Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,303 members, 7,864,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:37 PM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (129592 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2013
Eneze1: Mynd bikonu u can't stop here, thumps up to you
I will have to. I will be upload again tonight or 2morrow morning
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by kq(m): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
chei Mynd bikonu, joo , pele, ma binu please dont stop here. I am addicted to this story like a drug and i need a huge fix. embarassed
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
kq: chei Mynd bikonu, joo , pele, ma binu please dont stop here. I am addicted to this story like a drug and i need a huge fix. embarassed
Don't get addicted ooo. I no want make NDLEA arrest me for selling illicit drugs
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by jaybiz007(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Great story sir...more ink to ur pen.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd,am related to tonto and am willing to donate her if only you would update faster.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
eze mynd,update na its alreadi d day u promisd to update!nice story tho!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
cry
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nuke: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nice
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by 2map(m): 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
it's actually awesome
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
**typing**
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by ayti: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
Oga mynd na because of you i join nairaland o. Abeg post the update now biko.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
ayti: Oga mynd na because of you i join nairaland o. Abeg post the update now biko.
Are you male or female? grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
Are you male or female? grin
it is unisex grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by kq(m): 7:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ope o finally Mynd is about to drop it like its hot.....fi le!!!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
IZUKWU: it is unisex grin
Get out of here jorh. You wan spoil my swag
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
kq: Ope o finally Mynd is about to drop it like its hot.....fi le!!!
I am not uploading right now ooo. My network is a bit clumsy and I don't wanna play with fire. I will upload before dawn sha
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
angry
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by curiouslad(m): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am not uploading right now ooo. My network is a bit clumsy and I don't wanna play with fire. I will upload before dawn sha

**waiting patiently**
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:54am On Jul 19, 2013
Update. Incomplete cos PHCN has been doing what they know best
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:58am On Jul 19, 2013
Ifeoma was now wide eyed:

“You knew immediately? But I should have been told immediately you did so I could have had them removed”

“Why would you have the bugs removed? Thewhole point of them listening is so they can listen and since you had nothing to hide, theywas no point in hiding anything”

“But you did something about yours so why not about mine?”

“I did not know who was involved, this guys fear me and they don’t normally want to confront me but them coming out to directly challenge me like this is worrying and I did not want to overlook it. at some point, I thought it had to do with the budget presentation but right now, it seems something is amiss”

Kuyi, pulled a chair close to him as Charles who had his eyes on him tightened the grip he had on the gun underneath his jacket. Kuyi caught sight of this but he did nothing. He pushed the chair towards Ifeoma and said;

“I see a storm coming ahead and we might be heading back to the old days where we will need to get all over supporters and friends because I think something crazy is going to happen soon”

Ifeoma almost rolled her eyes;

“I don’t know how crazy it can get, I will probably be fired and tried for the dead of the late president and then we could send the army in find and kill Lucas. It is really not too crazy”

“it is not crazy but who do you think bugged your lines?”

“I was told the bugs came from the National Security Agency”

“And where is the National Security Adviser?”

“He was with the president before she was taken hostage. What has this got to do with anything? Except you are trying to tell me that the NSA was in cohorts with the Tetuans to take the president?”

Kuyi said;

“It is a possibility. If the NSA was with Lucas, then it would be great that our phones be bugged as it will help him know what we are thinking and how best to evade us”

“But it does not make sense at all. Lucas wanted to keep her not kill her at first. And my guys said the conference room was also bugged so Lucas should have known where our team was and what they are up to. It will have also helped him keep the president and get what he wanted. Besides, we are not even sure this is the reason the NSA bugged our phones in the first place”

“I am sure that’s why. I pulled phone records of the NSA in the last four months and guess what I saw?”

“Why do I think I don’t want to know what you found out as this might just end our lives?”

“The NSA has been communicating with the Tetuan embassy in New York. He did not call the country directly so as to avoid anyone suspecting him. So perhaps, the deal was sealed n that way. The NSA had always said we should support the rebels in Tetuan so Lucas asking for more weapons could be hatched that way”

“That does not explain a lot. It does not help Lucas at all. With the president dead, he faces a war he cannot win. Plus if the demands were met, did they really think we would have left the weapons with them? We could have just left them and they gone back to destroy them. The NSA is not dumb”

“The NSA is not dumb but I am sure he has communicated with Lucas before this madness started and I hope you have screened the people working for you?”

