Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? (3444 Views)

Why Do Guys Prefer Ladies With Big Bosom? / Ladies: How Long Before You Accept A Wooing Guy? / Why Do Guys Prefer Sluts To Decent Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by yicob(m): 1:57am On Apr 18, 2008
I RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT GUYS NO LONGER RUSH INTO MARRIAGE UNLIKE PAST DECADES. IT WOULD AMAZE YOU TO SEE MEN OF 35 YEARS UPWARD STILL ATTACHING SINGLE TO THEIR STATUS.

WHATS REALLY HAPPENING?
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Millionair(m): 5:32am On Apr 18, 2008
yicob:

I RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT GUYS NO LONGER RUSH INTO MARRIAGE UNLIKE PAST DECADES. IT WOULD AMAZE YOU TO SEE MEN OF 35 YEARS UPWARD STILL ATTACHING SINGLE TO THEIR STATUS.

WHATS REALLY HAPPENING?

I think one main factor that is causing this is Economic Factor. For one to marry in Nigeria, he ought to have enough money.

In summary Poverty is the major cause. Simple! grin tongue shocked
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by StephenP(m): 5:33am On Apr 18, 2008
Marriage isn't something you rush into. I think guys are now looking before they leap, as cliche as that sounds.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by chudy(m): 11:44am On Apr 18, 2008
well i think it has to do with a lot more than just economic situation. Guys are not ready to commit dem sef so easy these days. Unlike Ladies that have a time machine that ticks away, guys don't, as they can marry at anytime they wish even at age 70.

but Yicob my guy, this one wey u dey ask, abi u go soon marry. by the way shey molade wedding na dis weekend?
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by almondjoy(f): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2008
All the better kpa kpa!  Instead of deceiving themselves and others into "sham" marriages. They might as well keep jumping from pussy to pussy like their mascot 2Face Idibia, till they die so the serious ones can be easily spotted.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by yicob(m): 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2008
hey chudy,

where u dey all this while?

saturday na molade wedding oooooo. u go come?

by the way, u no dey shame? those wey u leave for school don dey wed, u still they out there they claim single.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2008
Marriage should be for men who have the means to provide for a woman and subsequently his babies.
Any jobless,unemployed,unemployable,under-employed,living with mama or career student of a man has no business thinking of marriage.

If he lives abroad and has a bad credit,that's also a no no.
We want husbands not liabilities. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by tiijay: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2008
i don know because we like long theme hunts
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2008
@topic

no money naaaaaaaaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by merge(f): 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2008
I agree with almondjoy.

I will not marry a man that is too old.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Adeksdave: 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2008
what is d big deal about marriage?most married men i know f--koutside marriage like they were not ready for marraige when they went into it.may be the guys that stay long are the guys that know what it means.i am 29 amd not married but in a serious relationship.when i decide to marry i will be marrying the last peice of pussy i will ever f--k,i will not get angry and hit out at my wife,i will hold and honour her,i will be her best friend,i will love her in December as much as i love her in March,i won't marry because i want someone to f--k,wash the dishes,produce babies,or because the soceity expects me to marry.Marriege is a serious bussiness not a try your luck stuff.How many married men still write poems for their wives,still make love to them three times in a week,drive her to the hair stylist or even give her ahug when in actual fact he feels like kicking her teeth in after just ten years of marriage?i think guys should only marry when they are financially,sexually,emotionally and psychologically ready. smiley smiley smiley smiley  Life is beautiful.Peace,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 12:11am On Jun 18, 2008
The reason is that men of nowadays prefer to be playboys and not fathers. They prefer to be free and single when they don't realize that they can be free and married. Also, they believe they can't find good women, when it is that good guys are so hard to find.
There are many reasons - but the koko of the matter is that guys of our generation are not serious or mature enough to start thinking marriage. It's very very sad. By the time, they start thinking about it - most of them reach the age of 30 or thereabout.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 12:14am On Jun 18, 2008
j-girl:

The reason is that men of nowadays prefer to be playboys and not fathers. They prefer to be free and single when they don't realize that they can be free and married. Also, they believe they can't find good women, when it is that good guys are so hard to find.
There are many reasons - but the koko of the matter is that guys of our generation are not serious or mature enough to start thinking marriage. It's very very sad. By the time, they start thinking about it - most of them reach the age of 30 or thereabout.

