Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306376 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2008
megastu:

Hey Guys, Enough of the counter-accusations.

Tolapo, your personal circumstances is good enough to apply for a visit visa, my only fear is the three denials for student visa, they might just think that your real intention is a long term stay, for example to study or work. However, you can give it a try, but make sure you explain that despite your previous refusals to study, you do not have intentions to go study in UK anymore, all you want is to be with your husband on the same bed, that you miss him terribly and because of his tight study schedule, he might not be able to come to Nigeria for now, I bet you the visa officer handling it, if you are luckky tohave a female, will just laugh over it and issue you the visa.

Sorry for my earlier comments. This response is much better and just highlights what this forum is all about. Thanks bro, and sorry about my earlier remarks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MrCrackles(m): 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2008
megastu:

1) Hey Guys, Enough of the counter-accusations.

2) Tolapo, your personal circumstances is good enough to apply for a visit visa, my only fear is the three denials for student visa, they might just think that your real intention is a long term stay, for example to study or work. However, you can give it a try, but make sure you explain that despite your previous refusals to study, you do not have intentions to go study in UK anymore, all you want is to be with your husband on the same bed, that you miss him terribly and because of his tight study schedule, he might not be able to come to Nigeria for now, I bet you the visa officer handling it, if you are luckky tohave a female, will just laugh over it and issue you the visa.

1) Guys please grow up and show some more maturity, we dont need all this!

2) Good point,

@Poster, u may be granted d visa on compassionate grounds on the basis of the fact that you miss your husband dearly, do not appear desperate, the only odds u have to battle is the fact that u have been refused 3 times before. If you are lucky enough, it should be smooth sailing!

A friend of mine, just came to the UK finally after being refused 4times, this time, he appealed and pleaded his case, so anytin is possible

Study Visas are a lot more stringent compared to visit visas, as long as u satisfy the criteria and understand it is a different process, u wld be fine!

Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
Hi guys,

Though i am new i would really appreciate answers to my questions(even old members can benefit from questions asked by anyone new or old).It was a colleague at work that referred me to the travel section,it was only the jobs section that we check together until i gisted him about my traveling & i wanted some answers.

i got to know that no one is getting paid on this forum for giving advice but na beg i beg oo.Please help,

i actually got two admissions into 2 universities in the UK,one for Telecoms(unconditional),the other for Petroleum Eng.(Conditional).The latter condition was that i take some mechanical courses(about 3) which i didnt do well in my undergraduate studies,i had E's in the courses.though i finished with a 2:1

The course i really want is the Petroleum Eng., i did Industrial Eng. in Sch. My problem now is that i don't understand all the conditions. is it advisable to go for Petroleum with the conditions or should i just relax & go with telecoms(which is not related to my field 100%)?

Please guys help,, Pls also evaluate it from the Visa application point of view.

Thanks wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
Brash!:

1) Guys please grow up and show some more maturity, we don't need all this!

2) Good point,

@Poster, u may be granted d visa on compassionate grounds on the basis of the fact that you miss your husband dearly, do not appear desperate, the only odds u have to battle is the fact that u have been refused 3 times before. If you are lucky enough, it should be smooth sailing!

A friend of mine, just came to the UK finally after being refused 4times, this time, he appealed and pleaded his case, so anytin is possible

Study Visas are a lot more stringent compared to visit visas, as long as u satisfy the criteria and understand it is a different process, u would be fine!

Goodluck

go for a degree that is related to your undergrad degree,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MrCrackles(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2008
yettidear:

Hi guys,

Though i am new i would really appreciate answers to my questions(even old members can benefit from questions asked by anyone new or old).It was a colleague at work that referred me to the travel section,it was only the jobs section that we check together until i gisted him about my traveling & i wanted some answers.

i got to know that no one is getting paid on this forum for giving advice but na beg i beg oo.Please help,

i actually got two admissions into 2 university in the UK,one for Telecoms(unconditional),the other for Petroleum Eng.(Conditional).The latter condition was that i take some mechanical courses(about 3) which i didnt do well in my undergraduate studies,i had E's in the courses.though i finished with a 2:1

The course i really want is the Petroleum Eng., i did Industrial Eng. in Sch. My problem now is that i don't understand all the conditions. is it advisable to go for Petroleum with the coditions or should i just relax & go with telecoms(which is not related to my field 100%)?

