us but seeking the opinion and carrying everyone along. like i said in my earlier post on the subject matter, i do believe that creating a new thread to handle specific topics like the suggested one will not only fine tune our focus but will also bond us together even after we have all arrived America. Having said this, i suggest that Obatide can go ahead to create the new thread and make an elaborate publicity on the other relevant threads so that members will be fully aware of this thread and make their contributions and share their much coveted experiences with the forumites here.

@Obatide: since majority has accepted the creation of a new thread....please go ahead and adopt the topic you have suggested because it passes the message across to even a novice....truth is if you leave the topic for all forumites to edit or suggest....we may find ourselves in another dilemma. my good friend @komakan was the first to react to this post and he has also suggested a sound topic so by the time everyone of us will suggest, it might cause another logjam on which topic to name the new thread.....so my opinion is adopt "PREPARATION FOR MIGRATION AFTER DIVERSITY VISA APPROVAL!"

My plea however....let all active members of this thread whose visas have been approved not abandon this thread please.

god bless us as i wish everyone a wonderful new year ahead.

This is my own suggestion on the topic to be used.If we decide to use PREPARATION FOR MIGRATION AFTER DIVERSITY VISA APPROVAL,we will be limiting the contribution to travelling to US only,but if we use elaborate topic like:LIFE IN USA.it will cover travelling and other aspect of our lives in US.Any other topic that covers the total diversity like travelling,departure,arrival and continous stay in US would be fine.This is just my opinion not a compulsion.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
samolaniyi:

This is my own suggestion on the topic to be used.If we decide to use PREPARATION FOR MIGRATION AFTER DIVERSITY VISA APPROVAL,we will be limiting the contribution to travelling to US only,but if we use elaborate topic like:LIFE IN USA.it will cover travelling and other aspect of our lives in US.Any other topic that covers the total diversity like travelling,departure,arrival and continous stay in US would be fine.This is just my opinion not a compulsion.
LIFE IN AMERICA doesn't pass a message on what we are about to do. It signifies only what is happening in America. I guess we should go along with Obatide according to ITYROYAL. Pls I didnt condemn ur initiative, we are just trying to brainstorm.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by samolaniyi: 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
komakan: LIFE IN AMERICA doesn't pass a message on what we are about to do. It signifies only what is happening in America. I guess we should go along with Obatide according to ITYROYAL. Pls I dont condemn ur initiative, we are just trying to brainstorm.

You are right.i do agree with you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
robonski16:

Thanks for ur prompt response.. Lastly where can I do the NPC, police report, and medicals.. Thanks a million..

If you are in Lagos, the NPC offfice is at Babs Animashaun Surulere,
Police Cert is @ the Police Head-Quaters Alagbon, Ikoyi Lagos.

For Medicals, I'll advise you hold on to like 2weeks to your interview date
bcus of its expiry tag. When the time comes; you can try one of this two-
Children Practise ikoyi or Life support Clinic same @
Ikoyi I guess.

Hope this helps.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
@ Obatide, ‘Preparation for Migration after Diversity visa Approval’ this is direct and I'm
in support of this topic.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by robonski15(m): 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
timimoyegun:

If you are in Lagos, the NPC offfice is at Babs Animashaun Surulere,
Police Cert is @ the Police Head-Quaters Alagbon, Ikoyi Lagos.

For Medicals, I'll advise you hold on to like 2weeks to your interview date
bcus of its expiry tag. When the time comes; you can try one of this two-
Children Practise ikoyi or Life support Clinic same @
Ikoyi I guess.

Hope this helps.

Thanks bro.. How many days does it take the medical result to be out..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Doublegold: 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
@Obatide, compliment of the season bro, pls, when are u going for ur visa pick-up. I've been dialing the number on thhe form, it's not going thru bro.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
---
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Doublegold: @Obatide, compliment of the season bro, pls, when are u going for ur visa pick-up. I've been dialing the number on thhe form, it's not going thru bro.
My visa mate! How are you doing sir?
We were given 2 weeks for pick-up considering the holidays. So I plan going next week
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
ukemeglitter: "Preparation for Migration after Diversity visa Approval"

I think the above topic is OK, but I haven't heard anyone giving example of the forum, will it be created here in this NL?

It will be a thread on Nairaland too, just like we have 2013 thread, 2014' and other topics on our dear NL
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
Obatide: Therefore, I suggest that if anybody could edit this topic; ‘Preparation for Migration after Diversity visa Approval’ before it’s finally created, I will appreciate it.
[b] I have only two things to say about this:
1) Naming it "Preparation for Migration..." makes it sound only limited to the things we need to know and do before relocating to the US. I think it should be broader than that; why dont we make it more encompassing by naming it such that it entails how to start life over as a new migrant in the US. Starting life all over as a new migrant in the States should be the main concern at this point.

