Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari (26522 Views)

APC Meeting To Pick Buhari’s Vice Ends In Deadlocked / APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Yorubaman40: 5:53am On May 06, 2013
Gbawe:

Have I given any opinion for you to conclude what I am thinking? Suffice to say my support of the APC is not an emotional, flimsy, conditional or egotistic one. If the APC stakeholders democratically choose Buhari then I am behind them completely. As simple as that.

All I will say to you and others is that it is very arrogant, since you are not qualified stakeholder, to insist on who a Party present or does not present. Doing that is in itself a lack of respect for the free and legitimate choice of others. If you don't agree with the choice stakeholders make democratically, as they are fully entitled to, then simply support whoever you want to. No long thing, no insults and no fight.
If it is as simple as that why then are Buharis sympathizers(Boko Haram) bombing everyone simply because nigerians democratically rejected him.Why is the word shedding - blood never far from buharis lips."Aje ke lana, Omo ku loni.who does not know that d witch killed d child."
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by naptu2: 6:08am On May 06, 2013
Yorubaman40:
If it is as simple as that why then are Buharis sympathizers(Boko Haram) bombing everyone simply because nigerians democratically rejected him.Why is the word shedding - blood never far from buharis lips."Aje ke lana, Omo ku loni.who does not know that d witch killed d child."

When was boko haram established, when did they start their violent attacks and who have the security services named as sponsors and backers of boko haram (no rumours please, just facts)?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ogene70: 6:58am On May 06, 2013
Toktee: Wake up man,Robert mugabi iz older than buhari,italian prime minister iz older than buhari,indian prime minister iz older than buhari,how old was mandela wen he became s/african president;wakeup bro we need a leader that iz capable of redirecting the ship of thiz great country toward the promised land,the picture is there for you to see what a young man has done to thiz country,he promised minimun wage but paid it with subsidy removal,promised to fight corruption but grant pardon to looters etc......................church tins on my mind,later pls

pls are you talking of italian president? cos the italian prime minister (Enrico Letta)that was picked few weeks back is still in his 40s. i like the idea you used facts to backup your claims but do your checks well enough nxt time bro.
stay bless.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by tomber(m): 7:18am On May 06, 2013
They are using us to gather opinions abi.
APC has to be wise. You can never neglet sentiments as this is nigeria. all Politicians(includin cpc buhari) use sentiment and it is allowed. It only worse in nija because of our division and the fact tha we are too emotional rather than intelectual wen it comes to national issues. PDP knws how to play this kind of game. so to win thm u must be wiser.
Already apc has some funny coloration and it will b easy for pdp to use that. tinunbu& fash are muslims, cpc is already view as an islamic party in d south. now bringin buhari out as standard bearer will just spoilt d whole thin. They shud b tryin to cover that loop hole now.
An average christian will not vote for buhari. call it sentiment or not.
Soon u will see papers carryin adverts like "will u forgive those who kill ur children?" with d drawin of a corper. without anybdies name on it. thaz sentiment of cos. but it works. You cant just throw sentiments away. apc must knw that.The easiest way to beat jonathn is to pick a s.southerner or a s.western muslim. anyth can still happen sha
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by naptu2: 7:21am On May 06, 2013
tomber: They are using us to gather opinions abi.
APC has to be wise. You can never neglet sentiments as this is nigeria. all Politicians(includin cpc buhari) use sentiment and it is allowed. It only worse in nija because of our division and the fact tha we are too emotional rather than intelectual wen it comes to national issues. PDP knws how to play this kind of game. so to win thm u must be wiser.
Already apc has some funny coloration and it will b easy for pdp to use that. tinunbu& fash are muslims, cpc is already view as an islamic party in d south. now bringin buhari out as standard bearer will just spoilt d whole thin. They shud b tryin to cover that loop hole now.
An average christian will not vote for buhari. call it sentiment or not.
Soon u will see papers carryin adverts like "will u forgive those who kill ur children?" with d drawin of a corper. without anybdies name on it. thaz sentiment of cos. but it works. You cant just throw sentiments away. apc must knw that.The easiest way to beat jonathn is to pick a s.southerner or a s.western muslim. anyth can still happen sha

"the fact tha we are too emotional rather than intelectual wen it comes to national issues"

Wow! You just summed up one of the biggest problems facing Nigeria!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:27am On May 06, 2013
[size=18pt]Amoured Personnel Carrier, dead on arrival.

