Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,787 members, 7,837,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306400 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 03, 2011
Yes, she is on her Masters . Started Feb 2011 and her visa is till March 2013,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OpsE1: 6:14am On Jul 03, 2011
Pls,I need help as usual, I need a nice, decent and affordable hotel close to central london easilly accessible from heathrow.My budget is about 40 pounds per day for a double/standard room for a couple. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jenny2007(f): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
hello people,
Pls i ned urgent advice. I want apply for a short-term visit visa (6 months). I have a two year student's visa to the UK which was valid between 2001 - 2003, ever since i came back after my studies i have not travelled back to the UK.
Now my question is what documents do i need to apply as a visitor. I am going to be on a paid leave from work, meaning that funds available for my trip would be made available by my employers. So pls what documents would i need in applying for this visa. I am really confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lopstock: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
gudeving house,

pls is there anyone who submitted his/her uk visitor application around 21st june, 2011 and has gotten the visa? i submitted mine and i've not gotten response yet.

your urgent responses will be much appreciated.

thanks.

lopstock.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
, still expecting responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dove30: 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2011
lopstock:

gudeving house,

pls is there anyone who submitted his/her uk visitor application  around 21st june, 2011 and has gotten the visa? i submitted mine and i've not gotten response yet.

your urgent responses will be much appreciated.

thanks.

lopstock.

yea i submitted mine at the ikeja visa office on the 14th of june and got my package back on the 30th of june .i know how it feels just relax and be praying daily till u get a text from them ok.i got mine so i hope that encourages you okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2011
Dear Nairalanders I want to share my testimony with you o!
Armed robbers came to my house around 3am last week and robbed about 7 streets.Trust Nigerian Police with their inefficiency.We called them but they did not show up.Anyway to continue my torey.The robbers finally got into my flat after breaking their way in.As they came in with their guns and knives they kept asking for money,laptops and all.It was all like a film to me and I was so shocked.One of them got hold of my International passport that has 2years UK visa on it.Apparently the robber didn't know and even if he did,its useless to him anyway,but i was really wondering why he took it even after they had collected gold,wrist watches,money and handsets from me.Anyway I had to beg this young robber who had a gun and knife to please return my passport.U know what? He flung it on my bed after mocking me,he said "so you want to travel abi?".I thank GOD because I only got the visa about a week before the incident.I have finally moved every valuable from my house ever since and also making plans to leave the area.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by willy2011(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2011
Sorry about that,may God have mercy on us in these country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by willy2011(m): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
In response to the previous post ,a friend submitted his passport for Uk Visa around mid June and yet to receive message from them so i don't think you are the only one just take it cool and pray along.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
bardamine:

Hi everyone,

I submitted a Visa application and was refused  cry . I said it was my first passport, well it's the first time I apply for the UK. I had previous passport with which I applied in 2006 to France, but I lost it and got a new one. Do you think UK Visa folks have access to French Visa data?

Thank you for your responses!

What was written on the REFUSAL FORM?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phemmy26(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
beeman80:

Armed robbers came to my house around 3am last week and robbed about 7 streets.Trust Nigerian Police with their inefficiency.We called them but they did not show up.Anyway to continue my torey.The robbers finally got into my flat after breaking their way in.As they came in with their guns and knives they kept asking for money,laptops and all.It was all like a film to me and I was so shocked.One of them got hold of my International passport that has 2years UK visa on it.Apparently the robber didn't know and even if he did,its useless to him anyway,but i was really wondering why he took it even after they had collected gold,wrist watches,money and handsets from me.Anyway I had to beg this young robber who had a gun and knife to please return my passport.U know what? He flung it on my bed after mocking me,he said "so you want to travel abi?".I thank GOD because I only got the visa about a week before the incident.I have finally moved every valuable from my house ever since and also making plans to leave the area.

