Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot (52633 Views)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by edwardo70: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2007
I have a nagging wife, and many of your arguments and perceptions are incorrect. I'm by no means perfect, however my wife began her nagging about 1 year after we got married. I would do many things which I thought were good and appreciated, only to find out they were not done to her UNSPOKEN expectations. Ok, so I changed the way I did it to meet her expectations, Yes, you guessed it, her expectations changed, and the nagging continued, What message did I receive from this? It doesn't matter what I do, good, bad, better, best, even surprises, she nags, So, to remain sane, I ignore her and go on about my business, And yes, the nagging continues, but I don't hear it. I just laugh (internally) at her lunacy and rants,
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Rlst84sale(m): 5:14am On May 03, 2008
There r three things a man really needs

1. Food

2. Sex

3. Peace of mind

when women understand and work with us on these it would be easier to reach a common groud with us (men). Personally I don't fancy a nagging woman no matter how gorgeous and or smart she is.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Nwaka77: 8:19pm On May 03, 2008
There are 3 things a woman really needs

1. A loving compassionate respectful man

2. Peace of mind

3. Financial stabiliy

When men understand and work with us on these it would be easier to reach a common ground with us (women). Personally, I don't fancy annoying men who cause women to nag no matter how handsome and or smart he is.

1 Like

Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Rlst84sale(m): 5:46pm On May 04, 2008
Nwaka,

na fight?, lol
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Akinagirl(f): 9:50pm On May 04, 2008
lol, nwaka
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by desodgi(m): 11:28pm On May 04, 2008
flog all the craze comot at the middle of the night cheesy grin
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by blaquie: 4:30pm On May 05, 2008
My dear its in the nature of women to keep talking and men to do the listening, sometimes just compromise so that they can be peace.

you just have to live with it, its not enough reason for mischieve just try and understand her.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by elizabetta(f): 3:52pm On May 06, 2008
Try to stop those things she nags about.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by rubi(f): 6:34pm On May 06, 2008
A woman nags when a woman (under marries) I mean when alot of family responsibilities are left for her alone to carry and deal with so don't look for how to deal with a wife that nags rather you should be looking for how to deal with what causes those nagging so I make sense to you. Men do nag too
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Rlst84sale(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2008
@Rubi

Who told you that?. We don't nag we only state what we don't want (you may call it "complain"wink.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Uche2nna(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2008
Nagging wife,,,,,
Hit the ignore button and go into silent mode. Na she go tire
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by JoyceAgim(f): 4:29am On May 10, 2008
in marriage,a man shld go deaf to somethings she says while a woman shld go blind to some things he does, as for the nagging wife,just let her be,dn't answer her,just pretend as if ur deaf to somethings she says.she ll be the one to get tired the moment u ain't listening to her.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by rubi(f): 6:08pm On May 12, 2008
@RIst84sale,

I used the word "nag" because that is what the poster used so that I can convey my opinion
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by banni: 11:30am On May 13, 2008
I seen men who stay for the sake of the children or because they do not believe in divorce.
I seen family members do this even.
And it ages them fast.They live in a hell on earth and feel trapped.
I think if I could not make it work for years then i will leave.
I don't care what the any religion ,priest or anyone says.I cannot think God will want me to live in such a way.
And how can the children be happy too when they see this everyday?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Kayus99(m): 4:23am On Jul 01, 2008
Preamble: Married 10 years and she has been nagging less than a year from when we got married.

I have tried everything from tuning off, with the occasional nod, to nagging match (I must confess I was not of a match, it actually left me worse), to the most recent leaving the house for some hours. In fact I think the most recent (3 weeks and counting) is the most effective, but leaving was not easy as she barred the door with her person in order to prevent me from leaving till I heard her very last word. But I was not having it,  I actually had to "break bottle" for my wife before she left the door post.

So I think the combination of breaking bottle (i did not use it) and leaving the house for a while is effective but like I said its 3 weeks (a record in 9+ years) and am counting.

BTW, as for the bible verse "It is better to live on the roof top of your house, " That is so true as I have converted our attic into 3 rooms and moved my home/office there.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by blesyne(f): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2008
Most women dont just nag without a reason,there will always be a reason for it,though most times the reasons might be something that does not require nagging.I dont think ignoring or abadoning them will solve the the problem,the best solution is trying to understand them and giving them your attention,these matters a lot. cool
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by abujabooks(f): 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2008
Patience.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Scopium: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2008
Nwaka77:

There are 3 things a woman really needs

1. A loving compassionate respectful man

2. Peace of mind

3. Financial stabiliy

When men understand and work with us on these it would be easier to reach a common ground with us (women). Personally, I don't fancy annoying men who cause women to nag no matter how handsome and or smart he is.

