Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake (21156 Views)

Photos: Killing Of Twins In Fct (Gwagwaladagist.com) / Monarch, Emmanuel Onyeike-Efeizomor, Sleeps With Snake For 5 Days / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2013
Chidera Favour:

nothin wll happen d person my broda am frm Anambra n we kill all sort of snake in our community.snake is just lik oda livin organism placed under man's dominion durin creation story and it has not 2 b exemted frm killn.
@op. If at all dt d pastor went 2 kill d snake in dea shrine I could hv blame d pastor bt he killed d snake inside his own private house.wht is dea god lookn 4 in anoda person's private lif? A pastor 4 dt matta light n darkness has notin 2 share in common.even in Nigerian law dere is a way u wll kill a human being it wll become a self defence talkn more of ordinary snake...pls d pastor was defendn his family jooh!

and were was his house His house was in the domain of the Idemilli Serpent. If he wanted he could kill it outside and no one would bother, but he did it on sacred soil where the SPirit of the Serpent resides. angry angry angry angry
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Mortiple(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2013
Every_LadY:

I use to have some respect for this handle.Am sure u are from Anambra,and u are a professing member of a church denomination,but ur comparison here eludes my intelligence.Ur outburst against the pastor's action inexplicable.I weep for the next generation of Nigerians.
I share your sentiment bro! She used to be one lady I practically fell in love with even without seeing her in person or picture (for real). I really don't know what went wrong.

By the way, she is NOT from Anambra State; was once a Christian.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 07, 2013
ItsModella:
Exactly. If you like be a Christian from now till thy kingdom come, if you kill an idemili python, you must accord to it the burial rites of a human being; coffin, grave and all.
WTF?? Buy a coffin for a snake? Give it burial rites like a human? ITSMODELLA Be enlightened my dear and come out of darkness.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by softy(m): 2:06pm On May 07, 2013
ItsModella: The specie of python in question is small unlike the long, scary ones seen at zoos and forests. So y'all should chill on the exaggerations.

Hey sista, leave that one oooooo!

Python as a snake is a constrictor.....u can google it......whether small specie or big one, they are willed to suffocate their prey at any time t.

What dyu know about snake self I really want to know!........dont give me craps on Dstv NatGeo!
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2013
NAIRALANDAKPU: WTF?? Buy a coffin for a snake? Give it burial rites like a human? ITSMODELLA Be enlightened my dear and come out of darkness.

whats so dark abou that. That is the culture of the area. If you go to saudi arabia , you have to cover yourself up in a black tent. that is the culture there so shut up.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 2:08pm On May 07, 2013
saviola77:

Some years ago someone told me that there are only few true christians from the east; comments on this thread seem to confirm that. I will never for the life of me understand why people still hold on to silly traditions, even people who should know better. undecided

I.D.I.O.T! WHAT IS SILLY ABOUT THE TRADITION? HAVENT U HEARD ABOUT LIVE AND LET LIVE? THE PYTHON WILL NEVER HARM ANYONE, THE PASTOR KNOWS THE TRADITION FORBIDS KILLING OF PYTHON YET HE DID, SO LET HIM FACE THE MUSIC.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:08pm On May 07, 2013
softy:

Python as a snake is a constrictor.....u can google it......whether small specie or big one, they are willed to suffocate their prey at any time t.

What dyu know about snake self I really want to know!........dont give me craps on Dstv NatGeo!

YOU SIR! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE IDEMILLI SNAKE?! CMON SHARE WITH US OR SHUT UP!

EKE IDEMILLI IS HARMLESS! EVEN A CHILD KNOWS THAT! a child ëspecially" since they keep children company. .
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:11pm On May 07, 2013
[size=32pt]ALL IGNORANT XTIANS MAKING RUDE COMMENTS AGAINST THE SNAKE, PLEASE REFER TO THIS THREAD FIRST:[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1102850/mystery-idemili-culture

LEARN ABOUT THE IDEMILLI SERPENT FIRST AND THEN TALK! angry angry angry angry
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 07, 2013
softy:

Excuse me? I have already told you what I know about Eke Idemili, what do YOU know?

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by subnormal: 2:12pm On May 07, 2013
Lilimax: I come from Anambra state and in Anambra state, they don't kill PYTHON to be precise.
They kill everyother snake except python.
The snake does not bite people. I grew up to meet this tradition but when asked they said it is a
sacrilege to kill python.
Provided it does not bite me, I move on.
Let them perish with their tradition and belief sad sad.