abeg what area is that so that we wey wan move go another area go no say dat area be no go area, sorry about the incident.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
phemmy26:

abeg what area is that so that we wey wan move go another area go no say dat area be no go area, sorry about the incident.
Whats ur email addee? Will send it to u.Meanwhile Nigeria is in a general state of insecurity at the moment so just hold on to God.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by girllygal(f): 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
please house, how do i go about applying for a uk visiting visa. im presently not working
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
Omo_Tiers,

My case refers, am puting finishing touches to my discussion with the tour operators now,they have send me their proposed Itinerary, so i will appreciate if we have a PM via this e-mail: cadcamuser1@gmail.com

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dove30: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
beeman80:

ABEG WHICH AREA .I THANK GOD FOR YOUR LIFE AND FAMILY O
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by batuta: 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2011
hi peeps

i need some info

i work with a multinational company and also married. my monthly pay is like 100k.
i want to apply for visiting visa to uk, for now am really broke. i ve only 50k in my account,
by the end of the month it will be 150k(july salary).

can i apply for visa with that amount by august?
can my sister sponsor me by paying my flight ticket? (somebody told me that married people dont use sponsor)
i want to apply for 11day

do i ve any chance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
jt2010:

Omo_Tiers,

My case refers, am puting finishing touches to my discussion with the tour operators now,they have send me their proposed Itinerary, so i will appreciate if we have a PM via this e-mail: cadcamuser1@gmail.com

Cheers
Hello dude,
Really would not have the time to PM due to the nature of my work as I try to juggle in between work and giving advice here.

But whilst here, I will assist with information that will help you process your application genuinely and hopefully successfuly.

Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Lenzo(f): 1:17am On Jul 07, 2011
please i need help with UK business visa advice ,
my mom left some money in the UK and i was contacted by the bank and told that i should come in person to the UK for proper identification b4 any transaction can be made to avoid UK dealing with the wrong person.
i am actually teaching in private secondary school and the pay is not much at all, i want to obtain a business visa to the UK for about a week tops mainly for this purpose because the bank has been with all the necessary document but want to site originals and confirm my identity. please can someone help with how to go about the whole thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Bizman3: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2011
Hello house, pls can some one help with this info, i have admission to sunderland university in UK this September and i want to know 

1, How much will it cost me to  get a student visa for two years course ?

2, how long will it take for me to have a visa?

My very best regard.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2011
Biz-man:

Hello house, pls can some one help with this info, i have admission to sunderland university in UK this September and i want to know 

1, How much will it cost me to  get a student visa for two years course ?

2, how long will it take for me to have a visa?

My very best regard.
Congrats biz man.Ironically I have been to that end and I have a couple of friends that attended it.Its a very affordable school and life there is so cheap as well. Well as for the visa info you can check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/quickguideforstudent/adultstudents/applyingforanadultstudentvisa/ Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by solomonwis(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
Dear All,

I sent in our (my wife and I) UK visa application form and every documents{It is supposed to be a family visit} on Friday June 17th,2011 and I got this refusal Letter today,I need an advise on the way forward:

"You state that you will fund your proposed trip to the UK and have submitted your personal bank statement from GT Bank Plc as evidence of finance. you state your monthly income to be N382,431 {£1,529 at the current rate of £1 = N250} The credit balance in your account are not commensurate with your declared monthly income.

On the evidence before me,I am not satisfied that this statement is a true reflection of your personal circumstances. This is relevant,as umambigouos evidence of your claimed employment,pattern of income or means of support is required to access if your situation in Nigeria povides you with an incentive to leave the UK at the end of a short stay as claimed.

I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit as required by paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of HC 395.

You have provided an invitation letter from your UK sponsor dated June 14th,2011 offering accommodation,you have not provided satisfactory evidence of their ability to accommodate you as claimed.

Therefore,on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an outward journey as required.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all the requirement of the relevant paragraph of the UK immigration rules.

You are entitled to appeal this decision under section 82, "

I sent in the land documents (C of O),Bank Statements,Letter of employment,confirmation letter of employment,Leave approval letter and introduction letter from my employer.

