Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305828 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2008
presjany:

@ shawarrma

Thanks dear for the encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless You! How are You preparing for the Oct 1st bash!
and hope You re adapting!

@ yettiluv

Worry lessssssssssssssssss! Shebi I don tell You! grin Me I no dey worry ooh! See, Our God is the owner of silver and Gold, and He gives His choicest blessings to His sons and daughters! And because we re His daughters; We re heading to the top! [b]Even if things don't work out the way we want it, IT IS still for good! Just beleive that He will definitely direct us through the right part grin grin[/b]Meanwhile, as we dey wait for the ECOs, make You na follow me jolificate because I just got promoted in my work place!!!!!! grin grin And am so happy!

Baby girl,congrats oo!!!if i was the one that got promoted at work, ehn? i wouldnt even bother to worry abt any ECOs too. grin cheesy

Congrats once again!send my own piece of the cake oo! wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
Yettidear

lololol! How U take know say I dey think the thing seriously! But anyhow I'll still go because my course is specifically for career progression. So when am thru, I will definitely negotiate for a much higher position grin

As for the cake! I go bring am along to our destination! abi? lol. take care dear, all is welll!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Stealthy(m): 8:54am On Sep 25, 2008
Good day all. This is an intersting forum, with lots of good comments.

Pls help with this issue: I submitted by application for Uk visa renewal in July. After 3 wks, I was called to retake the biometrics at the VFS (Ikeja). I spent 40k flying to/from Lag to retake the biometrics. 3 wks later, I was called again to retake biometrics (was told it was a technical problem on the BDHC's part & not a problem with my application per se), I spent money travelling to Lag again for this. Now, 2 wks later, I still don't have my visa.

I've had to reschedule my trip, with the airline charging me for ticket change (I bought the ticket b4 my old visa expired, but had to cancel the earlier trip as other things came up).

This is very frustrating and annoying, more so because I gave ample time for the application (submitted since early July even though my trip was planned for end Sept).

I've called the BDHC like 100 times, but the phone nos never go thro: apparently they've been unhooked deliberately. I've sent several emails to them, but they never respond to the mails.

Can someone pls help?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2008
are u a Nigerian becos Ur location is bagdad,if u are a Nigerian u better vissit them at vfs to register u complain or abi them dey look for u passport they take style delay you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Stealthy(m): 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2008
realcool:

are You a Nigerian because Ur location is bagdad,if You are a Nigerian You better vissit them at vfs to register You complain or abi them dey look for You passport they take style delay you
The guys at vfs dont seem to have a clue. They say they passed the application to BDHC and have no influence over how long those guys take to do these things.

I saw my passport at the vfs each time I went to retake my biometrics, so its unlikely it's lost.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2008
'
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ Londoncool

Oga Sir! Thanks too 4 being our eyes in there! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Immense Thanks smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jayboykodi: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2008
hello everyone here, please i need the gurus for help with this.

i studied comp science as first degree. and am going for my mba.

please in your own opinion what would be the reason for chosing the course since is not in line with the first degree.

secondly. am unemployed just finishd my nysc. what can i show as prof that ill be back in my country.
please i would be so grate full if u guys can help with this
pllllllssssssssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Stealthy(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2008
jayboykodi:

please in your own opinion what would be the reason for chosing the course since is not in line with the first degree.

secondly. am unemployed just finishd my nysc. what can i show as prof that ill be back in my country.
please i would be so grate full if u guys can help with this
pllllllssssssssss

Well, MBA ahouldn't be so questionable. A good no of pple getting mbas didnt study Business Administration. Anyhow, tell them stuff like: u'll like to improve ur management skills; u plan to run ur own biz & u need to learn mgmt skills, etc. I dont expect u to have a hard time justifying an MBA. If u wanted to study public health or smthn, I would expect them to raise eyebrows.

