Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306444 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2008
@Londoncool!

Well done! wink wink wink wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by walexy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2008
Hi good people of nairaland,

I need your support on this little challenge.
I applied for a 6 months renewal of my tourist visa but got 2 years extension from the BHC.
I was not informed to pay d variance between the application fees of 6 months and 2 years.
Hope this action won't generate any issue for me in the future if another renewal is sought.

Secondly, i intend travelling with my wife and kid of a year old now. Here my questions;

*What documents do i need to present on their behalf for the application?
*Do i still need to include my own documents as well?
*Do i need to fill a seperate form for my child?

Kindly guide me through the technicalities involved in the filling of the forms and the documents involved.

thanking you in anticipation of your usual unflinching support and cooperation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 7:18am On Aug 18, 2008
walexy:

I applied for a 6 months renewal of my tourist visa but got 2 years extension from the BHC.
I was not informed to pay d variance between the application fees of 6 months and 2 years.
Hope this action won't generate any issue for me in the future if another renewal is sought.

Secondly, i intend travelling with my wife and kid of a year old now. Here my questions;

Kindly guide me through the technicalities involved in the filling of the forms and the documents involved.

thanking you in anticipation of your usual unflinching support and cooperation.
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/FAQ.aspx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2008

thanking you in anticipation of your usual unflinching support and cooperation.[quote][/quote]

I don't understand how the BHC does its things. In thesame manner too, I applied for 2-yr renewal and was given 1yr. no explanations, nothing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OY2: 10:40am On Aug 18, 2008
I think u wold nid 2 cal them n ask y.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2008
I tried to contact them to no avail. I was even told that they've tightened their system so it gets harder for people to obtain visas. It still don't make sense to me and even when I asked a staff of VFS she said they've just been reshuffling a lot of things and it might just be one of those things. I sent them an email already so I'm kinda waiting for the reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vanessara: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
@London cool,funky,vor,pataki,
please i need advice,i was given visa in 2005 and i travelled and came back.it was actually a family visa but one of my siblings didnt come back because i already had a brother who went there to school.i reapplied in 2006 and i was called for interview to the embassy with my absconded sib but because he is over there,he cldnt make apearance and i had to say he was writing exam in the university.
to surmarise the story,i wasnt given.i didnt appeal.
My questions:
i didnt appeal what are the consequence(s)?what are my chances

i want to apply for stuent visa,please how to i go about it?what is the minimum i must have in the account that i will take to the embassy?
thanks sad sad sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2008
vanessa_ra:

please i need advice,i was given visa in 2005 and i travelled and came back.it was actually a family visa but one of my siblings didnt come back because i already had a brother who went there to school.i reapplied in 2006 and i was called for interview to the embassy with my absconded sib but because he is over there,he cldnt make apearance and i had to say he was writing exam in the university.
My questions:

i want to apply for stuent visa,please how to i go about it?what is the minimum i must have in the account that i will take to the embassy?
thanks sad sad sad

Breaching the terms of the EC is an offence and illegal.Your sibling absconding is a deception and advicing you here when you know you/family have already screwed the system is a shame.That is why Nigerians are not always trusted in the international scene,and spoil other people chances.
Why do you think the ECO will believe that you will be coming back to Nigeria after your studies ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2008
help pls am ready to go and submit my working holiday maker visa any moment fromnow all my documents are ready but i issue is bordering me. in the whole form their is no place they ask for any letter of invitation or i should write where i will stay.but i met someone whom says i need to get a Uk host before i can get the visa. is this correct cos even in the checklist at the back of the form their is no place that they asked for any UK host documents.this is why i choosed the visa cos my friend in london do not want ot give me any invitation letter.he is conservative. i need advice from people who are on working holiday maker visa or who know much about the visa. lest i forget can i use a mortgage bank statement. i bank with a mortgage bank.what is the minimum money that need to be inside my account for this type of visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2008
help pls am ready to go and submit my working holiday maker visa any moment fromnow all my documents are ready but i issue is bordering me. in the whole form their is no place they ask for any letter of invitation or i should write where i will stay.but i met someone whom says i need to get a Uk host before i can get the visa. is this correct cos even in the checklist at the back of the form their is no place that they asked for any UK host documents.this is why i choosed the visa cos my friend in london do not want ot give me any invitation letter.he is conservative. i need advice from people who are on working holiday maker visa or who know much about the visa. lest i forget can i use a mortgage bank statement. i bank with a mortgage bank.what is the minimum money that need to be inside my account for this type of visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Oyewolejos

Its not compulsory to show invitation letter, would have been better if you have 1.

Its a 2 year duration visa
you are eligible to apply for a UK working holiday visa if you are a citizen of a Commonwealth country and are aged between 17 and 30 years inclusively.

