Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,720 members, 7,847,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306576 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2011
azpunpin:

Please, I need everyone in the house to advise me cos I have written a review letter to the BHC concerning the decision made to go through my file properly. I hope that is what needs to be done or should I have appeal?

You are better off re-applying, just address those issues raised by ECO, i don't think appealing will yield any positive result, and it will take ages to be sorted out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Justwise
I have already write a review letter to them, I hope that works and they answer asap.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2011
azpunpin:

@Justwise
I have already write a review letter to them, I hope that works and they answer asap.

You sent in an administrative review or just ordinary letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2011
A letter for Administrative review in reference to my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2011
azpunpin:

A letter for Administrative review in reference to my application.

Ok, it does take ages sometimes. U just have to wait for them to get back to u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2011
@Justwise.
Ok, Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nikeron(m): 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2011
@Vicjustice, @Donelly might just be about to go for the first time. He might not be into the whole travelling scene. Is there a crime in applying for the first time? or not knowing about immigration procedures to another country?

This smacks of snobbery and intolerance, the kind of talk that brands every Nigerian abroad as a criminal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sandraa(f): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2011
@ Justwise and all

My frd applied for family visit and she was granted a multi visa for 6mounths

but when she got her documents back with her visa she saw a brown envelope that
was sealed and they wrote

""do not open if seal is tempered with you will start the application process from the beginning!""

pls wats does that mean?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2011
sandraa:

@ Justwise and all

My frd applied for family visit and she was granted a multi visa for 6mounths

but when she got her documents back with her visa she saw a brown envelope that
was sealed and they wrote

[b] ""do not open if seal is tempered with you will start the application process from the beginning!""[/b]pls wats does that mean?

I never came across that b4, lets hope that somebody here will help out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:38am On Apr 28, 2011
nikeron:

@Vicjustice, @Donelly might just be about to go for the first time. He might not be into the whole travelling scene. Is there a crime in applying for the first time? or not knowing about immigration procedures to another country?

This smacks of snobbery and intolerance, the kind of talk that brands every Nigerian abroad as a criminal.
   Sure, there's nothing wrong in being a first time visa applicant, but for an applicant who intend to travel to the UK for "business" purpose, the below quote is highly questionable.
donnelly:

Good people of nairaland, i want to travel to uk for a business trip, pls can some body advise me how to go about it. How do i get a business invitation, How much money should be in my account and what are the necessary things that is important i should  have or do. I have travel to china more than 4times. thanks.
   And my initial response to it reads "not meaning to be rude, but if really you intend to visit the UK for Business purpose, then, you'd not be asking questions on how to get the invitation letter or how much you need in your own account to do your very business; is there something else you have to tell us?"

Please, don't get me wrong, i'm not at all against anyone who is making a move to enter any desired country, i'm only concerned of the fact that his claims do not add up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by donnelly(m): 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2011
Vicjustice:

Sure, there's nothing wrong in being a first time visa applicant, but for an applicant who intend to travel to the UK for "business" purpose, the below quote is highly questionable. And my initial response to it reads "not meaning to be rude, but if really you intend to visit the UK for Business purpose, then, you'd not be asking questions on how to get the invitation letter or how much you need in your own account to do your very business; is there something else you have to tell us?"

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not at all against anyone who is making a move to enter any desired country, I'm only concerned of the fact that his claims do not add up.
Vicjustice, please can you be more elaborate because i don't understand, if there is any way i have gone wrong, let me understand, b/c i need someone to help or assist me. i sincerely want to travel to UK, and i want to apply next month, if business iv is difficult, i think i have to apply for tourist, any advise is welcome, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by orebs: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2011
Hello Everyone!

Please I need someone to advice me on what to do next. The issue is that some time in Dec'10, i was to apply for a UK visiting visa. In fact, going by my status i have all it takes to travel to UK on a normal ground, because i have a very good job and my colleagues were getting it easily. But along the line, my friend who is a member of Goodluck Jonathan Reality 2011 campaign organisation adviced that i join their planned campaign to london. He said it would make my visa issuance easier and faster. So i took to his advice and filled a membership form, and an ID card was given to me. We submitted the application in Dec'10, but the application was refused under section 320(7A). It was stated in my refusal letter that they were informed by the Reality 2011 that the letter of introduction i submitted was not from them. They said further application might be refused under section 320(7B), and that might result into 10 years ban. I suspected my friend had played a prank on me because i promised to give him money if its successful. Please what should i do now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2011
donnelly:

Vicjustice, please can you be more elaborate because i don't understand, if there is any way i have gone wrong, let me understand, b/c i need someone to help or assist me. i sincerely want to travel to UK, and i want to apply next month, if business iv is difficult, i think i have to apply for tourist, any advise is welcome, thanks.
My point is; a person applying for a business visa is expected to have business initiatives with business connections and contacts, but for you to be in need of a business Invitation letter is a total suspect: and now that you're thinking of applying for a tourist visa with the intention of doing business in the UK is ridiculous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
orebs:

Hello Everyone!

