Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? (3442 Views)

Why Do Guys Prefer Ladies With Big Bosom? / Ladies: How Long Before You Accept A Wooing Guy? / Why Do Guys Prefer Sluts To Decent Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by tope2000(f): 1:44am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Where did that come from?
Was i talking to u?
She was talking to me, by the way who burst your bubble. u r sound like a girl on her period. oh boy take time  grin
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 1:46am On Jun 18, 2008
tope2000:

She was talking to me, by the way who burst your bubble. you're sound like a girl on her period. oh boy take time grin

It seems u twits are really up for a fight.
After desecrating the other thread u wanna extend your excesses to this place.
Anyways, mind the metaphors u hurl.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by tope2000(f): 1:49am On Jun 18, 2008
U really cant take a joke!!!! Wow
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by debosky(m): 1:49am On Jun 18, 2008
J-girl darling, what has happened to you? You seem to have lost ALL hope/confidence/trust in men these days, what heartless beast is responsible for this? undecided

Men wait for different reasons - career pursuits, pursuit of money, lack of suitable (in their opinion) mates, and a general societal relaxation of the urge/sense to marry on time.

Some do wait to 'sample', others wait to be 'free' longer, some others simply want to be mature enough to handle the responsibilities that come with marriage in order not to wreck it.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 1:51am On Jun 18, 2008
tope2000:

You really can't take a joke!!!! Wow

Says who? I can take jokes.
I am not a cold-blooded animal.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by tope2000(f): 1:52am On Jun 18, 2008
So why do you seem so uptight. *sighs* i give up
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 1:52am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Men love their freedom. Someone like me has been so used staying by myself.
Do u think it would be easy for me to get a cohabitant who tussles the TV remote with me? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
I want to watch footie and she wants UGLY BETTY. . . . .Do u know how frustrating that SHITuation can get?

Is this a hint for the guys out there to pursue your case aggressively? grin cheesy
J-girl the LIGER. cool

It depends on the individual.
And who told you women don't love their freedom? Most women now are single by choice because they do not want the utopian lifestyle that men created for them. Having 10 kids with the man as the breadwinner and she being the perfect housewife and cleaning up after everyone.
Lol - get her another tv now! she'll let you watch your tv, you'll let her watch her ugly betty in the other room. If you're used to being by yourself, when you want to get married, find a way to include your wife.

As for the hint thingy - i've told you - i'm a log of wood in bed. I don't try what i will get tied up in. I seriously don't know who's been feeding you stories o cheesy Get off my case grin grin
Jackal calling a gentle soul like me a liger - abeg o! cheesy

Men know when it's time to grow up. That's when they decide to get married.

debosky:

J-girl darling, what has happened to you? You seem to have lost ALL hope/confidence/trust in men these days, what heartless beast is responsible for this? undecided

Men wait for different reasons - career pursuits, pursuit of money, lack of suitable (in their opinion) mates, and a general societal relaxation of the urge/sense to marry on time.

Some do wait to 'sample', others wait to be 'free' longer, some others simply want to be mature enough to handle the responsibilities that come with marriage in order not to wreck it.
Nothing happened to me. Let's just say I realized that a lot of guys, if not all, just spew BS and expect us to trip like that.
Lack of suitable mates is a good excuse. Apart from that - the others CAN be reasonable but not always.
You said it right - most guys are not mature enough to handle women in their lives.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by 4Him1(m): 1:57am On Jun 18, 2008
debosky:

I agree with the above. Marriage is not a cakewalk, it takes serious dedication, hard work and a willingness to compromise. Many of us here cant even take care of ourselves yet . . . adding a woman to the equation is a recipe for disaster.

Rush in and rush out.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 2:01am On Jun 18, 2008
tope2000:

So why do you seem so uptight. *sighs* i give up

Uptight? grin grin grin
Le Chacal shows no emotions.
Imagine a dog that never barks, walks up to u and just BITE!!!!
No warning, just a fat bite and  . . . . grin cheesy

@ J-girl,

I have a feening u are a LIGER. Don't even feign any innocence here. grin cheesy
Log of wood me ass. . . . . .I know your types.

