Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot (52632 Views)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Hisbeloved: 12:42am On Nov 02, 2008
When I first got saved and read about nagging wife in the Bible I thought it would be NEVER relevant to me. Well, after 5 years of marriage and ministering and studying in church together we had a baby. We got separated, he was ministering and I was home. I was off his list of people with whom he could spend time with, baby was priority. When I tried to say how hard the adjustment was for me he would say I always talk in complaining matter. When our child was 8 I found out he had virtual affair, meaning nothing physical just very romantic letter to his secretary. We went to pastor for counseling. There when I first heard that I became a nagging wife.
What happened to me? I was out of his focus. When I tried to talk he would shut his hearing. I could see it from his face. I would talk more to try to have any reaction. I am living person! Here most of men's responses is-ignore. Shut off. Why would you ignore the one who gave life to your kids? Right, you do not nag- because you are stronger, men! You can hit, you can make angry face, you can speak and as women we responce. Can I hit or scare him to obey me? No. My only means is words. Air. But the more we talk the less you listen.

I grew in women's environment. We talked. If I was nagged at, which I called "lectured" I would try to do my best to correct or I would understand that my mom or my grandma was tired or upset. We would hug each other.

When my husband first heard my mom's lecture he said he would never obey after that. What does Bible say about rebellious spirit? And now I understand he does the same to me-the more I talk about matters the less chances are left for me.

Dear ladies, they do not want to listen! All of them! How on earth can we agree and have family? Where is our family now? Why we cannot talk and agree about matters?

I feel now that I am a big looser. I thought it would never happen to me. Now nagging wife is my name. I didn't know any other way to be heard and now I know that I actually made my husband to go completely deaf.

All I needed was him giving me a hug and telling me how wonderful I still was. Instead, I saw grins and comments. He hates the sound of my voice now. I hate it, too. Just cannot stop.

And I hate his silence. I hate when he grins hearing my voice. He just stopped loving me, that's all. Nagging wife is forsaken wife. And in the same time, being a good Christian, he comes to me to have sex. Then he makes patient face if I want to tell him something. No, I do not ruin his desire-most of the time. But sometimes I felt too neglected before to respond to him then. I cannot even tell him a story. Anything longer than one sentence makes him unhappy.

So, what is your advise, guys, shut up and cook and make love? Why would you marry then, if you don't want to share your life with your wife?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mlc18in: 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2008
I think that all women tend to nag because they have to remind guys to do things that guys dont do which eventually results in some sort of discomfort for everyone (guy falls over shoes he left in the middle of the room, or theres an accident cause guy didnt slow down despite girl telling him to, or the whole house stinks and ur friends abandon you, cause guy didnt take out trash for 2 months)
so the end result is, girls nag to avoid issues and to avoid nagging get rid of girls and prepare to stay alone forever , you will be free to do whatever u want, with no one to warn you about the open electric line that may electrocute you at any time ! lol , you can go for a young chick who will also eventually become a nag, or you can turn gay how about that? problem solved!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2008
Na wa o!! Nagging wives,
Only God can deliver us. cry
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by ula(f): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2008
live on the roof!!!

better to live on the roof than in the house with a nagging wife!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by meexteriox(m): 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2008
A nagging wife is a curse to a man. An evil curse at that.
The roof top is too close for comfort. They are simply unbearble when they start.
Madness is nothing close to it. Pray you don't encounter or ever stay with one, its the shortest route to death.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by spoilt(f): 1:54am On Dec 28, 2008
There's an old saying where i come from. It says wherever there's a nag, there's definitely a hard of hearing fool. It is so true. undecided
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by KarmaMod(f): 1:59am On Dec 28, 2008
spoilt:

There's an old saying where i come from. It says wherever there's a nag, there's definitely a hard of hearing fool. It is so true. undecided

abi o. Not sure why that's hard for people to get.

People dont nag if you listened to them in the first place
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 28, 2008
beat her with a stick very well. cheesy
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by JJYOU: 2:08am On Dec 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

abi o. Not sure why that's hard for people to get.

People don't nag if you listened to them in the first place
not true my dear. you have never seen a nagging woman. it doesnt even have to be the husband. most people just complain for complain sake.

there will never be complain in my house in Jesus name. it is one reason most men go insane or to an early grave
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by spoilt(f): 4:50am On Dec 28, 2008
if you just listened in the first place then there would be no need to go insane.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by IGWEUSA(m): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2008
Starve her by not talking to her, eating the meals she prepared and even sleeping in the same room with her.

