Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari (26540 Views)

APC Meeting To Pick Buhari’s Vice Ends In Deadlocked / APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by slimghost(m): 9:32am On May 05, 2013
Yes, yes, hip hip hip hurray!!!!!!! Whoa! What a good news. Landslide victory for GEJ. Hahahahahahahha. So happy

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Clerverly: 9:43am On May 05, 2013
For me, is either Buhari for president or i quit politics. Rhino., be realistic here, there is no other candidate capable of sending the killer party away from Aso Rock than the incorruptible, irrepressible and consistent Mohammadu Buhari. Please dont fall for the lapdogs antics, they already knew this, that is why you see them attacking Buhari left and right cos that is the major job thy are assigned to do here on NairaLand.

Another younger candidate can come, when Buhari must have laid the foundation. Lets support the only presidential Candidate with no baggage, god father, god mother, unrepentant crusader for eradication of corruption, one who naturally loves Nigeria.

Let us all say, Sai Buhari

14 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 10:02am On May 05, 2013
Gbawe are u really celebrating this?

if Buhari emerges APC candidate, PDP are smiling to the Bank

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 10:08am On May 05, 2013
why must buhari rule zis contiri @ all cost, is he z only honest ferson fo naijiriya? f he yamutu tody, zos it min honisty don yamutu fo naija b zat?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 10:09am On May 05, 2013
Buhari overthrew a democratically elected Government of Shagari

Buhari promised Tears and Blood and delivered on that promise

Buhari was nominated by Boko Haram as their spokes person

Buhari speaks more Hausa than English to prove his ethnic and regional alliances

Buhari is not innovative and knows nothing about 21st Century Governance

Buhari is Militarily Backgrounded, we do NOT need an ex-military anymore, their arrogance is astronomical.

Buhari at Mid 70s should reconcile with his Gods and think about Life after Dead instead of meddling with Politics. Nigeria's Future is for the young generation, a generation that Buhari is NOT part of, so he should allow the younger generations to decide their future. Buhari can not survive another 8yrs in the Presidency cos of the attendant stress of office, so I ask Buhari nicely, to retire and shed no more tears, no one actually wanna see a man in his 70s shedding tears cos of losing an election.

The fact, that the Merger Opposition can NOT provide an alternative to GEJ's PDP therefore speaks loudly of A LARGER SYSTEMIC FAILURE within the merger group. I therefore, admonish every intelligent Nigerian to shun a merger whose hierarchy are incapable of producing a VIABLE candidate amongst 170 million abled Nigerians.

Its a fat Shame.

13 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by solopumpy227: 10:13am On May 05, 2013
mikeansy: Gbawe are u really celebrating this?

My Brother you speaking for President Jonathan's PDP? You need to see the President's face whenever the name Buhari is mentioned. If Buhari democratically emerged as APC Presidential candidate in 2014 and all the APC stake-holders put in their very best into the campaign and election process then there will be a new occupant in Aso Rock 2015.

I AM WARY OF NEWS ABOUT APC COMING FROM TRIBUNE THE SAME WAY OF NEWS ABOUT PDP COMING FROM THE NATION
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 10:19am On May 05, 2013
solopumpy227:

My Brother you speaking for President Jonathan's PDP? You need to see the President's face whenever the name Buhari is mentioned. If Buhari democratically emerged as APC Presidential candidate in 2014 and all the APC stake-holders put in their very best into the campaign and election process then there will be a new occupant in Aso Rock 2015.

I AM WARY OF NEWS ABOUT APC COMING FROM TRIBUNE THE SAME WAY OF NEWS ABOUT PDP COMING FROM THE NATION

i wish u guys and Buhari luck,

I am not sure why you guys think you can keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

anyway I wish u guys luck
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 10:23am On May 05, 2013
mikeansy:

I am not sure why you guys think you can keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

I love that line, it evokes powerful thoughts. Doing the same thing again and again and again and expecting a different result is actually what is called "FOOLISHNESS"

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by holyvirgin: 10:39am On May 05, 2013
BwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by solopumpy227: 10:44am On May 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Buhari overthrew a democratically elected Government of Shagari

Buhari promised Tears and Blood and delivered on that promise

Buhari was nominated by Boko Haram as their spokes person

Buhari speaks more Hausa than English to prove his ethnic and regional alliances

Buhari is not innovative and knows nothing about 21st Century Governance

Buhari is Militarily Backgrounded, we do NOT need an ex-military anymore, their arrogance is astronomical.