Keep coming, we dey wait una and Buhari for front. Oloshi People. [/size]
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by muktarmtt(m): 7:29am On May 06, 2013
Goddex: Buhari without Idiagbon is like a car without engine. Buhari was a figure head president. He is a woman and very clueless. He does not have an idea of how to move this country forward. That he is popular among the uneducated Almajiris in the north is a non issue. Jonathan will beat him hands down in 2015, sorry to all of you haters.

A 73yr old that admitted he could not operate a simple computer system in 2011. He will cry again.q
shut ur pie hole mumu 4 saying dat trabalistic bigot Buhari is one of TOP 3 honest ppl in 9ja who want progress in Nigerian nd he did it b4 wen he was a head of state so back up bro, but I dnt blm. U, u ware tlking wit ur anus
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by slimghost(m): 7:38am On May 06, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: [size=18pt]Amoured Personnel Carrier, dead on arrival.

Keep coming, we dey wait una and Buhari for front. Oloshi People. [/size]
lol. Well said!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by terfcha: 7:58am On May 06, 2013
Symphony007: That means buhari is not a man of his words, all those crocodile tears and promise that if he lost 2011, he'll never run again was all an act. Shamefull!!
have jona fufil all his prọmise? Even one he has not.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by soloyes(m): 8:04am On May 06, 2013
Some posters here are just clueless about Nigerian politics. How can you say a man that single-handedly garnered over 12M votes in the last election without much campaign in the SS, SE nor SW is not the best option for the party? What do you think is the essence of merger? if he can deliver 12M votes Tinubu like 10M votes and Shakaru like lets say 3M votes, what will happen to the power equation? If we must put away sentiments and be sincere with our selves, we will agree that Buhari still remains the most credible opposition candidate in Nigeria. Just as you cannot wash a greased cloth with soap and expect it to be clean, we cannot wipe out corruption in Nigeria with just a wish, we need somebody that can step on toes without blinking an eye-for that is the only way we can save Nigeria from this cancer called corruption and Buhari is just that man.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by igbokwesampson(m): 8:14am On May 06, 2013
Gud decision, so long as it keeps GEJ in office beyond 2015. As for haters u can go hug mr T
terfcha: have jona fufil all his prọmise? Even one he has not.
Gud decision, so long as it keeps GEJ in office beyond 2015. As for haters u can go hug mr T
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by slimghost(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2013
soloyes: Some posters here are just clueless about Nigerian politics. How can you say a man that single-handedly garnered over 12M votes in the last election without much campaign in the SS, SE nor SW is not the best option for the party? What do you think is the essence of merger? if he can deliver 12M votes Tinubu like 10M votes and Shakaru like lets say 3M votes, what will happen to the power equation? If we must put away sentiments and be sincere with our selves, we will agree that Buhari still remains the most credible opposition candidate in Nigeria. Just as you cannot wash a greased cloth with soap and expect it to be clean, we cannot wipe out corruption in Nigeria with just a wish, we need somebody that can step on toes without blinking an eye-for that is the only way we can save Nigeria from this cancer called corruption and Buhari is just that man.

This your post shows you know nothing about Nigeria politics! Where would Tinubu get 10M votes from? You think the whole of SW would vote for APC? You think yorubas are that daft? Now let me paint the real picture for you: Buhari can only get block votes from core Northern states and part of SW alone. Come to think of it, if he were that popular in the North, how come his party could only win one gubernatorial election in the whole north? Answer - PDP still has amazing grassroot structure in the North. Then coupled with the fact that Buhari would lose terribly in SE,SS and MB. Didn't yall get the Memo? Buhari is unelectable. Even Rhino, a yorubaman on NL is against his candidacy, and trust me million other yorubas feel the same way. Stop analysing politics with your yansh bro.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Mogidi: 8:47am On May 06, 2013
slimghost:
Stop analysing politics with your yansh bro.

Bros you wicked o....ROFLMO!!!!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Godmann(m): 8:49am On May 06, 2013
Some of us are from the East/West/South-south worked tirelessly for Buhari in 2011. I hope Nigerians are seeing a better picture now and can join us to send the political roques accross all the parties far from our Government.

Get it, PDP is rotten with very few and limited Good men if any. ACN is not too much better than PDP; ANPP is as bad. CPC is just like any other party.

But if survival instinct can make them give us Buhari that we believe in come 2015 as APC candidate; it will be for us to support Buhari.

