Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,364 members, 7,861,002 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306831 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 11:20am On Jul 29, 2008
:d :d :d
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2008
@Kadman

You erred when you never showed any source or origin of his funds.

Bank deposits are not enough to show one's financial strenghth, especially with UK embassy.

When appealing, show his other sources of incomes with proofs lke receipts, contracts, pay slips, land documents, bill of lading etc

Also your uncle should make an affidavit of supporting you for the trip.

Its a clear cut appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2008
okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 3:03am On Jul 30, 2008
@Kadman

Further to my discussion with you on YIM, please note the following;

1) YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO APPEAL while on TOURIST APPLICATION.

That you were given a "Right of Appeal" is definitely a mistake. I am sure it will be corrected in London but to your own disadvantage. The judge is very much likely to throw away the appeal on technicality.

2) How on earth could ECO knew that the double bed is meant for both of you? A "supposedly top banker" should not share his bed. No way!

In my own opinion, there are corrections to make in order for this application to be successful.

@Viviko

Well, A visa agent should know quite a lot on UK appeal procedure grin If not before at least after God used Oluwafunmike to launch this thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 6:14am On Jul 30, 2008
:d
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2008
Akolawole:

@Viviko

I don't think its right for you to bring an anonymous query to Nairaland.

What do you take us for?

None of us is Jobless.

Yes, we do it for free but due respect has to be given.

@Funke, Pataki and others

You knew our agreement on such though Funke seems to be the only that break that rule ANYHOW.

I might have to ban Funke.

Akolawole, me? shocked shocked
Wetin i do nowwww? grin
I thought the 'rule' was no longer in effect.
Alright, noted. Is it still 50 or less ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2008
@Kadman

Lets deal with Oyinbo in an oyinbo way.

Please tell me what connect your name to that accommodation on paper? I have once booked a doble room in Germany and it was only me in the room. No Funke! and No Turkish Ashewo!! grin

Read my previous post very well.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:48am On Jul 30, 2008
Akolawole:

I have once booked a doble room in Germany and it was only me in the room. and No Turkish Ashewo!! grin

Akolawole,
I dont believe you jare grin grin
Tell me the truth-i wont be mad. wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ibrak90(m): 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hi Bro,

I have a friend in the UK and he want me to visit him overther in the UK,and he as also promise that is going to add all document needed for him to send such as, bank statements, pay slips, evidence of other savings or financial commitments, details of available accommodation.

Want to know now is that do i need to add any other document with

Your quick assistance well be thankful

My phone :08077241047
Email:iat99@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ibrak90(m): 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hi Bro,

I have a friend in the UK and he want me to visit him overther in the UK,and he as also promise that is going to add all document needed for him to send such as, bank statements, pay slips, evidence of other savings or financial commitments, details of available accommodation.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2008
@Funke

You know me from Adam, "Oju kan ladan ni" grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mekuso2001: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
please does anybody in the house have an idea of Uk student visa? i was sent a reply email from visa enquiries Abuja that my student visa application is on it's final stage of assessment, please what does that entail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2008
lloydhill:

hey i want to thank all that contributed to my questions and suggeted to me alot.i got my student visa this after,much respect to funkkybaby,mr pataki,akolawole and most esp,mr  vicjustice,thanks so much my guys and babe, na only God fit reward una.  Less i forget,lankywizard,tim and viglen i'm waitin to hear your good news.thanks and peace out
   Man, so glad to hear the good news, my hearty wishes are with you. It's delightful to see people returning to share their testimonies, such reminds me of the case of the ten Lepers who received healings and how one of them returned to appreciate Jesus the healer.
   Na eine kala yia 'sena: May it be well with you (Greek)

ibrak90:

Hi Bro,

Your potential host providing all necessary document will definitely place you at advantage, but your own documents are expedient, so, be mindful that you have to meet the visa requirement irrespective of whoever is inviting you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hello ya ‘ll,

I really want to appreciate the free advuce u guys are giving(Akolawole,Siena,funkebaby,vikoviko etc.).

As u can see I am very new in this thread(or even the forum itself), but I have read thru all the posts & seen how ppl’s questions are been attended to & I would really be glad if mine can be seen to too.

I want to apply for the Ukvisa and my sch starts by Oct. I don’t know any agents or if it is possible to apply by oneself.