You must be single, or married to someone also eligible for a working holiday visa and plan to take a working holiday with you,
You must not have dependent children aged five or over during your stay in the UK,
You must show proof of sufficient funds in your bank account. UK Immigration does not specify how much 'sufficient funds' are. However, the idea is to show that you won't get into financial trouble and rely on public funds to support you. You can do this best by having approximately 2500 GBP (AUS$6000) and a return ticket. If you only have a one-way ticket, you will need to have more funds in your bank account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yomex4ever: 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2008
i have been refused visa 4 a country. what are my chances of getting a uk student visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2008
yomex4ever:

i have been refused visa 4 a country. what are my chances of getting a uk student visa?

What country ? Anyway,this does not affect your chances,just tell the truth in the visa form,and try and sound reasonable for the reasons you were refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 7:03am On Aug 19, 2008
brownbonno:

Why do you think the ECO will believe that you will be coming back to Nigeria after your studies ?
The ECO does not have to believe you would be returning to Nigeria after your studies, as there are laws within the UK immigration permitting a student to stay after the completion of his/her studies.

vanessa_ra:

My questions:

thanks sad sad sad
Your story does not fully add-up to me though.

a. What kind of visa did your brother apply for? If it was visiting, how was be able to switch to a student visa in the UK?

b. How does your application for a visit renewal infer that you and your brother should be present for an interview at the British consulate?

c. Being refused a Visa to enter any intended country is not a CRIME. That you did not appeal against the decision of your refusal is not a CRIME. You did not overstay your duration in the UK, even though your last application resulted in a refusal, it still does not stop you from applying for whatever category of visa if you appropriately meet the requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vanessara: 9:59am On Aug 19, 2008
@pataki,
thank for the response and not castigating me like ST BROWNBONNO.
i was given a family visit for 6 months with my dad and mum and my younger brother,prior to that we had an elder brother who was on student visa which we mistakenly didnt reveal to the eco,anyway,i came back with my folks but my younger brother stayed back with my elder brother with his visiting.
i can back and we all decided to renew our visas with the exception of my elder brother,we were all called for an interview but my younger brother didnt show up because he obviously stayed back and we didnt want them to know.
the officer that interviewd us didnt give us.
i want to apply for a student visa now.i dont want to change my passport or declare it missing.i came back so that things can be rightly done. sad sad sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2008
Pataki:

The ECO does not have to believe you would be returning to Nigeria after your studies, as there are laws within the UK immigration permitting a student to stay after the completion of his/her studies.

Para 57(iv)-(vii) of the immigration rules is very explicit and i quote

"(vi) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of his studies; and

(vii) does not intend to engage in business or to take employment, except part-time or vacation work undertaken with the consent of the Secretary of State;"

vanessa_ra:

I am not a saint,only telling you what you/family have done and bring more skepticism on other applicants.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
@Vanessa_ra,
I like the the appelation you gave brownbonno, Saint Brownbonno indeed!
He without SIN should cast the first stone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2008
vanessa_ra:

@pataki,
i was given a family visit for 6 months with my dad and mum and my younger brother,prior to that we had an elder brother who was on student visa which we mistakenly didnt reveal to the eco,anyway,i came back with my folks but my younger brother stayed back with my elder brother with his visiting.
i can back and we all decided to renew our visas with the exception of my elder brother,we were all called for an interview but my younger brother didnt show up because he obviously stayed back and we didnt want them to know.
the officer that interviewd us didnt give us.
i want to apply for a student visa now.i don't want to change my passport or declare it missing.i came back so that things can be rightly done. sad sad sad

Hahaha @ Madam vanessa's signature grin

IncaGold:

@Vanessa_ra,
I like the the appelation you gave brownbonno, Saint Brownbonno indeed!
He without SIN should cast the first stone

True. He without sin should cast the first stone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bomata: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2008
hello,
please want to find out about this: my sisters friend has different D.O.B on her e-passport and her waec result,though av told her not to apply with them unless changes has been made, even just yesterday someone was telling me that her friend passport has been seized,she said her friend had applied to uk before with the old passport and he now applied again with the e-passport with different D.O.B from the old passport he used before and when he was making this recent application (3 wks ago) he also lied that he had not applied before.so when he went to pick his application his passport was not returned and it was stated that there is a case of forgery referring to his passport D.O.B.

so please advise,my sisters friend has gone to waec in other to correct her D.O.B but she was told she will be given a cover letter that it was a mistake and the correction will be made but it will take like 6mths- can she go ahead and apply with that letter.thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2008
@bomata

i have a friend who has that same issue just exactly with what you described.
All what he did was to swear an affidavit of declaration of age at the high court.
All what you have to do is to proceed to a court and ask them for an affidavit in that regard they will issue you with one and you can now apply for ur visa with that.

the friend i talked about got a visa with that so try it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2008
@londoncool, funkybaby

i wish to know if some entry clearance are issued in UK.