Buhari wining the election is not the end; the end is making sure that the smart rogues will not hijack his government or assassinate him.

I do not see Tinubu supporting Buhari in all sincerity, because he is as corrupt as the worst PDP men; and will be one of the first victims of an anti-corrupt Buhari government. I believe they may want to pull another fast one on him; the way IBB pulled one on him and Idiagon.

So, please Nigerian youths, for the good of our father land, let not just support Buhari, but be prepared to protect him against the big/smart corrupters of our land.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by aurenflani: 9:22am On May 06, 2013
Billyonaire: Buhari overthrew a democratically elected Government of Shagari

Buhari promised Tears and Blood and delivered on that promise

Buhari was nominated by Boko Haram as their spokes person

Buhari speaks more Hausa than English to prove his ethnic and regional alliances

Buhari is not innovative and knows nothing about 21st Century Governance

Buhari is Militarily Backgrounded, we do NOT need an ex-military anymore, their arrogance is astronomical.

Buhari at Mid 70s should reconcile with his Gods and think about Life after Dead instead of meddling with Politics. Nigeria's Future is for the young generation, a generation that Buhari is NOT part of, so he should allow the younger generations to decide their future. Buhari can not survive another 8yrs in the Presidency cos of the attendant stress of office, so I ask Buhari nicely, to retire and shed no more tears, no one actually wanna see a man in his 70s shedding tears cos of losing an election.

The fact, that the Merger Opposition can NOT provide an alternative to GEJ's PDP therefore speaks loudly of A LARGER SYSTEMIC FAILURE within the merger group. I therefore, admonish every intelligent Nigerian to shun a merger whose hierarchy are incapable of producing a VIABLE candidate amongst 170 million abled Nigerians.

Its a fat Shame.

But GEJ does not give a damn. Why are you looser? kiss
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by iliasusuleman: 9:25am On May 06, 2013
buhari is the man come 2015

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by aurenflani: 9:32am On May 06, 2013
slimghost:

This your post shows you know nothing about Nigeria politics! Where would Tinubu get 10M votes from? You think the whole of SW would vote for APC? You think yorubas are that daft? Now let me paint the real picture for you: Buhari can only get block votes from core Northern states and part of SW alone. Come to think of it, if he were that popular in the North, how come his party could only win one gubernatorial election in the whole north? Answer - PDP still has amazing grassroot structure in the North. Then coupled with the fact that Buhari would lose terribly in SE,SS and MB. Didn't yall get the Memo? Buhari is unelectable. Even Rhino, a yorubaman on NL is against his candidacy, and trust me million other yorubas feel the same way. Stop analysing politics with your yansh bro.

The guy is thinking about the future of this country and looser like you are busy talking like a clown. Tell me which part of the north or south that voted for pdp in the last election that didn't wake up with a rude shock and disappointment with bro jona?

Reality on ground suggests that gej may not even emerge a pdp candidate for 2015 let alone for pdp to win after all the messing up Nigerians that is happening.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by nkemKalu: 9:39am On May 06, 2013
slimghost: See grown ups coming on NL to deceive themselves. Buhari is HIGHLY unsellable and will definitely lose AGAIN come 2015. If this is what being progressive is all about, then I'd stick with PDP. Anyway, I know APC can't be this stupid as to present this man. LEt he who has ears listen.
WAIT TILL 2015, U will simply realise that Buhari is more sellable than any of those ur fools presently in power. The fear of Buhari is the begining of political wisdom for the rogues in power.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by nkemKalu: 9:40am On May 06, 2013
aurenflani:

The guy is thinking about the future of this country and looser like you are busy talking like a clown. Tell me which part of the north or south that voted for pdp in the last election that didn't wake up with a rude shock and disappointment with bro jona?

Reality on ground suggests that gej may not even emerge a pdp candidate for 2015 let alone for pdp to win after all the messing up Nigerians that is happening.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Gbawe: 10:07am On May 06, 2013
aurenflani:

This is the thing. Many of the fans of GEJ don't do reality. This is a man who will be 100% disgraced and defeated at even intra-Party level if he ever puts his popularity to the electoral test. Yet sycophants , devoted clannishly to their corner than to what is best for Nigeria, are here talking up the chance of a man who has disappointed everyone everywhere and clearly taken Nigeria backwards seriously.

