Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,745 members, 7,848,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306577 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:39pm On May 12, 2011
Vicjustice:

It would help if you can provide answers to Justwise' question.
  Anyway, it is difficult to say whether he'd been place under a ban or not;  But if however he lied (in writing) about his financial circumstance, he would be on the category of those providing misleading information in an "attempt to obtain the UK visa by means of deception", and as a result, his fate depends greatly on the discretion of the Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) who is empowered to either enforce the 10 years ban or pardon his action depending on how serious he considers the deception to be.
  Now, the fact that he wasn't given the (full) rights of appeal does not mean that he's under a ban, it simply means that his (refused) application did not attract such rights on categorical grounds.
  Should he wish to make future application, I'd advise that he requests to know whether his is eligible or not, the embassy should advise him on his position.

Very important point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by fishhooks: 6:46pm On May 12, 2011
Thank you Vic and Justwise. He didn't submit any pay slip, he stated on the form that he earns 200,000 which is his salary before tax but the ECO said the amount that goes into his monthly account is not consistent with the amount he claims he earns.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 6:48pm On May 12, 2011
Nairalanders,

Please i need your advise on my new UK visa application. Previously (2010) i have apply to Norway for tourist visa but was refused base on the fact that am not married etc but now i intend to apply for UK visiting visa and i want to put in my best into the application.

I intend to submit the following documents for the application:
1) Letter of introduction from my Office includeing my Letter of employment, promotions etc
2) Letter of grating of leave
3) 6 months payment slip
4) Bank statements (with reference letters from the bank) (with over 1M)
5) Hotel Reservation (Also to be included is places i like to visit during the visit  like tour of Cheasel FC stadium)
6)  Landed property documents (worty 1.6M)
7) stock statements (abt 2M)
9) My Own Company Registration Documents including the company account statement (the company is newly registered in March 2011. It currently executiving a sizeable contract)

I need advise concerning my bank statements, due to militians issues in 2008/2009, my company own all of us staff about 5 months slalaries, so as things improves, all  backlogs of salaries were paid so this eans that for some months, i receive more than my usual salary, how can i explain this in my application so that it will not look like cash lodgements.

I will appreciate your tips or advices.

Justwise & Others,

Please am waiting afor your advises on my request above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 6:50pm On May 12, 2011
@justwise.
My brother is in Nigeria and yes i will make sure my school is in holiday, can you help and list needed documents my brother will have to provide as he is the going to take of the ticket and all other expenses .
i await your response soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:58pm On May 12, 2011
jt2010:

Nairalanders,

Please i need your advise on my new UK visa application. Previously (2010) i have apply to Norway for tourist visa but was refused base on the fact that am not married etc but now i intend to apply for UK visiting visa and i want to put in my best into the application.

I intend to submit the following documents for the application:
1) Letter of introduction from my Office includeing my Letter of employment, promotions etc
2) Letter of grating of leave
3) 6 months payment slip
4) Bank statements (with reference letters from the bank) (with over 1M)
5) Hotel Reservation (Also to be included is places i like to visit during the visit like tour of Cheasel FC stadium)
6)  Landed property documents (worty 1.6M)
7) stock statements (abt 2M)
9) My Own Company Registration Documents including the company account statement (the company is newly registered in March 2011. It currently executiving a sizeable contract)
I need advise concerning my bank statements, due to militians issues in 2008/2009, my company own all of us staff about 5 months slalaries, so as things improves, all  backlogs of salaries were paid so this eans that for some months, i receive more than my usual salary, how can i explain this in my application so that it will not look like cash lodgements.
I will appreciate your tips or advices.

Your documents are ok.