I heard abt the VAC & to make N25,000.00 for students visa.

My Mum & Dad are my sponsors, my mum has abt N2.5m in her savings acct(she is a small scale business woman) & my Dad (who is a civil servant) has stocks worth abt 7 million & properties(which he doesn’t have CofO for 4 now).

My questions are;

1. My mum is not employed but has her own small business & saved up all the money in her acct because of me(over the past 10 months),so how do I show any pay slip etc or what do u suggest I submit.?

2. My Dad has a monthly in come of over N120,000.00 has a civil servant but no major savings.As a father he gives us the pay for house keeping,etc so at the end of the month there is no tangible savings.Can I still include his pay slips,etc?

3. What are the other sponsors’ document I can submit with my applicaton knowing fully well there I do not have the C/O of my parents ppties, should I just forget abt it?

4. my sch fees is abt 2.5m for Msc (& I also need to pay for accommodation),so we resolved to pay half of the sch fees and accommodation.Then later the remaining half of my sch fees.What do u think?Do I stand any chance with the BHC guys?

5. Do I need any other acct holder that can back me up?i actually don’t want to involve any extended family(no too friendly ppl in my extended family) and I wont want to ‘use’ any other person’s own that does not know me,so as to avoid any ‘yawa’ when the BHC guys call the person.So should I chill out till I have enough pay or wat?

6. What are the other necessary documents I need to submit with my application?

7. I work but I left my place of work to face my life(just resigned on Monday), so is it necessary to include my pay slips(though I don’t have them cos we were paid directly into the bank).Should I just go for my statement of bank acct.even though it is only this month salary that is there?

8. Sequel to 7., do I need a employer’s letter? I company liked me alot & didn’t want me to go ,so I can still collect recommendation letters etc if necessary?

Sorry for all the questions,but I tot it wise to ask now than in bits later.

Thanks wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 12:56am On Jul 31, 2008
@Funky

Yetunde is all yours BUT
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 2:29am On Jul 31, 2008
yettidear:

Hello ya ‘ll,

I really want to appreciate the free advuce u guys are giving(Akolawole,Siena,funkebaby,vikoviko etc.).

As u can see I am very new in this thread(or even the forum itself), but I have read through all the posts & seen how people’s questions are been attended to & I would really be glad if mine can be seen to too.

I want to apply for the Ukvisa and my sch starts by Oct. I don’t know any agents or if it is possible to apply by oneself.

I heard about the VAC & to make N25,000.00 for students visa.

My Mum & Dad are my sponsors, my mum has about N2.5m in her savings acct(she is a small scale business woman) & my Dad (who is a civil servant) has stocks worth about 7 million & properties(which he doesn’t have CofO for 4 now).

My questions are;

1. My mum is not employed but has her own small business & saved up all the money in her acct because of me(over the past 10 months),so how do I show any pay slip etc or what do u suggest I submit.?
   Employment is not the word, but occupation is the correct word. It's vital that the statement of account contains transaction details reflecting up to six months source of income.

yettidear:

2. My Dad has a monthly in come of over N120,000.00 has a civil servant but no major savings.As a father he gives us the pay for house keeping,etc so at the end of the month there is no tangible savings.Can I still include his pay slips,etc?
   N120.000 is a fat monthly income by Nigerian standard, but unfortunately, the ECO will not be interested to hear details of why the money isn't spared: Now realising that a pay-slip submitted for visa application is intended to prove a point that the applicant has evidence of fund for maintenance; therefore, while your Dad's pay-slip is impressive, but his bank account with no "tangible" balance will not prove that. SO, THE BALANCE IS AS WELL IMPORTANT AS THE SOURCE OF INCOME AND THE TRANSACTION DETAILS.

yettidear:

3. What are the other sponsors’ document I can submit with my applicaton knowing fully well there I do not have the C/O of my parents ppties, should I just forget about it?
   I do not advice people to be engaged in looser's struggle neither do i discourage people from determined courses, but if i were you, and if this is all i can come up with, i'd forget about it in order to do it at the right time. Remember, things are easier when done orderly.

yettidear:

4. my sch fees is about 2.5m for Msc (& I also need to pay for accommodation),so we resolved to pay half of the sch fees and accommodation.Then later the remaining half of my sch fees.What do u think?Do I stand any chance with the BHC guys?
   You'd stand a chance by many measures, but for your Dad's bank statement.

yettidear:

5. [b]Do I need any other acct holder that can back me up?[/b]i actually don’t want to involve any extended family(no too friendly people in my extended family) and I wont want to ‘use’ any other person’s own that does not know me,so as to avoid any ‘yawa’ when the BHC guys call the person.So should I chill out till I have enough pay or what?
   Now you're talking; You see, while your Dad's account indicates some credibilities that he's well paid, and reveals his family obligations and responsibilities, it will be helpful to get another sponsor to support his inadequate finance. So, i suggest you forget about the differences and seek the support of the "extended family member" who you suppose is both financially and heartily capable of assisting you. You might be expected to prove the relationship or intimacy (whichever) between you and the sponsor, and also how s/he would benefit from your education. So, make up a plan for such fulfilment.

yettidear:

6. What are the other necessary documents I need to submit with my application?
   Submit all neccesary documents that are neccesary grin smiley smiley smiley grin  It's better to have more than enough than to have less than enough.

yettidear:

7. I work but I left my place of work to face my life(just resigned on Monday), so is it necessary to include my pay slips(though I don’t have them because we were paid directly into the bank).Should I just go for my statement of bank acct.even though it is only this month salary that is there?
   Yes, it's necessary to include your pay-slip irrespective of how much they carry, it shows some measures of obligations and responsibilities, but if you don't have pay-slip, your transparent bank statement would do

yettidear:

8. Sequel to 7., do I need a employer’s letter? I company liked me alot & didn’t want me to go ,so I can still collect recommendation letters etc if necessary?
   I think you can do without an employment letter since you're quiting the job and the company is not responsible for your sponsorship. Besides, your bank statement will give the impression that you're employed since it's too early to reveal that you've quit. But like i said before, it's better to have more than enough documents than to have less than enough

yettidear:

Sorry for all the questions,but I tot it wise to ask now than in bits later.
   Those who ask questions seldom get astray.

yettidear:

Thanks wink

My pleasure cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 7:32am On Jul 31, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2008
@Londoncool

Is Kadman entitled to Appeal on Tourist visa refusal?

If Yes, i think i need big refresher trainning on UK immigration. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2008
Akawole,

I have not received my reply yet. You can as well paste it here, or let me paste it here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2008
I really do not know how to summarise it, but let me
try.

Basically, I want to apply for a family visit to the
UK in December for the xmas and New year Holidays.

I am married with a 4 months old kid.

The issue here is that my wife was refused a visit
visa last September for reason that she did not
provide enough evidence of host’ accommodation and
that the utility bills do not originate from the UK,
Despite the fact that I personally brought the
invitation letter and the utility bills from London
personally.

We were furious, I wrote a letter of reconsideration
and was replied, find below.

Dear Madam
RE: Decision to refuse entry clearance
Thank you for your email dated 25 October, which has
been passed to me for a reply.
The decision to refuse this application for a visa was
carefully reviewed.
You may wish to note that applicants are made aware
that their applications will be considered 'on papers'
by posters outside the Visa application centre, the
Deputy High Commission, the Deputy High Commission web
site, information leaflets and press releases.  A
checklist for documents is completed at the Visa
application centre in the presence of the person
submitting the application and any missing
documentation is brought to their attention.  They are
advised that failure to provide the documents
specified may result in refusal of the application and
the applicant is then given the option to resubmit
when the supporting documentation is complete. Where
an application contains no evidence or insufficient
documentation, the applicant is reminded of the need
for this before the fee is taken.
The decision to refuse your application was based on
the documents that you provided at the time of the
application. I am therefore satisfied that the ECO's
decision is correct and in accordance with the
Immigration Rules.

It is open to you to lodge a formal Notice of Appeal
to the independent appellate authorities in the United
Kingdom, details of which were given to you with the
refusal notice. Please note that the completed appeal
form should not arrive later than 56 days after the
date of the entry clearance refusal.
You are of course free to submit a fresh application
at any time using our courier assisted service. If you
decide to reapply, an attempt should be made to
address the concerns outlined in the refusal notice. I
cannot however guarantee the outcome of any future
application. In the event that an application is not
successful please note that the visa fee is
non-refundable.

