Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot (52637 Views)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 1:55am On Mar 09, 2006
so,. . .want to tango?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by 2cantango(f): 1:56am On Mar 09, 2006
i'm up for it wink
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mamaput(f): 9:52am On Mar 09, 2006
mamaput:

If i had a nagging Husband , i guess i will just not come home grin they are just as bad.
I know you can't compare but its just horrible when children nag.

"mum can i, mum i want, mum ?," the whole day long .
Nobody says anyting about getting rid of them or drinking so why get rid of the wife?

Not everybody slaps their children and in Europe never in Public
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by joftech(m): 1:19am On Mar 11, 2006
It's like most of you don't know what real nagging is all about.

I wish i can get an MP3 recording of a nagging match and upload it here.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by nubian(m): 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2006
Nagging is awful,nagging can drive a guy crazy, - but look into what she is nagging about,try and solve or pay attention to it - but if she is a born nagger(he laughs) u are in big trouble,its gonna be a life time of nagging for u
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2006
mamaput:

Not everybody slaps their children and in Europe never in Public

The people who don't slap their children obviously don't have this problem . , or they don't see it as a problem. If you were my child, and you were on my nerves, even if we were in europe, your uncles in nigeria shall hear the slap!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mamaput(f): 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2006
My uncles will also hear my screams.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Seun(m): 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2006
Liberal nferyn is a child slapper. Too bad. undecided
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by ono(m): 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2006
Folks, I'm just trying to see how I can merge this topic with the one that talks about men beating their wifes.

This life's truly weird. Only God can make it normal.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 2:27am On Mar 15, 2006
mamaput:

My uncles will also hear my screams.

Why would you expect otherwise?

Seun:

Liberal nferyn is a child slapper. Too bad. undecided

Who?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by nawah(f): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2006
Naging is a very bad habit. It shows bad manners and worse still lack of self control. Some women cannot control themselves, before the man has even set foot in the house they start lashing out.
When a man comes home he needs to unwind first, later on one can always approach him, depending on his mood.
Men too can go on and on. I was married to such a man before. I think men who nag are very petty.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by nicetohave(m): 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2006
thank you my sister, but (un)fortunately when you ask the women that nagits either there is nothing wrong with it or its the man's fault.

How would a man being nagged day and night not stay out late or seek affection outside not that i support the act too o

nagging should be outlawed, its a verbal domestic abuse cool
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mide2(f): 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2006
I really can't stop laughing o, actually, i only imagine this nagging thing, never experienced it, but i watched this nigerian movie and it was really hell o, the wife was nagging and shouting and screaming and crying and everything you can think of.
The guy almost had a nervous breakdown. And come to think of it, all she yelled about were very trivial stuffs. I was going crazy myself watching. It wasn't fun at all.
But me, i still believe they can still work things out. It's really bad but with prayers and patience, they can solve the problem. Divorce isn't the solution to marital problems except it's really physically harmful to one of the parties involved. You might re-marry a worse nagger. Divorcees have greater liklihood of divorcing again.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by larger20(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2006
just dont come back to the house for the day. Find a place to sleep (hotel). If she calls ur number , dont answer it. Go to work from where your hotel, then the next evening, go home and tell her u r done with her. See if she will cry and beg, if she does, then accept her back and give her warning about her nagging.Next time she does it, fire her to her parents
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by peclint: 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2006
well a nagging wife is just like an interesting forum like this.have u heard the indian version of how God made man??
well women are meant to nag, wen they are not there to do d work u will start missing all the nags
it keeps ur relationship going, u just have to learn to deal with it
but if it gets out of hand, u need a thereapist
cos the woman has got a problem with her self-image
try to listen to her more.even if u can't,feign listenin to her, u will get used to it
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mide2(f): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2006
Ther's no doubt about it, men and women are different. By nature men are ' fixers' - fix the TV, fix the leaky tap, e.t.c. So it comes as a shock to most men when it seems like their wives would rather talk about the situation than fix it. Indeed, just having him sit and listen attentively to how she feels about it often changes her entire outlook. Has the situation being resolved ? Not necessarily. But an important need has been met. The man who used to hang on her evry word when they were dating has suddenly returned showing that her feelings, thoughts and struggles really don't matter to him. The man who learns this sooner rather than later, finds himself with a happy lady.

Often our prayers do not seem to change the circumstances, yet we feel much better when we have prayed. Why ? because we have shared it with One Who is able, and cares enough to listan; so we walk away with a changed outlook.

Isn't it amazing how many men can soar in their careers, yet be clueless about this!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Reverend(m): 6:50am On Apr 09, 2006
Electrotherapy shocked
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by 2cantango(f): 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2006
How do y'all deal with a man that nags a lot? undecided cool
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by nicetohave(m): 1:39am On Apr 11, 2006
open a thread on that 2C and i'll give you a hint cheesy

've missed you plenty 2C, seems like ages. Have any hug left for me? cool
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by eveseh(f): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2006
find a way
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2006
mide2:

Ther's no doubt about it, men and women are different. By nature men are ' fixers' - fix the TV, fix the leaky tap, e.t.c. So it comes as a shock to most men when it seems like their wives would rather talk about the situation than fix it. Indeed, just having him sit and listen attentively to how she feels about it often changes her entire outlook. Has the situation being resolved ? Not necessarily. But an important need has been met. The man who used to hang on her evry word when they were dating has suddenly returned showing that her feelings, thoughts and struggles really don't matter to him. The man who learns this sooner rather than later, finds himself with a happy lady.

