Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,360 members, 7,846,563 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306557 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2010
Vicjustice:

It appeases a person to see that his works are appreciated,this kind of commendation actually motivates someone to do more. Thank you for being this thoughtful and enjoy your success. Cheers

I totally agree with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:21am On Dec 08, 2010
former:

@Justwise, thanks, I would have done that, but someone else registered it for me, the guy is a brother's friend, and I haven't seen him for a long time, even before the test, and I couldn't reach him through any means, i think he left the country.[b] The school is King's College of Management, Manchester.[/b]Thanks

PLease check very well, i don't think that that college is registered with HomeOffice.

Look at this list of registered universities and colleges in the uk http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:30am On Dec 08, 2010
@former

That college can't be trusted, they have been in trouble b4 with Homeoffice. Read this

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6964565.ece
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ycoxyng: 10:37am On Dec 08, 2010
cretin:

thanks vicjustice, am looking at staying for 2wks, its just to guard against theft or sumthing.thats why i don want 2 hv to much cash on me.

am asking if my shwoing dem my dom acct credit card is enough.incase they say that 1500pounds is not enough.
also i heard that your money cud be confiscated by the immigration people if u declare more than the required money when entering

i have the ff advice 4 u
1. i think u shd apply for the visa first instead of bothering urself with issues that can be sorted out later.
2. u said u are thinking of spending 2000 pounds on accommodation for just 2 weeks. are u a member of house of reps? u can get cheaper accommodation.
3. u need  to be careful because the ECO will consider alot of things in deciding ur case. such is the issue of spending close to 500K for accommodation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2010
@Justwise
Thanks a lot! I just checked, couldn't find them, I have already paid them 1500 GBP, I hope I get a refund, their trouble is just too much for me concerning the Toefl stuff, I'll try another college. You are really appreciated and I have to commend you for taking your time to help people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2010
former:

@Justwise
Thanks a lot! I just checked, couldn't find them, I have already paid them[b] 1500 GBP[/b], I hope I get a refund, their trouble is just too much for me concerning the Toefl stuff, I'll try another college. You are really appreciated and I have to commend you for taking your time to help people.

I really hope you get ur money back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2010
cretin:

thanks vicjustice, am looking at staying for 2wks, its just to guard against theft or sumthing.thats why i don want 2 hv to much cash on me.
am asking if my shwoing dem my dom acct credit card is enough.incase they say that 1500pounds is not enough.
also i heard that your money cud be confiscated by the immigration people if u declare more than the required money when entering
   Honestly, with my assessment based on experience, you don't seem to be the kind that would be having problem with the Immigration officers, i just don't think you'd encounter much difficulties with them. Man, you should realise that a person needs to pass eligibility test and be considered credit worthy to qualify for credit and be in possession of a credit card, The immigration officers would consider this as a plus to your reputation.
   Actually, your money may not be seized if you declare it to them, but depending on what job you do, the amount of cash, the source and the purpose of the money, you might have some explanation to do. You really got to be careful with carrying huge sum of money, the authority reserves every right to seize it from you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by soheilman: 9:43am On Dec 09, 2010
Hello,

I'm a dentist from Iran. I have applied for student uk visa under tier 4. I do'nt have Ielts but I presented an English certificate. I would like to study English Language first in UK to improve my English Knowledge and then continue my studies. But my visa application has been refused under paraghraph 245ZV (b). I would like tp apply again. Would you please give me some advise about this situition. How should I apply again? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by seanj1: 11:45am On Dec 10, 2010
@justwise.
Hello, my sister applied for uk visa (family visit) she is a student, well just finished,hasn't graduated yet. She was refused based on the fact
1. She didn't submit school fees receipt, registration, but she submitted her school I'd.
2. Her name and that of her uncle who invited her are diffrent (uncle from mother side)
3. She didn't submit payslips,or statements of account of the uncle inviting her.( The uncle isn't the sponsor, her dad's brother is the sponsor and she submitted his account statements)
She was given the right to appeal. Please what do you suggest. Should she appeal or wait to apply when she will be able be her own sponsor, because she just got a well paid job, and she should be able to be sponsor herself on the trip by mid 2011.