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! Not again.
Don't u ever get tired bashing Nigerian men?

What about the financial aspect of things?
Geezers need to stash paper in their accounts before thinking of marriage.
What are u gonna eat in marriage? Love n Lust? grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 12:19am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! Not again.
Don't u ever get tired bashing Nigerian men?

What about the financial aspect of things?
Geezers need to stash paper in their accounts before thinking of marriage.
What are u going to eat in marriage? Love n Lust? grin cheesy
Don't you ever get tired of bashing Naija women and defending the action of some idiotic naija men?
The financial aspect is all a cover. I've heard of stories where the man starts making his money along with his wife by his side.
Behind every successful man is a woman so why must a man strive to be successful b4 his woman?
What will make one survive thru hard times is the love of his woman.
The best way to secure that love is thru marriage!
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 12:27am On Jun 18, 2008
j-girl:

Don't you ever get tired of bashing Naija women and defending the action of some idiotic naija men?
The financial aspect is all a cover. I've heard of stories where the man starts making his money along with his wife by his side.
Behind every successful man is a woman so why must a man strive to be successful before his woman?
What will make one survive through hard times is the love of his woman.
The best way to secure that love is through marriage!

How can the financial aspect be a cover?
Somebody like u especially will attract a bride price of about $30,000(Secondary school in Lagos, University in Havard) grin cheesy
Where do u expect a potenial Naija geezer to cough that out from?

Besides, men have outlined goals to achieve before walking the aisle with any woman.
What have u got to say to that?
A man needs a house, 2 cars and loads of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in your savings.
It ain't EASYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 12:33am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

How can the financial aspect be a cover?
Somebody like u especially will attract a bride price of about $30,000(Secondary school in Lagos, University in Havard) grin cheesy
Where do u expect a potenial Naija geezer to cough that out from?

Besides, men have outlined goals to achieve before walking the aisle with any woman.
What have u got to say to that?
A man needs a house, 2 cars and loads of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in your savings.
It ain't EASYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
It's a cover most of the time!
Lol - $30,000 cannot cover my shoes sef - not to talk of my person grin grin At least $200,000 should be right grin grin grin

Yeah he needs all that - but it's not possible for a guy to make all that and then say he's ready for marriage.
What if he makes his big money at 50?
The woman should not marry then?
Just admit it - guys of our generation are still enjoying the single life of playing girls up and down and smashing their hearts.
The olden days - it was get a job and then get a wife not make money and then get a wife.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 12:45am On Jun 18, 2008
@ J-girl,

There are so many reasons men prefer to stay long before jumping into marriages.

Men want their freedom. Men are extremely independent by nature.
How many times in the last 3 years has your boy/f come to u to whine like a toddler about this back pain and that neck pain? grin cheesy
We love to make our own decisions and run our lives by our own rules.
Someone like me want to do what i want when i want.

But, as soon as a woman enters the picture, all the options a guy used to take for granted(going out to pub to shoot pool, buying gadgets, playing footie with buddies on saturday mornings) suddenly have to be cleared with her first.
Women being evil creatures will always answer NO to many of those requests. Puhleeeeeeeaze, how many guys cherish that?
Almost overnight, men find themselves "trapped in their spouses' closets".
It's fuckery. tongue cry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 12:59am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

@ J-girl,

There are so many reasons why men prefer to stay long before jumping into marriages.

Men want their freedom. Men are extremely independent by nature.
How many times in the last 3 years has your boy/f come to u to whine like a toddler about this back pain and that neck pain? grin cheesy
We love to make our own decisions and run our lives by our own rules.
Someone like me want to do what i want when i want.