Please guys help,

But this thread and section is about general visa enquiries and not educational option matters!

You should be able to know what you want in life career wise, u have two different courses in two different fields, why is that?

Your post doesnt reflect any understanding of what you want to do long-term, u cant just do a master's course for the fun of it!

Make up your mind and follow where ur heart lies, ur only confused because u dont know what you want, but it is only u who can answer that!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2008
@brash

Thanks for the advice it was rather harsh.i modified my post immediately & said look at it from the Visa application point of view.

Sorry if it was not clearly stated but want i said was that i want to go for Petroleum which was what i wanted from the very begining.

I am just scared the BHC guys might be wondering why it was conditional or something that was y i said "look at it from the visa application point of view"

Thanks for attempting the question though,nice of U.

Pls guys what is the implication on my Visa application if my admission is conditional?( that was what i was trying to ask in my last post).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2008
Thanks for the advice it was rather harsh.i modified my post immediately & said look at it from the Visa application point of view.

Sorry if it was not clearly stated but want i said was that i want to go for Petroleum which was what i wanted from the very begining.

I am just scared the BHC guys might be wondering why it was conditional or something that was y i said "look at it from the visa application point of view"

Thanks for attempting the question though,nice of You.

Please guys what is the implication on my Visa application if my admission is conditional?( that was what i was trying to ask in my last post).

@Yettidear,

my guy unconditional offer letters are one of the paramount criteria for your students visa been issued. if u can ask the school in question that they shud issue you with the unconditional offer letter that ur deal and their deal of undertaking some eng. courses still holds. The BHC can only guarantee that u have been accepted for full time course with that letter alone. tak kia man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MrCrackles(m): 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2008
yettidear:

@brash

Thanks for attempting the question though,nice of You.

Please guys what is the implication on my Visa application if my admission is conditional?( that was what i was trying to ask in my last post).

sorry i didnt mean to be brash and harsh! grin
now that you modified your post, the picture is clearer
the implication on your visa application if your admission is conditional means as long as u show that you are on-course to meeting the conditions for your admission, it shouldnt be a problem, in this case, u have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you intend to go on the course
Ideally, you need to have accepted an offer from a school but u cant accept one unless your conditional offer turns into unconditional

You should focus on achieving the conditions set out for your admission and once this is done, apply for your visa to be on the safer side!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2008
#To be noticed and appreciated, some people think they must have few handles on Nairaland. I remember my most controversial thread on Nairaland where i have to expose one of our best guy in Sports. Even though he is brilliant but he uses many names to compel his opinion on others. Thank God Funke is known by any other name on Nairaland other than Funkybabe kiss Kitaun will alwaysbe Kitaun.

## About travel fraternity grin. one of the thing i like about the party is when argument gets to the peak, we expose ourself NOT behind the door but openly on Nairaland for the benefit of all. And for many other reason(s)

## The Travel Fraternity group 2 (VOR, LC,Ty4real grin, Salsera,Paribus and Vicjustice are ever ready to respond to all enquries irrespective of number of post among others
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2008
@Megistu

I will check and reply you very late tonight. I am sorry i am too lazy these days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2008
@ brash

Thanks alot for the advice.And apology accepted. wink

@ shawamma

Thanks! You just got my whole gist,that was exactly what i was trying to understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Feu: 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2008
IncaGold:

Unfortunately, this happens to be one of the few times I've my mouth wide open. You started out well by offering some good advice (i thought you was sane then) until you decided to pick on me! Poor you, I really don't have your time and think u just ignore my messages and move on with your sad and boring life. Of course we all see things differently, but denying a person help simply because the person is new aint right. Loser!
I would not tow in the line of mud-slinging with you. I am not going to be persuaded with your cheap vulgarities. wink

I started out sane with my response to somebody else, when it got to you, I became insane right? wink That should tell you where your thinking faculty lies bruva. wink

That you see a blind man on the street everyday, do you give your money to every blind man on the street? (Use your thinking faculty to reason that out man) As you mentioned to Megastu to mind his own business, apply the same theology to a post that was not directed at you.

