Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Be A Living Example In Your Family - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be A Living Example In Your Family (457 Views)

7 Reasons Why Your Family Should Pray Unclad / Mother Theresa As A Great Christian / Catholic Example :: Fable Or Fact? / Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be A Living Example In Your Family by sidespin: 5:34am On May 03, 2013
BE A LIVING EXAMPLE BEFORE YOUR WIFE AND KIDS

Often people undo their prayers! They may have prayed and even asked others to pray, but then they nullify their prayers and the faith of those who are praying with them by speaking negatively. Talk faith, not doubt! I once knew a minister who asked me and others to pray for his son.

However, at the same time he was requesting prayer, he would tell his boy, "You'll never amount to anything. I don't know what in the world I'm going to do with you! I have done everything I can do. I have prayed and prayed, but it looks like my prayers don't do any good."

This man was confessing defeat and failure rather than victory and faith. He was building doubt and insecurity into his son. This is why so many people have lost their children. As we pray for our children, we must not do anything in our home that would nullify the effects of our prayers. We must build confidence and trust in our children. We must instill a sense of security in them. Before I was married, I usually stayed in the homes of pastors during revival meetings, and I often felt sorry for their children.

I particularly remember one pastor's 12-year-old son. His parents were impatient and short-tempered with him. They were always telling him he would never amount to anything. Sure enough, he didn't! He broke the hearts of his parents. He was married several times, and he never provided a living for his family.

These parents may have prayed and asked their church to pray. They may have shed many tears and even fasted. But their lives nullified the effects of their prayers. From the spiritual standpoint as well as the natural standpoint, the things that happen to children in their early years are what mold their lives as adults. Let these years be spiritually rich and meaningful for your children. Let your life match your words. Work with God; don't work against Him.

I also have seen pastors' children neglected. The pastors' wives were so busy working in the church that their children were left alone to do as they pleased. That's why I told my wife when we were first married, "I'll run the church and you run the house." In the first church we pastured after we were married, we were told it was their custom for the pastor to teach the adult Bible class of men and the pastor's wife to teach the women.

I told them my wife didn't teach Sunday School. They argued, "But it's our custom here. We have been doing this for more than 20 years!"

"Well, I just changed that custom," I replied. "We'll consolidate the two classes and make one big auditorium class, and I will teach it. My wife doesn't teach Sunday School." When they asked me why, I told them, "I am going to preach and pastor the church. My wife is going to stay home and keep house and take care of me and our children, when we have them. I want her to run things there, and I'll run things here. There are many capable people in the church who can work, so let's put them to work."

When they wanted to make Oretha president of the women's missionary council, I put my foot down again. "She can attend the meetings," I told them, "but she won't serve in any capacity." This has paid off well for us. (Kenneth E. Hagin)
Re: Be A Living Example In Your Family by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
1st Bullet:
Op, God demanded tithing in the 10 commandments & also reminded the Isrealites of the consequences of not tithing or giving bad tithes in the book of Malachi.
2nd Bullet:
Your approach to fight against corrupt moG may mislead some Christians & make them to commit the sin of not paying tithe.
You are right when you said God still bless tithers & non tithers. But the truth is some non tithers get punished asap while some ll always get the grace to repent just as some sinners are not punished by God immediately. It is to give them the grace to repent. Any non tither that still get blessing even till he/she dies is only enjoying the grace of God.
3rd Bullet:
I think it's good to give tithe. But the attitudes of some moG this present time doesn't encourage Christians (expecially those of little faith) to give tithe.
Last Bullet:
A possible solution is if Christians hold their churches accountable. It's not a sin. It's a way of checking misappropriation. Church money is meant for the growth of the church and the support of the members as well as Pastor.

(1) (Reply)

Purpose: Anointed To Influence / Prosperity Preacher Benny Hinn Begs Followers For $2.5M / Can A Christian Be Possessed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.