Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,030 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari (26487 Views)

APC Meeting To Pick Buhari’s Vice Ends In Deadlocked / APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by clint77ng: 8:09pm On May 05, 2013
the devil u know is better than d angel u don't know. GEJ has done enough to win my vote come 2015. it was the northerns that created corruption in nija and not GEJ. do u see the massive employment? 9 universities and 6 mega uni. lagos-ore road, our airports, phcn etc are all getting attention. The only crime i know he committed is that he is an ijaw man. we need developmental policies and not wai, the judiciary can handle that the name Jonathan simply means God sent. Google it.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Symphony007: 8:28pm On May 05, 2013
The apc nominating buhari to me is a missed opportunity on their part. Many niger deltans and igbo's are quite disappionted in jonathan and would'nt mind a change but the taught of a radical like buhari in aso rock will just push them back to jonathan. If the apc wants a shot at the presidency, they should nominate someone that can relate to every region of this country..they better rethink, the next election is still about 23 months.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Kairoseki77: 8:36pm On May 05, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Sentiment, nothing more.

What sentiment?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by funnyx(m): 8:43pm On May 05, 2013
clint77ng: the devil u know is better than d angel u don't know. GEJ has done enough to win my vote come 2015. it was the northerns that created corruption in nija and not GEJ. do u see the massive employment? 9 universities and 6 mega uni. lagos-ore road, our airports, phcn etc are all getting attention. The only crime i know he committed is that he is an ijaw man. we need developmental policies and not wai, the judiciary can handle that the name Jonathan simply means God sent. Google it.

100% Garbage

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Kairoseki77: 8:45pm On May 05, 2013
OsunOriginal:

What concerns a pdp member in who APC picks as its candidate?

Tell us who you want APC to choose, PDP sr. Adviser on opposition.

The only person I support for President is Fashola.

I would support Oshimole, Akpabio, or Rochas, but they are probably not running.
I would support Donald Duke, Awolowo, and even the Chinese Premier to be President, but they are not running.

The only thing I care about is rapid development.
Buhari and GEJ cannot deliver development, so I cannot support them.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by JaaizTech: 8:48pm On May 05, 2013
Symphony007: The apc nominating buhari to me is a missed opportunity on their part. Many niger deltans and igbo's are quite disappionted in jonathan and would'nt mind a change but the taught of a radical like buhari in aso rock will just push them back to jonathan. If the apc wants a shot at the presidency, they should nominate someone that can relate to every region of this country..they better rethink, the next election is still about 23 months.

Do you think an APC that would be led by Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu would be so naive to nominate Buhari as their Presidential candidate come 2015 I doubt that very much. This does not imply that Buhari is a bad person but Buhari is terribly unpopular in the south (although mainly for sentimental reasons and unfounded rumors).

Any party that pitches Buhari against Jonathan is just plain stupid; it takes more than the core-north to win elections, it is going to take the whole of Nigeria to beat a sitting President no matter how "mumu" that sitting President is. The only chance APC has got is to present a Southern Candidate against GEJ, that is the only realistic chance that they have got. Pitch an Amaechi or Oshomole against GEJ and He would shit in his pant. The success of APC would be determined by "How much patience and wisdom, the northern leaders have"?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by emiye(m): 9:02pm On May 05, 2013
Michaeljones36:

The only person I support for President is Fashola.

I would support Oshimole, Akpabio, or Rochas, but they are probably not running.
I would support Donald Duke, Awolowo, and even the Chinese Premier to be President, but they are not running.

The only thing I care about is rapid development.
Buhari and GEJ cannot deliver development, so I cannot support them.

You have to learn to simulate the minds of the bulk voters spread across regions, and present a candidate that will capture their varying sentiments, it is the reality about elections.