Enjoy man! wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2008
Feu:

I would not tow in the line of mud-slinging with you. I am not going to be persuaded with your cheap vulgarities. wink

I started out sane with my response to somebody else, when it got to you, I became insane right? wink That should tell you where your thinking faculty lies bruva. wink

That you see a blind man on the street everyday, do you give your money to every blind man on the street? (Use your thinking faculty to reason that out man) As you mentioned to Megastu to mind his own business, apply the same theology to a post that was not directed at you.

Enjoy man! wink

Tosser!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
Akolawole:

#To be noticed and appreciated, some people think they must have few handles on Nairaland. I remember my most controversial thread on Nairaland where i have to expose one of our best guy in Sports. Even though he is brilliant but he uses many names to compel his opinion on others. Thank God Funke is known by any other name on Nairaland other than Funkybabe kiss Kitaun will always be Kitaun.

If you accuse me of using multiple ids on nairaland, i'm the least bothered. Afterall people have called me vicjustice before. And i'll always be me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
[quote author=Many thanks to various response but my advice is that anybody that don't have any positive answer/advice that will help should not make any unfair response like akolawole(at least you should just honour the respect i gave you by directing the question to you ),tyreal (bear it in mind that individual problems differ)) and the issue of new member or not i believe it is out of it as a matured mind.

I have OND in accountancy, i work as an account officer in one registered private firm that deals with importation, supplier and hiring of Agricultural equipment, heavy duty parts with a salary of #51.5k per month after tax, and i also have a kiosk where i sells recharge cards, i have about #800k in my salary account and another savings account,

As for my hubby, though he has his own private accommodation, NI, pay telephone bills,bank account , but the issue is that he does no work and if i should include all these the ECO might want to see his source of income like payslip or so. Please more encouraging advise is welcome
[quote][/quote]

@poster,
I am sure your application will have a positive outcome.
If your husband course will last for another 12 months,your will be given a dependent visa for 12+ months which will entitle you to work.With your qualification/experience and possible proof that you will be able to secure a job in the UK(Print out from Online job agencies that suit your qualification and experience) will help.
Secondly,with a total of 800K (naira) in your account is a boost and a proof that you will not be a burden to the state(recourse to public funds).
Third,your past visa denial maynot be revelant in this case because of changes in your circumstances since the last refusal.
Lastly,the ECO will bear in mind Article 8 the right to family life when deciding your application,provided their proof that the marriage exist.
Wish you the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
brownbonno:

@poster,
   Ha, Brownie, na you dey talk this one shocked?
   I don't want to wish her ill luck, but by observation, i regret to say that a visa application on such situation will by no means result in a refusal.

brownbonno:

If your husband course will last for another 12 months,your will be given a dependent visa for 12+ months which will entitle you to work
   One of the most traditional requirements for visa application assessment is the applicant or sponsor's financial status which also consist of job or occupation: Whether the husband's course lasts for one year or 20 years, under no circumstance will a visa be issued when the person inviting him/her is jobless.

brownbonno:

With your qualification/experience and possible proof that you will be able to secure a job in the UK(Print out from Online job agencies that suit your qualification and experience) will help
   Most Nigerians get visa refusals because they're not well prepared or are rather misinformed. Let's not build hope on illusion nor invest career on faith. There's no such thing as "proof that you can get a job in the UK", such a prove does not exist, it's either you have a job or you don't have one.

brownbonno:

Secondly,with a total of 800K (naira) in your account is a boost and a proof that you will not be a burden to the state(recourse to public funds).
   Man, don't disappoint me with the 800k thing, or perhaps we're taking about $800k, USA?

brownbonno:

Third,your past visa denial maynot be revelant in this case because of changes in your circumstances since the last refusal.
Lastly,the ECO will bear in mind Article 8 the right to family life when deciding your application,provided their proof that the marriage exist.
Wish you the best
   Though, every application is said to be treated in its own merit, but the fact remains that previous applications outcome do influence subsequent ones, if not, there wouldn't have been such questions as:
*"Have you ever applied for a UK visa before?"
*"Was it issued"
*Did you appeal"
*"How is this application different?" etc

Please, guys, let's not just form the habit of encouraging everyone to apply with illussional hope, let's assess the situations of applications before encouragement: As for me, i believe it's better to prevent a winner than to persuade a looser.