Kuyi looked behind Ifeoma towards Charles as Ifeoma did the same and said;

“Charles is okay, we have nothing to worry about and what made you think my people may have been compromised?”

“Because my personal aide was the one who bugged my phone. I just questioned her and she told me everything”

“How did you question her?”

Kuyi smiled and said;

“I asked nicely and promised her candy if she told me the truth. She was approached by theNSA himself and he promised her son admission into the Defense academy and speedy promotions”

Ifeoma did not catch the rest as she was stuck on the part where Kuyi said he asked nicely as somehow she did not see how anyone would confess to a crime like this by just asking nicely but she let it go.

“All this does not explain or start to explain how and why the president was killed. If the Tetuans were listening through the NSA’s bug, the president won’t be dead; I think something else is at work. Is there somethingyou are not telling me?”

“A presidential jet has left to bring the Senate president back and the Attorney General is preparing a swearing in ceremony at 10 am today. They will be announced the death of the president at 9”

“Well that is expected and I am not surprised.But we must speak to the Vice President so he would watch for people within his own cabinet”

Kuyi looked at Ifeoma and then Charles and said;

“Have you for a second thought that this might just be more than a hostage situation? This might actually be a coup”

“I don’t think we should take it that far, the NSA does not have the resources to carry out a coup on his own and we all know that. The military class will just see him as a ‘bloody civilian’”
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 19, 2013
Mynd_44: Update. Incomplete cos PHCN has been doing what they know best
smiley *still waiting*
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by curiouslad(m): 3:01am On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks boss
Been up all night waiting for this
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:03am On Jul 19, 2013
“What if he is just a pawn in the hands of some other people? Apart from you, he is the closest person to the president and he could have been used to get at her”

“Now you are scaring me Kuyi, No one plans a coup without the DMI knowing about it because it would be Dead in water”

“That’s because all coups have taken place on home soil. If it was planned away from home, on foreign soil where they can always blame someone else, DMI would be in the dark. And who said the DMI does not know, if my own aide could have been compromised, how are we sure my deputy is not? For all I know, he is waiting for my resignation”

“This is dangerous to even think of which is why you should have told me about the bugs”

“I never thought it could lead to this, with the budget review coming, the NSA might have been looking for reasons to cut funding here and spend on something else. I did not suspect until I heard the president had been held and I immediately sent some of my men to investigate this. I got the result by mail while coming”

“Your e-mail account is not monitored? Mine for sure is”

“I have a separate one just in case”

Ifeoma reached for the chair and she sat down she turned to her back and saw Charles still standing at the door and she noticed that his hand never left the gun and he was standing in such a way that he could see what was happening inside the room and also monitor what was happening outside. She wondered if he could have been compromised too but she took her mind off it as if he is, there is not much she would be able to do and all would be lost so she chose to hope.

She looked back towards Kuyi and said;

“What do we do? Seems we have been pushed to the wall and we have nothing to do but watch”

“I’d be damned if I sat back and watched; I have sent men to dig up all links between the NSA and every high ranking official; phone calls, mails even house visitations that took too long”

“And what happens if we get all evidence that there has been a coup? We can stop the swearing you know”

“I don’t intend to stop it, I intend to gather allevidences and send it to the senate President”

“And if he is with this plan?”

A little smile showed in the corner of Kuyi’s lips;

“I have some evidence against a lot of senators that would send them to at least fifteen years in prison each but I need evidence first”

“And when will that come? if these guys were smart enough to make sure they were not seen, they would also make sure they delete all traces and with the president dead and the Vice blaming the two of us, we have limited time before we don’t have the resources to find anything”

“Well the time right now says we have almost seven hours until we would be under a new administration and we would lose our jobs so we better made it worthwhile” Kuyi said

“And have your bodyguard relax; no one is going to try to kill you down here”

Ifeoma said;

“How am I so sure of that?”