Buhari at Mid 70s should reconcile with his Gods and think about Life after Dead instead of meddling with Politics. Nigeria's Future is for the young generation, a generation that Buhari is NOT part of, so he should allow the younger generations to decide their future. Buhari can not survive another 8yrs in the Presidency cos of the attendant stress of office, so I ask Buhari nicely, to retire and shed no more tears, no one actually wanna see a man in his 70s shedding tears cos of losing an election.

The fact, that the Merger Opposition can NOT provide an alternative to GEJ's PDP therefore speaks loudly of A LARGER SYSTEM FAILURE within the merger group. I therefore, admonish every intelligent Nigerian to shun a merger whose hierarchy are incapable of producing a VIABLE candidate amongst 170 million abled Nigerians.

Its a fat Shame.

*PANIC MODE ACTIVATED BY PDP, GEJ AND ALL LAPDOGS*
Buhari's name never dissapoints. It sends out fear down the spines of looters, killers, and rogues.

Mr Billionaeir why are you showing so much care for the APC, we all know they are opponents of your party PDP. Could it be you are that patriotic?

If there is any name that make these people loose sleep and appetite, the name remains Buhari.
The oppositions should realise many of us looking up to them for possible better option dont trust TINUBU but understand, perfectly, what Buhari has, consistently, stood for.

However, Buhari emergence MUST BE DEMOCRATIC. Like Buhari has said everyone who believes they have something to offer MUST BE ALLOWED to test their popularity agaisnt GMB.

GMB has his strength and weaknesses. We all already know his strong points but the weaknesses MUST BE TACKLED AS A MATTER OF PRIORITY.

* APC needs to start compilling photo, video and print evidences of GMB stands on national issues since 1999.
* There is need for a special task-force (GMB EXPLAINS) comprising of very intelligent and honest individuals to work on GMB image in the SS and SE. The common people in these regions (at the grassroot) need to be spoken to by GMB. I will recommend that this should be a town-hall setting where the General will entertain all questions, any questions especially on all the MISREPRESENTATIONS that have been done to his name by successive PDP Govts. GMB can start the visits to the zones now - the North and the Southwest are already in the basket. Several visits to the zones will change the perception of many reasoanble people from this zones

I for one will vote GMB or any other Presidential candidate endorsed by him.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Iykopee(m): 10:44am On May 05, 2013
berem: I wonder how age has become a factor for becoming a president. Jonathan who is in his 50's, what has he done so far for the country? what has people like Dimeji Bankole, Farouk Lawan etc who i believe are in their 40's impacted in the lives of the Nigerian youth? Absolutely nothing! Corruption knows no age. Buhari should be given the opportunity to rule this country. Who cares if he is 100years? what Nigerians want is a true leader who will liberate this country from the hands of PDP.

SAI BUHARI 2015!

Age is not a factor becos politics is involved but it becomes a factor in d civil service. Well done for having a lopsided judgement that's typical of nigerians.. Its beta to look for a performing governor from APC platform dan vie for a man that has reached the twilight of his political career.. Wiseness is a common gift.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by solopumpy227: 10:52am On May 05, 2013
mikeansy:

Thsnk you my Brother for your love and concern. We are actually taking to your advice and trying a new option that is why we are going for the popular ANTI-CORRUPTION brand. We have tried all PDP options to date and dont you think we should give GMB option a try?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by nduchucks: 10:57am On May 05, 2013
I sincerely hope that this news is accurate. Most of us would like proven performers such as Fashola and others to become our next President, but I am sorry to say that even the most progressive of them will be unable to function effectively given the deep rooted, institutionalized corruption, which exist in the country.

Truth be told, we need a selfless, fearless, and upright Buhari to help cleanse the system and make way for the kind of leader we deserve, four years later. One does not need to be a genius to see this.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by badassnigga(m): 11:34am On May 05, 2013
gud news
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by tarryT(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2013
Hahahahahaehehehehe....lmao.. "progresive" opposition,.. PICKS.. After them go they screem for internal democracy in political parties.. Una for even say DASH..

This is goodnews for PDP and GEJ.. Easy win.

Fresh air till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Rhino5dm: 11:43am On May 05, 2013
Clerverly: For me, is either Buhari for president or i quit politics. Rhino., be realistic here, there is no other candidate capable of sending the killer party away from Aso Rock than the incorruptible, irrepressible and consistent Mohammadu Buhari. Please dont fall for the lapdogs antics, they already knew this, that is why you see them attacking Buhari left and right cos that is the major job thy are assigned to do here on NairaLand.

