Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,705 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306858 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by okgerald(m): 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2010
Please am a banker and would like to visit the UK just for visiting or holiday. I Have an aunt that is based over there and intend staying with her if eventually i go.
All my plan is towards march or April next year and i want to start processing from today. I dont have any experience and have never applied before. Please help on checklist and things i need to day as from now. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by papilont(m): 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2010
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERNS!!
Applying for a particular visa does not really mean you should submit all the documents u've gotten in your life time. (Complicates Issues)
Please simply go straight to your point and most espctly make a clear purpose of your trip and what will bring you back home (Tie 2 ur Country). ll love 2 b of any future assitance. <Papilon>
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by papilont(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2010
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERNS!!
Applying for a particular visa does not really mean you should submit all the documents u've gotten in your life time. (Complicates Issues)
Please simply go straight to your point and most espctly make a clear purpose of your trip and what will bring you back home (Tie 2 ur Country). ll love 2 b of any future assitance. <Papilon>
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2010
@ok gerald.
no need to worry
u need thefollowing
1. pay slip past 6mnths
2. bank statements, beta if u hv more than 1m in the acct[s]
3. letter of inroduction from ur company
4. ur vacation letter, since u r employed, u must show proof that u r on vacation/hv ur company's permission 2 travel.
5. landed properties/title deeds
6. stocks n bonds.
7. marriage certificate if u r married
cheers good luck.
8. ur hotel booking letter/invitation letter if u r applying as a family visitor
uk visa is easy if u follow the rules,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eyajudah(f): 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2010
Hello everyone, am just joining the house. i had a question bothering me, i came to this site and i want to believe people of high IQ and IDEAS/EXPERIENCE are in the forum.

here is my concern, i applied for a uk visiting visa sometimes march this year and two days later i was called to pick up processed application, behold it was a refusa based on insufficient balance even despite my employer letter stating my gross compensation of 3m. i was heart broken, i wa adviced to apply for review which i did through an agent, they still stood their ground.

i decided to put in again on 22 of this month , with all the documentation in place, i got a text today 26 that is ready for collection am so scared as i dont know what to meet there, as i was just going through their website i got to know the limit for first tier has been reached since nov 10 but application can still be received only that the visa can be delayed. getting a text after 4day does it mean i have refused again! i need word of encouragement pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2010
nope it doesnt.matter, i submitted mine on monday n got the sms on friday, so its like 3 1/2days.n also there was a public hols on tuesday!,
factoring in the public hols makes it even 2-1/2 days!!!, i was succesful.
so dont give up, hv faith
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by okgerald(m): 6:25am On Nov 27, 2010
earthrealm:

@ok gerald.
no need to worry
u need thefollowing
1. pay slip past 6mnths
2. bank statements, beta if u hv more than 1m in the acct[s]
3. letter of inroduction from your company
4. your vacation letter, since u r employed, u must show proof that u r on vacation/hv your company's permission 2 travel.
5. landed properties/title deeds
6. stocks n bonds.
7. marriage certificate if u r married
cheers good luck.
8. your hotel booking letter/invitation letter if u r applying as a family visitor
uk visa is easy if u follow the rules,

Thanks!
How do i apply? Do i apply online or go in person? How long does it take to call for interview after application? Please provide website if am applying online.
I have a landed property but all i can show for it is a paper reciept. I havent really done the papers. I am not sure if an insurance policy document can also be included in the list of documents. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 7:43am On Nov 27, 2010
go to this site, u will see all the info u need
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/wheretoapply/nigeria

uk is different from US, in uk visa application, there is no visa interview, just go to the visa centre n submit ur docs. pay 4 the visa n sms alert.u will be notified after some days if ur visa will scale tru or not.
its alws beta to apply early in the month as the uk hv a fixed nos of visas to give out every yr, they even post the info on the site when the quota has been filled

abt the landed property, u cant just hv a receipt for land or property that u bought, whe u buy land, there shud b a survey plan of te land.together with ur agreement paper prepared by a lawyer,

try n get it.
unless ur salary is fablous n ur employer is a well known organization n u had several millions in ur acct.then maybe u might b lucky n the see those as strong ties to naija
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2010
culled from funkybabe's post

Listed below are the basic requirements for a UK family visit visa.

