Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,782 members, 7,866,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:45 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306884 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 9:50pm On May 29, 2011
Slyp:

I m so scared because i m using a new account. So wot is my change of get a visa. i ve every other  required document.
Like justwise already said to you, make sure your bank statement has the required funds -for the region your uni/college is based i.e within or outside london- for 28days before you print out your bank statement.

Then, make sure that when the statement is printed, the last print/part of the statement shows a total amount to the tune you are required to have in your account.

Justwise suggested that you go pay in some money into the account, so that when you print out the statement, the closing balance will show at the end of the statement. This will assist the ECO to avoid making mistake when assessing the bank statement.

I also then suggested that to be on the safe side, you should request for a letter from your bank, written on the bank's official letter head, stating to that effect that you have had the amount of money in your account for 28days with the sum clearly stated in your account. This is as valid as your bank statement in the eyes of the immigration rules.Make sure the letter is signed off by hand by the appropraite official of the bank.

It doesn't matter if you just created the account for the last two months, provided the 28days requirement is satisfied and the bank statement and letter does reflect this, the ECO will award you your required points under maintenance.

Question: Have you had the required amount in the said account for the past 28days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Like justwise already said to you, make sure your bank statement has the required funds -for the region your uni/college is based i.e within or outside london- for 28days before you print out your bank statement.

Then, make sure that when the statement is printed, the last print/part of the statement shows a total amount to the tune you are required to have in your account.

Justwise suggested that you go pay in some money into the account, so that when you print out the statement, the closing balance will show at the end of the statement. This will assist the ECO to avoid making mistake when assessing the bank statement.

I also then suggested that to be on the safe side, you should request for a letter from your bank, written on the bank's official letter head, stating to that effect that you have had the amount of money in your account for 28days with the sum clearly stated in your account. This is as valid as your bank statement in the eyes of the immigration rules.Make sure the letter is signed off by hand by the appropraite official of the bank.

It doesn't matter if you just created the account for the last two months, provided the 28days requirement is satisfied and the bank statement and letter does reflect this, the ECO will award you your required points under maintenance.

Question: Have you had the required amount in the said account for the past 28days?
@poster, i hope this helps?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 8:25am On May 30, 2011
Yes, it helps alot. The money has nt spend upto 28days, i m stil waitin 4 it to complete dat 28 days.
Pls like i said in my previous post the required amount in d region where my school is located is just 4300ps bt i ve more than 7000ps in my acct, so don't u think the ECO would prefer the money to b restricted to the required amount? Thanks 4 ur awaitin reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 8:27am On May 30, 2011
Yes, it helps alot. The money has nt spend upto 28days, i m stil waitin 4 it to complete dat 28 days.
Pls like i said in my previous post the required amount in d region where my school is located is just 4300ps bt i ve more than 7000ps in my acct, so don't u think the ECO would prefer the money to b restricted to the required amount? Thanks 4 ur awaitin reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:44am On May 30, 2011
Slyp:

Pls like i said in my previous post the required amount in d region where my school is located is just 4300ps bt i ve more than 7000ps in my acct, so don't u think the ECO would prefer the money to b restricted to the required amount? Thanks 4 your awaitin reply.

Its not £4300 in any region, if ur school is in London then its £7200, outside London is £5400, £7000 is ok if ur school is outside London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 10:24pm On May 30, 2011
Slyp:

Pls like i said in my previous post the required amount in d region where my school is located is just 4300ps bt i ve more than 7000ps in my acct, so don't u think the ECO would prefer the money to b restricted to the required amount? Thanks 4 your awaitin reply.
Just leave that whole money there for 28days. Leaving it there would not have any negative effect o your application. Moreso, the ECO will not raise any suspicion seeing an account that shows the account owner as being very financially bouyant. On the contrary, a large withdrawal will raise suspicion that you only took money elsewhere to sure up your account for the purpose of securing a UK Visas. We have also had cases of ECO question the ability of the account owner to support the applicant citing the huge withdrawals as his backup.