I value ur advise and have been going thru ur posts, so far it has been nice!

i feel u might have an idea to my query
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2008
@londoncool

thanks

but how far for my stuff now u never check am again
try help me check i don tire to wait abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2008
@bomata

The e passport can be changed to the d o b on the waec certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 12:34am On Aug 20, 2008
@shawamma

How far with the whole visa stuff.my heart goes out to you,this waiting thing aint easy.But it is well.

@ Londoncool

Pls try to fill him in all the reasons for the delay.

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 2:44am On Aug 20, 2008
@ Vanessa

brownbonno:

Breaching the terms of the EC is an offence and illegal.Your sibling absconding is a deception and advicing you here when you know you/family have already screwed the system is a shame.That is why Nigerians are not always trusted in the international scene,and spoil other people chances.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, THIS AIN'T NO CASTIGATING, THIS IS THE COLD SOLID FACT. That is why oyinbo people talk say "truth is bitter".

brownbonno:

As long as you asked the question, "what are my chances?" THIS LINE OF QUESTIONING IS LOGICAL, in the sense that before you can apply for a student visa for yourself, you have to address and deal with the fact that;

You submitted a family application in 2005 and omitted to tell them about your elder brother.

Your younger brother breached/and is still breaching the terms of his visitor's visa by overstaying.

You compounded the issue by lying that your younger brother could not be present because he was sitting his exams.

THIS IS THE REASON Brownbonno asked the question. If you cannot answer this questions to yourself convincingly, then hmmn . . .Students are no longer allowed a right to appeal from July 2008 onwards, you can only request for an administrative review from the UK Border Agency, so you need to be armed and fully prepared.

If you go ahead to apply for the student visa; Do not change your passport or declare it missing, unless you want to study under a different name, because you have to give your fingerprint which is unique to only you.

N:B

You no longer have to prove that you would return after your studies, only if you are on a degree course.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 2:54am On Aug 20, 2008
When you said "we all decided to renew our visas with the exception of my elder brother. . ." , are you saying that your elder brother's student visa too is expired? shocked shocked shocked

Please refrain from being ambiguous in your posting if you really need people to shed light on your situation. You were asked to clarify, yet you still came up with the same information albeit in a different format. wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 3:46am On Aug 20, 2008
@busy_bee,
my sista, make u take am easy with vanessa. People make mistake, i dont think there's any need castigating people. I bet over 40% of people applying for visa dont wanna come back. I remember my first visit to america, almost didnt wanna leave, but i changed my mind for some other reasons.
I dont think we can solve immigration problems and starting to be all righteous beginning with vanessa. Make we just give our own little advice and move on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 4:25am On Aug 20, 2008
IncaGold:

@busy_bee,
my sista, make u take am easy with vanessa. People make mistake, i don't think there's any need castigating people. I bet over 40% of people applying for visa don't want to come back. I remember my first visit to america, almost didnt want to leave, but i changed my mind for some other reasons.
I don't think we can solve immigration problems and starting to be all righteous beginning with vanessa. Make we just give our own little advice and move on.

Ika[/i]gold, how body?  cheesy

Brownbonno did not castigate Vanessa, and neither has he acted in a self-righteous manner at all. angry She asked the question "what are my chances?" and he answered with due diligence shikena.

How is mollycoddling her or beating about the bush going to resolve her issue? She needs to address the issue on the ground before leaping to make another application because the right to appeal has been removed. That is why I said she needs to be less vague with her posting.

She needs to state the reason she was refused the renewal, and if it was to do with her returning after her studies, then obviously it is because of her siblings' misdemeanour so she needs to drag her brother's arse back to Nigeria, otherwise she might be refused the visa again or delayed severely.

If you post a problem such as "[i]my girlfriend slept with my best friend
" some posters would advice you to forgive her, whilst others would tell you to dump the trash, . . . Everyone is entitled to give an honest/dishonest opinion on a public forum, . . .There is still plenty of whitespace left for those who want to advice her that her chances of getting a student visa is 100% . . .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2008
Busy_body:

Ika[/i]gold, how body?  cheesy

Brownbonno did not castigate Vanessa, and neither has he acted in a sanctimonuos and self-righteous manner at all. angry She asked the question "what are my chances?" and he answered with due diligence shikena.

How is mollycoddling her or beating about the bush going to resolve her issue? She needs to address the issue on the ground before leaping to make another application because the right to appeal has been removed. That is why I said she needs to be less vague with her posting.

She needs to state the reason she was refused the renewal, and if it was to do with her returning after her studies, then obviously it is because of her siblings' misdemeanour so she needs to drag her brother's arse back to Nigeria, otherwise she might be refused the visa again or delayed severely.

If you post a problem such as "[i]my girlfriend slept with my best friend
" some posters would advice you to forgive her, whilst others would tell you to dump the trash, . . . Everyone is entitled to give an honest/dishonest opinion on a public forum, . . .There is still plenty of whitespace left for those who want to advice her that her chances of getting a student visa is 100% . . .

Thanks for telling them the truth.I decided to ignore  the accusation of castigating.Pity people who still believe in living in[b] falsehold[/b].

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.