But, as soon as a woman enters the pictures, all the options a guy used to take for granted(going out to pub to shoot pool, buying gadgets, playing footie with buddies on saturday mornings) suddenly have to be cleared with her first.
Women being evil creatures will always answer NO to many of those requests. Puhleeeeeeeaze, how many guys cherish that?
Almost overnight, men find themselves "trapped in their spouses' closets".
It's fuckery. tongue cry
Ehn - let them never marry now!
My boyfriend doesn't do that and i really hate the fact that he's that independent. It's not always a good thing. angry tongue
If he's being too independent - it means he doesn't need me in his life for anything apart from shagging cry cry cry

Do what you want, when you want and never get married!
Are you saying that men get married when they wanna be dependent?
Men need to grow up and stop playing footie in the mornings. They need to warm their wives up in bed instead of playing those games with the guys smiley
There's something called compromise - make a deal b4 marriage and talk about the habits you're cutting out.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by tope2000(f): 1:02am On Jun 18, 2008
wives are expensive nowadays.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 1:07am On Jun 18, 2008
@ J-girl,

It's not that simple. grin grin grin grin
Besides, the freedom bit is just 10% of the reasons why men delay the big step.
Your boyfriend is like every other REAL man out there. I must admit there are many cry-babies but who needs a toddler? tongue tongue

Anyways, anutha critical point is the way women see this marriage thingy with their rose-tinted specs.
Many women look at marriage through Cinderella eyes . . .  for them, putting a ring on their fingers means that we will magically solve all their problems, from childhood issues with their fathers to huge shopping debts incurred on credit cards, to fixing their broken acrylic nails. cheesy grin

Women often submerge their true personalities and agendas until the knot is tied . . .  but when the truth comes out and then we find ourselves legally bound to a greedy, nagging bitch, it's too late. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by StephenP(m): 1:10am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Women often submerge their true personalities and agendas until the knot is tied . . .  but when the truth comes out and the we find ourselves legally bound to a greedy, nagging bitch, it's too late. grin cheesy cheesy

C'mon now, that was mean.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by tope2000(f): 1:14am On Jun 18, 2008
Referring to woman as a BITCH shocked shocked shocked. uhn uhn, how would you feel if women refers to you guys as ASSHOLEs
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 1:19am On Jun 18, 2008
tope2000:

Referring to woman as a BITCH shocked shocked shocked. uhn uhn, how would you feel if women refers to you guys as ASSHOLEs

With all due respect, the word BITCH is not offensive.
It simply means a spiteful or overbearing woman.
Gosh. . . . . . many women call emselves "bitch" so what's your fuss?
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 1:20am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

@ J-girl,

It's not that simple. grin grin grin grin
Besides, the freedom bit is just 10% of the reasons why men delay the big step.
Your boyfriend is like every other REAL man out there. I must admit there are many cry-babies but who needs a toddler? tongue tongue

Anyways, anutha critical point is the way women see this marriage thingy with their rose-tinted specs.
Many women look at marriage through Cinderella eyes . . . for them, putting a ring on their fingers means that we will magically solve all their problems, from childhood issues with their fathers to huge shopping debts incurred on credit cards, to fixing their broken acrylic nails. cheesy grin
Women often submerge their true personalities and agendas until the knot is tied . . . but when the truth comes out and the we find ourselves legally bound to a greedy, nagging bitch, it's too late. grin cheesy cheesy
Now the truth comes out
My boyfriend is nothing like every other REAL man joooo - he's just a very very closed up person and i have to admit - that gets to me because I never know what's going thru his mind and he never tells me what's actually going on with him. A real man is not ashamed to voice out his feelings. grin grin tongue

Marriage is a blessing to a lot of women till the men start cheating on them or till men start causing trouble for them.
The thing is that marriage is a cuss word to some men because they cannot afford to leave their womanizing ways. They wanna have the freedom to sleep around without any real commitments.
There is no smoke without a fire - if a woman is a devil, you'll see signs b4 the marriage. If a man is a wife-beater, you'll see signs b4 the marriage. The men just have to be careful but the truth is that they rush into marriage when they discover that they are 37 and without child. Then they do stupid things.
tope2000:

Girl, don't mind him jare. It's just because i'm used to him referring to females in demeaning terms that i won't bother him about it. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by HRhotness(f): 1:21am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