Please I need someone to advice me on what to do next. The issue is that some time in Dec'10, i was to apply for a UK visiting visa. In fact, going by my status i have all it takes to travel to UK on a normal ground, because i have a very good job and my colleagues were getting it easily. But along the line, my friend who is a member of Goodluck Jonathan Reality 2011 campaign organisation adviced that i join their planned campaign to london. He said it would make my visa issuance easier and faster. So i took to his advice and filled a membership form, and an ID card was given to me. We submitted the application in Dec'10, but the application was refused under section 320(7A). It was stated in my refusal letter that they were informed by the Reality 2011 that the letter of introduction i submitted was not from them. They said further application might be refused under section 320(7B), and that might result into 10 years ban. I suspected my friend had played a prank on me because i promised to give him money if its successful. Please what should i do now.
Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you can do in this situation, you've just been banned from the UK for 10 years, which means, it's up to you to apply as many times as you wish, but you will be considered ineligible for the visa until after 10 years. Read more in the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401198.0.html
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ganan4you: 12:04am On May 02, 2011
@ all
I did my undergraduate degree in UK and worked there for 2year after graduation. During my stay there, i never had any problem renewing my visa. I return home last year and while here, i applied for a student visa, so i can go back to the UK to do my masters. However, my visa was refused.

As my things are still in the UK, i want to apply for a visitors visa so i can go pick my things there. At the moment, am not working, still lives with my parents and rely on them to sponsor me. Please, how do i go about applying for the visitors visa?

Please, i need your advise!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 1:49am On May 02, 2011
ganan4you:

@ all
I did my undergraduate degree in UK and worked there for 2year after graduation. During my stay there, i never had any problem renewing my visa. I return home last year and while here, i applied for a student visa, so i can go back to the UK to do my masters. However, my visa was refused.

As my things are still in the UK, i want to apply for a visitors visa so i can go pick my things there. At the moment, am not working, still lives with my parents and rely on them to sponsor me. Please, how do i go about applying for the visitors visa?

Please, i need your advise!!
   If (by invitation) you're applying for a Family Visit visa and you don't have a job in your country, the Visa Officer may turn his focus on the person who is inviting you, and your application may be influenced based on the person's calibre and reputation and his desire to cover every cost and guarantee your departure in due time. But if you're applying for a Visit visa (otherwise known as Tourist visa), you'd have to meet the certain requirements and you must have a job good enough to impress the Visa Officer, and also, you must have reasonable amount of money in your bank account statement showing transaction details reading back to the last 3 or 6 months.
   So, as a jobless man (who has previously been refused a Student visa), your chance of getting a Tourist visa is very, very slim except the visa officer decides to break the golden rules and issue a tourist visa to a jobless man who has little or no obligation to return to home country.
   The VO would definitely want to know what you've been doing since you graduated and will suspect that you intend to take up employment in the UK or resort to public funds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ganan4you: 12:42pm On May 02, 2011
@ Vicjustice
Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 3:43pm On May 02, 2011
Nairalanders,

Please i need your advise on my new UK visa application. Previously (2010) i have apply to Norway for tourist visa but was refused base on the fact that am not married etc but now i intend to apply for UK visiting visa and i want to put in my best into the application.

I intend to submit the following documents for the application:
1) Letter of introduction from my Office includeing my Letter of employment, promotions etc
2) Letter of grating of leave
3) 6 months payment slip
4) Bank statements (with reference letters from the bank) (with over 1M)
5) Hotel Reservation (Also to be included is places i like to visit during the visit like tour of Cheasel FC stadium)
6)  Landed property documents (worty 1.6M)
7) stock statements (abt 2M)
9) My Own Company Registration Documents including the company account statement (the company is newly registered in March 2011. It currently executiving a sizeable contract)

I need advise concerning my bank statements, due to militians issues in 2008/2009, my company own all of us staff about 5 months slalaries, so as things improves, all  backlogs of salaries were paid so this eans that for some months, i receive more than my usual salary, how can i explain this in my application so that it will not look like cash lodgements.

I will appreciate your tips or advices.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cretin: 10:31am On May 05, 2011
orebs:

Hello Everyone!