WHat you are trying to say is that you wld wait to be bitten by a snake before attempting to kill it....am not sure that is very reasonable. The venom wld av paralyzed you before you had the chance to strike back. Back to the pastor, he did what any right thinking man will if his family is threatened.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 07, 2013
mr

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Crosbyy(f): 2:14pm On May 07, 2013
Hmmmmmm. was just passing
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by softy(m): 2:14pm On May 07, 2013
saintneo: EKE NEKWA ONYE UKA ~ PYTHON, CHRISTIAN HERE

I was born and raised in Anambra, I have always known of this tradition in Anambra. These snakes visit home stay with children without harming them. I have never heard of a case where there was injury or death as a result of this snake. In my place in Enugu, there is snake we don't kill as well ~ Awgo Ocha(White Snake) usually small in size.

Somehow, there seems to be an equilibrium between these snakes and their communities. It is the same equilibrium we have with other animals like dogs. Also, these snakes could be endangered species.

I'm against the killing of this snake. Firstly, this snake was sleeping in the children's room. For the snake to be sleeping, it means the snake had being there for longer period without harming anyone. Why didn't the pastor secure his children first before seeking its destruction? Why didn't the pastor show any mercy?

There are some situations in life u will find ur self and in terms of safety, then ur instincts will work better.....especially when it comes to ur lovely children.

Stop blaming the pastor jooor!
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by highchief3(m): 2:18pm On May 07, 2013
I understand how people that are not from the east or have not lived in the east feel about this and no amount of grammar will explain it however finding python in houses is a common thing in these communities, the pastor had other options on how to deal with it instead killing it.

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 2:18pm On May 07, 2013
subnormal:

WHat you are trying to say is that you wld wait to be bitten by a snake before attempting to kill it....am not sure that is very reasonable. The venom wld av paralyzed you before you had the chance to strike back. Back to the pastor, he did what any right thinking man will if his family is threatened.

MU.MU IT WILL NEVER NEVER HARM ANYONE FROM ANAMBRA. IF IT COMES TO UR HOUSE AND U DONT WANT IT, U SIMPLY USE STICK AND TAKE IT TO THE BUSH. AND THROW AWAY THE STICK WITH IT COS IF U TAKE IT BACK, IT WILL SURELY RETURN. IF U STAY IN ANAMBRA U HAVE TO BEHAVE LIKE ANAMBRARIANS. (IF I GO TO ROME DO LIKE ROMANS) kapish?

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Tinyemeka(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2013
yuzedo: Saw the title and assumed it was one of these overzealous, "charging" pastors trying to prove a point to his followers, sorta like what went down in Umuofia (Things Fall Apart), but the way this man put the story, he might be the one wronged, though i don't completely believe his account. This account might just be to garner public sympathy when in reality he might have been boasting and proving strong-head instead of fulfilling traditional rites that predate him.

Certain snakes are not killed because i'm sure preservation was infused in tradition simply to ensure their specie do not go extinct.

If you can't observe a community's laws, move the FUCKKK out. Cos i'm sure if they asked him to pay fine in America, he'll be agile about it. If they brutalized him for securing his family however, then it is most unfortunate.

Dude! Where's your grammar? sad
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 07, 2013
softy:

There are some situations in life u will find ur self and in terms of safety, then ur instincts will work better.....especially when it comes to ur lovely children.

The deed has been done, let the pastor carry out the customary rite of atonement...haba!! he's not the first to unknowingly kill an Idemili python and I doubt he'll be the last.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by subnormal: 2:21pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

I.D.I.O.T! WHAT IS SILLY ABOUT THE TRADITION? HAVENT U HEARD ABOUT LIVE AND LET LIVE? THE PYTHON WILL NEVER HARM ANYONE, THE PASTOR KNOWS THE TRADITION FORBIDS KILLING OF PYTHON YET HE DID, SO LET HIM FACE THE MUSIC.

THe idemili is harmless, agreed, but do you know that some specie of snake have large territories making it difficult to determine if the snake is in fact frm the town. What will you have done if the Pastor had watched the python devour is family because it is supposedly harmless. Will the idemili god bring his family back to life?
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Godmann(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2013
In Anambra, they have villages that do not kill snake. Even in Europe, you cannot kill animals like that.

Our culture must be respected unless when it goes contrary to reason.

I am sick of Ignorant Christians who hardly know they difference between their right and the left hand dictating our what is acceptable and what is not in our tradition.

Bleep stupid senseless copy-carts in the name of Civilisation.

I have witnessed so many crude European Cultures; yet the Brainwashed fools here will never understand the world we are in

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 2:23pm On May 07, 2013
softy:

AS AN Igbo man, IF U SEE IDEMMILI, THE FIRST THING THAT COMES IN YA MIND IS NEVER HARM IT. IT IS HARMLESS.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by subnormal: 2:24pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

MU.MU IT WILL NEVER NEVER HARM ANYONE FROM ANAMBRA. IF IT COMES TO UR HOUSE AND U DONT WANT IT, U SIMPLY USE STICK AND TAKE IT TO THE BUSH. AND THROW AWAY THE STICK WITH IT COS IF U TAKE IT BACK, IT WILL SURELY RETURN. IF U STAY IN ANAMBRA U HAVE TO BEHAVE LIKE ANAMBRARIANS. (IF I GO TO ROME DO LIKE ROMANS) kapish?