Dislodging the PDP from the centre is an arduos task i must confess, like in a game chess, you will have to make some sacrifice if you must win this game.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by morenath(m): 9:08pm On May 05, 2013
djon78: if we sincerely want change in this country, people like fashola, oshiomole, akpabio who are the best performing governors should be those to be choosen by their respective parties as flagbearers, not people that will set us back or play ethnic/religious card.
Who told u dat dey performed or which instrument or gauge are u using to measure there performance
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by abrat: 9:24pm On May 05, 2013
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by mactonnyso: 9:41pm On May 05, 2013
May be APC will continue searching for Pre. candidate until 2019. I hope the PDP is not manipulating their brain making them confused until Jonna is sworn in again 2015.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by EmmyDe25(m): 9:42pm On May 05, 2013
djon78: if we sincerely want change in this country, people like fashola, oshiomole, akpabio who are the best performing governors should be those to be choosen by their respective parties as flagbearers, not people that will set us back or play ethnic/religious card.
Did u just say Akpabio?? Are u dreaming?? Dat unscrupulous and good for notin man!! No be only president him go comot for, na chairman. mtcheeew!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by 2million1(m): 9:45pm On May 05, 2013
Demdem:

Ask ur parents or better still use nairaland search engine. How many times do we want to talk about this.
just answer the question please!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by usfreshen: 9:51pm On May 05, 2013
Bobandgreat: [color=#000099][/color]

There will be no battle. Can a chameleon battle with a cow? Can a slave battle with his master?
At times people ask usless questions,what's the meaning of that ? Can a slave battle with his masters ? What did you studied in school ? Haven't you red anything on marxism before. Ok let's assume you did not go to school or red marxism, what about the movie spartacus that came out more recently didn't watch were the slaves came togther to revolt over there masters ? Na wa for some people for this country o. What has EJ done for you since e came? What role does age got to even play in politics of the 21th century ? We are talking about change and how to kill this corrupt P.D.P governemt that want to kill this country you are talking rubbish. Go and read wild ok before contributing here.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OmoTier1(m): 9:52pm On May 05, 2013
[size=15pt]Anyone who thinks GEJ stand a chance of wining the presidential election in 2015 must be living in a fool's paradise[/size] GEJ should read the handwriting on the wall and start preparing for 7 years cool off in jail.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by musiwa25: 9:54pm On May 05, 2013
Eko ile, in a ticket with a North muslim, there is no way a tinubu or fashola can be on that ticket.. because you have christain in nigeria.. are you not nigerian. this is how they do it in nigeria.. APC merger means fashola or tinubu is out of the race for president, if they are given the north the president..

You see they have tried atiku, Buhari , Ribadu before.. and they could not win. the reason is you have christain in benue, taraba,adamawa,plateau, nassarawa, those ticket do not appeal to them..

to appeal to those majority it as to be a christain . this is why i said i am best person to be president. buhari will not be able to make in road.. because buhari is a fulani man, yar adua,ribadu,atiku and sambo are both fulani/hausa.. so they are tried of that ticket. bakare is from ogun state like obasanjo, sonekan .. so he is out of the race.

the only ticket that can win is me.. i see why you people always force me to come back and write on the internet, i use to think, you are all sick people.. we are disturbing my life in canada. i stop using phone because i think you are all mad people. i now see.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OmoTier1(m): 9:56pm On May 05, 2013
emiye:

You have to learn to simulate the minds of the bulk voters spread across regions, and present a candidate that will capture their varying sentiments, it is the reality about elections.

Dislodging the PDP from the centre is an arduos task i must confess, like in a game chess, you will have to make some sacrifice if you must win this game.
Contrary to what many of you think, dislodging PDP from centre is very easy! It takes the masses to pull off their eyes religious and ethnic sentiments scales, vote for a performer and protect their votes.

January 2012 mass protest clearly demonstrated that Nigerians can make PDP history the day they decide to. Surely it will be like a dream when the brooms start sweeping eagles square and I know many handles on Nairaland will become redundant immediately cool
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OmoTier1(m): 9:57pm On May 05, 2013
musiwa25: Eko ile, in a ticket with a North muslim, there is no way a tinubu or fashola can be on that ticket.. because you have christain in nigeria.. are you not nigerian. this is how they do it in nigeria.. APC merger means fashola or tinubu is out of the race for president, if they are given the north the president..

