Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,851,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306704 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OY4EVER: 1:24am On Aug 05, 2008
i applied for STUDENT VISA.but i was refused. they said balance probability. that i dont have evidence that my sponsor is a trader (becos i said she is a trader in the sponsor letter).and in the application form i made a mistake to say she receves a monthly income of N250,000. (trader does not know thier monthly income -it fluctuates). so pls tell me what to do . i dont have an evidence that my mother is a trader . im thinking of going to make a certificate of authority .

pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Feu: 1:26am On Aug 05, 2008
yettidear:

Hi guys,

Though i am new i would really appreciate answers to my questions(even old members can benefit from questions asked by anyone new or old).It was a colleague at work that referred me to the travel section,it was only the jobs section that we check together until i gisted him about my traveling & i wanted some answers.

i got to know that no one is getting paid on this forum for giving advice but na beg i beg oo.Please help,

i actually got two admissions into 2 universities in the UK,one for Telecoms(unconditional),the other for Petroleum Eng.(Conditional).The latter condition was that i take some mechanical courses(about 3) which i didnt do well in my undergraduate studies,i had E's in the courses.though i finished with a 2:1

The course i really want is the Petroleum Eng., i did Industrial Eng. in Sch. My problem now is that i don't understand all the conditions. is it advisable to go for Petroleum with the conditions or should i just relax & go with telecoms(which is not related to my field 100%)?

Please guys help,, Please also evaluate it from the Visa application point of view.

Thanks wink
Do you have any work experience in the Telecoms sector? What do you stand to gain from studying Telecommunications in the UK?

While you are at liberty to do what is referred to as SWITCHING, you must have shown an appreciable level of consistency with your career to give validity of reasons for wanting to switch. In the UK, there is what is called the Continuing Professional Development (CPD), that shows a consistency of your career path. With a background degree in Industrial Engineering, I would suppose, pursuing a Masters in any industrial related engineering sector should prove very convincing to the ECO.

However, I would be rather harsh on you here, as you seem not decided on knowing what you want to do, and you would rather seek that anonymous individuals should make-up your mind for you.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OY4EVER: 1:28am On Aug 05, 2008
if i apply to uk embassy.(student visa) will be be too late? my school is starting 19 septmber
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 1:32am On Aug 05, 2008
Forget about how they call it; "rights of appeal" and consider what nature of rights they are; i don't see that as a right because, you can do absolutely nothing even if you suffered miscarriage of justice. If you think it's a right, then, why can't a victim of ECO demand it, can't you see that they decide who to give the rights to and who to deny it?
  There's a huge difference between Demand and Request, so, this is not a right, but a privilege. Or, haven't you heard of cases whereby an applicant wont his appeal by proving the authenticity of the purpose of application, but still, it was ruled that he shouldn't be given a visa?
  It's honourable to say goodnight to a dear one like you. [size=20pt]Goodnight all!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OY4EVER: 1:33am On Aug 05, 2008
pls some one answer me b4 u all go to bed. pls pls pls psl
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:38am On Aug 05, 2008
vvvjustice:

Brownie, i know what you mean wink, man, but i know what i'm saying cool.
  I mean, if one is giving the favour to appeal a visa refusal, that doesn't mean that it's his own legalrights. So, despite giving the opportunity prove one's case, every embassy reserves the right to decide who they allow to come into their country as well as who they refuse.
  So, visa refusal is not legally challengable, but rather leniently considerable

Until the recent visa shake-up that took place in July 2008, and as long as their hands were tied by the Human Rights law, they don't reserve nada rights. They sold themselves short, they always do , do you know how many people they are trying to deport but can't due to the courts following the law to a tee?