Well, despite the fact of the exist[b]ed[/b] issues between me and Pataki/Funky, i do know that these guys know their stuff. Although, i acknowledge your intention as i know that no one is perfect.
  Akolawole, Londoncool, Vor, Vikiviko, Paribus and others, i acknowledge you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2008
vvvjustice:

Ha, Brownie, na you sey talk this one shocked?
   I don't want to wish her ill luck, but from observation, i regret to say that a visa application on such situation will by no means result in a refusal.

One of the most traditional requirements for visa application assessment is the applicant or sponsor's financial status which also consist of job or occupation: Whether the husband's course lasts for one year or 20 years, under no circumstance will a visa be issued when the person inviting him/her is jobless.
   Most Nigerians get visa refusals because they're not well prepared or are rather misinformed. Let's not build hope on illusion nor invest career on faith. There's no such thing as "proof that you can get a job in the UK", such a prove does not exist, it's either you have a job or you don't have one.

Man, don't disappoint me with the 800k thing, or perhaps we're taking about $800k, USA?

Though, every application is said to be treated in its own merit, but the fact remains that previous application outcome do influence subsequent ones, if not, there wouldn't have been such questions as:
*"Was it issued"
*Did you appeal"
*How's this application different?" etc

Please, guys, let's not just form the habit of encouraging everyone to apply with illussional hope, let's assess the situations of applications before encouragement: As for me, i believe it's better to prevent a winner than to persuade a looser.

ECOs are guided by the IMMIGRATION DIRECTORATES’ INSTRUCTIONS and the case in question is guided by Para 76 of the Uk immigration rules.

Spouses of students or civil partners of prospective students
Requirements for leave to enter or remain as the spouse or civil partner of a student or prospective student
76. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom as the spouse or civil partner of a student or a prospective student are that::

(i) the applicant is married to or the civil partner of a person admitted to or allowed to remain in the United Kingdom under paragraphs 57-75 or 82-87F; and

(ii) each of the parties intends to live with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner during the applicant's stay and the marriage or the civil partner of is subsisting; and

(iii) there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds; and

(iv) the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and

(v) the applicant does not intend to take employment except as permitted under paragraph 77 below; and

(vi) the applicant intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of any period of leave granted to him.

Leave to enter or remain as the spouse or civil partner of a student or prospective student
77. A person seeking leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom as the spouse or civil partner of a student or a prospective student may be admitted or allowed to remain for a period not in excess of that granted to the student or prospective student provided the Immigration Officer or, in the case of an application for limited leave to remain, the Secretary of State is satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 76 is met. Employment may be permitted where the period of leave granted to the student or prospective student is, or was, 12 months or more.

Refusal of leave to enter or remain as the spouse or civil partner of a student or prospective student
78. Leave to enter or remain as the spouse or civil partner of a student or prospective student is to be refused if the Immigration Officer or, in the case of an application for limited leave to remain, the Secretary of State is not satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 76 is met.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
vvvjustice:

. . . One of the most traditional requirements for visa application assessment is the applicant or sponsor's financial status which also consist of job or occupation: Whether the husband's course lasts for one year or 20 years, under no circumstance will a visa be issued when the person inviting him/her is jobless.

I beg to differ here, her husband is on a student visa so the fact that he is not working/has not been working gives a better indication that he is not the type to recourse to public fund, so this is advantageous to Miss Tolapo.