You see they have tried atiku, Buhari , Ribadu before.. and they could not win. the reason is you have christain in benue, taraba,adamawa,plateau, nassarawa, those ticket do not appeal to them..

to appeal to those majority it as to be a christain . this is why i said i am best person to be president. buhari will not be able to make in road.. because buhari is a fulani man, yar adua,ribadu,atiku and sambo are both fulani/hausa.. so they are tried of that ticket. bakare is from ogun state like obasanjo, sonekan .. so he is out of the race.

the only ticket that can win is me.. i see why you people always force me to come back and write on the internet, i use to think, you are all sick people.. we are disturbing my life in canada. i stop using phone because i think you are all mad people. i now see.
Egbami oh! MUSIWA don enter one chance topic don spoil be that oh cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by funnyx(m): 10:05pm On May 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Egbami oh! MUSIWA don enter one chance topic don spoil be that oh cheesy cheesy cheesy

Una no sabi am before? grin grin grin
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ayobo1(m): 10:11pm On May 05, 2013
i wanna say here dat nigeria is country dat is quite diferent frm any other country on planet earth in such a way dat wat works for dem may nt work in nigeria. firstly if we say dat Buhari is too old den we may be missin out smtin, cos we all kn wat Mr Bankole did, d so called Farouk lawan, n others too many to mention. wats does dat tell us, naija nt yet ripe for youth to anchor sensitive positions, however we must nt be hurray to 4get dat politics is a game of number and popularity. i must tell d house dat d most popular man at present in nigeria politics is Buhari. am nt a muslim neither am i a northerner or a fan bt sometimes d truth is bitter. if nigerians wants d desired change de hv be yearning for den de must tink right. as for me APC and PDP hv 100% chance of occupying ASO ROCK come may 29 2015.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ansonmerito: 10:13pm On May 05, 2013
Actualy, Buhari 4got somting in d asovila and so is planing 2get it bak by contesting in 2015. D idiot won go chop money 4dia ni, ur plans don fail
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ekoilee: 10:25pm On May 05, 2013
musiwa25: Eko ile, in a ticket with a North muslim, there is no way a tinubu or fashola can be on that ticket.. because you have christain in nigeria.. are you not nigerian. this is how they do it in nigeria.. APC merger means fashola or tinubu is out of the race for president, if they are given the north the president..

to appeal to those majority it as to be a christain . this is why i said i am best person to be president. buhari will not be able to make in road.. becioause buhari is a fulani man, yar adua,ribadu,atiku and sambo are both fulani/hausa.. so they are tried of that ticket. bakare is from ogun state like obasanjo, sonekan .. so he is out of the race.

Musiwa for presido..
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Arkhin(m): 10:49pm On May 05, 2013
Sai Buhari!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by tomakint: 11:53pm On May 05, 2013
nameo:

GOOD. So are now coming to the realization of that FACT, kwa @Rhino. Some people truly learn slow, but they catch up eventually.

Good morning, Bros
Indeed, I am joining you to extend the same salutation 'Good Morning', to other APC, ACN and CPC e-thugs here that when the time comes (2015) by God's special grace we will remind them that all along they've all been in one long deep sleep and by then it would be time to wake them up! Bunch of political neophytes!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by philips70(m): 12:15am On May 06, 2013
Billyonaire: Buhari overthrew a democratically elected Government of Shagari

Buhari promised Tears and Blood and delivered on that promise

Buhari was nominated by Boko Haram as their spokes person

Buhari speaks more Hausa than English to prove his ethnic and regional alliances

Buhari is not innovative and knows nothing about 21st Century Governance

Buhari is Militarily Backgrounded, we do NOT need an ex-military anymore, their arrogance is astronomical.

Buhari at Mid 70s should reconcile with his Gods and think about Life after Dead instead of meddling with Politics. Nigeria's Future is for the young generation, a generation that Buhari is NOT part of, so he should allow the younger generations to decide their future. Buhari can not survive another 8yrs in the Presidency cos of the attendant stress of office, so I ask Buhari nicely, to retire and shed no more tears, no one actually wanna see a man in his 70s shedding tears cos of losing an election.

