Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari (26503 Views)

APC Meeting To Pick Buhari’s Vice Ends In Deadlocked / APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OmoTier1(m): 1:17pm On May 05, 2013
What the PDP lapdogs on NL have failed to realize is the truth that 2015 will be very much different compared to 2011. If GEJ emerges the PDP flag bearer and Buhari emerges the APC flag bearer with Fashola or Oshiomhole as His running mate, then all PDP lapdogs should better begin to apply for jobs in Togo!

Unlike 2011, South West, perhaps apart from Ondo will never vote GEJ, and same goes with Edo State. I see northerners abandoning GEJ as the "bloody" fight for the PDP ticket will leave GEJ more weak than ever to rejoin the forces in the North for the elections.

Already, Buhari and co are building bridges, forming alliances and reaching out to those that will do the grass root work for who ever emerges as the APC Presidential candidate and no doubt by end of 2014, it would become clear to PDP their time is up.

Come 2015, I Nigerians celebrating with brooms, sweeping Eagle Square and the streets of Abuja the way ACN supporters used broom to sweep Ring Road in BENIN CITY after the God fathers were sent licking their wounds.

The end of PDP is now and the best GEJ can do now is to prepare himself for 7 years jail term cool

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by vanstanzy(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2013
enigma_otr: I'll vote for if Buhari is the man. I don't care if the man is old, or a northerner, i'll vote for him. I even want to see a person from another party being the president. Even if it is for a minute, buhari will rule this country once again.

Only in ur dirty dreams. I repeat it again, only in ur dirty dreams. angry angry Buhari will never smell that presidency again. This is an easy win for PDP. FRESH AIR 2015! grin
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by vanstanzy(m): 1:36pm On May 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1: What the PDP lapdogs on NL have failed to realize is the truth that 2015 will be very much different compared to 2011. If GEJ emerges the PDP flag bearer and Buhari emerges the APC flag bearer with Fashola or Oshiomhole as His running mate, then all PDP lapdogs should better begin to apply for jobs in Togo!

Unlike 2011, South West, perhaps apart from Ondo will never vote GEJ, and same goes with Edo State. I see northerners abandoning GEJ as the "bloody" fight for the PDP ticket will leave GEJ more weak than ever to rejoin the forces in the North for the elections.

Already, Buhari and co are building bridges, forming alliances and reaching out to those that will do the grass root work for who ever emerges as the APC Presidential candidate and no doubt by end of 2014, it would become clear to PDP their time is up.

Come 2015, I Nigerians celebrating with brooms, sweeping Eagle Square and the streets of Abuja the way ACN supporters used broom to sweep Ring Road in BENIN CITY after the God fathers were sent licking their wounds.

The end of PDP is now and the best GEJ can do now is to prepare himself for 7 years jail term cool

O Child, u got me reeling in LAUGHTER! grin grin grin grin grin grin U truly know nothing about politics.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Jakumo(m): 1:41pm On May 05, 2013
Have no fear, Pellow Kwantiri-man. Go about your normal businss while we DISPLEEEEEN zees infidels.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by kumbalo(m): 1:42pm On May 05, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Don't believe everything you read on newspaper. It is just not possible that they picked Buhari already. Doing so jeopardises their chances to show their democratic tendency. It is against the law and he would be disqualified if they just pick him without election at the convention. I don't believe it. My mind tells me Fashola, Rocha or Oshiohmole is going to be the nominee. Don't forget the same newspaper said two days ago Buhari was stepping down for younger and more qualified candidate.
exaxctly my opinion
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by KingsleyCEO: 1:47pm On May 05, 2013
If this is true, they just lost my VOTE.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by automaticcarzz: 1:49pm On May 05, 2013
KingsleyCEO: If this is true, they just lost my VOTE.

Don't believe the tribune story. Buhari is not going to be the CPC nominee.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Gbawe: 1:53pm On May 05, 2013
mikeansy:

Just in case you did not notice

The article you posted says Buhari has been picked!

even your own headline says the same!

Even if he has been "picked", is it by men from Mars or APC stakeholders who sat down and made the choice of Buhari as is allowed ? What many don't factor into things is that it is even the Fasholas, Ribadus, Oshiomhole, El Rufai et al actually backing Buhari because of political pragmatism. Not one of these men have the "me or Buhari" stance you guys are entertaining on behalf of Fashola, Oshiomhole et al. There is no dictatorial insistence from Buhari himself either. It is more about a unison of reasoning that Buhari is likely the best candidate to present - all things factored into the equation.