2) Again the proposed title suggests the thread is meant only for those with Diversity visa, I think the title should suggest the thread is meant for and caters for all new migrants to the US regardless of the type of visa. So I think the word "diversity" should not be included.

In the light of these, I would like to suggest "Starting Life in the US" or "Starting Life Anew/Afresh/Over in the US as a New Migrant" as the title of the new thread.

The new thread should deal with such issues as:
1) What to travel with (food, clothing, money, etc).
2) How to present oneself at the POE.
3) How to relate with one's host and what to expect from one's host. Some posters suggested splitting the bills with the host and bringing them foodstuff from Nigeria in order to endear them.
4) How to secure the green card in the US.
5) How to obtain the SSN.
6) How to get the driving licence.
7) How to obtain the national and state ID cards.
cool How to write an American CV ( I understand the US format is different from the Nigerian format).
9) How to hunt for jobs.
10) How to start a business in the US (I'm particularly interested in this as Igbo boy concern #winks#).
11) What kinda sch (private or public) and how to enrol in schools both for adults and for children.
12) How to apply for different benefits such as health insurance, loans, grants, scholarships, etc.

The list is endless and in order not to derail this thread, we need a separate thread to deal with these issues.

Just my humble opinion.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Another reasonable idea.

Please, let's not be in a rush over creating the forum that will be scanty cos the name will determine the growth and how contributing it will be, and moreover we don't want a scanty forum. Let's consider things that will not make it limited to a particular set of people considering the topic, cos some people will vanish, disappear after their preparation based on the topic.

Let's all take a little time to consider/compare topics, cos it seems the former suggested topic is centered on "Preparation".

For me, I rather prefer this "Starting Life Afresh Over in the US as a New Migrant" to the former suggested topic.

Just my humble suggestion.

Pipsland78:
1) Naming it "Preparation for Migration..." makes it sound only limited to the things we need to know and do before relocating to the US. I think it should be broader than that; why dont we make it more encompassing by naming it such that it entails how to start life over as a new migrant in the US. Starting life all over as a new migrant in the States should be the main concern at this point.

2) Again the proposed title suggests the thread is meant only for those with Diversity visa, I think the title should suggest the thread is meant for and caters for all new migrants to the US regardless of the type of visa. So I think the word "diversity" should not be included.

In the light of these, I would like to suggest "Starting Life in the US" or "Starting Life Anew/Afresh/Over in the US as a New Migrant" as the title of the new thread.

3) How to relate with one's host and what to expect from one's host. Some posters suggested splitting the bills with the host and bringing them foodstuff from Nigeria in order to endear them.
cool How to write an American CV ( I understand the US format is different from the Nigerian format).
9) How to hunt for jobs.
10) How to start a business in the US (I'm particularly interested in this as Igbo boy concern #winks#).
11) What kinda sch (private or public) and how to enrol in schools both for adults and for children.
12) How to apply for different benefits such as health insurance, loans, grants, scholarships, etc.

The list is endless and in order not to derail this thread, we need a separate thread to deal with these issues.

Just my humble opinion.
[/b]
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Few hours to our year of blessing, Visa Aproval for us still waiting to be current and be interviewed.... OBATIDE, am so sorry to call u by
ur name... U are so wonderful, u are good, in fact
it is a GREAT privilege to have u on dis
thread,....... U are d ANSWER to any question ask
here... I wish u journey mercy to land of GREAT
opportunity. Mr. OBATIDE, U REQUESTED DIS FROM ME EARLIER IN COMPLETION OF MY REQUEST but av provided it for u earlier MAYBE it escaped ur mind dats y u haven't SAY TO IT YET.
NOW did is wat u requested from me Sir,
am still at my middle 20s DAT is 25yrs.
I am pretty Single
I wrote my First Waec May/June 2010
my second waec (GCE) Nov/Dec 2012.
CN: 165**
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by samolaniyi: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
Pipsland78:

9) How to hunt for jobs.