The fact, that the Merger Opposition can NOT provide an alternative to GEJ's PDP therefore speaks loudly of A LARGER SYSTEMIC FAILURE within the merger group. I therefore, admonish every intelligent Nigerian to shun a merger whose hierarchy are incapable of producing a VIABLE candidate amongst 170 million abled Nigerians.

Its a fat Shame.

Outdated gist. Can't you guys just be innovative for once? You guys stories on Buhari is as old as the famous Captain and box of dollars in Nigeria's local 419 circle. Even una master want new stories on this man like where he hide all his stolen billions. Shame on you guys
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 2:18am On May 06, 2013
philips70:

Outdated gist. Can't you guys just be innovative for once? You guys stories on Buhari is as old as the famous Captain and box of dollars in Nigeria's local 419 circle. Even una master want new stories on this man like where he hide all his stolen billions. Shame on you guys

you dont innovate people's history do you?

you tell it as it is and remind voters in case they forget
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by bigass(f): 4:02am On May 06, 2013
Nelson Mandela was 75 when he became president of South Africa. He was far better than Thabo mbeki and Jacob Zuma. Roland Reagan became president at 70. He was by far the best republican president in recent years.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by birdman(m): 4:05am On May 06, 2013
The running mate is more interesting in this case. If a Northern muslim has been chosen, a southern Christian has to balance the ticket. We could very well see a SE governor if Buhari is indeed on the ticket. I get the vibe this is all misdirection though, to throw PDP off its game for a bit.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by emiye(m): 5:28am On May 06, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Contrary to what many of you think, dislodging PDP from centre is very easy! It takes the masses to pull off their eyes religious and ethnic sentiments scales, vote for a performer and protect their votes.

January 2012 mass protest clearly demonstrated that Nigerians can make PDP history the day they decide to. Surely it will be like a dream when the brooms start sweeping eagles square and I know many handles on Nairaland will become redundant immediately cool

The boldened is what makes it difficult, the scales will not fall easily. The bulk of masses can hardly decipher an unelected performer !.

As regard the january 2012 mass protest, if you will recall, an ethnic dimension was also introduced, and the protest was not nationwide, some regions did not join the protest.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Yorubaman40: 5:33am On May 06, 2013
solopumpy227:

Thsnk you my Brother for your love and concern. We are actually taking to your advice and trying a new option that is why we are going for the popular ANTI-CORRUPTION brand. We have tried all PDP options to date and dont you think we should give GMB option a try?
Really! A "popular ANTI-CORRUPTION brand" sponsored and oiled by TINUBU ? Have not seen where a leopard changed its skin. Unless ofcourse u have one in ur village.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by iconaus: 5:43am On May 06, 2013
truth4meal: And to all you singers of young president - how many of you voted ur young comrades who contested for the presidency in other political parties to serve as a form of encouragement and also as a testimony of your sincere want for a young president. How many of you belong to a political party or are u dreaming someone will one day knock your door to offer you the candidature of a party? See we should cover our face in shame that the only tin veritable against Buhari is his age and religion - and not that he is corrupt and insensitive to the plight of the masses. Because Buhari is old I should then vote a clueless GEJ cos he is young? Because Buhari is a northern I should then vote the corrupt GEJ cos he is from the south? So because Buhari is muslim I should vote the visionless GEJ cos he is a "christian"? We need to start thinking and acting like people that sincerely want a positive change. It should be progress over sentiments not the other way round...transforming Nigeria atm is not a child's play I beg to repeat! Sai Buhari!!!

rubbish we want a change . buhari was there before . lets give chance to new breed and besides we dont want power to go back to the north now . other regions should ve a test ot it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Can Osinbajo Be A Good President? / No Need To Panic Over Removal Of PMS Subsidy Says NMDPRA / Sowore Reacts To MFM Libel Suit Against Him And Sahara Reporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.