Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:15 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306705 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OY2: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2008
[color=#770077]my question is
that i would like to know if i can still apply for student visa now . my school is resuming on the 19th of september. i want to apply to lagos ikeja center do i need to book an appointment online or just go there early by 6am .pls any idea in the house?
[/color]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2008
hi house

i got email from embassy 2day and this is the content:

13 August 2008

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email dated 13 August 2008.

Please be informed that we are currently conducting checks/enquiries on this application.

Once all checks are completed and a decision is made, the docket would be returned to the courier point for collection.

Yours faithfully,

TA
Correspondence unit
Visa section

what do u think and what could be my chances

i submitted since 26 june

i need your words please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2008
If anyone wishes to ask questions, let him/her ask the questions that are meaningful, don't just ask questions because it is free to do so. Someone will soon ask how many pages are there in his own passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2008
Hello dear nairalanders, pls would it be too late to apply for a students visa at the BHC on tuesday nextweek, as presently am awaiting a letter from my school which is in post? Thank You very Much. God Bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2008
Sorry i forgot to add, my school starts on the 16th of September 2008.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2008
@london cool

yes my name is henry i would appreciate to ow if some other applications are treated that way & why?

i am freaking out on how you knew my name & about the school i applied for

pl what could be my chances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2008
@LondonCool,
Abeg no kill this guy (pls no offence meant!), you've just be giving him death in small doses! grin
I know the guy will be freaking out now, wondering how u got his details. I guess he gave himself out by posting his visa application ref.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2008
shawamma:

@london cool
. . .i am freaking out on how you knew my name & about the school i applied for
pl what could be my chances

Are you so naive, weren't you the one who posted your private information on this quote below?
shawamma:

@8ball

Thank you for your calming words and encouragement i appreciate

i sent to the embassy email yesterday an this is their reply to me just like what i thought

see below:

13 August 2008

LAG/*******
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email dated 13 August 2008.

Please be informed that we are currently conducting checks/enquiries on this application.

Once all checks are completed and a decision is made, the docket would be returned to the courier point for collection.

Yours faithfully,

TA
Correspondence unit
Visa section

i am a little bit relieved but still scared
  I can do you a favour, i will delete the reference number by request, but you might need to also modify your posts and take off any private information, it's up to you, though.
   You'll find it here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159239.0.html
                            Post #5
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Derby: 12:00am On Aug 14, 2008
hello every one.
DO i need to book an appiontment online b4 sumission of my uk student visa application? at lagos ikeja center? or i should just go there very early any day of my choice,

pls help me answer if u just applied. thnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by TonyTone1: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2008
My visa was stamped yesterday,I want the ouse to share from my expirience cos i also got consolation and words of encouragement from this forum while n my application was on.
I applied for a student visa in may 2007 msc, and i was denied ,but given the right to appeal,i was frustrated at that point i didnt even want to appeal but my lawyer took it upon himself and did all the filing in,the reasons given was that i ill not come back and they dont c my sponsors benefit from spending such a huge amount on me .i jst took a job and 4got about it.
the oyibo now called me in feb 2008 that my appeal has been granted &that i shld call at th office any time,i also got an email to that effect,but the school had resumed so i had to wait til sept 2008,around july this year i changed my mind on the skul i wntd to attend so i applied for another skul in Glasgow and i got the unconditional offer,i took this different unconditional offer letter ,bank statement & my passport (as advised in the email i got from bdhc)
to bdhc (eleke crescent)3 weeks ago and i was given a white paper to cme back this week to God b the Glory it was Stamped b4 i got there,Yeesterday!!!!!!!! cheesy MIRACLE !!!!!INDEED i got ONE,
I prayed 4 it and i got it despite the change in instituition,Its the lords Doiing.
so i wnt to encourage our bros them to pray and D lord shall harken to your Voices.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2008
@Vjustise
thanks man i modified the quote as you said i am new in the forum an just wanted to be sincere so that i could get all the help i need
thanks though

LondonCool:

I can only assume that they are trying to implement the new 5 Tier system whereby Universities must obtain Licenses to sponsor potential students.In that case checks are being done with the University.

Did you apply for Instrumental Analytical Sciences ?

@LondonCoo

i appreciate your help so far am grateful but how come you knew that it was referred to the home office?
can i get any link how i can check that pl
i am a novice in this abeg

again why is my application being verified? what of other prospective students don't they need verifications too?

5 tier system? could you throw more light on that or give me any website i can get more on that

i seriously need help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vanessara: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2008
@london cool,
why the silence on shawama`s case,we are all anxious to know the out come.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mekaboy(m): 2:17am On Aug 15, 2008
A Young mans Destiny is astake, please advice!

A young Nigerian guy, finished secondary school years back, could not afford the university, was sent to serve an uncle in business for 6 years, after the six years the uncle decides to settle him with cash as usual, the young boy says he wants to travel to london to school, instead of accepting the sum of 2million naira, which is (8,000pounds) . Now his secondary school friend who is studying in london from a wealthy family is telling him to come that he will make through school.

Now he finds a college in uk that offers a university degree, in the 3rd year, the fee is 3000pounds a year, now if he pays that and ticket, by the time he gets to london, he will have about 4000pounds left on him, this could take care of his accomodation for a while, some people advice him to go outside london, that london is quite expensive, some say he can get more employment opportunities in london.

some tell him to invest that money in business that he can never make it through school while working as a student, that students are allowed to work 20hrs a week and there is no way he can pay his fees and take care of his living from that.