*Valid international passport.
*Six months bank statement-try to avoid lump deposit of money.
*Photocopies of the applicant's I.D card-school id, work id,nysc id, etc.
*Covering letter from the bank confirming the authenticity of the bank statement.
*Letter of identification from employer or from applicant's university or school.
*Letter of annual leave or vacation or 'permission to travel' from employer or applicant's school.
*Tax clearance certificate of the applicant or that of the sponsor.
*Invitation letter from relative in UK clearly stating his home address and telephone number, nature of relationship to applicant, purpose of the visit, etc.
*Coloured copy of sponsor's biodata passport page.
*Utility bills of the sponsor or applicants <not really necccessary though.
*Mortgage or tenancy deeds of sponsor
*Six months payslips of sponsor
*Property deeds of the applicant (if the applicant is a dependant, he should attach the property deeds of his parents)
*CSCS share certificates (i cant remember what it is called, but the pdocument from CSCS listing all the stocks and their value that an individual has in the Nigerian Stock Market)
*Any other financial document- bonds, fixed deposits, etc.

for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Choosy: 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2010
@eyajudah

I guess you have your answer now, the length of time it takes to process cannot be use to determine the result. I also got my tier 1 Visa in four days this month. Let us know the outcome, wish you joy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eyajudah(f): 6:06am On Dec 01, 2010
Thanks all, i went to the visa center and behold a refusal again, stating their decision that my account balance was inflated, no pictorial evidence of my relation with my daughter and also the birth certificate presented was not endorsed by national population commission. infact i was so pissed that i dont want to apply agiain, but i was advised to see a lawyer and seek advice because their decision was totally rubbish, and should not allowed them assasinate my character and question my intergrity. i need your advice pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 9:07am On Dec 02, 2010
eyajudah:

Thanks all, i went to the visa center and behold a refusal again, stating their decision that my account balance was inflated, no pictorial evidence of my relation with my daughter and also the birth certificate presented was not endorsed by national population commission. infact i was so pissed that i dont want to apply agiain, but i was advised to see a lawyer and seek advice because their decision was totally rubbish, and should not allowed them assasinate my character and question my intergrity. i need your advice pls

You mean there's too much money in your account? or constant cash deposit inflow?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
eyajudah:

B4 you waste ur money with any lawyer, consider those points they raised about ur application carefully. If ur account is inflated as they said and the brith certificate is not original then you are looking at 10yrs ban. They might have called ur bank to verify ur account.

Can you argue ur case with evidences that those documents were genuine?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2010
@Justwise
I've been trying to log in to my Toefl account since 3 days ago but it's telling me User name and password combination incorrect, I don't know what else to do, I would have tried the forgot the password feature but i'm not the one who registered it and I'm unable to contact him, and it's possible i submit my application next week, I'm afraid the UK embassy will try to log in to my Toefl account. Though I have the genuine hard copy (the original) of my test score with me. Could that pose a problem?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2010
former:

@Justwise
I've been trying to log in to my Toefl account since 3 days ago but it's telling me User name and password combination incorrect, I don't know what else to do, I would have tried the forgot the password feature but i'm not the one who registered it and I'm unable to contact him, and it's possible i submit my application next week, I'm afraid the UK embassy will try to log in to my Toefl account. Though I have the genuine hard copy (the original) of my test score with me. Could that pose a problem?
Thanks.