BITCH - Babe In Total Control of Herself grin
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by tope2000(f): 1:22am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Many girls with low self esteem maybe, BITCH is a negative word to call woman as far as I am concern.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by tope2000(f): 1:22am On Jun 18, 2008
HR.hotness:

BITCH - Babe In Total Control of Herself grin
Unless it means that grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by HRhotness(f): 1:27am On Jun 18, 2008
I guess the word is only acceptable when used by u to address urself undecided

I no send sha, I've been called worse things
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 1:32am On Jun 18, 2008
j-girl:

Marriage is a blessing to a lot of women till the men start cheating on them or till men start causing trouble for them.
The thing is that marriage is a cuss word to some men because they cannot afford to leave their womanizing ways. They want to have the freedom to sleep around without any real commitments.

Without overflogging this issue, i am going to say this for the very last time: FREEDOM!!!!

Men love their freedom.
For many guys, the very thought of making a commitment to one woman for the rest of their lives is enough to send them sprinting for the hills.
The dreaded "C-word" implies compromise, loss of independence, the sacrifice of sexual variety, and the looming specter of financial devastation. grin

Men naturally crave sexual variety.
When men commit . . . either in marriage or cohabitation. . . .men willingly volunteer to cut themselves off from any other sexual pursuits.
Sexual boredom can set in, followed by a total lack of desire.
For a lot of men out there, even guys who weren't getting a lot of action anyway, that can be the scariest consequence of all.

HR.hotness:

I guess the word is only acceptable when used by u to address yourself undecided

I no send sha, I've been called worse things

Where did that come from?
Was i talking to u?
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by HRhotness(f): 1:33am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Where did that come from?
Was i talking to u?

I'm not lookin for a fight oh

just a rhetorical statement
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 1:38am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Without overflogging this issue, i am going to say this for the very last time: FREEDOM!!!!

Men love their freedom.
For many guys, the very thought of making a commitment to one woman for the rest of their lives is enough to send them sprinting for the hills.
The dreaded "C-word" implies compromise, loss of independence, the sacrifice of sexual variety, and the looming specter of financial devastation. grin

Men naturally crave sexual variety. When men commit . . . either in marriage or cohabitation. . . .men willingly volunteer to cut themselves off from any other sexual pursuits.
Sexual boredom can set in, followed by a total lack of desire.
For a lot of men out there, even guys who weren't getting a lot of action anyway, that can be the scariest consequence of all.
What useless freedom are men looking for? They should not marry now!
Why would they want to settle down if they see marriage as a prison?
Oh please - all these are excuses . Why don't you just say men wanna shag everything in skirt?

Men naturally crave sexual variety? they should never get married till they've tasted every flavour out there.
The sexual excitement depends on the kind of wife one is married to. If he's married to the woman who is traditional and just loves one position - sorry for the guy. If he's married to someone creative, he'll forever enjoy sex with her till he gets tired of having sex.

Men wait so long to marry because they are looking to explore more variety - true or false?
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 1:43am On Jun 18, 2008
j-girl:

What useless freedom are men looking for? They should not marry now!
Why would they want to settle down if they see marriage as a prison?
Oh please - all these are excuses . Why don't you just say men want to shag everything in skirt?

Men love their freedom. Someone like me has been so used staying by myself.
Do u think it would be easy for me to get a cohabitant who tussles the TV remote with me? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
I want to watch footie and she wants UGLY BETTY. . . . .Do u know how frustrating that SHITuation can get?

Men naturally crave sexual variety? they should never get married till they've tasted every flavour out there.
The sexual excitement depends on the kind of wife one is married to. If he's married to the woman who is traditional and just loves one position - sorry for the guy. If he's married to someone creative, he'll forever enjoy sex with her till he gets tired of having sex.

Is this a hint for the guys out there to pursue your case aggressively? grin cheesy
J-girl the LIGER. cool

Men wait so long to marry because they are looking to explore more variety - true or false?

It depends on the individual.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Romantic" Conversation Between An Airtel Customer Service Girl And A Guy / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes!"? / When A Girl Bites Her Lips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.