Nutshell, leave the whole money there for 28days, get your statement printed and also obtain the letter as adviced in my and justwise earlier post.

Lastly, please include a letter of index of ALL the documents you are attaching with your application as supporting evidence, address the letter to the ECO. Such letters have turned out to be the saving grace for some people in thier Appeal (at the AIT),that were refusal visas by the ECO with thier usual claim that documents so and so was not included with the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brazillo75: 9:11pm On May 31, 2011
Hi all,

Just wondering how long it takes to process a family visit visa to the uk. Sponsored my Grand mum to visit me in the uk. She applied since 17-05-11 but yet they haven't returned her passport.

I will appreciate if anyone can tell me the current processing time for a family visit.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 12:42am On Jun 01, 2011
Justwise/others,

I still have my UK business visa valid till sept 2011, what shengen country can i easily apply for easy visa access.
I will like to travel with my wife this time and note she has never travelled outside nigeria before,what is her
chances if we apply together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:56am On Jun 01, 2011
osarodon:

Justwise/others,

I still have my UK business visa valid till  sept 2011, what shengen country can i easily apply for easy visa access.
I will like to travel with my wife this time and note she has never travelled outside nigeria before,what is her
chances if we apply together.

Bro how are u?

I don't know of any 'easy' Schengen country to start with but i don't think u will have any problem with anyone u choose cos u have done it b4, your wife will be ok if u applied as a couple.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2011
@Justwise,

Thanks for all your contributions in the past,present and future.
I am thinking of using Germany for the tourist visa application,
Someone advised that I should add my 2 kids to the application
so that it will be a full family, that they have respect for family
application.
Whats your comment on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 9:01am On Jun 02, 2011
Hi guys,
pls can i start countin my 28days from the day i make my last deposit or i should start a day after my last deposit? Pls can u guys brief me about the new ukba student policy on tuition fee by july? Thanks, god bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 9:16am On Jun 02, 2011
Hi guys
pls can i start countin my 28days from the day i make my last deposit or i should start a day after my last deposit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2011
Slyp:

Hi guys
pls can i start countin my 28days from the day i make my last deposit or i should start a day after my last deposit?

You start counting the 28days from the day u deposit the required amount, that is. . .maintenance fees and school fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2011
osarodon:

@Justwise,

Thanks for all your contributions in the past,present and future.
I am thinking of using Germany for the tourist visa application,
Someone advised that I should add my 2 kids to the application
so that it will be a full family, that they have respect for family
application.
Whats your comment on this?

Going as a family will help though that means that u have to prove to the embassy that u have enough money for the trip, including health insurance for the whole family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2011
Thanks Justwise,

At least I have an account of up to like 1.5m naira to show but I am a bit confuse on one issue;
Some one told me that adding my kids could give us a brighter chance but another person says
otherwise,
From experience what do you think is the best way out.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phraoh(m): 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2011
Please Nairalanders,i love this topic.Am due to start my Masters in the University of Portsmouth Business school,i will like to ask those in UK,if its a good school.Also i will be applying for my visa in June,some people are mentioning something about English requirements and am confused as i was before,cos i asked the school and they said that i have an unconditional offer,so require no other academic requirements.It will be pertinent to note that i have paid my full tuition and also have an accommodation over there.

Do i need English to apply for visa,moreover,i put 1.8 million in ma account coupled with like 300k i had in that account it amounted to 2. sth million buh i had to remove 250000 to another account the next day.Now,is that a problem.Also i put the money in May buh i will be applying for visa in June,which will be more than 28days,is that a problem.

It will be pertinent to note that this account is an account i use for my regularly monthly income being a serving Corp member(not for NYSC allowee ooo but in d military agency am serving in),is that a problem?

