Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot (52636 Views)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
Ignoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by oduz: 5:28am On May 20, 2010
:-x
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Romeo4real(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2010
@Hisbeloved -
The problem of nagging is often the result of an ineffective ability to communicate and reason. Most women, and men believe they can communicate, without understanding how complex a skill it is to master.
Put simply, Communication in a relationship is about getting what you want to say across in the LANGUAGE and MANNER the person will understand. Note there are 3 key things here. (1) The Purpose - Getting what you have to say across, (2) The Means - Using the language the person will understand, (3) The Medium -  Articulating the language in the RIGHT manner.

Women usually start at No.1, and completely ignore No. 2 & 3. All they care abt is getting what they have to say across. It is like being lost in France, and, asking for directions in Yoruba, using the loud aggressive manner of the Yoruba language.
Unfortunately, women are also not very good at No.1 either, because of their lack of understanding regarding No.2 & 3.

Let me explain. Women are emotional. Men are logical. Problem are also logical - there is a cause, effect, and a solution. Trying to articulate a logical issue, in an emotional manner, will always result in confusion. Because women are emotional, they articulate what they want to say, when and how they feel it. There is no planning, no structure, and no analysis give to the construction, method and delivery of what they are trying to get across.

I know a man whose wife always chooses to bring up their financial problems when they are in bed at night. Not considering the fact that this may cause sleepless nights, worry or depression for the Husband. So when she starts, he simply shuts down, which aggravates her, and the cycle begins.

Shouting, insensitivity, repetition and nagging due to frustration would always elicit a man to go into "shutdown" mode. You are using the wrong "language", in the wrong "method", and and in the wrong "manner".
Men shut down because Men are "logical" - When faced with any problem, a Man is programmed to either (1) Resolve the problem, (2) Remove the problem, or (3) Remove himself FROM the problem. Since most men do not understand the problem due to the way its being presented and articulated, and they cannot remove the problem; which would involve "removing" the wife, they take the easiest option - removing themselves from the problem, by either ignoring the woman, or spending as little time in the house as possible.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by showlady36: 2:37pm On May 20, 2010
Do you know that men too nag? Well mine is a good example. Have been married close to 7years now but my husband is a champion when it comes to nagging, he even admit it as his weakness which he prays to overcome. Despite all that we still get along pretty well. The secret is that he comes around to apologize for his nagging as for me, am' not the outspoken type. but any time he starts his nag nag i usually keep mute until he comes back to his senses then we make amend and that's all. but don't get me wrong he still my best friend ever.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by craine: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2011
i am the wife,.and please dont associate nagging only for women.
'My husband nags me a lot, often yells at me when i cant do things exactly as how he wants it to be,.times passed i ask friend's opinion about it and they said i should submit to him because in knowledge and learning he is ahead of me,since he has been married before and was 20 years older than me,.ok so i am the one immature in this relationship and i need to learn more in how to handle relationship and life but why even when i seem to do my best its still not enough. Evrything is not enough for him, i feel like he wants me to be a robot that whenerver he pushes the button I am always on the go. It has been his ex wife's problem with him too because he just can't shut up,can't stop talking. When i say a word ,he has got hundreds more to butt in. Isnt it funny how people always think girls are the ones who likes nagging. Yeah you shouldnt be stereotyping. Nagging sucks and tears the very fiber of my sanity. My happiness in this marriage is now questionable. I miss the old husband i used to know, I miss the one who is always joyful and cooperative. HE tells me,marriage is a teamwork,yeah right but its a teamwork of two people that the other person follows all the commands of the other person. thats teamwork. and also my immaturity and being young he's telling me i dont know anything and that he knows more than me,. I decided to go with the flow and follow strive to meet his demands. But there are times i feel so lame,this is not the life i dreamt of. I feel so useless because I AM "JUST" a wife i need to submit, and that i dont have the power to say what i feel. I am a complete robot inthe house.maybe even in sex.help! this marriage makes me loose my sanity and self esteem,also kills me slowly with choking me of things i dont really want and like. its all just because i am obliged to do so. I am married to him and stil love him,dont intend and never had thoughts of leaving him,just feels that hopefully one day he will change that habit and be back to the same lovely man i know. cry
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2011
did you friend bother to ask her why she nags? clearly, something is going on with her, and taking on a girlfriend is not going to resolve anything.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Kabigami35: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hi all

This is more focussed on the fact that my wife gave birth to our fisrt son a few months ago.