Under the other sources of income,I mentioned that I work on part time basis as the MD of the company that I established with my wife {I included the original and copies of all the company documents,certificate of incorporation,from CO2 and Form CO7}

I also mentioned that I have a landed property {with copy of the C of O included}

The letter of invitation of my aunt,an Introduction letter from her employer in the UK,her passport bio data page,her residence permit and her council tax adjustment bill was included in the application package.

Kindly help suggest the way out of this as I never expected that we will be denied given the fact that we provided everything as requested. Do We stand a chance if we appeal or we should just forget the appeal and look forward to are-applying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2011
Omo_Tier1,
Find below the itinerary sent to me by the tour operator, kindly advise

Day 1 London
Pick-up from the Airport
Drop-off to the Hotel
Day Free
Day 2 London
Tour of the Tower of London to the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace - you'll see everything England's capital has to offer on the London Full-Day Sightseeing Tour. Perfect if you're spending only a short time in London, this tour give you a comprehensive overview of the famous sights, including St Paul's Cathedral, a private tour of the Tower of London and a cruise of the River Thames.
Day 3 London - Edinburgh
Visit to Madam Tussauds & London Eye
Depart for Edinburgh by Train
Arrive at Edinburgh & transfer to Hotel
Day at leisure
Day 4 Edinburgh
Tour the Scottish Highlands on a day trip from Edinburgh, then watch the world-famous Edinburgh Military Tattoo at night. Capturing the essence of Scotland in one day, enjoy the perfect combination of Highlands countryside and villages, whisky tasting and guaranteed tickets to the Military Tattoo.
Day 5 Edinburgh
Take the high road to the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness on a small group day trip from Edinburgh. You'll travel through beautiful Glencoe, admire the spectacular Highlands and spend time at Scotland's famous Loch Ness - an absolute must on any visit to Scotland!
Day 6 Edinburgh - London
After breakfast Depart for London by train
Arrive at London & Transfer to Hotel
Day at leisure
Day 7 London
Tour to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath, England's most beautiful Georgian city. Your day trip includes entrance to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath's Roman Baths and Pump Rooms.

Day 8 London
A region officially designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty can't possibly be a bad place to spend a day. On this 10-hour day trip from London, you'll visit this so-named English area, the Cotswolds, as well as Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick Castle. Immerse yourself in England's history and scenery as you travel through rolling hills, admire picturesque villages, visit the birthplace of William Shakespeare and tour one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
Day 9 London
Check-out & Transfer to the Airport

Tour Includes:
05 nights accommodation on B&B basis in a 3* hotel in London
03 nights accommodation on B&B basis in a 3* hotel in Edinburgh
Full day tour of London & Edinburgh on SIC basis
Entrance to the Madam Tussauds & London eye
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath day tour on SIC basis
Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick Castle from London on SIC basis
Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Day Tour from Edinburgh on SIC basis
Return standard class train ticket to London - Edinburgh
Return Station transfers in London and Edinburgh
Return Airport transfers in London
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sawyouwalk: 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2011
hello nairalands am new here, i have an issue i need you to help me look into my case,
i applied for a family visitors visa in june 2009, i applied to go see my brother so he sent me his document and all that , but i said i was going to sponsor myself becos i work in bank, i have the finances and all my employement records, my visa was refused, the ECO said he i didnt show enough evidences i was really related to my brother, that i should ave put pictures and all that and that my brother account is constantly overdrawn in the Uk, but he was not sponsoring me so i dont know why he put that point, i was giving a right to appeal but i didnt want to, so i forgot the apeal, so i pushed my leave to august of 2009 and i told my brother to send me more document so i could re apply and deal with all the issues the ECO raised but my brother said he will be on vacation out of UK, and i really wanted to go on vacation soi applied for a toursit visa with my bank statement and all that, the part where i they asked if you have a family in the UK i put No there since my brother said he wont be around. i was also refused again on the basis that my funds in my account are insufficient. that was the only reason for the second refusal.