Why do you think they bribe foreign criminals or illegal immigrants to go home over and over again? Some foreign criminals and illegal immigrants that collected the bribe and went home, are back in the country and the authorities concerned are aware of this, because their is no law to prevent this happening.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:40am On Aug 05, 2008
O.Y4EVER:

if i apply to uk embassy.(student visa) will be be too late? my school is starting 19 septmber

It is not too late to apply, you can still apply right up to September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2008
salsera:

akolawole, funkybaby

i dey hail,
keep up d good work
i still check this thread -sometimes its like a soap opera lol

anyways keep it up.

i'm yet to renew my uk visa- that 52k no be small matter besides the spate of refusals i've heard of even for renewals isnt encouraging

hey girl ! smiley
long time.
lol at soap opera grin grin
hahaha at the fee. you had better look for the money grin
you never can tell when the fee will be increased again
regarding the spate of refusals for renewal. i heard the same myself. take the application seriously. assume you are applying for the first time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by johnthomas: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2008
Hi people,i hope you can give me some useful hints, i was removed to nigeria from the uk about 2 years ago and i just got married to my old british/white girlfriend some weeks ago,is there a possibility that i can get a visa back to the uk under this new immigration rules which is being proporsed in the uk,even though i am married to a british but wont they take my removal from the uk as a clause.please i need advise on that,secondly as a nigerian married toan EU/BRITISH citizen,i and my wife would like to visit france for our honeymoon, i went through the schengen visa form and less questions were needed fom spouses and dependants of EU/EEA citizens,please can anybody advise me on what we will need to present at the french embassy.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2008
@Busy_body,
Long time! hope you're enjoying the soap opera?

@yettidear,
Deciding on the course you want is entirely up to you. Both areas (oil and gas; Telecomms) have great potentials in Nigeria but you have to buttress this point when applying. Forget those crap about career path, your reasons for doing a masters in telecomms could be becos you recognise the enormous potential and growth opportunities in the telecomms sector and since your first degree is in a different field, you know doing a masters in telecoms will place you in good position to benefit from the growth in the sector (as simple as abc) and if you decide on Pet. Eng I guess the ECO wont have any qualms with that as well.

Best wishes (you still have to make the choice yourself)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2008
LondonCool:

Athough I would agree with you concerning the entry qualifications, I'd like to state that most ECO's are not your average Spiky haired A'level graduate. Most of them have Bachelor,Masters and Phd degree's in various fields of endeavour. Most of them have worked in various FCO's around the world in different Foreign Posts and have amassed lots of experience. Dont forget Immigration Officers also get seconded to ECO Posts. There are lots of ECO's who are well versed in the affairs of Nigeria,Ghana,Pakistan ,etc that you would wonder if they were citizens of these countries.

They are offered a voluntary induction programme as part of their training to familiarise them with the local custom of the country they are seconded to. wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2008
LondonCool:

I'd like to state that most ECO's are not your average Spiky haired A'level graduate. Most of them have Bachelor,Masters and Phd degree's in various fields of endeavour. Most of them have worked in various FCO's around the world in different Foreign Posts and have amassed lots of experience. Dont forget Immigration Officers also get seconded to ECO Posts. There are lots of ECO's who are well versed in the affairs of Nigeria,Ghana,Pakistan ,etc that you would wonder if they were citizens of these countries.

##I agree with the fact they are versed with Naija and the likes. I remember one of my girl's experience in Gatwick where she was asked how she could be a Cousin to an Ibo man. She was shocked.

### They are not that educated at all. Most are just school certificate holders, A levels. Only their managers really get qualification.

How could you explain why ECO do say first degree in Accountancy is NOT related to Msc in International Finance. !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2008
IncaGold:

@Busy_body,
Long time! hope you're enjoying the soap opera?

Wha'ppen bred, E'ry thing kris fi yonder. Won't miss the soap opera for anything in the world. Already booked my ring-side benchwarmer seat laaaaang time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
LondonCool:

@Poster

. . .The person who mentioned that visa's can be granted on nil balances is not correct to say so, as there needs to be a minimum acceptable balance each month.[/i]

I reiterate that, it is how the account is run that matters. Of course, with a nil balance/negative balance, the nature of the job is highly relevent too. A nil balance, when you are going to retire in a few months, or when you no longer have a job or if your account is not properly run in the six months prior to application would be thrown out.