Yours faithfully

Entry Clearance Manager
Correspondence Unit
Visa Section

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 October 2007 09:02
To: Visa (LAGOS)
Subject: RE: Visa Refusal

Dear Sir,
My wife's name is , and her date of

birth is , The post reference is
On a careful perusal of the documents, you will see
that the reason for refusal was that the ECO (DEA)
said that my wife did not submit evidence of rental or

mortgage of the house she was going to stay in, i.e my

aunty's house in the UK.
Secondly, ECO (DEA) alleged that he did not believe
that the documents from my wife's sponsor i.e her gas
and electricity bills did not originate from my wife's

cousin.
The host in the UK is my aunty and not my wife's
cousin as erroneusly stated by DEA. I personally
brought those documents from my aunty on my last visit

to london in August this year.And i honestly and
sincerely thought that once there is evidence of
accommodation, supporting the invitation, it would
suffice as evidence of an existing accommodation.
I have contacted my aunty and she has now sent the
mortgage letter and account as evidence of ownership
of the house. My wife is available to provide this new

mortgage letter,her passport together with all
previous documents to your offices when called upon
for a re-consideration.
I assure you of my highest considerations,as i await a

quick response from you.

We went ahead and appealed, however during the process
of preparing for the appeal, I realized that my wife
does not have a right to appeal and yet was given as
the ECO was always referring her as Cousin, despite
her stating in the cover letter and the application
form that she was going to stay with her husband’s
aunty.

At the appeal, the respondent raised an objection that
it was an invalid appeal. The Judge stated that she
did not go into the merits of the appeal, but that My
aunty was present in Court and that we had submitted a
considerable amount of documentation. She also stated
that “ The ECO, despite my wife stating that she was
going to stay with her husband’s aunty, still went
ahead to give a right of appeal, as family visit does
not cover her situation.

I feel like escalating this issue, at the same time,
we want to apply for visa to go to the UK in December.

Secondly,
I went to Harvard solicitors, the immigration lawyers
on broad street, who now have an office on 13TH FLOOR
of Zenon House, where the VFS is, they asked me to pay
2k registration fees, which I did. However, upon
discussions with the immigration consultant I met, she
said in submitting another application, I shall pay
30k per application, but for my baby, its free. I told her to go to hell.

I really do not know what to do.

As for me, I was denied in 2005 at the Lagos Office
for a student visa to do my masters in UK, but I have
forgotten about schooling in UK and now went to
Amsterdam, to do my masters. In Amsterdam, I was
denied because in my Lagos application, I did not
state that I had relations in UK and now my aunty was
inviting me. I made them realize that I thought it was
not relevant since I was going to school. I applied
again and was given. I have gone to UK about four
times, I have also gotten an irish visa and have been
to Ireland, also with many other countries including
Switzerland.

In our new application, we have the following
documents;

I have a plot of land recently acquired,i have the family receipt and the survey plan.

2. Source of fund- My current acct shows my salaries
and expenses, would be about , naira at the time
of application.

My wife’s own about same although she fixes her
money to yield interest, she has about , in fixed
deposit.

We also have a joint savings account where we save
money from any other source and also from our
salaries, it presently has about , , with , fixed
deposit. I do not make photocopies of cheques received
from people, but i just started now, so i have a few.
Do i include these photocopies.

My baby also has about , balance in her account, being gifts from people and the , we pay to her monthly.

I am including all our share certificates and
investment certificates.

Our hosts will give us her mortgage statement and
letter of invitation and current utility bill.

Should I draw up a witness statement for the family
visit application stating how we will spend the
Christmas in London, and how we want to buy some baby
stuff for our baby.

I also intend to go to Amsterdam for a few days too,
should I state this or should we just leave it out
altogether.

Lastly, any need to use those Harvard consults,
although they said they will submit the application
with a cover letter from the Firm.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2008
@megastu

Na wa for you oh. Why not edit and remove all the personal info you posted

Your wife's full names, date of birth, reference number-totally unnecessary. . . . Haba!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by aremuu: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
My people, I need help oH!

