Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306372 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ella1: 6:52am On Nov 20, 2009
Can one use both fixed deposit statement of account and that of Savings?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2009
ella1:

Can one use both fixed deposit statement of account and that of Savings?
Dont fixed mean fixed for a specific period of time? the primary aim of this 28 days thingy I think is to show you have anough funds available to take with you, what good woud a fix deposit account do? if your acount is fixed to end December 2011, what good is it to be use in an application for June2011?you simply cant acces it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 4shizzle(f): 11:17am On Nov 20, 2009
Great job u all are doing in here. I want to know what are the chances of geting a visa as a jobless young fresh graduate going on visitation with a virgin passport. Will an invitation letter from a student in the UK be considered and can your trip be sponsored by someone who isnt your family. Thank you for your anticipated respose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:38am On Nov 20, 2009
4shizzle:

Great job u all are doing in here. I want to know what are the chances of geting a visa as a jobless young fresh graduate going on visitation with a virgin passport. Will an invitation letter from a student in the UK be considered and can your trip be sponsored by someone who isnt your family. Thank you for your anticipated respose.

it will be a tough one, going for a visit as a fresh graduate without a job back home AND u are going to visit another student in the UK, it will take the grace of God for u to get a visa.

U have to prove to them that u will come back to Nigeria(Hard to prove as u got no job, not married, no strong tire) and the student u are visiting in the UK has to prove that he/her got enough money to look after u through out ur stay in the Uk. Its a tough one.

Many yrs ago i was refused USA visiting visa cos i just graduated from college then, no job etc, even as my elder brother presented good bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Sonye(f): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
please does anyone know where i can get the new tier 4 forms online. I am trying to apply for a student visa but i still don't understand the difference btw all the visa application forms. I saw this one called VAF9. is that the one i need to print out and fill?
please does anyone know?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
4shizzle:

What you need to do is take a trip to the west coast of Africa for three days only. I suggest going by road with ABC Transport to Ghana, your passport will be stamped 12 times as follows

Day 1
Seme - Exit from Nigeria
Seme - Entry into Benin
Hilakonji - Exit from Benin
Hilakonji - Entry into Togo
Aflao - Exit from Togo
Aflao - Entry into Ghana

Spend the next day in Ghana and return the following day

Day 3
Aflao - Exit from Ghana
Aflao - Entry into Togo
Hilakonji - Exit from Togo
Hilakonji - Entry into Benin
Seme - Exit from Benin
Seme - Entry into Nigeria

This will take care of the issue of your virgin passport as you have proven that you have both travelled out of and returned to Nigeria previously.

Nevertheless, I don't reccommend you stating that you are going to visit a student. . .like 4shizzle said, it will take the grace of God to pull that one through.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2009
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2009
As any1 learnt the latest about UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
iz2much:

As any1 learnt the latest about UK
whats up man, how are you,nothing new with the Uk my Brov, same old stuff
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
Sonye:

please does anyone know where i can get the new tier 4 forms online. I am trying to apply for a student visa but i still don't understand the difference btw all the visa application forms. I saw this one called VAF9. is that the one i need to print out and fill?
please does anyone know?
check on my other post, I paste some website on here, I think the last website would give you what you need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2009
erico2k2:

whats up man, how are you,nothing new with the Uk my Brov, same old stuff

About the Age bracket stuff check Travel Forum you will see it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Sonye(f): 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2009
justwise:

@Sonye

Check this website
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs

thanks a lot.i guess that is vaf 9?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miz4oxley(m): 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2009
@ell77
@funkybaby
@justwise
@cvibe

I will like you to read this carefully, Last year I applied for a student visa and was refused due to soem reasons reasons and I was given the right to appeal, i appealed and I won the appeal, It was allowed september and the embassy called me to come with my sponsors, Updated account statement and my visa letter from my school. I submitted this and was told to come back afetr 1 week i went and the visa was refused on the note that they called my sponsor and he said he knows nobody of such(me) and I was given another right of appeal which i did, But to my surprise i got their mail by post that they got my letter late and the case is dismissed. My first application was packaged by an agent who provided the statement and other documents except my visa letter, he used some one elses account to pose as an uncle,So now I will like to make another application but will like to know is there no problem as this is a new genuine sponsor who is my uncle but not same surname, and i'm using his account for the application with legal backups to show he really want to sponsor me. And I hope there can be any ban issue.2) I am not making any school fee payment to the school and can i fill that on the maintenance space of the application and i hope it has nothing to do to my marks? Please help cos in my 1st application they did not talk about school fee as I told my school i will be paying on arrival. Please help me, I want to make a new application with new genuine sponsor. How can I overcome the maintenance 10point as I will be paying on arrival what do you think, all the reasons stated in my first application before tier 4 was never about payment or fees and I never made any payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by simplychic(f): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2009
Can somebody tell me how the next election will affect the immigrants cos i
watched the BNP campaign,
Those guys are racist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2009
simplychic:

Those guys are racist

It depends on who wins, but lets hope that is not BNP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chonko: 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2009
Hello guys, pls i need ur urgent advice. i recently got an offer in university of east london for my Msc study. my question after paying my 50% school fees can i get, can i use an account statemnt that has money that covers mentenence fees and the remanining scholl fees bals of an uncle who is currently a local government charman or a someone in Us that promised me with his statement of account, which one will do pls help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slim101(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2009
@@Sonye

it's vaf8 and not vaf9 except you are a child student o. General student should print out vaf 8.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chonko: 8:18am On Nov 25, 2009
There was a mistake on my original waec result, my date of birth was 04-12-83 they mistakenly put 17-05-83. house wat do i need to do, hope its not going to affect my uk student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2009
@funkybaby
@ahonohai
about the mentenance fees i hope the clearance officer will not question how i come about the money, since i haven't started working. pls i need u guys to put me tru on details so i will not make mistakes on this student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ justwise
pls kindly advise me on the new point based system. am sure u just got ur student visa recently. am planning to put my mentenance fees+my school fees balance into my personal account for 28 days, i hope it wont be questionable by the clearance officer about how i come about such huge amount in my account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
@keneyinks

How did you know Justwise just got his student visa? Lol. Having the money in your account for 28 days is advisable. Both the maintenance fees and your school fees will calculated together before they score you 10 points. So, it is better to have the whole money needed in your account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2009
flekan:

@keneyinks

How did you know Justwise just got his student visa? Lol. Having the money in your account for 28 days is advisable. Both the maintenance fees and your school fees will calculated together before they score you 10 points. So, it is better to have the whole money needed in your account

grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:44am On Nov 26, 2009
keneyinks:

@ justwise
pls kindly advise me on the new point based system. am sure u just got your student visa recently. am planning to put my mentenance fees+my school fees balance into my personal account for 28 days, i hope it wont be questionable by the clearance officer about how i come about such huge amount in my account.

Yes its good idea to put both fees and maintenance money in one account untouched for 28days.

Back it up with sponsor's letter since u don't work and can't afford that.

Please read funkybaby's post, she made very good points there. Point base system is clear, if u read the rules and follow it then u will be ok.
I wish u all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2009
@ justwise
@funkybaby
@ell77
thanks for the reply, so who do i need to get the sponsor letter from, and its ok for me if my mentenance fees+school fees balance as started counting to 28 days before i recieve my visa letter from my school. meaning that i receive my visa letter 5 days before the end of 28 working days,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2009
keneyinks:

@ justwise
@funkybaby
@ell77
thanks for the reply, so who do i need to get the sponsor letter from, and its ok for me if my mentenance fees+school fees balance as started counting to 28 days before i recieve my visa letter from my school. meaning that i receive my visa letter 5 days before the end of 28 working days,

28 days begins to count prior to the date you submit your application at the embassy. so assuming, you are submitting your application on monday next week, the money must have been in your account for 28days before next week monday.

what do you mean by sponsorship letter? you can get the letter from your parents. either your mum or your dad or both of them can sign the letter jointly. the money can either be in your account or in theirs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2009
keneyinks:

@funkybaby
@ahonohai
about the mentenance fees i hope the clearance officer will not question how i come about the money, since i haven't started working. pls i need u guys to put me tru on details so i will not make mistakes on this student visa.

all you have to do is get a well -written letter from your mum or your dad. the letter should state that they are your sponsors and they are bearing full financial responsibilty for your studies and in line with the new rules, they have deposited the school fees and mainteanace funds in your their son's personal account.

you can also attach photocpies of their work ID card. . . . . or something to show what they do/where they work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Sauron1: 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2009
simplychic:

Those guys are racist

BNP cannot win the General elections in the UK.
They are the most hated. . . . . .

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAgNWEzlA4w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 11:30pm On Nov 26, 2009
[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/4iKfrY9l2kY&feature=fvste3[/flash]

The party will never get in! angry angry angry angry angry
If worst comes to the worst, i go arrange boys for ballot boxes grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ella1: 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2009
Hello Everyone, Pls I wld like to know if its 28wkg days or normal 28days. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 8:09am On Nov 28, 2009
ella1:

Hello Everyone, Pls I wld like to know if its 28wkg days or normal 28days. Thanx

It is 28 normal days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 28, 2009
^^ROFLMAO

TRAVELING INDEED. WHERE HAVE YOU TRAVELED TO YOURSELF?

Thanks for the comments but i want you you to understand that i have been out before and i am registration agent and you can check it out more about me and here is my id you can contact me, kemonina@yahoo.com, i will be waiting to read back from you soon ok,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 8:33am On Nov 28, 2009
@ flekan
are u sure its 28 normal days, meaning less than a month, but some1 said 28 working dayz appriximately 6 week, which one is truly ok abeg advise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.