Won't hurt anyone frm Anambra...how do you know the pastor and his wife are both frm Anambra? A snake is a wild animal that shld be put down if it comes too close kapish
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by softy(m): 2:28pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

YOU SIR! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE IDEMILLI SNAKE?! CMON SHARE WITH US OR SHUT UP!

EKE IDEMILLI IS HARMLESS! EVEN A CHILD KNOWS THAT! a child ëspecially" since they keep children company. .

Hmmmm, I ve been following all ur posts for many years on many threads on Nairaland.

U are very quick to abuse, disrespect and distrupt peace, just a few!

why did u say i should shut up Is that how u talk to ur father at home??

How can u stay behind ekforum raining abuses on an undisclosed person.

Henceforth, i will not talk to u again, and if care is not carefully taken, I CAN SEND UR PAGAN GODS TO TERMINATE U FASTER THAN U THINK, unless U CHANGE!.....NOTE: U ARE NOT THE FIRST TO BE DEALT WITH AND I BELIEVE U WON'T BE THE LAST.

WATCH UR TONGUE!!

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 2:28pm On May 07, 2013
subnormal:

THe idemili is harmless, agreed, but do you know that some specie of snake have large territories making it difficult to determine if the snake is in fact frm the town. What will you have done if the Pastor had watched the python devour is family because it is supposedly harmless. Will the idemili god bring his family back to life?

HE IS AN IGBO MAN, WHAT WE DO IS JUST FIND STICK AND SIMPLY TAKE IT TO THE BUSH. HE DELIBERATELY KILLED IT AND THAT ANGERED THE PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Lilimax(f): 2:30pm On May 07, 2013
subnormal:

WHat you are trying to say is that you wld wait to be bitten by a snake before attempting to kill it....am not sure that is very reasonable.
This python is not hostile. You will see them going about on their own like any other domestic animals.
The only thing is that it lives in the bush
Why trying to kill something that does not attack you

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Costa2000(m): 2:31pm On May 07, 2013
My town is 5mins drive from Nnobi which is in Idemili so be it Eke Idemili or whatever,Python is python.In my town it is a taboo to kill python but now many ppl do kill python in my town,It is only the pagan that worship python in my town,they call it their god,we started killing python when we saw one python feeding on eggs.Pythons do feeds on eggs,chickens and rats,so for those that believe that python is their god u better feed ur god.Am a Christain so python can never ever be my God.Even some ppl from Enugu that lives in my town do eat the python sef,for my town python de run enter bush cos na better meat to some ppl.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by EveryLadY(f): 2:31pm On May 07, 2013
Mortiple: I share your sentiment bro! She used to be one lady I practically fell in love with even without seeing her in person or picture (for real). I really don't know what went wrong.

By the way, she is NOT from Anambra State; was once a Christian.

Bros I tire o! it is in instances like this that we know what people really stands for.its a free world I know but do not be hypocritical.make bold to rep ur constituency anytime be it paganism or Christianity. no siting on the fence.today am here,tomorrow am there things.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 2:31pm On May 07, 2013
subnormal:

Won't hurt anyone frm Anambra...how do you know the pastor and his wife are both frm Anambra? A snake is a wild animal that shld be put down if it comes too close kapish

OYA GO SAVE THE PASTOR NAU. grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by EveryLadY(f): 2:33pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

HE IS AN IGBO MAN, WHAT WE DO IS JUST FIND STICK AND SIMPLY TAKE IT TO THE BUSH. HE DELIBERATELY KILLED IT AND THAT ANGERED THE PEOPLE.

spare us this explanation and argue intelligibly.U come face to face with danger,what will ur natural instinct tell u?Find stick?
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Les: 2:35pm On May 07, 2013
vxtr: . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Never knew such backward community still exist in this century.
shut da fork up, nigga.... There's no group of ppl in this country with a self made wealth than d anambrians. The community u call backward is d community of the renowned writer, Chinua Achebe, How many ppl from ur own community can u compare with dat Icon??cardinal arinze is from idemmili too. If i mention names of personalities in 9ja from dat community, u'll renounce ur own... Just grow up, kid!

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 2:36pm On May 07, 2013
Every_LadY:

spare us this explanation and argue intelligibly.U come face to face with danger,what will ur natural instinct tell u?Find stick?

I REPEAT, IT WILL NEVER HARM.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by MrResource(m): 2:36pm On May 07, 2013
Ogojohn: the person who killed the snake by mistake will only lay a green leave or a white cloth as a mark of honour to to snake., Please mind you this is for only Eke Idemili .

The person didnt know that.He flung it to the nearby bush.Itz a pity embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

I REPEAT, IT WILL NEVER HARM.
That's the part they obviously do not get.

danger ko, danger ni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.