I was just refused uk student visa today. The refusal note was written like this:

"You state that the cost of your tuition, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your family friend. As evidence of his funds you have submitted two bank statements showing balances of 502,558 Naira(£2147) and 163,171 Naira(£697),

, Your sponsor's financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have suficient funds to cover the cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there. Furthermore, I do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to exhaust all of their savings to finance your studies in the UK. You have not satisfactorily demonstrated that such expenditure is commensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so."

I used a family friend as my sponsor, his total balance was just about 1.1M naira but supported with his stock about 5M and salary slips. The ECO made a mistake in the second balanece he quoted as 163,171 its 563, 171. I have also paid full tuition fee of 2250 and one month accomodation deposit which the ECO did not mention at all.

I was given a right of appeal

Do i stand a chance in this? considering likely required time for appeal, can i make a fresh application? will this first one not hinder my chance if i present another sponsor entirely for the new application? If not, How soon can I apply because I have option of resuming again with the school in september-the programme is just a one year diploma in IT. Please how can I prove that my sponsor will benefit from sponsoring my study abroad.

Please I need ur advice at this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2008
@megastu

What date did the appeal hearing take place?

Due to the official/administrative error palaver, the possibility of your wife being granted is relatively high due to the fact that the Judge refused to have the invalid appeal/case struck out despite the objection of the respondent. Your Aunty had taken the pain to turn up, and you had invested a lot of time in submitted/re-submitted a lot of paperwork in the appeal bundle, as advised by the senior ECO. 

Have faith.

You can still go ahead to apply for your family visit, but personally, I'd say you give that a few weeks. I think your wife should re-apply asap, a similar re-application, showing that you have taken all what was advised on board, by dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's, would be more favourable.

Make sure that the checklist is on the second page, followed by the Entry Clearance Manager's email on the third page, then followed by as much document as you can lay your hands on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 10:04am On Aug 01, 2008
LondonCool:

@Akolawole,

A visitor can appeal against a decision to refuse entry clearance, but only if he/she is visiting a close member of his/her family.

There are rules to explain exactly which members of the family qualify for this right of appeal. The entry clearance officer or immigration officer should tell the visitor if he/she qualifies. So you are RIGHT.

Our man applied for Tourist visa so he shouldnt be given RIGHT OF APPEAL in the first instance.

@Londoncool

I sent you a mail to your official email but want to make 1 quick enquiry but NOT ON THAT UK email grin

I hope you understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2008
Funky_Baby,

Thank you.Your advice has been taken.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by aremuu: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2008
Thank you Londoncool,

uve done justice to my questions but please how soon can i make a new application. will the ECO not object to the sudden change of sponsor cos i intend using another one entirely.

I want to use an uncle, how do i prove he will benefit. thaNK you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hello to you all.
i have applied for a uk visa since the 26th of june 2008 but up till now i have not received my application back. I sent to them an e-mail
plz see below

Subject: STUDENTS VISA APPLICATION

Attn: To whom it may concern,

my name is ukanwa chukwuka emmanuel. I have applied for a student visa; an application which was submitted
precisely on the 26th june 2008. I was asked to report back after 15 working days for collection.
I have reported today and i was informed that the required documents are not yet ready.
I was not given any information as to what to do, and when to re-check.

I need some informations as to what next step to take in this regard.

thank you

this is their reply below;
[/color]
Dear Sir,

Thank You for your email, unfortunately due to technical problems some visa applications are taking slightly longer than normal. We will assess your application as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delay

JM
Correspondence Unit
Visa Section
Lagos

[color=#000099]I again rechecked today at V.I VAC and it is still not yet ready. I am some how becoming apprehensive on this issue in regard of this delay and i wish to send to them an email again. I am in a fix at the moment hence i contacted the house for their candid advice as to what to do.

Do i exercise patience or should i send am email yet again?
Please an advise is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2008
@vvvjustice

Thanks a bunch a lot for the info.God bless.u just welcomed me to Nairaland the nicest way any one can.

i will definitely consider all what u adviced me.And Please i will get back to you when i have new questions & to let u in on the developments.

thanks dear.
  wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2008
yettidear:

@vvvjustice

Thanks a bunch a lot for the info.God bless.u just welcomed me to Nairaland the nicest way any one can.

i will definitely consider all what u adviced me.And Please i will get back to you when i have new questions & to let u in on the developments.

thanks dear.
wink
Any time, Dear, any time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.