Often our prayers do not seem to change the circumstances, yet we feel much better when we have prayed. Why ? because we have shared it with One Who is able, and cares enough to listan; so we walk away with a changed outlook.

Isn't it amazing how many men can soar in their careers, yet be clueless about this!

Perhaps in their careers, they are given a task to complete, and when they do so, they are rewarded. They are not asked to do something, then spend the next 6 months hearing their boss bitch and moan about it. I'm sure you can imagine, if a person hangs on your every word, and your every word is bitching and moaning. . . he may soon stop his hanging.

You forget, men are not God. They don't have infinite patience. God can listen to ppl cry about how they failed a class but never have time to study because they need to party to fit in, and not care. You give me that stuff. . . and i'll take you to take your problems elsewhere. When you are required to solve problems for other people, and you must do that every day, you find it hard to take when someone comes to your with something, and they not only have no clue how to fix it, they are not even going to try.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Reverend(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2006
Throw her off a very tall building without a parachute tongue tongue tongue
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by lauryn(f): 1:35am On Jun 26, 2006
As long as it takes
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mide2(f): 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2006
idiot:

Perhaps in their careers, they are given a task to complete, and when they do so, they are rewarded. They are not asked to do something, then spend the next 6 months hearing their boss bitch and moan about it. I'm sure you can imagine, if a person hangs on your every word, and your every word is bitching and moaning. . . he may soon stop his hanging.

You forget, men are not God. They don't have infinite patience. God can listen to people cry about how they failed a class but never have time to study because they need to party to fit in, and not care. You give me that stuff. . . and i'll take you to take your problems elsewhere. When you are required to solve problems for other people, and you must do that every day, you find it hard to take when someone comes to your with something, and they not only have no clue how to fix it, they are not even going to try.

What sounds like moaning now was once sweet to your ears. The bitchy wife was once the best girl in town. Two wrongs never make a right. Why not take time to listen and show you care. The little time spent listening and talking to your wife can make a whole lot of difference in the home.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by DaHitler(m): 1:22am On Jun 30, 2006
If you were in America, I would recommend you just ignore her.

But since you are in Nigeria, just wait till she starts nagging and then punch her int he mouth. I assure you, after the 3rd to 4th punch, the problem would resolve itself. grin

Note: I don't support beating of wives.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Skidoc(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2006
I second Afeni's advice. grin
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Reverend(m): 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2006
@ Afeni & Skidoc

I find your post most offensive and disturbing! What if you were to cut your hand whilst punching her?

I also do not condone wife beating, but if necessary I would recommend a hard slap or two with the back of your hand or a light beating with bull whip.

If that fails then a going over with a baseball bat could be necessary!

Start by throwing a bucket of ice cold water over her. This will give her a chance to shut the f**k up and stop nagging!

If this does not work, get your hand ready for action grin grin
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by cheekee(f): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2006
ignore her but if what she's nagging about is reasonable then be considerate undecided
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 3:19am On Jul 01, 2006
mide2:

What sounds like moaning now was once sweet to your ears. The bitchy wife was once the best girl in town. Two wrongs never make a right. Why not take time to listen and show you care. The little time spent listening and talking to your wife can make a whole lot of difference in the home.

Perhaps you don't understand. The man has spent years talking and listening to his wife. All he hears is bitching and moaning. So, he stops listening and talking. Tell me why he should start again? I would call him crazy. What does he gain? Nothing.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by saintchux(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2006
Nagging wife?

Why do women nag? Do men nag too?. Do women really enjoy nagging. I seen that if what people are suggesting in this forum is implmented, all women will start nagging.

You wife naggs, then you get yourself a fine babe that will not nag at you. Your wife naggs may be because you can home late, you decide to sleep in the office.

your wife naggs because you did not do something, you made a promise to do it when you know you will not do it.

What is all these going to achieve. Nothing but more nagging. Is like someone that said that his body is scatching him, then went to bathe with coco yam water.

my broda, if your wife is nagging what you will do is to put yourself in her shoe. Find out what she complaining of. Nagging is a way of seeking your attention. There is something your are not doing well. There is issue somewhere that needs your attention. Think of what she is saying. If she really nagging?? Or are you the one giving her stress.

When you wife nags, do not respond, if possible record what she is saying, at your convenient time, replay all she said, ask yourself question in all she said. You will discover that actually she is making some sence, is just that we men naturally does not want our wife to look as if they are in control.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mide2(f): 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2006
Bless your soul oh, @saintchux.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Kendra(f): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2006
deal wit it cuz its ur wife and u married her knowin how she was

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cheating With Pride. Wife Explains Why / Italy-Based Nigerian Man Jails His Parents For Sending Him Pics Of Fake House / Nigerian Young Man Finds Love In The Arms Of White Grandma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.