LondonCool:

NO Court/Tribunal is going to entertain an Article 8 application to join a Student with Limited Leave to Remain in UK just because their Student dependant application was turned down. Thats not the purpose of Article 8. A good Article 3 application could make a ridicule of the system though.

They already do, except I am special, I always knew it cheesy. . .

Ever since the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 abolished the rights of appeal in all non-family immigration cases, the only recourse that visa applicants from Katmandu to Kutuwenji had, was the right of appeal on grounds of human rights or race discrimination.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 1:40am On Aug 06, 2008
@tolapo,

From the foregoing,it is clear that you can make an application to join your husband by fulfilling the requirements in para 76 of the immigration rules.In addition,your husband uncle CANNOT sponsor you as decided in a recent case law(PA (Student’s family: third-party support?) Bangladesh [2008] UKAIT 00016)(The maintenance requirements of para 76 of the Immigration Rules are not met by the provision of maintenance by a third party.).
Your husband can as well take up an employment (max 20 hrs per week) and your existing personal savings to enable you have a case/ground for a successful application.
Wish you the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Feu

Do you have any work experience in the Telecoms sector? What do you stand to gain from studying Telecommunications in the UK?

While you are at liberty to do what is referred to as SWITCHING, you must have shown an appreciable level of consistency with your career to give validity of reasons for wanting to switch. In the UK, there is what is called the Continuing Professional Development (CPD), that shows a consistency of your career path. With a background degree in Industrial Engineering, I would suppose, pursuing a Masters in any industrial related engineering sector should prove very convincing to the ECO.

However, I would be rather harsh on you here, as you seem not decided on knowing what you want to do, and you would rather seek that anonymous individuals should make-up your mind for you.

All the best

Thanks, i was actually more concerned by the ECO boys on the conditional stuff,i sent a mail to the school & they promised to send me the unconditional letter but that they just wanted me to know that i will be taking some modules than some of my colleagues.

i was not going to let anonymous ppl make decision for me,NEVER. i knew i could go for any of the two (I wanted Pet. Eng. all my life),but i was just concerned abt the conditions that was given for Petroleum Eng & the ECO boys.

I dont have experience in Telecoms but i have for Pet. Eng.

Thanks for the advice! wink

@IncaGold
@yettidear,
Deciding on the course you want is entirely up to you. Both areas (oil and gas; Telecomms) have great potentials in Nigeria but you have to buttress this point when applying. Forget those crap about career path, your reasons for doing a masters in telecomms could be because you recognise the enormous potential and growth opportunities in the telecomms sector and since your first degree is in a different field, you know doing a masters in telecoms will place you in good position to benefit from the growth in the sector (as simple as abc) and if you decide on Pet. Eng I guess the ECO wont have any qualms with that as well.

Best wishes (you still have to make the choice yourself

Thanks for the advice!

i really loved it.just like i have said to Feu,i wanted Pet. Eng. but was skeptical abt the conditions given.

Cheers! kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2008
Quote from: pharuk on June 18, 2008, 04:32 PM
hi everyone, all protocols observed, please i would be applying for a visa next month, BankPHB is sponsoring it or would i say my mum took a loan from them since the bank is into education loan, am paying full tuition fee and accomodation for 40 weeks, is there anything paramount i shld add to make it a sucess story?
help!!!

have you paid all fees, do you know you address re- accomodation?

@everyone

Hi guys,came to this forum to get info for a cousin of mine that is planning to go for his Msc. He wants to use my Dad's acct. (who is his Uncle) & he is planning to get this loan thing to pay atleast half of his fees.

Does he need to state that the bank is helping out?if so what should he add to his application on this issue.