So you are wrong to state that consideration of financial status means he has to have a job. She is allowed to work full-time as a dependant if she wants. (par 77), he has to apply for permission to work and can not do more than 20 hours term-time as a student.

vvvjustice:

Visas have been issued on nil/negative balance accounts. It is how you run the account that counts, not how much your balance is.

vvvjustice:

Though, every application is said to be treated in its own merit, but the fact remains that previous application outcome do influence subsequent ones, if not, there wouldn't have been such questions as:
*"Was it issued"
*Did you appeal"
*"How is this application different?" etc

Please, guys, let's not just form the habit of encouraging everyone to apply with illussional hope, let's assess the situations of applications before encouragement:

Previous application should not influence recent ones, except you commit some misdemeanour. Every application has to be considered on its own merits.

vvvjustice:

As for me, i believe it's better to prevent a winner than to persuade a looser.

pardon? wha'ya say? can you come again?

vvvjustice:

Well, despite the fact of the exist[b]ed[/b] issues between me and Pataki/Funky, i do know that these guys know their stuff. Although, i acknowledge your intention as i know that no one is perfect.
Akolawole, Londoncool, Vor, Vikiviko, Paribus and others, i acknowledge you all.

Okay, so Brownbonno does not know his stuff, and it is alright for you to say this as no one is perfect?

ROFPMSL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 11:38pm On Aug 04, 2008
tolapo:

. . .As for my hubby, though he has his own private accommodation, NI, pay telephone bills,bank account , but the issue is that he does no work and if i should include all these the ECO might want to see his source of income like payslip or so. Please more encouraging  advise is welcome

As long as your hubby can prove that he has never worked but received money for his upkeep from his uncle (his sponsor), you are good to go.

Another thing is the part 8 of the Human Right Article with respect for right to family life, every application with a human right claim has to be treated with extra special kid gloves, as it is still a grey area. It allows for more scrutiny by the powers that be.

If, and I say if you have a case and paperwork such as genuine bank statements, etc that can withstand such scrutiny, I'd say milk the Human Right aspect for what it is worth.   

Wish you all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Feu: 11:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
brownbonno:

@poster,
If your husband course will last for another 12 months,your will be given a dependent visa for 12+ months which will entitle you to work.With your qualification/experience and possible proof that you will be able to secure a job in the UK(Print out from Online job agencies that suit your qualification and experience) will help.
Wish you the best
While there might have been a vicissitude to case of the applicant, the onus is the applicant to show beyond reasonable doubt that the application is genuine and true. Article 8 does not have bearing on the case of the applicant here.

Another gross error you have made here is that past visa denial do have relevance to the case, as all previous application by the applicant has been in the category D status of UK immigration. This application she intends to make now is subject also to a Category D visa. This application will therefore be weighed on her past immigration application and if there are loopholes. . . . . . REFUSAL.

Who intends to sponsor her at the moment?. . . . . . Her husband who is jobless in the UK?. . . . What is his economic status in the UK? How does he obtain his funds? Is the funds sufficient enough to cater for himself and his wife?

While there is the Paragraph 77 upon which the applicant can hinge on for her application, there is also NOTHING stopping the husband from traveling back to Nigeria to see his wife. Which is why I asked earlier on, has the husband ever returned to Nigeria to visit his wife?

This is a clear case of visa refusal. No point dancing on fictitious theories of UK immigration rules.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
Hi, Sweetheart wink
  How have you been cool?
  I do understand your point about the financial issues of Mrs Tolapo Husband, i understand he's on a student visa and that he is jobless, hence i mentioned that "One of the most traditional requirements for visa application assessment is the applicant or sponsor's financial status which also consist of job or occupation" I implied the necessity of him having a job because she stated that her husband (who's also her potential guest) depends on his uncle for finance.
  When i remarked "As for me, i believe it's better to prevent a winner than to persuade a looser", i was definitely referring to visa application cases, so i meant: It's helpful not to encourage someone to loss money on an application that won't be successful.
  Talking about people who got visas with "nil/negative balance accounts", lets now weigh the relative magnitudes of these two quantities: (1)the rate of success and (2)the rate of failure and then, let's make a balance of probability.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 11:58pm On Aug 04, 2008
Feu:

While there might have been a vicissitude to case of the applicant, the onus is the applicant to show beyond reasonable doubt that the application is genuine and true. Article 8 does not have bearing on the case of the applicant here.

Another gross error you have made here is that past visa denial do have relevance to the case, as all previous application by the applicant has been in the category D status of UK immigration. This application she intends to make now is subject also to a Category D visa. This application will therefore be weighed on her past immigration application and if there are loopholes. . . . . . REFUSAL.