I would think you should be aware that "picked" Buhari is no different to "elected" Buhari if stakeholders sit down to make a popular and perhaps even predictable choice unitedly, unanimously and without rancour as was the case when everyone, for the sake of ceremony, went through the motions to step down for Ribadu as the ACN candidate during the Party convention.

Personally, I think this is too early and probably not correct but put to any test, Buhari will likely emerge the APC Presidential candidate for pragmatically ticking more boxes than others. In the end, I am behind whoever APC presents as long as it is a good person who will work to improve Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by nenergy(m): 1:55pm On May 05, 2013
Rtd Gen. Buhari is the Abraham Lincoln of Nigerian politics. But someone should please inform him that he has to fail atleast 10 before being elected president in Nigeria.

Abraham Lincoln Never Quits
http://www.rogerknapp.com/inspire/lincoln.htm
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OsunOriginal: 2:01pm On May 05, 2013
Good move as expected - let's know the running mate so we can begin to print posters.

The change is here!

And for those shameless pdp dogs and tribalistic religious bigots from south east, start thinking straight now before it is too late. Nigeria is moving forward and no bigot will be allowed to hold it down.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by eagleeye2: 2:04pm On May 05, 2013
If Buhari is the Presidential candidate, then they might as well send a congratulatory message to PDP.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Brotherman(m): 2:11pm On May 05, 2013
I believe Buhari (one term presidency only) and the likes of Fashola or Oshomole as vice to continue after the one term of Buhari will remove the power from the PDP.
Buhari is an old man we all know but he can get 90percent of the Northern vote, and that is the fact the opposition want to rely upon; he will not be corrupt neither will he sanction corruption;
but i tell u; if the opposition dont feud a good candidate; PDP will win come 2015 and GEJ will continue in office
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Sheguama: 2:16pm On May 05, 2013
I will be the happiest man if this is true. I will not only vote Buhari; I will canvas the whole of my family members, I will make my folks see the reasons of voting him. I will encourage my church members to vote. I will campaign my neighborhood. Infact I will do anything positive within my scope. He's more like the man that will bring back the glory of this land from the sepulcher. .

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by tarryT(m): 2:19pm On May 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1: What the PDP lapdogs on NL have failed to realize is the truth that 2015 will be very much different compared to 2011. If GEJ emerges the PDP flag bearer and Buhari emerges the APC flag bearer with Fashola or Oshiomhole as His running mate, then all PDP lapdogs should better begin to apply for jobs in Togo!

I don laugh today, chai! See DELUSION.. How i won take classify this type of delusion.

Make i try.. This is what i will call DELUSION of MUMUnism.

Fresh AIR... Breath or "asphyxiate".
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Bobandgreat: 2:19pm On May 05, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
OsunOriginal: Good move as expected - let's know the running mate so we can begin to print posters.

The change is here!

And for those shameless pdp dogs and tribalistic religious bigots from south east, start thinking straight now before it is too late. Nigeria is moving forward and no bigot will be allowed to hold it down.

Typical Osun brain.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
What is progressive in choosing a 70 something years old man? The proponent of this merger party are indeed sick, bereft of any progressive tendencies if Buhari is their candidate. Even my dog knows that Buhari is an expired product, who cannot win election in Nigeria of today.

I can safely conclude that PDP and by extension Jonathan(sic) is going to remain in Aso Rock come 2015. indeed this is another political blunder and harakiri by the oppositions. So they'll print posters with Buhari for president in 2015? smh!

Yorubas love Buhari. Am sure they will vote him...

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by emiye(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2013
my own submission about buhari as APC Presidential candidate is that he is possibly the most optimal candidate at the moment.

1. GEJ of 2015 will be weaker in the northern axis than GEJ OF 2011.

2. Most northern PDP GOVERNORS will not be seeking re-election in 2015, less vibrant PDP campaign

3. the main opposition parties will not split their votes in 2015, unlike 2011 (buhari / shekarau / ribadu)

4. More funds will be available for grass root campaign to the APC Campaign unlike 2011

5. The real opportunity area is the south west and north central, not the ss or se.

6. Based on the current realities a muslim/muslim ticket should not be placed forward, i have changed my mind on the buhari/fashola ticket.