[size=13pt]This one is tales by sunlight. You think the don't deserve to be given the same?[/size]
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by krish97: 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2008
Wifes do nag to take control of her husband. Even though husband does all that she needs she will find the smallest mistakes and start nagging. At an extreme stage of nagging , if the husband responds negatively to her nagging , then she will start a new chapter with that negative action.

So only option for husband who are stuck with monogamy & nagging wife is to follow Christianity :

Judges 16:16 (New International Version)
With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was tired to death.

Proverbs 21:9 ESV / 9 helpful votes
It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.

Proverbs 21:19 ESV / 7 helpful votes
It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman.

OR Do a crime and get a place in jail.

Man prefers jail to wife's nagging

A man sentenced to nine months house arrest begged a judge to jail him instead because he couldn't stand his wife's nagging.
Algerian Ahmed Salhi, 24, was sentenced to a nine month curfew at home with his Italian wife in Ferrara, northern Italy.
But he went back to court after a week and begged the judge to jail him because he could not bear her nagging.
Salhi was sentenced to nine months house arrest after breaching immigration regulations.
But he turned up at his local courtroom and begged to be taken into custody because he said he could no longer stand living with her, and would rather be behind bars, Corriere della Sera reported.
He said: "I need some peace." A local court agreed to the Salhi's request and he has been jailed for the rest of his sentence.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1569804.html?menu=

But for me, neither I have the previlage to live in a corner of house nor can I escape to a desert. And i dont like to be in a jail.

Oh Jesus, why havent you given more options? I think you lack experience. You should have married atleast once.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by chisomquee: 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2008
for a woman to nag there must be a reason for that except she has mental problem,i think the husband should check his life,women are not evil,you need to understand them,bible says they are the weaker vessel,you have to treat them with care.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by danderson(f): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2008
Now ladies and Gent,

This is the conclusion of the matter.
Once I has a neighbour who shows so much love, affection and care on the wife; opened two cosmetics shops for her, bought her a car, enough food items at home plus monthly upkeep cash but she keeps disapproving his efforts nagging and comparing him with me. I mean me, because the man was so nagged that he confessed this to me. Sometimes i saw him shed slight tears that almost makes me sober. Frankly some loving men can be too soft in heart.

This woman's attitude was begining to influence other women in the compound that most of the men became annoyingly afraid

Solution

Collectively, we adviced the man to rent an apartment juct opposite our compound which he did. Further advice was that he should keep deaf ears and retire to the apartment the moment the wife starts serious nagging which he also complies. On the first day he retired to the new apartment due to a nagging wife, the wife became more furious and came complaining to me. Of course i advised her to go settle amicably with her husband. On reaching there and knocking for the door to be opened, what she got was a continous splash of olive oil all over her body and blood of Jesus !!!!!!!! from the husband who after spraying about 2 big bottles of the olive oil quickly closed the door.

My friends, the next day the wife surrendered and till day she has never nagged but has learnt to believe that Rome was not built in a day and staying single is not always the best for women.

My advice is that ladies should be patient with men, feed them very well and above all appreciate their little effort and respect them with all sense of humility.

Confession

My wife is almost controlling me but she doesnt know. This is because all her demand comes after i have rested enough, with a smile and written on a small sheet of paper. Secondly, since 7 years of marriage, she serves my food, greets me with a slight traditional bending of her knees while attaching "Sir" to every call and answer. My daughter has learnt this mode of greeting and appreciation and it trips me so much that i always has the strenght to show her more luv 24/7.

But meeeen if cash no dey. e dey worry oh sad sad
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by chika98: 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2008
Call you sir and bend her knees? What is this? the 19th century? Are you freaking kidding me?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by danderson(f): 11:38am On Sep 04, 2008
Just a bit of the yoruba style that has been sustaining their growth everywhere wink
Never under estimate your/your partners culture. It can cost you your life/happiness. Do you think your boss in the office is truly happy the 20th century way you greet/appreciate him? Hii Mr boss whatz up. Politiks is very important in all aspect of life to survive unless you are luckier than OBJ or born with a platinum spoon in your mouth.

Men love that Oga, Sir, My Lord stuff.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by MrCrackles(m): 11:44am On Sep 04, 2008
is there a golden rule to deal with a woman's nagging or ranting?

a woman would only stop nagging if the man is dead! grin
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Ogbeta: 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008

More Stories on This Section

A three-year-old girl, Miss Nonso Sharon Ijeoma, was abducted on Tuesday night from her home in Port Harcourt.
The latest victim of ransom-thirsty gunmen is the daughter of a staff of Agip Oil Company (NAOC) in the Rivers State capital.