********** *****************believe me , she will turn a new leaf.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by LIMUEL(m): 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2008
Have we bothered to ask why women nag?
I am not trying to make a defence for them but most times something/s is/are usually not right and it takes the two to get it fixed.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by JJYOU: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2008
LIMUEL:

I am not trying to make a defence for them but most times something/s is/are usually not right and it takes the two to get it fixed.
for most it is just a habit nothing more
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by KarmaMod(f): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2008
LIMUEL:

Pass whatever you've been drinking to your brothers, please
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by H2O2: 12:21am On Dec 29, 2008
How does nagging get it fixed 

If I wish to be nagged to death I can easily pinch my five-year-old cousin. Nagging is an unattractive habit for any adult, IMHO.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Treetop20(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2008
women nag when we don't listen to them. let's face the truth some of us don't really pay attention when our women are talking; we just focus on the tv or something
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by farewell: 12:43pm On May 12, 2009
For the partners of people who nag, some of the responsibility for improving the lines of communication falls on them as well.

"Start out by doing what your spouse is asking to you to do -- that might nip it in the bud. "Another alternative would be for the person who is getting nagged to avoid getting angry or nasty, which doesn't work well.

Instead, have a heart-to-heart about what it feels like to be constantly hounded about something, but in a loving way, instead of a defending way."
smiley
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 12, 2009
I believe there are more effective ways of communicating other than nagging.I also believe that women who nag did'nt start in a day and this could have been what they picked up from their mum or a mother figure around them while growing up.
The best way to deal with a nag is to ignore him or her which can be very frustrating after which they give up! my 2 cents cos i have an aunt who has a PHD in nagging and this worked on her,
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by nsenman: 3:19am On May 23, 2009
I think some of you may have somewhat of a point in learning about what your wife and showing concern for her but sometimes it is not enough. Sometimes there is more to it then listening and treating them nice, etc.

I am dealing with someone who I have been with who has a chronic problem of nagging. She beats a dead horse with every conversation. She is always sarcastic, manipulative, and only concerned with getting her way. She totally wants to be put on this pedestal of entitlement. I have tried every which way to please her and it is not enough.

Every little thing is a case for debate or argument. There is no sympathy or compassion and I am totally sick of it.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by seancole: 9:12pm On May 23, 2009
Nagging wife!
If you are having an affair, and it leads to your wifes consistent nagging, sit her down, tell her you know that she nags as a result of the affair, because it makes you keep late nights and some times you dont come back home.
That the only solution to this problem is to marry this other woman as a second wife and bring her home.
Do this and see what happens.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by lannre(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
silence,the worst argument. If that did not work start nagging too she will stop.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Fhemmmy: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2009
Be quiet and just ignore, and when she is done nagging, she will be quiet.
However, if you are the one that made her to be nagging, then, calm her down.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by ksingh: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
Nothing will work. If you are quite comments will be more intense. If you argue they will argue till you stop and continue. If you go out, it is a temporary relief. Once you are back it will start again.
Naging will be about your parents, not enough shopping, not enough money, children not having this that, you never buy me anything blah blah.

Solution" Wait for your kids to be settled and then leave her for last few peaceful years.".
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by ThinkMan: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
Read this book. It explains why women do what they do. It's called The Thinking Man's Guide to Women. Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Thinking-Mans-Guide-Women/dp/098413428X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255549696&sr=8-1
It touches on everything from hormones to her mother. Good reading.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by blinkingblythe01: 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2009
If you are a nagging wife-STOP. Constant nagging is destructive, mentally, spiritualy and even physically. If you continue to nag, expect to lose the relationship sooner or later, when you least expect it. Nagging is an EVIL behavior (whether you are religious or not) and causes pain.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by truphie(f): 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2009
watch the movie nagging wife (Nollywood) and see what nagging does.

But most of the time, those that nag do it because of peer pressure. they are always being told lies by their so called "close friends"!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by MrCrackles(m): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
Topic. . .
Stuff her mouth with a big fat black sausage!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Fhemmmy: 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
na wa for you oh . . .
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Naijagal12(f): 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2009
Kick her to the curb grin
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by H2O2: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2009
it's hard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Another Man, She Starves Husband Of Sex / Cheating With Pride. Wife Explains Why / Nigerian Young Man Finds Love In The Arms Of White Grandma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.