I think the nagging has become so bad that the three month old is constantly being told of how much of an idiot I am.

Let me start off by saying that I love my wife an awfull lot and although I don't ever leave her alone, leave the house, or fight back, she still nags.

shocked
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Loveaflame(m): 12:45pm On Dec 15, 2011
Both of you need great humility and the grace of God to work out things together for the benefit of the marriage.
Submission is not only for the wives but also for the husbands. You should learn to listen one to the other.The issue of age is meaningless in marriage.Age has nothing to with maturity.

THE AGE OF METHUSELAH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WISDOM OF SOLOMON
You husband should learn to live with the wife with wisdom.Bible calls the wives WEAKER VESSELS making you the husbands WEAK VESSELS and the kids WEAKEST VESSELS.
Every one of us has nagged at one time or the other while few had grown out of it.It all depends on the value you place on your spouse and the marriage as a whole.

Nagging should be a thing that can be overcome if the person will just open up and speak up his/her or mind than acting like a baby who needs attention. If their is true love in a marriage I believe spouses should compromise their policies to accommodate what they term as nonsense or rubbish from their partner
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Kabigami35: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
thank you for the reply,

One always try to remember why one got married in the first place and it becomes more and more difficult each day, the worse the nagging gets,
All I am saying to all women out there, if you want your husband to stay faithfull to you, try not to put him down.
Contrary to popular belief, all men want to do things to make you happy, that is our logical nature (this does not aplly to the wife beater cowards out there).
We want you to let us know (not nag) when something is wrong and to compliment us when we do the right thing.
Life is tough enough going to work and being ridiculed by your boss everyday, but when you get home at night, you still need to deal with your wife/partner as well.
God bless all of you and I hope that some day we can all live in a society where men and women talk rationally about things, but untill that day, I believe praying about it, is the only thing that will work
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by AzaMontana(f): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2012
Every man in any country know that the majority of woman nag. If you can tolerate this one, then you will not be able to deal even with the next one. My friend woman nag finish. The way to deal with this is the way all man do. Keep quiet while she nags as if you are listening but you know deep down that you are not listening to her. Just agree to anything she says and nod your head as if you hear her even you are realy not paying attention. Next time when she asks you why you did not complete the task she nagged about just say you forgot. She will eventually label you as the husband who always promises to take the trash out but never deliver. So what. This way yol will be able to deal with each other. Just because a sista nags, doesn't mean you should pay attention blv me. Its natural for woman to do this. Its part of being a woman
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by noleen: 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Loveaflame: Both of you need great humility and the grace of God to work out things together for the benefit of the marriage.
Submission is not only for the wives but also for the husbands. You should learn to listen one to the other.The issue of age is meaningless in marriage.Age has nothing to with maturity.

THE AGE OF METHUSELAH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WISDOM OF SOLOMON
You husband should learn to live with the wife with wisdom.Bible calls the wives WEAKER VESSELS making you the husbands WEAK VESSELS and the kids WEAKEST VESSELS.
Every one of us has nagged at one time or the other while few had grown out of it.It all depends on the value you place on your spouse and the marriage as a whole.

Nagging should be a thing that can be overcome if the person will just open up and speak up his/her or mind than acting like a baby who needs attention. If their is true love in a marriage I believe spouses should compromise their policies to accommodate what they term as nonsense or rubbish from their partner

what is the cause of her nagging, becos there most be something the husband is doing that is making her to nagg. she will start nagging without any thing/problem at hand, she most be mad becos how on earth will a woman nagg with no reason. there most be something u are doing that the two of u are not comming to agreement.so put urself in her shoe and let her behave like u.The two of u should sit down and discuss and agree with urselves, at last u will enjoy ur love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Another Man, She Starves Husband Of Sex / Cheating With Pride. Wife Explains Why / Italy-Based Nigerian Man Jails His Parents For Sending Him Pics Of Fake House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.