Please your advice is highly needed. is the risking of traveling to uk with 4000 pounds as a student worth it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 7:39am On Aug 15, 2008
mekaboy:

A Young mans Destiny is astake, please advice!

A young Nigerian guy, finished secondary school years back, could not afford the university, was sent to serve an uncle in business for 6 years, after the six years the uncle decides to settle him with cash as usual, the young boy says he wants to travel to london to school, instead of accepting the sum of 2million naira, which is (8,000pounds) . Now his secondary school friend who is studying in london from a wealthy family is telling him to come that he will make through school.

Now he finds a college in uk that offers a university degree, in the 3rd year, the fee is 3000pounds a year, now if he pays that and ticket, by the time he gets to london, he will have about 4000pounds left on him, this could take care of his accomodation for a while, some people advice him to go outside london, that london is quite expensive, some say he can get more employment opportunities in london.

some tell him to invest that money in business that he can never make it through school while working as a student, that students are allowed to work 20hrs a week and there is no way he can pay his fees and take care of his living from that.

Please your advice is highly needed. is the risking of traveling to uk with 4000 pounds as a student worth it?

Whether in the UK, Nigeria or even in Rwanda, there's nothing compared to sound education, not even a multi-million Naira investment.
But you haven't started worrying about obtaining the visa, you're talking about survival in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by fyneboye(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2008
I just wonder why many Nigeria wants to travel abroad for education?if i'm in his shoes part of the mone will go into investment ,while the remaining will be used in my schooling here in Nigeria. shekina,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mekaboy(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2008
Well,

He believes he will get the visa since the man he served who is a millioniar is willing to sponsor him to get there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2008
fyneboye:

I just wonder why many Nigeria wants to travel abroad for education?if i'm in his shoes part of the mone will go into investment ,while the remaining will be used in my schooling here in Nigeria. shekina,
the above comments reminds me of a guy who swore not to drink Star beer or Guiness Stout because they are bitter, then as a student the guy was always broke. I ran into the same guy a couple of years later in a bar guzzling Stout like no man's business, I quickly remind him of oath he made never to drink and he replied swiftly saying "My guy, na person when no get money, they say stout bitter!". grin

Thank God you're not in his shoes, different people, different perspective to everything and that includes the choice of where you want to school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peter2010(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2008
Please I want to know if someone that has work permit can study in uk or can switch to uk student visa. If yes outline the process please.

Please I need your urgent reply on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2008
@LondonCool

i no c ur reply o!

i appreciate your help so far am grateful but :"how come you knew that it was referred to the home office"?
can i get any link how i can check that please
i am a novice in this abeg

again why is my application being verified? what of other prospective students don't they need verifications too?

5 tier system? could you throw more light on that or give me any website i can get more on that

i seriously need help

biKo, ejoo, please, abeg

@IncaGold, @vvvjustice

my men i dey grateful for all ur contributions

but with the ref numbers quoted in the email i got from the embassy, which i have modified though, how does that sell me out as you guys said, because i dint Know those numbers are confidential

could you tell me where i can use the numbers

"something wey person no sabi senior am"

abeg!

u can give me the info thru my email henry24all@yahoo.com

thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2008
Are you so naive, weren't you the one who posted your private information on this quote below?

I can do you a favour, i will delete the quote by request, but you might need to also modify your posts and take off any private information, it's up to you, though.[quote][/quote]

@vvvjustice

I need you to assist me to delete my application ref no; it was mistakenly quoted
please do me the favour as you said
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2008
shawamma:

@vvvjustice

I need you to assist me to delete my application ref no; it was mistakenly quoted
please do me the favour as you said
DONE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2008
@vvvjustice

thx

but how can i make use of that ref no to access my info just lie londoncool did
then, what of other places it was quoted cant something be done

send the details to my email henry24all@yahoocom if u sabi

thx 4 all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2008
shawamma:

@vvvjustice

thx

but how can i make use of that ref no to access my info just lie londoncool did
then, what of other places it was quoted can't something be done

send the details to my email henry24all@yahoocom if u sabi

thx 4 all
   Track it here:
https://www.vfsglobal.org/ApplicantStatus.aspx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peter2010(m): 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2008
Please I want to know if someone that has work permit can study in uk or can switch to uk student visa. If yes outline the process please.

Please I need your urgent reply on this

This is my second time of posting dis plz, someone should help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2008
shawamma,

Do you need a crystal ball to tell you what is happening?
Relax and enjoy the WAIT period.
If i may ask,you are a male and your profile says FEMALE.Hope no scam here,even in your application.

Londoncool,
Thx for the privileged information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2008
londoncool,

How did u know about francisca lord? she is my mum's sisiter. Mail me at mibisnow@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2008
london cool,

Not at all. I understand
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 4:44am On Aug 17, 2008
@shawama,
the ref number just like any other ref number contains details of your application (every damn thing) e.g. if you call the embassy to make your enquiry faster they'll ask for your ref number (if you have) and even when your visa is approved, that same number will be on the top right corner of the entry clearance.

I suspect LondonCool is an insider (maybe he works there), my gut feeling tells me that. those kinda info don't drop out of thin air.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.