“Because if I wanted you dead, you’d be dead already”

He barely finished his sentence when he heard his phone beep. He brought it out and frowned a little, ifeoma noticed and asked;

“What’s wrong?”

Kuyi was putting the phone back in his pocket and he said;

“I just got a mail from one of my people in South Africa. Seems like he needs something”

“Well why not read it and see what he wants”

“What is the point? I have more important things to worry about right now”

“Well there is little we can do about anything so why not just read the mail and see what they want. But I never knew we had anything going on in South Africa”

Kuyi looked at her and said;

“We don’t. At least that’s what the South Africans think”
He brought the phone back out and he started pushing the virtual keypad and almost without interest until he focused on the screen and sat up. Ifeoma noticed and said;

“Kuyi, what’s the message about?”

“Wait a minute, this is not right”

“What is not right?”

“This is a mail from South Africa alright but it was sent on behalf someone else and he wants me to call a number on issues relating to the Tetuan”

Ifeoma felt her heart leap.

“They want me to call a number from a very secure line immediately I get this message”
Ifeoma looked confused;

“Maybe they found a link to everyone”

“Well let’s see” Kuyi said as he waited for the line to connect
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:05am On Jul 19, 2013
Michael knew he faced a lot of problems but he could trust only one person and that would be the Director General of the DMI but he would have problems reaching him directly. There was an option of calling the headquarters directly but if the Major could have been from the Nigerian military then there was a possibility that all the lines wouldbe monitored and so calling home directly was not an option. He had to come up with a new plan and the thought of calling Lekan came to him.

He and Lekan used to be partners and then they were split up to work individually. He knew he was in South Africa and since they still kept in touch, he knew his mobile phone number in his head and he called him hopingthat he would pick his phone. He knew Lekanwould probably be out or sleeping at that time but it was worth the gamble.

He called and was pleased when Lekan answered. He asked that he sent a mail on hisbehalf with just a simple message which is that the Director General called him.

He hung up when the message was sent and he looked towards the remaining members who looked at him unsure of what to say. Izu was the first to find his voice;

“Who did you call?”

Michael answered;

“A DMI agent in South Africa. I just asked him to ask Director Kuyi to call this number immediately”

Shade said;

“What if the Director is involved in all this?”

IBK answered;

“IF the Director of the DMI is involved in a conspiracy to kill the President, I doubt we will be alive right now. Why send us in to come save us only to have us killed?”

Shade said;

“In case you forgot, Dare and John are DMI agents and they still betrayed us”

Michael leaned back on a pillar inside the tent and said;

“You are also a DMI agent and you are still here you know” IBK said

We will just have to trust them and see what happens.

Seconds later, the phone rang and Michael answered it while the phone was in speaker. They turned to the president and asked her to be quiet;

“This is Director Kuyi, I was told to call this number. Can I know who is speaking?”

Michael hesitated for a while as he was unsure of what to say and Kuyi said;

“Is anyone there?”

Izu said;

“This is agent Izu of the SSS. I am part of the team sent to…”

He had barely finished when Kuyi cut in;

“I know what team you are. What is your status? What is the status of the president?”

“We have suffered losses and attacks even from members of our team and we don’t know who to trust anymore”

Kuyi paused a little and said;

“Why are you the one talking to me? Give Michael the phone please”
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:05am On Jul 19, 2013
I am going to bed
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 19, 2013
Mynd_44: I am going to bed

LOL!! Don't kill me with suspense plsss!! wink
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:17am On Jul 19, 2013
Judinho59:

LOL!! Don't kill me with suspense plsss!! wink
You're kidding right? No power supply, there's nothing I can do
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 19, 2013
Mynd_44:
You're kidding right? No power supply, there's nothing I can do

Okies.. #Anticipating smiley
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 6:09am On Jul 19, 2013
Ahan y did u stop thr na cry nice work so far
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Obinnau(m): 6:24am On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks for giving us the fix we have been craving for.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 7:25am On Jul 19, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Ahan y did u stop thr na cry nice work so far
Sorry
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by ayti: 11:33am On Jul 19, 2013
This stuff's off da hook. Me can't w8 for next episode. Make it weekly updates instead daily kinda like super story. Lol. Just kidding o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (51) (Reply)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.