Close family ties in naija (siblings, parents, etc) should prove that u'll return. Still, for masters, I dont think they'll be to hard on this. The key thing is that u or ur sponsor has enough proof of available funds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ibitoyesofola(m): 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2008
Just think right b4 its too late
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jayboykodi: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2008

please in your own opinion what would be the reason for chosing the course since its not in line with the first degree.

and also can i use photocopies of my sponsors c of o.

please in the colum that says how much are u going with , what do they mean?

please i would be so gratefull if u guys can help with this
pllllllssssssssss honest answers plssssssssssssssssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2008
londoncool i want to know,if u having a long team visa effect your apllication if u wan to apply for a student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2008
@jayboykodi

Why you intend studying a particular course is best known to you, the Masters in Business Administration is the premier, and most popular, business qualification

The MBA is essentially a generalist qualification designed to widen the horizons of business professionals. It takes into account all the major functions and practices of a business, including:

Production and marketing of goods and services
Finance procedures
The economic and legal environment and the social framework
Accounting, quantitative methods and management information systems
Human resource development at both the personal and collective level

The MBA opens doors and provides the modern manager with the tools needed to identify new business opportunities and threats.

You can use photocopies of your sponsor's Certificate of Occupancy.
Your sponsor's financial status will be an advantage to waive your unemployment status.
His bank statements and other investment documents must be proven to be a source or origin of his funds,
Also the family ties between you and the sponsor should clearly defined.

Best Wishes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2008
hi guys, i'D like ur advice on this(i feel kind of silly for posting this as its kind of trivial)
i travelled to the UK for the 1st time in 2004 (i was in year 2 then) i haven't travelled since then and i want to travel this year, thing is am graduating in like a months time my passport has expired so i have to get a new one since i would basically be an unemployed graduate do you guys think i have a chance of getting the visa. when i travelled the visa was arranged by travel people in my fathers office (NNPC but he has retired now) so all i was asked is how long i intended to stay in the UK and what year i was. i have a british birth cert.(i'm male 23) i want to know what the chances of me getting a visa are because i was thinking of travelling before NYSC but i don't want to get rejected and then have it spoil my chances of getting a visa for my M.SC a year from now

p.s. my sis is going for her LL.M in a few days time could it affect things?
it might sound silly but i've been following this thread for over a year even though i had absolutely no plans for travel of any sort!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Agielove: 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2008
Hi all, please i need help, i have just been refused a student visa because the ECO said he obeserved that i applied for visitors visa less than 9 months ago and was refused, he also added he is not sure that i am the director of a company because the memorandum was photocopied. That is what coporate affairs give out nowadays but it was  stamped, signed and certified it as true copy) The most annoying part of it is that he said he doesnt see the advantage i stand to gain from the course i want to study, can you imagine?

Please i want to write to the British embassy to clarify this, i need a very good lawyer who has a knowledge of such a predicatment to help me. Please post your response or mail me on agielovenell@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2008
londoncool,let say i have a 5 year visa and i have never spend a month in London, i have travel to London like 8x and i own my own company and i want to school to increase my company potentials and i intend to apply next year for a student visa.i dnt want ant tin to effect my visa application in feature becos i intend to have 10year lol.guy am in a fix and really want to know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2008
OK friends Wat should i do.i should apply or what i want to know that is why i ask you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by krisbobo(m): 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2008
@All
Londoncool, Vicjustice and everyone else:
My heartfelt gratitude to you all. I have never posted a question here nor have I needed a piece of advice but I constantly pass by and I am always amazed at the sense of dedication and purpose with which you guys treat issues.

I do not see what material gain accrues to you for all your effort, yet you cosistently give a helping hand.

May the God of your hearts and understanding reward you all accordingly and my it please the almighty to bless you all accordingly.

I have sure you humbly feel that what you do is no big deal; the emotions that people express when they issues are resolved is a testement to the importance of what you guys are doing.

As our nation celebrates her 48th birthday in a few hours, please no that in your own little way you her contributing to its greatness.

Whwn people talk about all that is bad about Nigeria and its people, I smile knowing that with people like you there's hope yet.

Thanks and have a great day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chemEngr: 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2008
Who can help me with HSMP Filing and Visa Application.Am a Gradutae,but not yet a masters Holder.I work with a Big Hotel in Ondo State.Call me on 08034537436 or send me an email on sholawomoju2@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Desola(f): 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2008
please delete
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 9:02am On Oct 01, 2008
please where is Yettydear? Have U gotten any response to Ur application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Presjany

Baby girl,i dey oo shocked,these hols is really getting to me oo,three good days na wa oo.