Will be grateful to all responses,especially from JUSTWISE,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2011
phraoh:

Please Nairalanders,i love this topic.Am due to start my Masters in the University of Portsmouth Business school,i will like to ask those in UK,if its a good school.Also i will be applying for my visa in June,some people are mentioning something about English requirements and am confused as i was before,cos i asked the school and they said that i have an unconditional offer,so require no other academic requirements.It will be pertinent to note that i have paid my full tuition and also have an accommodation over there.
Do i need English to apply for visa,moreover,i put 1.8 million in ma account coupled with like 300k i had in that account it amounted to 2. sth million buh i had to remove 250000 to another account the next day.Now,is that a problem.Also i put the money in May buh i will be applying for visa in June,which will be more than 28days,is that a problem.
It will be pertinent to note that this account is an account i use for my regularly monthly income being a serving Corp member(not for NYSC allowee ooo but in d military agency am serving in),is that a problem?
Will be grateful to all responses,especially from JUSTWISE,

What you should have in that account for 28days is £5400 maintenace fees since you have paid all your fees. Its ok to apply this month, and not July.

If the school have accepted ur application and said that u don't need any other academic requirement then u are ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2011
Justwise,
I await your response on this below:

osarodon:

Thanks Justwise,

At least I have an account of up to like 1.5m naira to show but I am a bit confuse on one issue;
Some one told me that adding my kids could give us a brighter chance but another person says
otherwise,
From experience what do you think is the best way out.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2011
osarodon:

Justwise,
I await your response on this below:

Like i said in my previous post, it might give u an advantage however, you have to provide enough proof to show that u are capable to travel with your wife and 2 young kids. Adequate accommodation suitable for kids, health insurance for the whole family etc , visit German or French embassy website and see what the requirements are for family visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2011
Pls justwise gv a reply to d msg i sent to ur mail box pls, Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
Pls justwise gv reply to d msg i sent to ur mail box yesterday pls, Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2011
Slyp:

Pls justwise gv reply to d msg i sent to your mail box yesterday pls, Thank u

Check very well cos i replied ur email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2011
If i apply by july wud there b any problem. Pls i ve my reason 4 dis quetn. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
If i apply by july wud there b any problem. Pls i ve my reason 4 dis quetn. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2011
Slyp:

You can apply by July if that money has stayed 28days(including sat and sun) and not more than a month after the 28days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2011
The reason i m askin cos of wot i read on this thread concerning the new student policy. Someone said it wil b implemetd by july. I m a kind of sceptic if d requird money wil now b more than d present amount by july. I ve other quetn bt let me get respond to dis 1st. Tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
The reason i m askin cos of wot i read on this thread concerning the new student policy. Someone said it wil b implemetd by july. I m a kind of sceptic if d requird money wil now b more than d present amount by july. I ve other quetn bt let me get respond to dis 1st. Tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
Slyp:

If you genuinely want to study in the UK and have all the money( school and maintenance fees) then July policy shouldn't bother u. July policy will only affect pple who claimed to have the required amount of money but as soon as the visa is issued they return the money to the owner and travel to the UK to risk it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2011
I m goin there to study, that is for real. I m askin cos i don't ve ful info abt the new policy and that s one of the purpose of this thread, to get updated on any latest so as to avoid any mistake. I know that the present 28days policy include both maintenance 1st yr school fee. this new policy wich fees ar they refern? is it the whole fees for the number of yrs one wil be in skul or wot? Pls a beg to know so as nt mistake in my applicatn. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2011
I m goin there to study, that is for real. I m askin cos i don't ve ful info abt the new policy and that s one of the purpose of this thread, to get updated on any latest so as to avoid any mistake. I know that the present 28days policy include both maintenance &1st yr school fee. this new policy wich fees ar they refern? is it the whole fees for the number of yrs one wil be in skul or wot? Pls a beg to know so as nt mistake in my applicatn. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slyp: 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2011
I m goin there to study, that is for real. I m askin cos i don't ve ful info abt the new policy and that s one of the purpose of this thread, to get updated on any latest so as to avoid any mistake. I know that the present 28days policy include both maintenance &1st yr school fee. this new policy wich fees ar they refern? is it the whole fees for the number of yrs one wil be in skul or wot? Pls a beg to know so as nt mistake in my applicatn. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2011
Slyp:

This is the summary of the whole new changes
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/summary-student-policy.pdf

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.