The best scenario would be what some of us enviously see playing out in other African Countries whereby a clueless mediocrity like GEJ, with a history that 100% shows he stands for nothing at all and has been promoted far above his level in a crazy country, has no chance of ever making the cut of those vying to lead a nation.

No Party, not even the smallest Party with the slimmest chance of victory, for example, will put forward a GEJ-type in Ghana or Botswana. Nigeria will come of age when we reach the level of sophistication whereby every Party hosts proven performers and undisputed good guys with antecedents that shows clearly that the nation will experience progress under every one of these guys - whoever wins. That is where we must get to.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Boyoorisha: 10:52am On May 06, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Don't believe everything you read on newspaper. It is just not possible that they picked Buhari already. Doing so jeopardises their chances to show their democratic tendency. It is against the law and he would be disqualified if they just pick him without election at the convention. I don't believe it. My mind tells me Fashola, Rocha or Oshiohmole is going to be the nominee. Don't forget the same newspaper said two days ago Buhari was stepping down for younger and more qualified candidate.

One the names you mentioned above can only come as running mate! Mark my word
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by slimghost(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2013
Am tired of all this back and forth argument. The reality on ground is: hate GEJ or not, he will still win come 2015! Getting Pdp's ticket is very easy for him now. He disgraced Atiku when he had no hold of the party, talk more of now that he has aa firm grip of the party. Yall should keep sentiment aside when analyzing politics abeg.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by nkemKalu: 10:58am On May 06, 2013
slimghost: Am tired of all this back and forth argument. The reality on ground is: hate GEJ or not, he will still win come 2015! Getting Pdp's ticket is very easy for him now. He disgraced Atiku when he had no hold of the party, talk more of now that he has aa firm grip of the party. Yall should keep sentiment aside when analyzing politics abeg.
DAYDREAMER
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Akanbiedu(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2013
aurenflani:

If this one happens, it will become obvious that a lot of PDP sympathizers here are not really supporting PDP but Jonathan. LOL.

I can guess NL monikers that would disappear sharp sharp. smellynigerian, talaka, billigoat, etc come to mind.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by gudugudumeje: 11:44am On May 06, 2013
Rhino, u must be dreaming to think that 70s' has nothing to offer.... What lessons has the younger ones got to give in leadership ad democratic virtues,ad largeness in spirit other than despotism, money chase and power mongering? Lessons of the old are yet to sink enof here. Not even ur churches ad mosques are virtuous anymore!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Jeanfortune(f): 11:47am On May 06, 2013
I
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Boazizzy08: 12:00pm On May 06, 2013
lakhadimar: AS FAR AS I AM CONCERND APC, PDP, CPC, DPP, APGA, RPG, BSC, NTA, LLB, LP, HIV, ARE ALL ONE AND THE SAME THEY ARE ALL THIEVES. IS BUHARI EVEN THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB? NIGERIA NEEDS FRESH BLOOD AND FRESH IDEA IN ITS POLITICAL TERRAIN, NOT ALL THESE OLD ROGUES

exactly how i see it. its high time Nigerians start considering individuals with good intentions for the country instead of paying more attention to political parties. honestly, i don't care about political parties rather individuals.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Demdem(m): 12:09pm On May 06, 2013
2 million: just answer the question please!

Open another thread for it please.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Demdem(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2013
Yorubaman40:

Foolish Talk.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Demdem(m): 12:18pm On May 06, 2013
aurenflani:

u dey mind the goat
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 06, 2013
aurenflani:

The mofo is a pathetic looser! only the subsidy brouhaha and the increase in pump price of petroleum on January 1,2012 which made igbos who travelled for the Yuletide became stranded is enough to hate Jonathan. That incident still lives on in our memories.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by adetsim(m): 12:47pm On May 06, 2013
lakhadimar: AS FAR AS I AM CONCERND APC, PDP, CPC, DPP, APGA, RPG, BSC, NTA, LLB, LP, HIV, ARE ALL ONE AND THE SAME THEY ARE ALL THIEVES. IS BUHARI EVEN THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB? NIGERIA NEEDS FRESH BLOOD AND FRESH IDEA IN ITS POLITICAL TERRAIN, NOT ALL THESE OLD ROGUES

Bros I too enjoy your comment especially on including HIV, NTA and Co.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC / OBIdients Hold Door To Door Campaign In Borno State (Pictures) / Burial Of Boy Killed During Demolition Of Eke-Ukwu Market In Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.