Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,460 members, 7,846,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306565 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 11:23am On Aug 20, 2008
brownbonno:

Thanks for telling them the truth.I decided to ignore  the accusation of castigating.Pity people who still believe in living in[b] falsehold[/b].

I know the difference between castigating and the truth if I see one. wink

I also know what it is to be righteous, though I ain't a born-again Christian. As long as you are not the one that issued a demand of minimum of 100,000 posts before one can ask a visa related question, you can rest on your laurels. cool

Methinks they doth protesteth too much, the sanctimonious lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2008
hmmm, it's good to know some people know the difference between the truth and castigating! I careless about that and i'll repeat a phrase I used earlier "He without SIN should cast the first stone"

What are my chances? A civil answer would have been, for this reason blah blah blah your chances are or look slim. Not the way he was firing the young lady about her family screwing the system and all that (We don't even know if the young that stayed back was prevailed upon to return by his parent but to no avail).

brownbonno:

Thanks for telling them the truth.I decided to ignore the accusation of castigating.Pity people who still believe in living in[b] falsehold[/b].
This sinless and faultless dude, ride on. More power to your elbow, pretty sure you'll be a better replace for Ribadu.

I'm pretty sure that the same guy fighting hard to protect Nigeria's image will twist and turn with fingers in the air dancing to Olu Maintains' YAHOOZEE!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2008
IncaGold:

hmmm, it's good to know some people know the difference between the truth and castigating! I careless about that and i'll repeat a phrase I used earlier "He without SIN should cast the first stone"

What are my chances? A civil answer would have been, for this reason blah blah blah your chances are or look slim. Not the way he was firing the young lady about her family screwing the system and all that (We don't even know if the young that stayed back was prevailed upon to return by his parent but to no avail).
This sinless and faultless dude, ride on. More power to your elbow, pretty sure you'll be a better replace for Ribadu.

I'm pretty sure that the same guy fighting hard to protect Nigeria's image will twist and turn with fingers in the air dancing to Olu Maintains' YAHOOZEE!

Dude,no need trading words and don;t forget-He that seek equity must come with  clean hands.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2008
IncaGold:

hmmm, it's good to know some people know the difference between the truth and castigating! I careless about that and i'll repeat a phrase I used earlier "He without SIN should cast the first stone". . .

Vanessa asked what chances she had, and someone felt she had nil chance until the issue on the ground was resolved, and exercised his right to rant in the process. If this certain someone proferring advice has just crawled out of the woodworks, then you would be right to think they were being heavy-handed, but his next paragraph on the issue summed his reasoning up. 

Brownbonno's interjection did not debar other people from telling her, her chances are 100%, and no one's died yet so . . .

Afterall, when Londoncool was giving shawamma tid-bits of information, you were the one who rightly quipped that he should desist from killing him softly i.e. cut to the chase and put him out of his misery, now Brownbonno chose to strike whilst the iron's still hot and hit the nail on its head, you are
protesting, oh well undecided mankind sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2008
Busy_body:

Vanessa asked what chances she had, and someone felt she had nil chance until the issue on the ground was resolved, and exercised his right to rant in the process. If this certain someone proferring advice has just crawled out of the woodworks, then you would be right to think they were being heavy-handed, but his next paragraph on the issue summed his reasoning up.

Brownbonno's interjection did not debar other people from telling her, her chances are 100%, and no one's died yet so . . .

Afterall, when Londoncool was giving shawamma tid-bits of information, you were the one who rightly quipped that he should desist from killing him softly i.e. cut to the chase and put him out of his misery, now Brownbonno chose to strike whilst the iron's still hot and hit the nail on its head, you are protesting, oh well undecided mankind sha

"He that seeks equity must do equity" abi? I rest my case.

Busy bee, my personal person. Carry go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2008
IncaGold:

Busy bee, my personal person. Carry go

You know how we do cool I just like to spread love wherever I go and if I have to do it by force, well tough tongue cheesy

@ Incagold and Brownbonno

Equity ke? Which one be equity begat equity? This one no fair o, because I no go school, you come dey denge-pose dey show off with big big english wey I no understand, it is well. cool It can't be the equity I know, can it i.e. the moneymortgage related equity. Oh well, God dey sha, na money you people wan come dey take show me off. Don't worry, the young shall grow. tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2008
@busy bee,
Yea right, tell me say you no know wetin we dey talk about?
By the way with the fall in prices of properties, i'm sure loads of people would have accumulated negative equity on their property. So no money to collect and no need to pose at all.