i was really upset about the whole thing and i forgot about the UK for a while. now i want to go for my masters degree in the Uk this september i have gotten my cas letter i have my maintance funds in my account i have all the requirement for this point based system, but i am scared now, that hope my two previous refusals wont have any effect on my student visa.
on the notice refusal there was nothing like deception or false document or false representation am just scared because of my past visa refusal records, please i need the experts in the house to contribute.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries
« #4085 on: Today at 04:19:59 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omo_Tier1,

Day 1 London
Pick-up from the Airport
Drop-off to the Hotel
Day Free
Day 2 London
Tour of the Tower of London to the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace - you'll see everything England's capital has to offer on the London Full-Day Sightseeing Tour. Perfect if you're spending only a short time in London, this tour give you a comprehensive overview of the famous sights, including St Paul's Cathedral, a private tour of the Tower of London and a cruise of the River Thames.
Day 3 London - Edinburgh
Day at leisure
Day 4 Edinburgh
Tour the Scottish Highlands on a day trip from Edinburgh, then watch the world-famous Edinburgh Military Tattoo at night. Capturing the essence of Scotland in one day, enjoy the perfect combination of Highlands countryside and villages, whisky tasting and guaranteed tickets to the Military Tattoo.
Day 5 Edinburgh
Take the high road to the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness on a small group day trip from Edinburgh. You'll travel through beautiful Glencoe, admire the spectacular Highlands and spend time at Scotland's famous Loch Ness - an absolute must on any visit to Scotland!
Day 6 Edinburgh - London
Day at leisure
Day 7 London
Tour to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath, England's most beautiful Georgian city. Your day trip includes entrance to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath's Roman Baths and Pump Rooms.

Day 8 London
A region officially designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty can't possibly be a bad place to spend a day. On this 10-hour day trip from London, you'll visit this so-named English area, the Cotswolds, as well as Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick Castle. Immerse yourself in England's history and scenery as you travel through rolling hills, admire picturesque villages, visit the birthplace of William Shakespeare and tour one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
Day 9 London

Tour Includes:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2011
@jt2010.the tour package looks nice, how much is it gonna cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
@ eearth,

800 pound inlucing hotel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Connoisseur(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2011
Hey guys
i have been readings through the posts on this thread and i would to commend the initiators for their zeal.

I am a businessman and would like to go to the UK on a KYC trip to meet some new contacts. I have never travelled out before so am a big novice. My contacts are willing to send me an IV but i want some advice first. Where and how do i start
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 9:57am On Jul 08, 2011
jt2010:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries
« #4085 on: Today at 04:19:59 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omo_Tier1,

Day 1 London
Pick-up from the Airport
Drop-off to the Hotel
Day Free
Day 2 London
Day 3 London - Edinburgh
Day at leisure
Day 4 Edinburgh
Day 5 Edinburgh
Day 6 Edinburgh - London
Day at leisure
Day 7 London

Day 8 London
Day 9 London

Tour Includes:

My apology as I have not logged on here for day or so.

The itinerary looks very okay. What remains is for you to sort out part payment for the tour as this will convince the ECO that you are really serious with the visit.

PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE TOUR OPERATOR IS REGISTERED IN THE UK TOUR GUIDE BEFORE MAKING ANY PART PAYMENT.

Also ask them if they have supporting documents they can provide to assist with your visas application.

Try not to restrict communication to e-mails alone. Phone them up and get to speak to someone at the other end, as this encourages confindence and improve trust on both sides.

Finally, ask them if they have a tour rep in Nigeria through whom payments can be made.Some tour operators have partnerships with some tour operators in Lagos and Abuja.

Finally, ask them if they can send you official documents signed (in post or by e-mail) for you to use in processing your part payment.