Thanks guys!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tolapo: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2008
Millions of thanks to various response to my issue, the conclusion now is that my hubby should get a job while i wait for now in order to prepare himself well before i put in the application. i believe before then solid preparation will be on ground before the application, WHICH I WILL STILL POST TO NAIRALAND BEFORE SUBMISSION

Once again thanks to various contributors . GOD BLESS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by TonyTone1: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2008
hello ouse,After winning an appeal , this year i was asked to come to the uk embssy with evidence of funds and updated unconditional offer and my passport so  i went to the uk embasy last week,i was expecting an interview but to my surprise  after like 1 hour ,they collected my passport and all necessary documents ,after another 1 hour ,i was given a white paper notifying me that my visa has been approved and dat i should come on the 14 of august 2008 for collection of my passport, please has anyone had this expirience before?Can anyone tel me if i will go tru an interview or any likely questions!!!11 kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MrCrackles(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2008
Tony Tone:

hello ouse,After winning an appeal , this year i was asked to come to the uk embssy with evidence of funds and updated unconditional offer and my passport so i went to the uk embasy last week,i was expecting an interview but to my surprise after like 1 hour ,they collected my passport and all necessary documents ,after another 1 hour ,i was given a white paper notifying me that my visa has been approved and that i should come on the 14 of august 2008 for collection of my passport, please has anyone had this expirience before?Can anyone tel me if i will go tru an interview or any likely questions!!!11 kiss

omo u don hammer be dat! grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lopelope: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2008
Nice work here and its really nice to know nijas can be there for one another.I need advice on my situation:

I applied for student visa to Knightbridge College to do ACCA as i already have HND Upper Credit Accounting and one of my lectures advice that i should concentrate on PROFESSIONAL last year and was returned claiming that my wasc certificate is forged and due to ignorance,i never appeal and now i want to join my spouse who is a student as his dependant and am worried that hope the last case will not affect my chances.I currently work as an account officer in a manufacturing company in Abuja and has some little savings to show that i can survive there.

WHAT DO YOU ADVICE ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
@lopelope,
All EC cases are handle on its individual merit.Since you are economical with your information,i will advice you to go through Tolapo case which is similar to your situation.
Wish you the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peter2010(m): 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2008
My brother was refused an entry clearance to UK at Abuja in July 2008 and I want him to reapply to Lagos High Commission by next week. The reason why they refused him wasn't genuine, they said they are in doubt if he will come back after the conclusion of his education because he doesn't have tie back home and prospect. They didn't complain about any other thing apart from that. I want house to advice me on which way to follow on his reapplication please. It is very urgent because the school is to resume in september. THANKS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
peter2010:

My brother was refused an entry clearance to UK at Abuja in July 2008 and I want him to reapply to Lagos High Commission by next week. The reason why they refused him wasn't genuine, they said they are in doubt if he will come back after the conclusion of his education because he doesn't have tie back home and prospect. They didn't complain about any other thing apart from that. I want house to advice me on which way to follow on his reapplication please. It is very urgent because the school is to resume in september. THANKS

What course did he apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peter2010(m): 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2008
Business Studies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ennypj: 10:08pm On Aug 07, 2008
pls nairalanders,i wrote oau pume but unfortunatly not good.but now can i change my institution and which institution is available now? send me the reply no mile4god@yahoo.com.love u all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2008
brownbonno:

@lopelope,
All EC cases are handle on its individual merit.Since you are economical with your information,i will advice you to go through Tolapo case which is similar to your situation.
Wish you the best.
Is it just economical, i smell some dishonesty, though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:49am On Aug 08, 2008
peter2010:

Business Studies

Sorry I did not make myself clear enough.

I wanted to find out if it was a first degree or a master degree course that he got turned down for, because they are no longer allowed to use those reasons anymore due to the fact that graduates are now eligible to stay behind to apply for a two year work permit which can later be changed into the Tier 1 thingy, which in turn can be used as a passport to ILR after an aggregate period of 5 years starting from . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.