If you have than then submit it, they can verify that if they want.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eyajudah(f): 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
thank God you are online justwise, am a banker, all the docs i presented are all geniue, the birt cert is the one given by the hosiptal, but they want that of national population. i have a fixed deposit that was crashed into my account, i couldnt have send a fake doc to them, their decision is on a false premise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2010
eyajudah:

thank God you are online justwise, am a banker, all the docs i presented are all geniue, the birt cert is the one given by the hosiptal, but they want that of national population. i have a fixed deposit that was crashed into my account, i couldnt have send a fake doc to them, their decision is on a false premise

Ok, then you have a case, were you given the right to appeal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eyajudah(f): 5:00am On Dec 04, 2010
haha justwise, not fully but limited on two grounds(racisim and indiscrimination) i dont even have all the time to appeal, i want to get back to them as soon as possible. i dont mind reapplying and indicating my concerns, but i need a good approved nigeria lawyer on such issues
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2010
eyajudah:

haha justwise, not fully but limited on two grounds(racisim and indiscrimination) i dont even have all the time to appeal, i want to get back to them as soon as possible. i dont mind reapplying and indicating my concerns, but i need a good approved nigeria lawyer on such issues

Appealing on those 2 grounds maybe hard to but re-applying with more evidences maybe a good idea.

Get the brith certificate from national population and get an official letter from ur bank explaining to them that ur account was not inflated as they claimed. Use the space provided in the form for more info to air ur view. You don't need a lawyer for that. However, if ur salary can not add up to ur bank balance then they have enough ground to suspect ur bank statement.

Just address the issues they raised on the refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by reindeer: 1:16am On Dec 05, 2010
On the issue of birth certificates, the Hospital will issue one but you still have to take this to the Local government for registration of birth and then they'll issue you with the one from the POpulation commission. It is a common problem with Private hospitals in Nigeria, if it were from a government hospital they'd have issued you with the NPC type.Just take your birth cert to a local government and make enquiries, alternatively, you could get a sworn affidavit from a court to back up the one you have now.
Best wishes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by koolmd: 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2010
Hello All, I earlier submitted a post on my experience at Gatwick Airport while entering the UK for the first time as a tourist though I had an expired Schengen visa on my passport as I had visited Paris a year back. I got to the immigration officer's desk, handed her my landing card and she started an extensive line of questioning on if I knew people in the UK for which I said know in compliance with the terms of my tourist visa. She looked at my hotel resrvation which was genuine and told me to go and sit! After sitting down for about an hour, another IO took me to my luggage, searched it and asked if I had anything I needed to declare,they saw 3 pieces of lady's weave on which was meant for a colleague also coming on vacation and who would be staying at same hotel with me. Thereafter, I was made to go through finger printing and x-ray scanning but I was eventually released after about 4hrs of this drama. I proceeded to my hotel and spent 1 week there before returning to Nigeria. My concern now is that I noticed that I was given a code 3 landing stamp and want to know if this could have any s
Setback in my subsequent UK visa application. Somebody should please help!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by logunbay: 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2010
"Code 3 should be used whenever there remain doubts about the passenger but there are insufficient grounds to justify refusal."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idischapter2/Chapter2__visitoridi.pdf?view=Binary

Read page
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cretin: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2010
am thinking of applying as a general visitor, ie tourist, n booking a hotel.
my concern is.
AT THE AIRPORT, WILL THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER call the hotel to confirm my hotel booking?, cos am thinking of maybe changing my mind and staying in a pals place?,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2010
@Justwise
It's been almost 2 weeks now that I've been awaiting my CAS from a college in Manchester, paid the required half payment, I got my Toefl test score scanned to them, they're telling me they need the one that will be sent to them by Toefl themself and definitely that will take weeks, and the school might have resumed before Toefl send the score to them, would have sent them my log in and password to confirm (If it's the authenticity they want) but I haven't been able to log in to my Toefl account for almost a week now but I have the test score sent by Toefl to my P.o.box. Please what do you suggest I do, help a brother out!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2010
former:

@Justwise
It's been almost 2 weeks now that I've been awaiting my CAS from a college in Manchester, paid the required half payment, I got my Toefl test score scanned to them, they're telling me they need the one that will be sent to them by Toefl themself and definitely that will take weeks, and the school might have resumed before Toefl send the score to them, would have sent them my log in and password to confirm (If it's the authenticity they want) but I haven't been able to log in to my Toefl account for almost a week now but I have the test score sent by Toefl to my P.o.box. Please what do you suggest I do, help a brother out!