I'm much concern with planning and achieving results. You sure know about PDCA system management cycle right? Like I said some few months back, Buhari cannot win elections in present day Nigeria, his sure bet is to foot-dragged the election into second round which will then be decided by simple majority.

You have to understand that sentiments, ethnic and religious factors are more central to winning elections in Nigeria which are unfortunately the greatest huddle against Buhari. As far as am concerned and ofcourse with my knowledge of northern politics, Buhari can never win election in northern Nigeria let alone Nigeria at large even if he should contest against the likes of Atiku. It doesn't require you to be a rocket scientist to know that Buhari is not even accepted across the board in northern Nigeria.

Another younger candidate can come, when Buhari must have laid the foundation. Lets support the only presidential Candidate with no baggage, god father, god mother, unrepentant crusader for eradication of corruption, one who naturally loves Nigeria.

Why can't Buhari play a fatherly role? why can't Fashola, Adams or Rochas Okorocha be handed the party ticket? These young lads have shown that they can lead effectively.

For me, I see it as an insult to 180 million sensible Nigerians that only Buhari holds the magic stick to turn around things for good. I don't mind Fashola or Rochas or Adams contesting and losing, its all part of PLAN - DO - CHECK - ACT cycle.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by 1MCN: 11:58am On May 05, 2013
Odinma. K'anyi n'agakwa n'ubi ka ji n'aka.
Chukwu gozie Naijiria na ndi ya.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by EkoIle1: 12:03pm On May 05, 2013
If true, not really a bad move....
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by victorD3: 12:04pm On May 05, 2013
Clerverly: For me, is either Buhari for president or i quit politics. Rhino., be realistic here, there is no other candidate capable of sending the killer party away from Aso Rock than the incorruptible, irrepressible and consistent Mohammadu Buhari. Please dont fall for the lapdogs antics, they already knew this, that is why you see them attacking Buhari left and right cos that is the major job thy are assigned to do here on NairaLand.

How many times will Buhari try to send them to jail and fail? That man was even too old 10 years ago.

BTW start drying your ground nut seed because you will sure leave politics for farming
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by vanstanzy(m): 12:08pm On May 05, 2013
Why, O why do my people keep making this mistake of Buhari? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Akanbiedu(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2013
I think you are wrong Rhino. Buhari got 12 million votes against Jonathan's 18 million in the last general election even with anti-north sentiment in the SW. The anti-north sentiment is no longer strong in the SW except Jo na tan pulled a Boko stunt in SW.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by vanstanzy(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2013
lakhadimar: AS FAR AS I AM CONCERND APC, PDP, CPC, DPP, APGA, RPG, BSC, NTA, LLB, LP, HIV, ARE ALL ONE AND THE SAME THEY ARE ALL THIEVES. IS BUHARI EVEN THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB? NIGERIA NEEDS FRESH BLOOD AND FRESH IDEA IN ITS POLITICAL TERRAIN, NOT ALL THESE OLD ROGUES

Gbam! Ur head dey there. grin
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 05, 2013
APC = CPC.
get that in your head
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 05, 2013
1MCN: Odinma. K'anyi n'agakwa n'ubi ka ji n'aka.
Chukwu gozie Naijiria na ndi ya.

Uche gi diya nwanne!!!!!!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Toktee(m): 12:27pm On May 05, 2013
Bigcake: Atleast i will now have the second opportunity of seeing an old Aboki crying again, lamenting to Nigerians dat Presidency is his birthright. 73yr old man for president? Tahhhh. U want die like Yaradua?
Ewu,onukwu,do you mean yaradua died because of old age,y must you think with your anu.s,,at 73YRS buhari think more straight than you,he has a vision you don't,maybe you will die before he will be sworn in,foooooool

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by funnyx(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2013
solopumpy227:

*PANIC MODE ACTIVATED BY PDP, GEJ AND ALL LAPDOGS*
Buhari's name never dissapoints. It sends out fear down the spines of looters, killers, and rogues.

Mr Billionaeir why are you showing so much care for the APC, we all know they are opponents of your party PDP. Could it be you are that patriotic?

If there is any name that make these people loose sleep and appetite, the name remains Buhari.
The oppositions should realise many of us looking up to them for possible better option dont trust TINUBU but understand, perfectly, what Buhari has, consistently, stood for.

However, Buhari emergence MUST BE DEMOCRATIC. Like Buhari has said everyone who believes they have something to offer MUST BE ALLOWED to test their popularity agaisnt GMB.

GMB has his strength and weaknesses. We all already know his strong points but the weaknesses MUST BE TACKLED AS A MATTER OF PRIORITY.

