Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. (31816 Views)

Being Romantic Or Being Foolish? / Pastor Bisi Adewale Reveals 16 Foolish Things Girls Do In The Name Of Love / The Foolish Things Ladies Do For Love...(a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by KyekubbeJoo: 11:37am On May 02, 2013
1. Thanks for the add.Honestly, a friend request isn’t a kiss or one night stand to thank a dude/lady for. It’s like thanking someone for hugging you. Avoid at all costs to thank them on their wall for appreciating your fiend request unless you are an A……..

2. FILLING A MAN’S/LADY’S INBOX.Send messages when you have something important to say. Filling someone’s inbox with silly messages like, ‘is it raining?’ ‘Is that your ass?’.. ‘who wss your first boyfriend/girlfriend?’ Those are TEENAGERS QUESTIONS that shouldn’t be asked anyone past secondary school level.

3. BRAGGING ON YOUR STATUS UPDATES.Facebook is a social network, not Forbes List. Avoid updates such as..Am driving my range rover . .I cant wait for iPhone 6 . .where do i buy a galaxy note II case .. i need to see a dentist at Karen Hospital . .where is D.T Dobie . .My Mercedes is stalling.

4. USING SWEARING WORDS ON YOUR UPDATES AND COMMENTS.Unless you are a love-vendor, be polite.Using phrases like.. YOU SLUT! FUCKYOU! ASSHOLE! DICKHEAD while referring to people, just shows you are THE ONE known by those names.

5. FAKE PHOTOS.Upload real photos showing yourself. Downloading then uploading men/ladies’ photos that you haven’t met and adding a caption ..MY NEWBABE..MY WIFE/­HUBBY….isn’t cool!Taking photos standing besides big hotels, people’s cars or in your friends houses shows you are STUPID.JUST UPLOAD A PHOTO OF YOURSELF IN A BEDSITTER OR YOUR HOUSE.

6. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS.Be honest where you have reached and studied if you so CHOOSE to include them on your profile. How can you study in HARVARD when your classmates know you got a D-? You are A GYNECOLOGIST when you studied CARPENTRY? LOL.

7. HATE SPEECH, SLURS.Referring to particular tribes as THIEVES, WATCHMEN, STONE THROWERS is impolite. Take people as you know them but not as you imagine they are. There are good and bad people in every tribe. Satan was an Angel who became the DEVIL.RAHAB was a PROSTITUTE that GOD spared.

Read Morehttp://naija366.com/facebook-users-attacked-foolish-things-mature-menwomen-should-avoid-on-facebook/

36 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by albacete(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2013
Good post.

So this thread later made FP?
Lord i thank thee oo for being the first to comment. And my mind was telling me to comment dat tym. My instincts hardly fail me
so this is how i would have missed being d first to comment? It's not good to neglect d little things oo.
Phew! I feel reaaaall good.
Jah bless to d mod that made this happen. I roff u. Since i hardly create topics in NL, it is a very BIG deal to me that this thread and my first comment made front page.
grin grin

if u don't have a sense of humour, yab me this post.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 02, 2013
1000 likes to dat @op

3 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by angelTI(f): 2:19pm On May 02, 2013
good one @OP. Am guilty of num 9. need to block some pple

2 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 02, 2013
Good post. Also giving out personal information// i also hate 'tell me more about yourself' so it is everybody that i meet that i must tell them about myself shebi Or my first time chatting with you n your asking me for my number, we have not had any convo b4 and your like 'hey love' 'hi boo'. i like fb oh my friends and family make the network fun sha

1 Like

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by yuzedo: 2:54pm On May 02, 2013
Guilty of Nos 1,2,3,5,6,8,10, and 9, and 7, and 4. Thanks. smiley

12 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 02, 2013
erm, facebook has video chat? where have I been?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by DICKtator: 2:58pm On May 02, 2013
informative but would be more appreciated if you had stated where you got it from!!
and FACEBOOK? What is facebook?
Have some peeps been left behind in the social network rapture?
Facebook? Please come again?
so lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by topmostg: 2:58pm On May 02, 2013
Lmao @ DICKHEAD.!
Good one o.p
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by angelTI(f): 2:58pm On May 02, 2013
yuzedo: Guilty of Nos 1,2,3,5,6,8,10, and 9, and 7, and 4. Thanks. smiley

pele yuzedo, u no dey carry last. Nairaland's Akpors

8 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by chiboy11(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2013
Most essp Avoid women so u won't b foled lik me, I don tire 4 facebok love no b small

Girls wan use me build mansion

2 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by DICKtator: 2:58pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: erm, facebook has video chat? where have I been?
maybe we could try it.
a try would convince you
Birthday suits please
grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 02, 2013
Interesting
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Timbi: 3:00pm On May 02, 2013
Which one is facebook again?
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by dridowu: 3:01pm On May 02, 2013
D one i 8 most is " thanks for d add " total stupidity

1 Like

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 02, 2013
what's up with all these trolls?
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by jodam: 3:02pm On May 02, 2013
And turning of wall to inbox//somepeople would litter one's wall with........//and instead of replying on the same wall post, they would rather reply with another wall post//

In conclusion, be ORIGINAL in ur dealings//don't upload things that are gonna be annoying, embarrassing,childish and irritating to ur employer, kiths and kins//

TREAT URSELF WITH RESPECT!
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by bluejeff(m): 3:04pm On May 02, 2013
Number 1 really pisses me off when I see it on peoples wall. WTF, If i send you a friend request you have an option to either accept or decline. If you accept fine, if you don't fine too (or more like f.uck off then)

2 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by 2nedo(m): 3:07pm On May 02, 2013
No9 is called 'mugu jam maga'.who go come pay nah?
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by fubbyy(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2013
@ op your write up is a crap, facebook is just a social network, there shouldn't be any rule to it, its not an institution where you gat certificate @ the end
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by An0nimus: 3:11pm On May 02, 2013
No2 doesnt hold much water IMO especially now that Facebook has fused inbox and chat history in a way. Besides people don't always say very important things when they chat.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by devour129: 3:12pm On May 02, 2013
I don't know why but I detest that Facebook thingy,never signed up and never will.it makes me laff when people argue ova who has d highest no of friends. Am on bb and still I use it for only family few friends and some of my workers and I only signed up cos you know when someone has received and read your messages.was tired of all the didn't see your calls or ddnt get your message lies so bb does all that and only that.if you give people a forum to make a nuisance of themselves they will take it to another level.people keep your biz and pix to yourself ,owa adirozi Nma
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by jubrealguy(m): 3:22pm On May 02, 2013
angel TI: good one @OP. Am guilty of num 9. need to block some pple
Don't block me ooo
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 02, 2013
DICKtator:
na so you hungry reach? angry angry angry angry
spamming and trolling like wtf?
n!gga chill!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Dat hunger no be small tin O

1 Like

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 02, 2013
Lol*
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Temismith(f): 3:27pm On May 02, 2013
Seconded!
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Lagusta(m): 3:30pm On May 02, 2013
Facebook is dead or dying... NAIRALAND ROCKS!!!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Harassing Me / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend With A Plot Of Land On His Birthday (Video) / My Landlord’s 16year Old Girl Is A Sex Monster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.