Who intends to sponsor her at the moment?. . . . . . Her husband who is jobless in the UK?. . . . What is his economic status in the UK? How does he obtain his funds? Is the funds sufficient enough to cater for himself and his wife?

While there is the Paragraph 77 upon which the applicant can hinge on for her application, there is also NOTHING stopping the husband from traveling back to Nigeria to see his wife. Which is why I asked earlier on, has the husband ever returned to Nigeria to visit his wife?

This is a clear case of visa refusal. No point dancing on fictitious theories of UK immigration rules.
My goodness, who's the brilliant someone who seems to be coming from nowhere but have established himself beyond doubt to have come from somewhere?
I've been folowing your posts, i must admit that they're indeed rich with knowledge.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 12:05am On Aug 05, 2008
@Busy_body,
Thanks for the knowledgable input.

@Poster

The calculation as Londoncool pointed out is not x 12 months as illustrated below(though not relevant to your case).

MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENT
28. Please refer to paragraphs 319C, 319H and
appendix E of the Immigration Rules.
29. One of the requirements for family members of
Tier 1 migrants is that they must be able to support
themselves for the entire duration of their stay in the
United Kingdom without needing help from public
funds (for example benefi ts provided by the state). If
they cannot, they could face fi nancial hardship because
they will not have access to most state benefi ts.
30. If the Tier 1 migrant (the main applicant) is
outside the United Kingdom or has been present in
the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the
family member of the Tier 1 migrant must show that
he/she, the main applicant, or (for children) his/her
other parent who is also legally present in the United
Kingdom has at least £1600 to support the family
member in addition to any funds the main applicant
needs to prove he/she has enough money to support
himself/herself.
31. If the main applicant has been in the United
Kingdom for 12 months or more, the family member
of the Tier 1 migrant must have £533 to support
himself/herself.
For example, main applicant has been in the UK
for 6 months, who is making an application at the
same time as his spouse and two children must show
that he has £1600 for his spouse and £1600 for
each child, in addition to £800 required for his own
support. In total the family will require evidence that
they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800
+ £800).
32. If the same main applicant and his family had been
present in the UK for two years, they would require
evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 +
£800) in available funds.
33. If a dependant applies separately from the main
applicant, there must still be enough funds to support
each member of the family. Therefore in the example
above, if the family has a third child, the main
applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two
years and the family appiles for leave to remain for the
third child separately, they must provide evidence that
they have an additional £533 in available funds

The balance of probability as always  insinuated ECOs are discretion which they exercise in deciding an EC.But can be challenged if it fall short as advised by their case work instructions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 12:38am On Aug 05, 2008
vvvjustice:

. . . Talking about people who got visas with "nil/negative balance accounts", lets now weigh the relative magnitudes of these two quantities: (1)the rate of success and (2)the rate of failure and then, let's make a balance of probability.

The rate of success or failure is relatively at the discretion of the ECO, and the outcome (if unfavourable) is legally challengeable. It is how you run the account that counts. Why do you think "lodgement" is an issue?

vvvjustice:

My goodness, who's the brilliant someone who seems to be coming from nowhere but have established himself beyond doubt to have come from somewhere?
I've been folowing your posts, i must admit that they're indeed rich with knowledge.

Ease up mon darlink, the situation has split three ways, tory don jam t-junction. Is it Tier 1 or Tier 4 or Cat D or all of the three? 

I have seen one proof outta the three, and it's not whose you think tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 12:51am On Aug 05, 2008
Busy_body:

The rate of success or failure is relatively at the discretion of the ECO, and the outcome (if unfavourable) is legally challengeable. It is how you run the account that matters. Why do you think "lodgement" is an issue?

Ease up mon darlink, the situation has split three ways, tory don jam t-junction. Is it Tier 1 or Tier 4 or Cat D or all of the three? 

Dear, first of all, a visa is a privilege, not a legal right; a refusal is an entitlement[i] (to the visa officer); [/i] while a right of appeal is a favour. So, an outcome of a visa (if unfavourable) is not legally challengeable, that's not the word.
   You and i know that no matter how good you run your account, if the balance in it is not satisfying to the ECO, the result would be as bad as money lodgment
   I swear, this is one of the simplest and yet one of the most complicated case. These controversies are enough evidence that Mrs. Tolapo is really far from being prepared for a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 12:54am On Aug 05, 2008
Feu:

Guy, do you expect everyone to reason  the way you do? I DO NOT THINK SO.