* APC needs to start compilling photo, video and print evidences of GMB stands on national issues since 1999.
* There is need for a special task-force (GMB EXPLAINS) comprising of very intelligent and honest individuals to work on GMB image in the SS and SE. The common people in these regions (at the grassroot) need to be spoken to by GMB. I will recommend that this should be a town-hall setting where the General will entertain all questions, any questions especially on all the MISREPRESENTATIONS that have been done to his name by successive PDP Govts. GMB can start the visits to the zones now - the North and the Southwest are already in the basket. Several visits to the zones will change the perception of many reasoanble people from this zones

I for one will vote GMB or any other Presidential candidate endorsed by him.

Nice one! A lot of misconceptions about Buhari need to be corrected and the best way to do this is to connect with ordinary voters just as you posted above.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Gbawe: 12:38pm On May 05, 2013
mikeansy: Gbawe are u really celebrating this?

Have I given any opinion for you to conclude what I am thinking? Suffice to say my support of the APC is not an emotional, flimsy, conditional or egotistic one. If the APC stakeholders democratically choose Buhari then I am behind them completely. As simple as that.

All I will say to you and others is that it is very arrogant, since you are not qualified stakeholder, to insist on who a Party present or does not present. Doing that is in itself a lack of respect for the free and legitimate choice of others. If you don't agree with the choice stakeholders make democratically, as they are fully entitled to, then simply support whoever you want to. No long thing, no insults and no fight.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by slimghost(m): 12:41pm On May 05, 2013
Toktee: Ewu,onukwu,do you mean yaradua died because of old age,y must you think with your anu.s,,at 73YRS buhari think more straight than you,he has a vision you don't,may you will die before he will sworn in,foooooool

Stop sounding hysterical! Nigerians will decide come 2015! Sai GEJ
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 05, 2013
Gbawe:

Have I given any opinion for you to conclude what I am thinking? Suffice to say my support of the APC is not an emotional, flimsy, conditional or egotistic one. If the APC stakeholders democratically choose Buhari then I am behind them completely. As simple as that.

All I will say to you and others is that it is very arrogant, since you are not qualified stakeholder, to insist on who a Party present or does not present. Doing that is in itself a lack of respect for the free and legitimate choice of others. If you don't agree with the choice stakeholders make democratically, as they are fully entitled to, then simply support whoever you want to. No long thing, no insults and no fight.

my brother please take it easy . . . .please recognise the question mark (?) in my comment and what it means . . .

BTW not quite sure what is democratic about the selection of a candidate when the party is yet to even hold a convention

see attack because I asked a mere question, the so called progressive opposition is clearly no better than the incumbent!

lol Happy Sunday my brother
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Gbawe: 1:05pm On May 05, 2013
mikeansy:

my brother please take it easy . . . .please recognise the question mark (?) in my comment and what it means . . . Happy Sunday

I mean no disrespect either and have not attacked you but I really don't like you choice of word i.e "celebrating". It is not a case of that at all. All genuinely sophisticated political minds humbly defer to the democratic choice of any Party they support or, if unable to do so, go elsewhere. Those empowered to do so in a political Party , and not me and you, choose candidates. Genuine members and supporters then have the option of getting behind the victor or going elsewhere. It is as fundamentally simple as that.

Buhari has said he will contest if he is the democratic choice of his Party. He has pledged to step down if the Party election process throws up a better candidate. What more can the man do? It would seem people like you want the man bullied out when he is fully entitled to democratically test his popularity. If stakeholder believe in him then you should too if your are a genuine supporter of APC and believe, all things taken into account, the Party is the better 'devil'.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 05, 2013
Just in case you did not notice

The article you posted says Buhari has been picked!

even your own headline says the same!

Gbawe:

I mean no disrespect either and have not attacked you but I really don't like you choice of word i.e "celebrating". It is not a case of that at all. All genuinely sophisticated political minds humbly defer to the democratic choice of any Party they support or, if unable to do so, go elsewhere. Those empowered to do so in a political Party , and not me and you, choose candidates. Genuine members and supporters then have the option of getting behind the victor or going elsewhere. It is as fundamentally simple as that.

Buhari has said he will contest if he is the democratic choice of his Party. He has pledged to step down if the Party election process throws up a better candidate. What more can the man do? It would seem people like you want the man bullied out when he is fully entitled to democratically test his popularity. If stakeholder believe in him then you should too if your are a genuine supporter of APC and believe, all things taken into account, the Party is the better 'devil'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo: Rivers State PDP, APC & LP Governorship Candidates Laugh & Hold Hands / Supreme Court: APC Stages Counter-Protest In Abuja / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.