I accept ur love wether hot or cold, hard or soft. Love na love!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2008
Busy_body:

You know how we do cool I just like to spread love wherever I go and if I have to do it by force, well tough tongue cheesy

@ Incagold and Brownbonno

Equity ke? Which one be equity begat equity? This one no fair o, because I no go school, you come dey denge-pose dey show off with big big english wey I no understand, it is well. cool It can't be the equity I know, can it i.e. the moneymortgage related equity. Oh well, God dey sha, na money you people wan come dey take show me off. Don't worry, the young shall grow. tongue

You remain a star

IncaGold:

U don borrow pin-hole camera take diagnose the case abi ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2008
brownbonno:

You don borrow pin-hole camera take diagnose the case abi ?

Not really, I used a digital cam, binoculars and hand lens!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2008
I am going to submit my uk student visa application in a few days and i need some help regarding some questions in the student visa form:
My course: BCS Diploma in IT from London City College of IT and Management

1: why have you chosen this institution? <how should I answer this?>

2:how did you find out about it?
My answer: through the internet.

3:why did you select this course?
My answer:iam intrested in digital logic desighning,dld, which is a common field of physics and IT,and this course will give me the basic knowledge regarding this subject and gear me up for further studies.

4:Why do you think this course will be of benefit to you? <how should I answer this>

5:when this course is finished do you plan to undertake another course in the uk?
<I do plan to take a further course from the same college when i finish my diploma,should I mention it or should I write that I will return after this diploma?

please reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2008
@n0mi_89

you have answered correctly with the ones u did--"i think"
1. why you have chosen the institution?
I think you should go the website of the institution, browse thru their site and see if you can spot the achievements the school possess, and then coin something out from their achievements. You have to be very adept in writing that cos the ECO might say you lack proper knowledge of the institution you have sought.

You can as well compare the tuition of ur skul with that of similar institution that offer similar course and then include that
you skul appear cheaper so you chose the skul.

2. Why do you think this course will be of benefit to you?

You can tell that "with the recent prospects in IT based technology you wish to add value to that of your country's while enhancing your career in that direction yet further"
or
You have become particularly interested in an IT based course and you wish to up date your self and thus enhance your career prospects in that direction

3 when this course is finished do you plan to undertake another course in the uk?

Well i don't really know much about this, but i suggest you say "not at all" i.e N/A

i cant tell if i am perfect but you still can augment in what i have written so far and write yours.

NB: YOUR DICTION COUNTS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2008
@yettidear

nothing so far but hope still dey. Even if hope no dey its not they end of the world.

Wat of your own runs? any green lite yet?

I just went thru some post 2dy where some applicants had similar experience so i just got a bit consoled. There was a case i read that took up to 12weeks but mine is still 7weeks and, so make i mellow down jaree!
wetin sef. embassy or no embassy man go still make am
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2008
shawamma:

Shawamma,I'm feeling your frame of mind jo. But I know everything'll work out for you. Just be patient,and remember to wash it for me when it does come out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2008
@kadman,
I havnt 4gotten. Still waiting to hear 4rm my coz.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2008
@yettidear

nothing so far but hope still dey. Even if hope no dey its not they end of the world.

What of your own runs? any green lite yet?

I just went through some post 2dy where some applicants had similar experience so i just got a bit consoled. There was a case i read that took up to 12weeks but mine is still 7weeks and, so make i mellow down jaree!

@shawamma

i feel u jo, e no be do or die affair.Especially for someone like me with a good job here in Naija.Abi jare,if not for our graduates that are being considered as half-baked and in my place of work if u dont have a Masters(esp a foreign one),u will sweat to be on top if not angry.
Well Naija go better!!

But all the same let's hope for good news from the Visa guys.

Cheers wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2008
my real uncle is sponsering me, how should I answer this question so that it satisfies the visa officer:

1:Why is he sponsering you?

2:My course is BCS diploma in IT< duration 1 year>, I plan to get the PROFESSIONAL GRADUATE DIPLOMA from the same college after I finish my diploma, SO SHOULD I MENTION THIS IN THE VISA FORM OR I SHOULD WRITE THAT I WILL RETURN AFTER FINISHING MY COURSE{mentioned earlier}
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 8:50am On Aug 21, 2008
Hey guys, please what happens when you change jobs just some few weeks before submitting a visa application. Do u just add your old payslips and mention that you have just gotten a new job. Do u get a letter from your new employer that you have just been employed and also that they will be giving you a christmas break.

I am not too sure of this scenario.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2008
I think its better your new employer shoulder the responsibilities
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bomata: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2008
@shawamma@vikiviko. thanks she opt for what shawamma advise because we were told she can change that of e passport.

then also she wants to submit on monday because she's going to camp on tuesday and she's paying her school fees today and definitely there is no way she can get the receipt from the school before monday, can she include the form m she used at GTBANK in paying the schoolfees as evidence of school fees payment.