Your swift response will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
sean j:

@justwise.Hello, my sister applied for uk visa (family visit) she is a student, well just finished,hasn't graduated yet. She was refused based on the fact[b]1. She didn't submit school fees receipt, registration, but she submitted her school I'd.
2. Her name and that of her uncle who invited her are diffrent (uncle from mother side)
3. She didn't submit payslips,or statements of account of the uncle inviting her.( The uncle isn't the sponsor, her dad's brother is the sponsor and she submitted his account statements)[/b]She was given the right to appeal. Please what do you suggest. Should she appeal or wait to apply when she will be able be her own sponsor, because she just got a well paid job, and she should be able to be sponsor herself on the trip by mid 2011.Your swift response will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
She has two options now,she could appeal and supply all the documents they asked of her OR submit a fresh application and addrss the issues raised by ECO. Can she get payslip or bank statement from her uncle who invited her? Or get those documents from her dady?
Now she is working, she will need to add her letter of employment and a letter from her company stating that she is going for a holiday and would come back to her job. She really need to show her tie to Nigeria.
Since her uncle is inviting her then he need to prove that he is capable of hosting and accommodating her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by seanj1: 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2010
Thanks justwise, I appreciate your swift and positive response.will keep u posted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
sean j:

@justwise.
Hello, my sister applied for uk visa (family visit) she is a student, well just finished,hasn't graduated yet. She was refused based on the fact
1. She didn't submit school fees receipt, registration, but she submitted her school I'd.
3. She didn't submit payslips,or statements of account of the uncle inviting her.( The uncle isn't the sponsor, her dad's brother is the sponsor and she submitted his account statements)
She was given the right to appeal. Please what do you suggest. Should she appeal or wait to apply when she will be able be her own sponsor, because she just got a well paid job, and she should be able to be sponsor herself on the trip by mid 2011.

Your swift response will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
  Now that you are talking about appeal, but on what ground are you appealing this decision? By my crude assessment, i don't think the ECO's decision to refuse her the visa will be overturned, that was a fair decision with no miscarriage of justice.
  Now, you should observe this ridiculous condition yourself: One uncle (with a different surname) is responsible for the invitation, but he will not be responsible for sponsoring or supporting her, and another uncle will be sponsoring and supporting her, but he is not responsible for her invitation. So, who then is her guarantor?
  Also, she had not demonstrated any evidence of home ties, something that would ensure her return to Nigeria, and worse still, she neither has any work experience in Nigeria nor financial details.
  The sad news is, even if she intends to sponsor herself when applying in "mid next year", it is very unlikely that she would be successful without having adequate period of experience working in a reliable company: In most cases, you need to be with a company for over a year for the ECOs to consider your job as an obligation or tie to home country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by debenjie: 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2010
@Justwise or anyone that knows about this,

Does US and UK shares database. I applied for UK visa in 2010 with my e-pali didn't disclosed that I have been refused US visa in 2008 with naija (MVP). Both the MVP and the e-pali has the same information. Hope it won't cause any problem in getting the UK visa.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2010
No, they don't really share database, but they can share information if they have reasons to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by debenjie: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2010
Vics, thanks for your reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 1:59am On Dec 11, 2010
guess u r asking tis question too late.
u said u hv already submitted ur application

its always beta if u disclose such matters,
i was denied visa by the US in aug, and i later applied for Uk in nov n i was succesful,
i even stated it in my uk application that i was denied by the us in aug, n the reasons
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by debenjie: 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2010
earthrealm, thanks for your response. I have already applied for the UK visa, was refused and waiting for my appeal decision becos it was paper hearing. I didn't get this forum in time to ask for advise. I believe God is in control.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ghafleks(m): 2:31am On Dec 13, 2010
HELLO GUYS, IM ON HERE AGAIN, I KNOW MANY CANT REMEMBER ME BUT I GET ALL MY CLUE HERE FOR MY STUDENT VISA AND NOW IM IN UK WITH THREE AND A HALF YEAR STUDYING INFO TECH, WELL THUMBS UP TO U GUYS, U ARE REALLY DOING GREAT AND HELPING PEOPLE, MAY GOD HELP YOU ALL TOO,

IM HERE AGAIN CUS OF MY SIS DAT WANT TO COME TO STUDY AS WELL, IN SUMMARY I NEED ALL THE REQUIREMENT, FROM WHAT TO DO FIRST TO THE LAST, YOU HAVE DONE IT ONCE I KNOW U CAN DO IT AGAIN, WILL BE GLAD TO HERE FROM YOU, CHEERS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 4:52am On Dec 13, 2010
^^ you have gone through the process, that means you should only ask specific questions where you are unsure

shame you didn't contribute anything to this thread or travel section since you got your visa several months ago
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 7:37am On Dec 13, 2010
Dis Guy:

^^ you have gone through the process, that means you should only ask specific questions where you are unsure

shame you didn't contribute anything to this thread or travel section since you got your visa several months ago
   Excellent remark.