Please be aware that the ECO will factor the remaining part payments and additional cost into the statement of account you will be submitting.The statement of account you claimed you submitted before looks very good, so if you are able to submit similar decent account, you surely be given the visas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by solomonwis(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2011
@ Omo Tier 1,

I would appreciate if you can read my post and make comment,really would love to hear from you.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2011
solomonwis:

Dear All,

I sent in our (my wife and I) UK visa application form and every documents{It is supposed to be a family visit} on Friday June 17th,2011 and I got this refusal Letter today,I need an advise on the way forward:

"You state that you will fund your proposed trip to the UK and have submitted your personal bank statement from GT Bank Plc as evidence of finance. you state your monthly income to be N382,431 {£1,529 at the current rate of £1 = N250} The credit balance in your account are not commensurate with your declared monthly income.

On the evidence before me,I am not satisfied that this statement is a true reflection of your personal circumstances. This is relevant,as umambigouos evidence of your claimed employment,pattern of income or means of support is required to access if your situation in Nigeria povides you with an incentive to leave the UK at the end of a short stay as claimed.

I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit as required by paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of HC 395.

You have provided an invitation letter from your UK sponsor dated June 14th,2011 offering accommodation,you have not provided satisfactory evidence of their ability to accommodate you as claimed.

Therefore,on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an outward journey as required.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all the requirement of the relevant paragraph of the UK immigration rules.

You are entitled to appeal this decision under section 82, "

I sent in the land documents (C of O),Bank Statements,Letter of employment,confirmation letter of employment,Leave approval letter and introduction letter from my employer.

Under the other sources of income,I mentioned that I work on part time basis as the MD of the company that I established with my wife {I included the original and copies of all the company documents,certificate of incorporation,from CO2 and Form CO7}

I also mentioned that I have a landed property {with copy of the C of O included}

The letter of invitation of my aunt,an Introduction letter from her employer in the UK,her passport bio data page,her residence permit and her council tax adjustment bill was included in the application package.

Kindly help suggest the way out of this as I never expected that we will be denied given the fact that we provided everything as requested. Do We stand a chance if we appeal or we should just forget the appeal and look forward to are-applying?

RE-APPLY PLEASE!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
Omo_Tiers,

Thanks, I really appreciate your time and advise. The agent want me to deposit 200 pounds before they can issue me a confirmation hotel reservations and other company documents to support my application. Will you advise i go ahead with it now.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2011
solomonwis:

@ Omo Tier 1,

I would appreciate if you can read my post and make comment,really would love to hear from you.

Thanks.
Thanks for haven been honest and not forging any payslips.

Let say this, that based on your response to my questions which confirms my initial suspicion, your application was refused on baseless grounds and you have a very good chance of winning in your appeal.

However, this is my concern, taking into consideration the cost of visitors visas against the associated cost of appeal and waiting times, you really have to take a decision as to wether to appeal or re-apply but this time, you would have to do the following.
1. To address the concern about your accommodation raised by the ECO, you need to get your sponsor to write a rejoinder to the ECO concerns.I.e, your sponsor should send you another letter of invitstion, in it, he/she should state that he/she had sent you an invitation letter previously with a committment to providing accommodation but that the ECO did not make any verification by a way of phone call despite haven providhie contact details. Your sponsor should communicate this diplomatically whilst also expressing deep dissatisfaction. If your sponsor has a good bank account,then he should make it available to butress the fact that he/she has the means to support your accommodation.

As for the payslip, get your employer to write a letter stating to that effect the sums you'r paid and the means of payment.

Also, you need to include an introductory letter yourself in your next application, stating (with evidence)that you have a base here i.e. properties and business, therefore you can not abandon such a profitting venture.

If you want to keep your immigration history clean as I suspect, then appeal. But be aware that there are so many appeals on-going and your appeal could take anything between 3 to 6 months from appeal filing date to visas issuance. Another thing is before BHC forward your appeal, they will review your case and sometimes they overturn thier decision.So yea either way, if you appeal, I am sure you will win.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.