She was kidnapped by unknown armed men who forced their way into her No 7 Odoka Close, Off Ada George Road residence. No group has claimed responsibility for the incident as at press time.
Confirming the abduction, the spokesman for the military Joint Task Force (JTF), Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, said security agents have been put on the alert to hunt down the gunmen and rescue the girl.
He confirmed that, “contact has not been made and no ransom demanded.” Col. Musa appealed to members of the public to assist the police and other security agencies with, ‘credible information’ that could help secure the girl’s release and apprehend the culprits.

Meanwhile, Niger Delta militants and men of the JTF were locked in a four-hour battle on Tuesday night till early hours of Wednesday heightening tension in the creeks and riverine communities of Bayelsa State.

According to investigations, the battle was triggered by attempts of militants to invade military formations in the state and frustrate the visit of the new Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Paul Dike and the Senate Committee on Defence.

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) had some days ago claimed that it killed 29 soldiers attached to the JTF in a attacked carried out in Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa states but the Army headquarters had refuted the claim describing it as unfounded.

Checks indicated that militia youths operating around Nembe had at about 8 pm on Tuesday stormed the Nembe waterways and were shooting as they advanced towards the military formation in the area.
The soldiers on duty responded and they battle for about four hours before the militants decided to leave.

No causality has been confirmed as of the time of filling this report but sources in the area said some militants were being treated for bullet wounds.
The Commander of the 73 Battalion in Bayelsa, Lt. Col. Chris Musa, who confirmed the story said the shooting lasted till the early hours of this morning.

“We were not surprised as intelligence report available showed they might come. But we were also ready for them. They are only trying to create a sense of insecurity for those visiting to shy away,” he added.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by akiro(m): 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2008
Listen guys, the height of worst thing to happen to a man is to be saddled with a naging wife.
Believe me it is not something worth relishing. A nagging wife is the shortest route to death, please ladies don't start with ''find out what caused her nagging", it can't just work.

Even the bible - the holy book of God admits that its better to stay on top of a roof than with a nagging wife. May God deliver us from such devils!!!!!!!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idupaul: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2008
Brash!:

is there a golden rule to deal with a woman's nagging or ranting?

a woman would only stop nagging if the man is dead! grin
or u run away, nagging is the easiest way to kill a man, never heard of a man that can stand it.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Pepeye(f): 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2008
Just maintain a dignified silence and the silent treatment will shut her up
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by money4real(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2008
Some tips for how to deal with a nagging wife.

1. Don't Get Married.

2. If you are married - get divorced.

(see number 1)

3. Say yes to everything.

"Don't leave your plates there!"
"Yes, dear"
"are you going to finally get that picture put up?"
"Yes, dear"
"we shouldn't have bought that picture should we?"
"yes dear"
"What would you do without me to tell you what to do."
"yes, dear"
"Why do I have to tell you to do everything?"
"yes, dear"

Just say yes. Saying yes, is the path of least resistance. However, be careful, some answers may actually require a no. For variety, you could throw in a "I completely agree" or "yes, your right". The important thing is you agree with the wife, never directly oppose her. For example, suppose she asks you to cut the lawn, but you don't want to. Just say yes. When she later asks you why you haven't done it, see: number 4, number 6 or number 2

4. Say sorry to everything.

"Why haven't you done x,y,z"
"sorry, dear"

You don't have to actually feel sorry, the important thing is to sound suitably apologetic and pathetic. This does not mean you are losing your dignity, far from it; think of it as very cleverly deflecting all the angst being directed into your corner. Through humility, you are creating harmony where there is frustration. A noble ideal, which will surely have its reward in due course.

5. Lavish Praise.

What a marvelous job you do in cleaning the house! I'm so lucky to have a wife who is so good at cleaning. What you are subtly saying is; why ask me to do it, when you do a much better job.

"Why can't you clean up those dishes,"

"but, you do a much better job than me, dear."

6. Do things so badly you will never be asked again.

Does your wife nag you to go and do the shopping? Well, why not go; but conveniently forget her list? Instead of buying sensible things, come back with intriguing selections of "gourmet" food, and 20 Ready meals (on special offer, with no need for washing up or cooking) If you do something sufficiently badly, you will not be asked again. This point is for the brave; it may require alot or reference to point number 4 (profuse apologies)

7. Presents.

Buy flowers to throw her off guard. You'll probably forget anniversaries and birthdays, so just buy in advance on some random day. "But, I can celebrate your birthday anyday."
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by lysaa(f): 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2008
u have said it all and i completely agree. . tongue
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by TOYOSI20(f): 11:25pm On Oct 30, 2008
@ Topic,

Just quietly listen. . . .  tongue
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by abujabooks(f): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2008
Ignore her!

Go 4 a stroll.

Threaten 2 leave her 4 anoda woman! It makes her wake up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Another Man, She Starves Husband Of Sex / Cheating With Pride. Wife Explains Why / Nigerian Young Man Finds Love In The Arms Of White Grandma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.