Just my humble opinion.
[/b]

very reasonable suggestion.I had wanted to elaborate more on that topic i suggested ''life in US'' but because i did not have much time ,i couldn't elaborate.The topic suggested by pipsland "Starting Life in the US" or "Starting Life Anew/Afresh/Over in the US as a New Migrant" best identify the purpose of the new thread.I do hereby concur with pipsland topic.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by olutola1: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Doublegold: @Obatide, compliment of the season bro, pls, when are u going for ur visa pick-up. I've been dialing the number on thhe form, it's not going thru bro.
It bothers me, the number has always been unreachable. Even the website is not loading. Do we just wait out 5-7 working days before visiting them? Disappointment at "visa not ready for pickup" is not an option for someone coming from say Abuja o. Please, has anyone ever communicated with this Visa collection centre? If yes, how? Kindly enlighten us. Thanks!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by odewenwa: 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thanks for the intelligent we have all displayed to analyze one of my posts, I duly appreciate both reactions, at least, it makes people to contribute and share their honest feeling, God bless us all.
In summary
1. It shows we are all one big family and need more information to succeed on this journey whilst keeping in touch as mates even in America.
2. Those who argued against creation of the new thread, said so not to abandon this current one while those in support share that too, but in addition, they considered rules guiding posting on Nl as well.
I Observed that
1. Most of members who have had their visas approved are not that active on the thread unlike their activities before interview except very few of them. Do u notice that too?
2. This thread, ‘2014 Dv winners meet here’ deals with necessary process needed to have a successful interview
3. The thread; ‘Diversity visa immigrant? Welcome to America’ contains information we need after arriving America (I have been a regular poster there too, pls read). Hence, the stage between Successful approval of visa and Arrival in USA has not been comprehensively discussed like the two mentioned threads.
4. Most of 2013 people do try their best to assist on information there but work don’t give them that total freedom as in my personal chat with some of them to ensure they contribute regularly on 2014 thread, you will hear something like ‘You wouldn’t understand until you get here, because time is money here in America, but I do reply those who mailed memy concern is what happen to people who don’t have their mail or social medial handle but need such info too?
5. There is need to graduate the processes, which I believe will keep us together. Say
My submission
1. I appeal and promise that this thread will not suffer as a result of graduated process
2. Having a graduated process will bond us together the more and give each segment a full sense of belonging
3. There will not be deviation from Subject matters of each thread; hence NL rule will be kept.
Conclusion
I have no inferior motive behind creation of the thread and don’t think NL pays those who have created topics before, so my motive is to enable us rub mind together on every stage of the process to avoid extortions and exploitations by Agents.
Therefore, I suggest that if anybody could edit this topic; ‘Preparation for Migration after Diversity visa Approval’ before it’s finally created, I will appreciate it.

Having a wonderful thread that deals with preparing to migrate is a very good one as this will inform us of the necessary things to do before travelling. Personally I don't think it will affect this present thread at all as they deal with different issues. Wishing us all a happy new year in advance. God bless us all.Mr Obatide thumbs up.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tetomo: 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
First of all, I'm so happy that I'm identified with this type of very transparent forum.
I appreciate everyone who are contributing to this expository forum.
I want to add that we should embrace the topic as it is being suggested by Obatide and move for thee creation of thee thread.
This is serve as an eye opener to lots of us and will equally guide us in other aspect of necessary informations that will help us for example,How to book flight by getting the cheapest flight,How to get settled in US in terms of jobs,accomodation etc.
Finally,I want to equally advise that those of us who have gotten our visas should not leave thee thread rather we should give more contributions too it.This will help all of us together.
I pray for as many waiting for their Visas to receive them come next year.
Happy new year in advance.
Yours,
Tetomo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
In summary
I Observed that
My submission
Conclusion

I am in support of a thread on post DV visa, where we can share experience on preparation to move, landing experience and settling down experience. I am presently preparing to move and I can do with a lot of help and info from those who have gone the same route.
Let's start this thread as I av a lot to share now from purchase of flight ticket to buying forex, getting transcript for certificate evaluation required for school n employment etc
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gbam, Obatide, carry go!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
In summary
I Observed that
My submission
Conclusion

We don't need another thread dealing with the issues you raised, we have this one already https://www.nairaland.com/1058937/diversity-visa-immigrant-welcome-america which covers all sorts of topics.

There are far too many threads dealing with different aspect of DV lottery but few comments, lets keep the ones we have alive and grow it rather than starting more threads with little or no comment on them.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hello everyone,

The year 2013 is finally winding down in some hours, take a little time to ponder about God's blessings in your life in 2013 and you will definitely have a reason to thank God cos He has been so good to us.

At least if not for any other thing, but for the making us to be alive. So deserves to be glorified.

At this moment I'll like to say that high case number or not high case number, we will all make it.

I want to strongly give this piece of advice to people like me with high case number not to worry cos 2014 is coming with good tidings we will surely smile.

Remember not to be desperate, anxious or bordered about how it will happen, but be relaxed and prepared with prayer cos He makes all things beautiful in His time. Let’s be prayerfully and patiently waiting for God’s time cos that’s the best choice.