Also i sbmitted my application on monday and i just noticed they wrote call after 15 working days, is it not suppose to be 10 working days and how do i check the status of my application online?Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2008
@n0mi_89

Why is he sponsoring you?

you can tell that" having gone through your antecedents in academic excellence, he has the zeal to get you equipped- educational wise in a modern day university like uk to ensure your "continual vibrancy" in your career.

Guy, but you can as well ask your uncle why he is sponsoring you

@megastu

my man if possible include everything both old and new payslips
In my idea [i]if you cant convince them, you confuse them.

@bomata
visit the website www.ukvac-ng.com and click on track my passport then key in your applicatn ref. no and your date of birth.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bomata: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2008
bomata:

@shawamma@vikiviko. thanks she opt for what shawamma advise because we were told she can change that of e passport.

then also she wants to submit on monday because she's going to camp on tuesday and she's paying her school fees today and definitely there is no way she can get the receipt from the school before monday, can she include the form m she used at GTBANK in paying the schoolfees as evidence of school fees payment.

Also i sbmitted my application on monday and i just noticed they wrote call after 15 working days, is it not suppose to be 10 working days and how do i check the status of my application online?Thank you

@SHAWAMMA
i tried using the nos on the slip i was given and its saying invalid nos. which nos is application ref nos.

as regard my other question on evidence of school fees payment  can she include the form m
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2008
@bomata,
Ask your account officer in GTBank for the fax confirmation that they receive when a transfer has been successfully effected. JUst highlight your name, receivers details and any neccessary information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by uncover123: 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2008
Am new on board, I have just been refused visa into the UK, on the basis that the income on the tax clearance not aligning with the turnover on the bank statement submitted. please i need u guys opinion on this because i want to reapply immediate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yomex4ever: 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2008
i am submitting the electronic tax card. what do u think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
@House

A friend of mine also got admission to a sch in UK too.she just wants to pay her sch fees on Monday.but the sch starts by 29th of Sep. she would have to wait to get her unconditional letter,receipt etc after the payment,but looking at the timing and considering the fact that she has to apply for visa and all.

Is it advisable for her to till continue with the stuff or for her to defer till next year.

NB: she was given scholarship for part of her fees

Pls advice if u can.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2008
IncaGold:

@kadman,
I havnt 4gotten. Still waiting to hear from my because.

Thanks man,I thought you had forgotten,but I'm still waiting smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
I am going to apply for UK student visa hopefully on 3rd sep,08,with the following documents:

My college is london city college of IT and management.

Course: BCS diploma in IT {COURSE START DATE 22 sep.08}

sponsors bank statement is 40000 pounds.

Source of income: sponsor{maternal uncle} has a 20 % share in a factory.

I have his factory registration,Tax returns of the factory,Chartered Accountant reports{yearly audit],NTN certificate of the factory.

My father's bank statement with monthly income 70,000 pkr,{500 pounds} but no end balance. He works in a multinational pharmaceutical company.

MY father's passport with visit visas stamped from Dubai, Malaysia,Thailand,Sri lanka,

affidavit from sponsor on stamp paper, affidavit from sponsor on factory letter pad.

IELTS score of 7.5

Academic history: O Level:grades: 5 A s {phy,chemistry,math,add math, english}
A level:grades: A,C,C{maths,physics,chemistry}

ANY ADVICE?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2008
n0mi_89:

I am going to apply for UK student visa hopefully on 3rd sep,08,with the following documents:

My college is london city college of IT and management.

Course: BCS diploma in IT {COURSE START DATE 22 sep.08} . . .

I don't want to be a purveyor of doom. Check out this link and click on the two pdf files on the top right hand corner of the page. If you are still stumped, feel free to come back with whatever question you have. 

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2008/strictnewrules
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bomata: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2008
Busy_body:

I don't want to be a purveyor of doom. Check out this link and click on the two pdf files on the top right hand corner of the page. If you are still stumped, feel free to come back with whatever question you have.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2008/strictnewrules

busy body,i saw that too,they have not started using it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shah08: 2:53am On Aug 26, 2008
hi, im new here and i want to ask you something, i have a student visa in London for 2 years.is it possible to change change my student visa to 1 year instead of 2 years? if i will not finish for 2 years, will i become blacklist to their country? And also, my boyfriend is from US and he wants me to visit him while im studying, is is possible to apply a tourist visa while im in london studying?please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinioti: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2008
how long does it takes for the student visa?
i applied from pakistan on the 12th of august still haven't heard anything from the bhc yet, i sent them a email telling them if they could confirm me the time frame since my classes are going to start on the 8th of september and i could get extension letter.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2008
@londoncool

i have been indisposed all this while but kindly note that i sent to you an email in the address i got from your profile.

Kindly assist in your own little way if u can.

thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.