Why not request for the password from Toefl? Which school is that in Manchester?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2010
cretin:

am thinking of applying as a general visitor, ie tourist, n booking a hotel.
my concern is.
AT THE AIRPORT, WILL THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER call the hotel to confirm my hotel booking?, cos am thinking of maybe changing my mind and staying in a pals place?,
What you intend to do will do you no good except to land you into lengthy trouble. If you present a hotel reservation document that isn't genuine or that doesn't represents your true accommodation circumstance, you would be liable to a 10 years ban for misleading information. And yes, you're allowed to change your mind, but don't let this contradict the terms of your visa as you wouldn't fancy the implications should the immigration see it as deceit. Be warned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cretin: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2010
ok thanks vic justice.

the problem is, i hv a genuie hotel reservation, n i got chatting with an old pal of mine in the uk who said i can stay at his place. i am thinking i cud save my self the 2000 pounds wch is the cost of the hotel reservation n stay with my pal instead.

2. how much r u expected to hold as cash when coming as a general visitor?. also i hv a dom acct.cud i just travel with 1500 pounds n tell/show the ImmigratiOn OFFICER that the rest of my funds r in my dom acct/

if the ansa to question nos 2 is no,
ols gimme the min n max amount of cash u shud hv when u land at the airport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2010
justwise:

Why not request for the password from Toefl? Which school is that in Manchester?

@Justwise, thanks, I would have done that, but someone else registered it for me, the guy is a brother's friend, and I haven't seen him for a long time, even before the test, and I couldn't reach him through any means, i think he left the country. The school is King's College of Management, Manchester.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2010
cretin:

ok thanks vic justice. the problem is, i hv a genuie hotel reservation, n i got chatting with an old pal of mine in the uk who said i can stay at his place. i am thinking i cud save my self the 2000 pounds wch is the cost of the hotel reservation n stay with my pal instead.
If this is really the case, then why are you bothered that the Immigration might contact your hotel? Well, the good news is; they would not be interested in you once you are allowed in, they don't usually give concern to your activities while in the country, but then, (though it's unlikely,) you might be subjected to some activity check or questioning during departure.

cretin:

2. how much r u expected to hold as cash when coming as a general visitor?. also i hv a dom acct.cud i just travel with 1500 pounds n tell/show the ImmigratiOn OFFICER that the rest of my funds r in my dom acct/

if the ansa to question nos 2 is no,
ols gimme the min n max amount of cash u shud hv when u land at the airport
The amount of cash that you're expected to have on you depends on how long you declare that you're staying for. But it is advantageous to have much money to spend and less days to stay. . . And (like the benefits of having a credit card), your domiciliary account should aid your position.
Finally, £1.500 ponds is a good amount to spend on holiday, but again, that depends on how long you're staying for. Would you like to disclose that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by graffiti: 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2010
Good people of Nairaland,
I am an ardent reader of this section and it suffices here to say you guys are doing a pretty wonderful job. I wanted to renew my visit visa and learnt a lot and got some guidance just reading through older posts. I didn't post nor ask questions,just read thru and thru, till I got all I needed and put in my application on last friday and picked up my visa today (tuesday). Halleluyah!
Felt to just drop some commendation for you guys here. More grease to your elbow and keep the flag flying,
Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 1:35am On Dec 08, 2010
graffiti:

Good people of Nairaland,
I am an ardent reader of this section and it suffices here to say you guys are doing a pretty wonderful job. I wanted to renew my visit visa and learnt a lot and got some guidance just reading through older posts. I didn't post nor ask questions,just read thru and thru, till I got all I needed and put in my application on last friday and picked up my visa today (tuesday). Halleluyah!
Felt to just drop some commendation for you guys here. More grease to your elbow and keep the flag flying,
Cheers!
It appeases a person to see that his works are appreciated,this kind of commendation actually motivates someone to do more. Thank you for being this thoughtful and enjoy your success. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cretin: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2010
thanks vicjustice, am looking at staying for 2wks, its just to guard against theft or sumthing.thats why i don want 2 hv to much cash on me.

am asking if my shwoing dem my dom acct credit card is enough.incase they say that 1500pounds is not enough.
also i heard that ur money cud be confiscated by the immigration people if u declare more than the required money when entering

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.