@Ghafleks, does this mean that had it not been for your sister who needs assistance, you wouldn't have bothered to testify of the success you made through our humble services?
   Man, you didn't do well at all, this attitude is not encouraging, you know.

Here is the kind of comment that encourages someone:
graffiti:

Good people of Nairaland,
I am an ardent reader of this section and it suffices here to say you guys are doing a pretty wonderful job. I wanted to renew my visit visa and learnt a lot and got some guidance just reading through older posts. I didn't post nor ask questions,just read thru and thru, till I got all I needed and put in my application on last friday and picked up my visa today (tuesday). Halleluyah!
Felt to just drop some commendation for you guys here. More grease to your elbow and keep the flag flying,
Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 9:49am On Dec 13, 2010
justwise:

I really hope you get your money back

@Justwise, You mean they might not refund my money?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:22am On Dec 13, 2010
former:

@Justwise, You mean they might not refund my money?

Its not easy getting ur money from those dodgy colleges, i really hope that ur case will be different
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Periwinkle(m): 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2010
justwise i love the way u attend to people query.thanks so much,you really are a blessing. My question is this; applied for student visa last september but out of ignorance, i indicated i had not applied b4 based on the fact that i used a manual passport and not e-passport when i apllied in 2006. regretably i was refused visa. will the refusal affect my application for next year?how do u advise i fill the forms?cos i intend to provide all information this time around. hope say dem no go ban me for 10yrs.its scary men!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2010
Periwinkle:

justwise i love the way u attend to people query.thanks so much,you really are a blessing. My question is this; applied for student visa last september but out of ignorance, i indicated i had not applied b4 based on the fact that i used a manual passport and not e-passport when i apllied in 2006. regretably i was refused visa. will the refusal affect my application for next year?how do u advise i fill the forms?cos i intend to provide all information this time around. hope say dem no go ban me for 10yrs.its scary men!!!
What was the reason or reasons for the refusals in both occassions? ( 2006 and 2009)
Can you still remember?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Periwinkle(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2010
1st refusal was based on insufficient fund on bank account;
2nd refusal not stating that i had been applied and had been refused before on the visa form filled.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:44pm On Dec 14, 2010
Periwinkle:

1st refusal was based on insufficient fund on bank account;
2nd refusal not stating that i had been applied and had been refused before on the visa form filled.

Ok, when filling the form this time around you have to be honest about your past immigration history. Are you applying for student visa? If yes, do you have the CAS, school fees and maintenace fees? Have you checked if the school is registered with HomeOffice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Periwinkle(m): 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
i had to deferr my admission for next yr.then i had my CAS,My mtce fees etc;also had my ATAS certificate.just wanted to be sure i wont be banned for false information. it was actually a scholarsip so i had no probs wit sponsorship.just deferred the schlarship till next yr.you are saying,when filling the forms i should indicate the reasons for my refusal?what do u think i should use as my reason for the 2nd refusal?thanks for ur response,appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ghafleks(m): 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2010
@DIS GUY, well u are right but u should have take your time to read my past post before passing your judgement, and more so, you are no where to be found at that time, so let me die before you buried me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ghafleks(m): 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2010
@vicjustice, you can only give what you have, its only the infor i know i can share, i cant pretend i know while i dont, the way we see infor is quite diff from each other, and like have posted earlier, take your time to read my past post before judging me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ladej(m): 3:14am On Dec 15, 2010
hi mr justwise and vic justice, splendid job guys. well done grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Xorcyst(m): 5:52am On Dec 15, 2010
@justwise

Hi, remember me from the tier 4 forum? i got my study visa n all and i hope i informed u guys over there?

Pls can you help me with the requirements for a tourist visa? ive check the ukba site and i really want to know who is eligible to invite someone over(i know i am not), how much funds a tourist needs to show in their account, if someone on the salary of about 100k, working for over a yr is deemed to have strong ties to nigeria and what other kind of evidence one can show as proof of ties?

Thanks for all the previous help

regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2010
Xorcyst:

@justwise
Hi, remember me from the tier 4 forum? i got my study visa n all and i hope i informed u guys over there?
Pls can you help me with the requirements for a tourist visa? ive check the ukba site and i really want to know who is eligible to invite someone over(i know i am not), how much funds a tourist needs to show in their account, if someone on the salary of about 100k, working for over a yr is deemed to have strong ties to nigeria and what other kind of evidence one can show as proof of ties?
Thanks for all the previous help
regards
See if this link answers some of ur questions http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/eligibility/
Go through it and see if it helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.