For ur last question. . explain it the same way u did here, just use the space provided in the form to explain that to ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:59pm On May 12, 2011
reloaded11:

@justwise.
My brother is in Nigeria and yes i will make sure my school is in holiday, can you help and list needed documents my brother will have to provide as he is the going to take of the ticket and all other expenses .
i await your response soon

That link i provided will give u more info about documents u need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 6:59pm On May 12, 2011
fishhooks:

Thank you Vic and Justwise. He didn't submit any pay slip, he stated on the form that he earns 200,000 which is his salary before tax but the ECO said the amount that goes into his monthly account is not consistent with the amount he claims he earns.  
  I don't think he's under the ban since he can arguably defend his claim that the exaggerated or overwritten sum is from other undocumented source; trust me, these Entry Clearance Officers (ECO) are well familiar with Nigerian Labour Industry and the system of payment, remember, most people in Nigeria don't have their incomes documented: He can simply claim that he owns some minor business or does some other casual works.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by fishhooks: 7:04pm On May 12, 2011
Vic and Justwise, how can he find out if he's eligible to re-apply and if so, how long should he wait before re-applying?

Thank you so much for your advice, God bless you. What about the second reason the ECO gave saying my uncle said they're not related but family friends? How does he address that? Would that not be seen as deception?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 7:19pm On May 12, 2011
fishhooks:

Vic and Justwise, how can he find out if he's eligible to re-apply and if so, how long should he wait before re-applying?
   It is unfortunate that now-a-days, Nigerians can only apply for the UK visa through the embassy's Partner company that knows nothing about applicant's eligibility and as a result, he might need to make a gamble application which would then give him the opportunity to know his position.
But as i said earlier, i don't think he's under a ban, and to answer you other question, there's no time frame or regulation as to when a refused applicant can make reapplication, he can apply again any time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 7:21pm On May 12, 2011
fishhooks:

Thank you so much for your advice, God bless you. What about the second reason the ECO gave saying my uncle said they're not related but family friends? How does he address that? Would that not be seen as deception?
   But this is only a ground for refusal, and it's not at all deserving a 10 years ban. Besides. he definitely can argue it out by claiming that he was being traditional and that it is a tradition to refer to an elderly someone as an uncle. These people are also familiar with Nigerian's traditions.
   But why do you worry about this, the visa had been refused anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by fishhooks: 7:52pm On May 12, 2011
Thank you so much for your time Vic. The reason I am apprehensive about this is because I live in the UK and I want to know if he still has a good chance if he chooses to re-apply. His mother and brother live here too and I was toying with the idea of him re-applying using them but based on the information you and Justwise have given me, I think he'll just re-apply addressing the ECO's reasons for refusal. Thank you again, God bless you both and answer you speedily in Jesus name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 1:26am On May 15, 2011
i would like to know if i can put both tuition and living expenses in my own DOM account for 28days and submit or do i need to include my sponsor's bank statement too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:40am On May 15, 2011
rapheal2k9:

i would like to know if i can put both tuition and living expenses in my own DOM account for 28days and submit or do[b] i need to include my sponsor's bank statement too. [/b]

No u don't have to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 3:02pm On May 15, 2011
The UKBA states that we can should apply for student visas no more than 3 months before school resumes, if my school resumes september, is it then safe to apply june 16/7th but not earlier, ? That is within 3months, isn't it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 3:07pm On May 15, 2011
If school resumes September 16th,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:11pm On May 15, 2011
mazamaza:

The UKBA states that we can should apply for student visas no more than 3 months before school resumes, if my school resumes september, [b]is it then safe to apply june 16/7th b[/b]ut not earlier, ? That is within 3months, isn't it?

In that case u need to apply from July
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 6:01pm On May 15, 2011
mazamaza:

The UKBA states that we can should apply for student visas no more than 3 months before school resumes, if my school resumes september, is it then safe to apply june 16/7th but not earlier, ? That is within 3months, isn't it?

For courses starting in September, you can apply for the course the same time like the rest of the student from anywhere in the world, which is 15th October 2010 for this year to apply for courses like medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and veterinary science courses, this is the same cut off date to apply to Oxford and Cambridge University too.

By 15th of January 2011, all application should have been received, except if you are doing one of the Art and Design course whose deadline is 24th of March 2011.