7. Buhari will be fortunate to get 10-15% of the SS +SE votes, only if the VP candidate is one of the current governors from that region.

i will suggest a buhari / oshiomole (not sure he is a christian though) or buhari / rochas.

with this, it is possible to obtain over 50% votes for the APC.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Kairoseki77: 2:24pm On May 05, 2013

Nobody wants Fashola or Oshimole as Vice President!

Why should proven performers become Vice President, and let a man that hasn't lead ANYTHING since the 1970's be in charge.
It doesn't make any sense.

Let's be honest, most VP picks are just for tribal reasons. The VP doesn't actually DO anything.
It would be pointless to waste talented people on such a worthless position.

I don't ever want to hear this Buhari/Fashola nonsense again. angry

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by instaforexngr(m): 2:28pm On May 05, 2013
Buhari!
Wetin, na by force to rule Nigeria.
u no dey tire!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by danny301: 2:29pm On May 05, 2013
djon78: if we sincerely want change in this country, people like fashola, oshiomole, akpabio who are the best performing governors should be those to be choosen by their respective parties as flagbearers, not people that will set us back or play ethnic/religious card.

What is your guarantee that the people you mentioned will not set us back or play ethnic/religious card?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by goldolu: 2:29pm On May 05, 2013
Oshiomole is still brooding over the council election blunder he made by rigging,he doesn't know how he will smoothen the scam, his talkativ nature cannot put him in any political position again in life, please let's look else where
nabiz: Where is somebody like oshiomole
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Kairoseki77: 2:30pm On May 05, 2013
Let's be clear.

Lagos State has 20 million inhabitants.
GEJ received 22 million votes and became President.
Fashola won Lagos state with 80% of the vote in 2011.

If Fashola brings Lagos State, and the entire South West, while TAKING AWAY those votes from GEJ, the election is finished.

APC will just need a few votes from the North to close the deal.

NOTE: I am talking about why Fashola should be picked, not Buhari. I think Buhari should go sit down.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by tinnymerit(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2013
Congrats to GEJ in advance,little wonder OBJ said PDP will rule naija for 60 yrs.Theres nothing tinubu can use to change the mind of the southern populace to vote for buhari.He has not done it before so how will he do it now?.It was idiagbon that ruled when he was the miltary president then,infact it was when idiagbon went to mecca that IBB toppled the govt.If he cant do it in unsophisticated environment i doubt it if he will do it in sophisticated condition.I think i have to name one of my sons Goodluck,the name is really working for him.congrats anyways.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Kairoseki77: 2:32pm On May 05, 2013
danny301:

What is your guarantee that the people you mentioned will not set us back or play ethnic/religious card?

Their track record of performance.

Buhari is an old fool and he needs to step down.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by onome25(m): 2:32pm On May 05, 2013
berem: I wonder how age has become a factor for becoming a president. Jonathan who is in his 50's, what has he done so far for the country? what has people like Dimeji Bankole, Farouk Lawan etc who i believe are in their 40's impacted in the lives of the Nigerian youth? Absolutely nothing! Corruption knows no age. Buhari should be given the opportunity to rule this country. Who cares if he is 100years? what Nigerians want is a true leader who will liberate this country from the hands of PDP.

SAI BUHARI 2015!
was it not u that was crying that malali was on fire that u need help?was it not u begging the cristian folks to come to ur aid when kd was on fire months back,
as for me,read my lips:myself ,family & nothern friends will NEVER! vote for any fulani in the north.FEAR IS IN THE HEAD NOT THE MIND.so it.s ur choice of buhari & not me living in the north.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1: [size=14pt]Why is it that each time BUHARI's name is mentioned as a possible Presidential candidate for APC, PDP lapdogs go dey sweat for "brocus" [/size] cool

Hmmm, is a BUHARI/FASHOLA ticket in the offering cool
I think its gonna be buhari/oshiomole though.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Kairoseki77: 2:34pm On May 05, 2013
saxywale:
I think its gonna be buhari/oshiomole though.

Buhari will NEVER be the APC canidate.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Pasca07: 2:34pm On May 05, 2013
Let me point it out clear to all the south east and south south that the yorubas are ready to vote for any candidates APC provide.hmmmmm the only solution for PDP is to rig d election or else APC will win come 2015.Even the middle belt are tired of PDP rule
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by tinnymerit(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2013
Michaeljones36: Let's be clear.