Anyways no news yet (cos of the hols).I hope to storm the VAC tomorrow.Good or bad i will keep u posted.

What abt urs?any news??It is well oo shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2008
@ Yettydear

My dear oooooooh! the thing don tire me oh! My school resumed today. Well, I'll also go to the VAC tomorrow to ask how far/
It is well oooh my dear! smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2008
krisbobo:

@All
Londoncool, Vicjustice and everyone else:
My heartfelt gratitude to you all. I have never posted a question here nor have I needed a piece of advice but I constantly pass by and I am always amazed at the sense of dedication and purpose with which you guys treat issues.

I do not see what material gain accrues to you for all your effort, yet you cosistently give a helping hand.

May the God of your hearts and understanding reward you all accordingly and my it please the almighty to bless you all accordingly.

I have sure you humbly feel that what you do is no big deal; the emotions that people express when they issues are resolved is a testement to the importance of what you guys are doing.

As our nation celebrates her 48th birthday in a few hours, please no that in your own little way you her contributing to its greatness.

Whwn people talk about all that is bad about Nigeria and its people, I smile knowing that with people like you there's hope yet.

Thanks and have a great day.
I'm really short of word to see someone spending his precious time encouraging and showing appreciation on behalf of others; such behaviour makes one desire to do more.
Thank you, Krisbobo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2008
@londoncool,

My chair how body? hope u are chilling. Its really begining to get cold over here. The temp has gone to 8degrees. Am concerned about presjany n yettidear. I dont know if u hav reached dem privately in regard of their application.

Yettidear n Presjany do u attempt to write emails to the authorities? I feel u shud start to disturb them in ur regard thru emails n make them see reasons.
Try n cap it up with prayers cos thats ur only weapon. They ECOs are the "untouchables", u dont c them, u dont talk to them, but only perserverance n steadfast in what u do can go the extra mile to facilitate the release.
On a second thought you should be happy because 98.9999% of delayed applications come out successfull. Shawamma's Hypothesis n it will be a theory in your case. AMEN.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2008
would somebody please answer me now, abeg i asked for help here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=127964.msg2869195#msg2869195 and no one seems to have noticed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 3:38am On Oct 02, 2008
@ Shawaarma

Insert Quote
@londoncool,

My chair how body? hope u are chilling. Its really begining to get cold over here. The temp has gone to 8degrees. Am concerned about presjany n yettidear. I don't know if u hav reached them privately in regard of their application.

Guy, overfunny dey worry U oooh grin grin grin  E be like say U don forget say na patient dey find doctor!
don't worry, the sickness never dey too serious. Its still within a 15 working days sickness grin, if not, No be person go teach us the way to general Hospital grin grin

Yettidear n Presjany do u attempt to write emails to the authorities? I feel u should start to disturb them in ur regard through emails n make them see reasons.

Immense thanks too for ur concern dear! Am soooo grateful! Well, I called them on friday last week but was told it will be ready this week(after the holiday). But am aware that they worked during the muslim hols. So ours should be out today or tomorrow grin grin grin

why the temperature thing dey worry U, Oga? U no wan look frrrrrrrrrresh? grin grin Ndo nwanne m!

@ The best

don't worry, Just do as U were told. And remember that they ve given U a right to appeal. So make sure U use it well.

@ Netotse

I advice U paste it again here instead of referring to it through links. don't worry, Our gurus no dey sleep, so they will give U the right dose of panadol for that headache grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 8:59am On Oct 02, 2008
realcool:

londoncool,let say i have a 5 year visa and i have never spend a month in London, i have travel to London like 8x and i own my own company and i want to school to increase my company potentials and i intend to apply next year for a student visa.i dnt want ant tin to effect my visa application in feature because i intend to have 10year lol.guy am in a fix and really want to know.

please London cool and vvv justice please i need help on the question i need to study and London cool said sometin please i need to know what to do so i will be granted the study visa.please help me with straight answer on what to do please

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.