And most especially I want to say that the Almighty God shall see us through and make put smiles in every of our faces and also 2014 and we shall all encounter FAVOUR and ALL ROUND SUCCESS in our lives.

Happy 2014 in Advance!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
I would really love to have another thread addressing the space of how to prepare before one leaves for the US after a successful interview.. this doesn't mean we that have our visas already are going to leave this our beloved thread.
I for one have like 4 threads opened permanently in my phone's browser that all I do is refresh every 1 hour max..

@justwise.. the thread u talked about does not address things this new thread will address and as a matter of fact, we cant just go there and start asking questions.. we need OUR OWN thread just like we have this one.. we are familiar with each other and trust me, the thread wont be scanty or empty..
Morealso, im sure we all know that Mr Obatide is just trying to be of help and assistant and not that they give money or bonuses to whoever creates a thread smiley

This is just my opinion..

Happy New Year in advance.. May the good Lord be with us all
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
happy new year to all my family members..... may God continue to grant us our heart desires Amen. for those awaiting 2nl and interview may it come as we wish and may every positive things come our way Amen... I LOVE YOU ALL.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
Darhmee: I would really love to have another thread addressing the space of how to prepare before one leaves for the US after a successful interview.. this doesn't mean we that have our visas already are going to leave this our beloved thread.
I for one have like 4 threads opened permanently in my phone's browser that all I do is refresh every 1 hour max..

@justwise.. the thread u talked about does not address things this new thread will address and as a matter of fact, we cant just go there and start asking questions.. we need OUR OWN thread just like we have this one.. we are familiar with each other and trust me, the thread wont be scanty or empty..
Morealso, im sure we all know that Mr Obatide is just trying to be of help and assistant and not that they give money or bonuses to whoever creates a thread smiley

This is just my opinion..

Happy New Year in advance.. May the good Lord be with us all

That is not a good mind-set in a sharing forum like this, there is nothing like 'their own' or 'our own' thread, you don't need to start a thread to be able to play a major role in that thread.

Since we have a related thread why not go there and ask your questions? We don't need to create a new thread every year dealing with the same thing.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
Many thanks to @justwise for your views....but I believe we have gone past whether we need the new thread or not...the issue here is actually the right topic to call the new thread. but like Darhmee has rightly pointed out, we can't just bump into that thread you mentioned and start asking questions. We are familiar with ourselves and wud be willing to sacrifice for each other where need be. Also, there is absolutely no way the new thread can be scanty because about 70% of us are still in Nigeria and of coz at the preparatory phase.

I wish everyone of us a happy and favor filled 2014!

See you next year family.... smiley
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hello house,happy new year.it shall indeed be our year of exceeding grace.i ve being a guest on this trend before joining today.@Obatide,pls there is an existing trend on the issue you suggested a new trend for.pls check Diversity immigrant? Welcome to America.so i don't think there is a need for a new trend for that topic again.thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
ItyRoyal: Many thanks to @justwise for your views....but I believe we have gone past whether we need the new thread or not...the issue here is actually the right topic to call the new thread. [b]but like Darhmee has rightly pointed out, we can't just bump into that thread you mentioned and start asking questions. We are familiar with ourselves and wud be willing to sacrifice for each other where need be. [/b]Also, there is absolutely no way the new thread can be scanty because about 70% of us are still in Nigeria and of coz at the preparatory phase.

I wish everyone of us a happy and favor filled 2014!

See you next year family.... smiley

That is a very selfish mind-set, nobody owns a thread here, threads here belongs to everybody and anybody is allowed to jump into any thread and ask question(s), lets not create exclusive class here, such division will kill the sharing spirit that exist here.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
justwise:
That is a very selfish mind-set, nobody owns a thread here, threads here belongs to everybody and anybody is allowed to jump into any thread and ask question(s), lets not create exclusive class here, such division will kill the sharing spirit that exist here.
justwise:
That is not a good mind-set in a sharing forum like this, there is nothing like 'their own' or 'our own' thread, you don't need to start a thread to be able to play a major role in that thread.
Since we have a related thread why not go there and ask your questions? We don't need to create a new thread every year dealing with the same thing.
You really need to calm down mister!!
And morealso, uv gotten so surprising defensive that uv become blind in seeing the positive side of creating the new thread..
Obatide is still gonna create d thread anyway! And yea im in full support of the thread name as suggested..
Cheers
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
Darhmee:

You really need to calm down mister!!
And morealso, uv gotten so surprising defensive that uv become blind in seeing the positive side of creating the new thread..
Obatide is still gonna create d thread anyway! And yea im in full support of the thread name as suggested..
Cheers

...and it will be removed immediately, there is no positive side to it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.