Lagos State has 20 million inhabitants.
GEJ received 18 million votes and became President.
Fashola won Lagos state with 80% of the vote in 2011.

If Fashola brings Lagos State, and the entire South West, while TAKING AWAY those votes from GEJ, the election is finished.

APC will just need a few votes from the North to close the deal.
And who told you everybody can be sheperd to vote for cruelty and bigot?.A dead lion GEJ is worse than a LIVING jACKAL of GMB.congrats to GEJ.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ddeola: 2:36pm On May 05, 2013
On point !
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by barrchy(f): 2:37pm On May 05, 2013
I have always been against buhari probably because of the violent tendency of some of his supporters and the way they carry on like presidency is their birthright. But recently I had from a top politician from the south east that Nigerian elites are afraid of buhari cos they know he'll sanitize the system,that made me pause in my dismissal of the man. Despite this buhari again for 2015 will not sell....he will loose, mayb with a smaller margin this time but loose he will. If the new party think the flag bearer must be a northerner then they have the big job of sourcing out that Person now and throwing their whole weight behind him so that we' ll get used to the idea of the person by 2015. If the person must not be a northerner I will vote fashola any time any day.....oshiomole is out of the question, and pls don't think NIgeria will leave PDP, rochas will make a Gud vice but ofcourse we know the north and their born to rule mentality...dont be surprised if u hear they are pulling out next year if a northerner doesn't get the ticket. It's unfortunate cos while they r dragging on the tribal war.....we would look for a better alternative to Jonathan n we wouldn't see and den 2011 will repeat itself.......GOd help NIgeria
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 05, 2013
I'm not really a fan of Buhari but age shouldn't be used against any contender..... So here are my take...

1..... If Buhari runs, we should watch out for who he picks as VICE-President... His Vice-president will determine whether we vote for him or not....

Buhari might be bereft of ideas but a brilliant, purposeful, and progressive Vice-President is what we should watch out for. This is because if we were to judge by history, Idiagbon felt like the president, even though Buhari was president during their military era....

2.... Buhari isn't coming to power to enrich himself, as he thinks he is closer to his maker ( bearing his age in mind)... He is sincerely coming back to repair his legacy and become a force of change. I think he genuinely wants to make Nigeria better and leave a good legacy for himself....

3.... Buhari is fearless and I think he will genuinely go after corrupt people. He will also ensure his ministers and administration aren't corrupt or less corrupt...

Lemme explain the implication of point 3........ The reason why Nigeria is massively underdeveloped is because 70% of budget earmarked for development are stolen.... If we have a leader that can reduce the 70% to say 30%, we will take over 50 million Nigerians out of poverty within 8 years.....

4....Buhari is now a changed man since he once ruled Nigeria. The ethnically and religiously biased man we once sculptured out of him isn't him any more... Yes, his statements were reckless after the election but he went to court and took the result in good gesture.

5... For people who are tired of northern leadership, there is nothing to worry or fear .... This is because we are in a democratic rule,a form of government where leadership is shared by all tribes..... An Igbo Presidency wont benefit a man from Enugu if his governor is inept. Likewise, a Yoruba president won't benefit a man from Osun if his governor is very incompetent.

I would have preferred Sanusi if I were to pick a candidate from the north, but Buhari is more popular in the north, He will have the vote of the north-east and north-west easily. If his vice-president can gather 2 more geo-region, they will be walking to Aso-rock.

Shekarau is eloquent, well-spoken but why I question him is when he briefly stopped the polio vaccination without proper research. If Oyinbo wanna get rid of all of us (our children), dem go do am quick quick.. grin grin grin grin grin ... We don't have our own research and development programs, neither do we make our drugs, (vaccination). He tried for Kano though and embarked on some infrastructural development.

If the north gives us a fair, ethnically unbiased, reasonable and progressive candidate, he will have our vote...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

REVEALED: How Jonathan’s Security Chiefs Bungled War Against Boko Haram / Buhari Attends Jumaat Service At Aso Rock Mosque With Saraki, Hameed Ali, Others / Biafra: Why Are Obasanjo, IBB, Others Not Talking On Agitation? – Doyin Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.