Learn to shut up once in a while and mind your own business as well. angry angry angry

shocked  shocked  shocked

You too zip it. He already said he respected their reasons/decisions thrice, which in other words means that he does not expect them to reason the way he does. tongue

IncaGold:

If you accuse me of using multiple ids on nairaland, i'm the least bothered. Afterall people have called me vicjustice before. And i'll always be me. HAVE A GOOD DAY!
Much love; Incagold + other handles

Mash it up bwai.
much love; Busy_body + Big_bumper + other many love handles.

@ Tolapo, et al

Na them sabi, you don’t need to chase people and stalk them by email for months, like Megastu. You still have the expertise of the “bookish” set of travel experts on Nairaland to rely on such as Londoncool, Vor, Brownbonno, Vvvjustice, Vikikoko, Feu. You also have good people like Paribus, Ty4real, etc who can lick you into shape.Their God-given knowledge and patience is commendable and they are decent, when they too could easily be . . .

Don’t push your luck though, because I am sure everyone has a tolerance level. Despite Siena's thick protuding backside, one thing that grates him is lazy people, who have to ask questions such as "what colour of pen do I need to fill in the form?, etc" wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 1:01am On Aug 05, 2008
Lol cheesy grin, Busy_one, i like you kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 1:01am On Aug 05, 2008
vvvjustice:

Dear, first of all, a visa is a privilege, not a legal right; a refusal is an entitlement; while a right of appeal is a favour. So, an outcome of a visa (if unfavourable) is not legally challengeable"

VVV,
U need to sleep,wake up and re-read this again.I am sure you will modify this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 1:11am On Aug 05, 2008
brownbonno:

VVV,
You need to sleep,wake up and re-read this again.I am sure you will modify this.
   Brownie, i know what you mean wink, man, but i know what i'm saying cool.
   I mean, if one is giving the favour to appeal a visa refusal, that doesn't mean that it's his own legal rights. So, despite giving the opportunity prove one's case, every embassy reserves the right to decide who it allows to come into its country as well as who it refuses.
   So, visa refusal is not legally challengable, but rather leniently considerable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:15am On Aug 05, 2008
vvvjustice:

Dear, first of all, a visa is a privilege, not a legal right;

Every visa application that carries a right of appeal is a legal right, not a priviledge. As long as you follow all the rules of the applicable paragraph, they have to issue the visa to you.

Hence the need for the long overdue shake up of the visa rules. It has become slightly harder than before, but as usual, they have left loopholes which people are gonna take advantage of.

vvvjustice:

a refusal is an entitlement;

They can keep that type of entitlement and stick it up where the sun don't shine  cool

vvvjustice:

while a right of appeal is a favour. So, an outcome of a visa (if unfavourable) is not legally challengeable"

But it is legally challengeable though, Ain't it true that if you have a right to appeal, you are only allowed to challenge the decision of the ECO on a legal ground.

vvvjustice:

You and i know that no matter how good you run your account, if the balance in it is not satisfying to the ECO, the result would be as bad as money lodgment
I swear, this is one of the simplest and yet one of the most complicated case.

The ECO's decision in this instance is discretionary, they have to weigh everything on a balance of probabilities, and considering the fact that you only need to be educated to A level standard to qualify for such posts, . . . What I am saying is that they are human and cannot always get things right all the time, but , how you run your account is what counts, and this has more bearing on a decision than balance of account or suspicious activities (last minute lump sum deposits)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:22am On Aug 05, 2008
vvvjustice:

Dear, first of all, a visa is a privilege, not a legal right; a refusal is an entitlement; while a right of appeal is a favour. So, an outcome of a visa (if unfavourable) is not legally challengeable, . . .

brownbonno:

VVV,
You need to sleep,wake up and re-read this again.I am sure you will modify this.

How dare you say that about my vvvjustice  angry angry angry tongue tongue tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Fat chance of that happening now, as I have captured it in toto. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.