Every other application received after this date is late, and if you submit 3 months to your resumption date, you will be enrolled alongside "clearing students" i.e. students who didn't make the grades and have to find another University, late applicants, etc.

The only keypoint is that "you cannot be issued" the visa until 3 months before your course start date, they cannot also post-date a visa more than 3 months, which I believe is the query you are after, so go ahead and apply in June.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 7:35pm On May 15, 2011
Thanks for your responses @Justwise &Busy_Body, Busy_Body however got me confused with the extra information, School starts on the 16th of September and I plan on applying in june - june 16/17/18, That is within time of the acceptable 3months, right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 8:07pm On May 15, 2011
Oh now, I get it Busy_Body, I already have my admission. Was talking about the student visa,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 12:43pm On May 16, 2011
mazamaza:

Oh now, I get it Busy_Body, I already have my admission. Was talking about the student visa,

Yeah I mentioned the student visa in the last paragraph in bold.

I think my mouth talk too much thats why embarassed tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 3:31pm On May 16, 2011
loool, sorry jare. school starts on the 16th of september and june 17th is within the 3months, isn't it? i don't want to apply in july because of the new rule of applicants signing an agreement that they will keep the money for maintenance and tuition in your account for the whole period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 4:57pm On May 16, 2011
^^^

Yeah, you can apply on the 17th of June.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:44pm On May 16, 2011
mazamaza:

loool, sorry jare. school starts on the 16th of september and june 17th is within the 3months, isn't it? i don't want to apply in july because of the new rule of applicants signing an agreement that they will keep the money for maintenance and tuition in your account for the whole period.

I hope u don't learn the hard way, if ur school asked u to pay all the fees when u get the UK what would u do? You have proven to BHC that u have all the money and was given a visa, check this thread or the other UK student visa thread, somebody here got his knickers in a twist cos of this, his school requested for all the fees to be paid but he doesn't have it, so think long and hard abt this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 7:24pm On May 16, 2011
thanks busy_body,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 7:29pm On May 16, 2011
so are you advising that I do not apply for this visa, justwise? june is far way from september and i will come up with something, just not in june,  i want the visa to get out of the way,  and for the record, a huge percentage of people pay instalmentally while in school. the guy you mentioned probably paid just the deposit and i have paid about half the tuition and will be adding more by september so please, don't discourage me.

thanks for looking out though,  you can send me the link of the guy who got caught up in the mess or the page number. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:25pm On May 16, 2011
mazamaza:

so are you advising that I do not apply for this visa, justwise? june is far way from september and i will come up with something, just not in june,  i want the visa to get out of the way,  and for the record, a huge percentage of people pay instalmentally while in school. the guy you mentioned probably paid just the deposit and i have paid about half the tuition and will be adding more by september so please, don't discourage me.

thanks for looking out though,  you can send me the link of the guy who got caught up in the mess or the page number. thanks

My apologies. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mazamaza: 10:53pm On May 16, 2011
@justwise, don't get me wrong oo, i do appreciate all your help and advice - i have just made it clear that i will not have the money at the time i will be applying but will by september, maybe not the maintenance fees (which can be easily taken care of when i have started school) but definitely the tuition but i can't apply in september, shocked shocked shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 1:46am On May 17, 2011
@nrd_geek, Were the documents you submitted with your application original or certified?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 2:02am On May 17, 2011
Those of you that used your personal accounts and got ur visas pls advice. Shud i include my sponsors account or would my personal bank statement be enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deji2big: 3:12pm On May 17, 2011
get contact of an ECO at the US embassy for 5k contact amokundeji@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deji2big: 3:15pm On May 17, 2011
i get this infos thru someone close to me and you will never get it in a 1000 years,and you guys should be happy i am giving it out for 5k which can change your life
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2011
deji2big:

i get this infos thru someone close to me and you will never get it in a 1000 years,and you guys should be happy i am giving it out for 5k which can change your life
deji2big:

get contact of an ECO at the US embassy for 5k contact amokundeji@yahoo.com

You poor criminal, i hope American embassy officials are reading this nonsense

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.