@OREBS, UR CASE IS QUITE PATHETHIC, BUT UNFORTUNATELY AS VIC JUSTICE HAS POINTED OUT.u hv just been given a 10yr ban by the UK govt, u cud however confirm this [ ie if u disbelieve/wanna try ur luck/hv money to spare], by applying again, but am almost 99.9% sure that u wont be issued.i wud advice u to try france/US , hopefully the ban is limited to uk alone.

cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 07, 2011
Oreb, your 10-year ban will be limited to the UK alone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:21am On May 10, 2011
oreb your story is quite a sad one. If truly a friend did this to you then it is a pity. Envy na wa. Please let this be a lesson to you, do not tell anybody of your plans, please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Henry1975: 8:12pm On May 11, 2011
Hi just joined. I am really struggling. I was refused for forged statement and i don't know what to do. I can appeal but i have 10 year ban. Can anyone help give advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:05am On May 12, 2011
Henry1975:

Hi just joined. I am really struggling. I was refused for forged statement and i don't know what to do. I can appeal but i have 10 year ban. Can anyone help give advise

Welcome aboard, and sorry to hear your plight.

Were you aware the documents you submitted were forged? Not sure if you can appeal under the circumstances, if it was proved the documents were forgeries. If you could appeal, I'm afraid it might be a futile, fruitless exercise, a waste of money.

Good luck though, whatever you decide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 2:29pm On May 12, 2011
has anyone recently applied for a student visa? I need to know if they have already implemented th plan of applicants signing an agreement of retaining their maintenance funds and remaining tuition from what they have paid in their accounts for longer than the usual 28days so it can be verified from time to time, these people have really tightened our necks oo, shocked shocked shocked

it is on the ukba website that this will be starting in july but i am just checking to see that it hasn't started now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:04pm On May 12, 2011
mazamaza:

has anyone recently applied for a student visa? I need to know if they have already implemented th plan of applicants signing an agreement of retaining their maintenance funds and remaining tuition from what they have paid in their accounts for longer than the usual 28days so it can be verified from time to time, these people have really tightened our necks oo, shocked shocked shocked

it is on the ukba website that this will be starting in july but i am just checking to see that it hasn't started now.

That rule its not new, the only new thing added is the signing of agreement, all long u are required to have that money through out ur studies, when u get to the UK the school have every right to ask u to pay all the fees once cos u have shown that u have all the money during ur visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 3:16pm On May 12, 2011
Good day Everybody, I have been reading this thraed for a while and i need to ask little question, my Brother want me him to travel to the UK during is vacation period and i think i will be on vocation from school as well, my brother has valid uk visa 5 years or so because he has been traveling to UK since and other country like canada and usa, now he want to take me along with him to the UK on his next visit , my question is that is it possible we stay in an hotel since the only person we have in the UK that send us invitation letter is on vacation to the usa, also advice with any other document he can include and the application should be package.
Hope some one will reply me back soon.
tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by fishhooks: 3:35pm On May 12, 2011
Dear All
I need some advice please. My fiancé was refused a visiting visa based on the information he gave. He said he earns 250,000 which is his gross (before tax) whereas he actually gets paid 94,000 net (after tax).

The ECO’s words were - I note that the account you submitted does not reflect your stated salary. Although salary credits can be seen in this account, you are more often paid 2 times less what you have claimed. I also note you have not submitted any original pay slips to confirm your stated salary.

Second reason for refusal given was that he used my uncle and said he is his uncle but NOT his sponsor. They rang my uncle and my uncle said he is a family friend. These are the ECO’s words - You state that your sponsor is your uncle (He never did that. He said he was sponsoring himself) however I have contacted your sponsor today and he has confirmed you are not related as claimed. Your sponsor has confirmed that he is sponsoring your visit and that you are a family friend. Whilst I note that you will be accommodated by your sponsor, you have not provided any evidence that he has adequate accommodation available to you during your stay. You also state that he is a Doctor, however you have not provided any evidence of your sponsor’s employment in the UK. He attached a letter form my uncle and his British passport but nothing else as he never claimed to be his sponsor.

He has been told he has no full right of appeal. Now the dilemma is this. Does he re-apply or do you think he’s been banned based on the inconsistencies above and though it says he hasn’t got full rights of appeal, can he still appeal ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:12pm On May 12, 2011
fishhooks:

Dear AllI need some advice please. My fiancé was refused a visiting visa based on the information he gave. He said he earns 250,000 which is his gross (before tax) whereas he actually gets paid 94,000 net (after tax).
The ECO’s words were -  I note that the account you submitted does not reflect your stated salary. Although salary credits can be seen in this account, you are more often paid 2 times less what you have claimed. [b]I also note you have not submitted any original pay slips to confirm your stated salary.[/b]Second reason for refusal given was that he used my uncle and said he is his uncle but NOT his sponsor. They rang my uncle and my uncle said he is a family friend. These are the ECO’s words  - You state that your sponsor is your uncle (He never did that. He said he was sponsoring himself) however I have contacted your sponsor today and he has confirmed you are not related as claimed. Your sponsor has confirmed that he is sponsoring your visit and that you are a family friend. Whilst I note that you will be accommodated by your sponsor, you have not provided any evidence that he has adequate accommodation available to you during your stay. You also state that he is a Doctor, however you have not provided any evidence of your sponsor’s employment in the UK. He attached a letter form my uncle and his British passport but nothing else as he never claimed to be his sponsor.He has been told he has no full right of appeal. Now the dilemma is this. Does he re-apply or do you think he’s been banned based on the inconsistencies above and though it says he hasn’t got full rights of appeal, can he still appeal ?
When the ECO said your fiancé did not submit original payslip, does it mean he submitted fake one? I don't think he is banned for 10yrs, only if he had submitted some fake documents. If he wants to re-apply then he has to address all the issues raised by the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:17pm On May 12, 2011
reloaded11:

Good day Everybody, I have been reading this thraed for a while and i need to ask little question, my Brother want me him to travel to the UK during is vacation period and i think i will be on vocation from school as well, my brother has valid uk visa 5 years or so because he has been traveling to UK since and other country like canada and usa, now he want to take me along with him to the UK on his next visit , my question is that is it possible we stay in an hotel since the only person we have in the UK that send us invitation letter is on vacation to the usa, also advice with any other document he can include and the application should be package.
Hope some one will reply me back soon.
tanx

Yes u can stay in hotel, nothing wrong with that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 6:11pm On May 12, 2011
@justwise
Thanks for the response to my question, but i need you to answer the second question, what other document should we add as he is the owner of his company and i think he has about 3 million in his account personal and he is the one that will sponsor the trip,how do we go about the whole processing , should he include his international passport or just the visa pages which he has is UK visa, on my side what are the document i will need to provide?
anticipating your quick response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:33pm On May 12, 2011
reloaded11:

@justwise
Thanks for the response to my question, but i need you to answer the second question, what other document should we add as he is the owner of his company and i think he has about 3 million in his account personal and he is the one that will sponsor the trip,how do we go about the whole processing , should he include his international passport or just the visa pages which he has is UK visa, on my side what are the document i will need to provide?
anticipating your quick response

Is ur brother in the UK or in Nigeria? You need a letter and ur progress report from ur school(make sure its during ur school holiday). He need to include the visa page of his passport.

Go through this link for more info

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 6:35pm On May 12, 2011
fishhooks:

Dear All
I need some advice please. My fiancé was refused a visiting visa based on the information he gave. He said he earns 250,000 which is his gross (before tax) whereas he actually gets paid 94,000 net (after tax).

The ECO’s words were -  I note that the account you submitted does not reflect your stated salary. Although salary credits can be seen in this account, you are more often paid 2 times less what you have claimed. I also note you have not submitted any original pay slips to confirm your stated salary.

Second reason for refusal given was that he used my uncle and said he is his uncle but NOT his sponsor. They rang my uncle and my uncle said he is a family friend. These are the ECO’s words  - You state that your sponsor is your uncle (He never did that. He said he was sponsoring himself) however I have contacted your sponsor today and he has confirmed you are not related as claimed. Your sponsor has confirmed that he is sponsoring your visit and that you are a family friend. Whilst I note that you will be accommodated by your sponsor, you have not provided any evidence that he has adequate accommodation available to you during your stay. You also state that he is a Doctor, however you have not provided any evidence of your sponsor’s employment in the UK. He attached a letter form my uncle and his British passport but nothing else as he never claimed to be his sponsor.

He has been told he has no full right of appeal. Now the dilemma is this. Does he re-apply or do you think he’s been banned based on the inconsistencies above and though it says he hasn’t got full rights of appeal, can he still appeal ?
   It would help if you can provide answers to Justwise' question.
  Anyway, it is difficult to say whether he'd been place under a ban or not;  But if however he lied (in writing) about his financial circumstance, he would be in the category of those providing misleading information in an "attempt to obtain the UK visa by means of deception", and as a result, his fate depends greatly on the discretion of the Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) who is empowered to either enforce the 10 years ban or pardon his action depending on how serious he considers the deception to be.
  Now, the fact that he wasn't given the (full) rights of appeal does not mean that he's under a ban, it simply means that his (refused) application did not attract such rights on categorical grounds.
  Should he wish to make future application, I'd advise that he requests to know whether he is eligible or not, the embassy should advise him on his position.
And to answer your final question; NO, he can't appeal it

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.