Get anutha TV? Does that really wash with women?
The spiteful ones would come where u @ and still want to take control. . . . .
She wants u to watch DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES with her and when u complain. . . . . .WAR starts.

Honestly, commitment implies the ability to compromise.  
Ideally a marriage should be a 50/50 partnership in which each half contributes and shares equally.
But to a woman, "compromise" often means "do it my way or you're cut off from sex."
So men are forced into surrendering to this sexual blackmail if we want to get any sex at all, and the result is a terrible loss of male power. cry
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Nobody: 2:02am On Jun 18, 2008
Men love their freedom. Someone like me has been so used staying by myself.
Do u think it would be easy for me to get a cohabitant who tussles the TV remote with me? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
I want to watch footie and she wants UGLY BETTY. . . . .Do u know how frustrating that SHITuation can get?

How much is a TV that you can't set up another TV in the bedroom or somewhere else? tongue

@ topic

A lot of them have some growing up to do, and they know this, hence the delay in getting married.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Busta(f): 2:04am On Jun 18, 2008
That is sooooooo right . . . alot of them have a lot of growing up to do!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 18, 2008
4 Him:

I agree with the above. Marriage is not a cakewalk, it takes serious dedication, hard work and a willingness to compromise. Many of us here can't even take care of ourselves yet . . . adding a woman to the equation is a recipe for disaster.

Rush in and rush out.

Hehehe, lmao cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by proo212(m): 2:05am On Jun 18, 2008
No, men are waiting to marry not because they want to explore all the variety. Men are waiting longer because more people are aware that one can be extremely unhappy when you end up with the wrong partner.

Our fathers went and did their thing totally neglecting our mothers. In our generation, we are a lot more sensitive to our surroundings. How many people grew up in polygamous homes are practising the same thing? Nobody is perfect but you want to make sure that at least you end up with someone you like and love.

What is the rate of divorce. In the West (1 in 2) very costly especially for the man. In Nigeria, it is way less but I can bet you tons of couples are existing because it will bring shame on the family. Very costly for the women.

Some have not married because of finances. All different reasons but as usual, it is because men want sexual variety  angry
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 2:07am On Jun 18, 2008
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here comes the CALVARY: Busta Buss, Stillwater, Debosky.
J-girl, so u went to wake your posse to come tackle me.
I am so ready for y'all tonight.
BRING IT ON.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Busta(f): 2:09am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

BRING IT ON.

angry
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 2:10am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

@ J-girl,

I have a feening u are a LIGER. Don't even feign any innocence here. grin cheesy
Log of wood me ass. . . . . .I know your types.

Get anutha TV? Does that really wash with women?
The spiteful ones would come where u @ and still want to take control. . . . .
She wants u to watch DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES with her and when u complain. . . . . .WAR starts.

Honestly, Commitment implies the ability to compromise.
Ideally a marriage should be a 50/50 partnership in which each half contributes and shares equally.
But to a woman, "compromise" often means "do it my way or you're cut off from sex."
So men are forced into surrendering to this sexual blackmail if we want to get any sex at all, and the result is a terrible loss of male power. cry
Your feelings are mistaken. I'm no liger. I'm a traditional girl. cheesy cheesy You don't know my types cos there's only one of me. No other fits into my log of woood category.

Get another TV. The ones that spite you will get tired. Watch desperate housewives with her and make her watch footie with you. Finish!
Commitment is very very hard. Even in normal relationships - it makes you wanna give up the guy/girl half the time.
If men were not so sexually-aggressive, women would not be able to use sexual blackmail.
If the men stopped having sex with women for days - wait and see what will happen. She'll never sexually blackmail you again.
Men just need to 'man up' and rise to the occasion when the right woman comes along.

proo212:

Men are waiting longer because more people are aware that one can be extremely unhappy when you end up with the wrong partner.

Our fathers went and did their thing totally neglecting our mothers. In our generation, we are a lot more sensitive to our surroundings. How many people grew up in polygamous homes are practising the same thing? Nobody is perfect but you want to make sure that at least you end up with someone you like and love.

What is the rate of divorce. In the West (1 in 2) very costly especially for the man. In Nigeria, it is way less but I can bet you tons of couples are existing because it will bring shame on the family. Very costly for the women.

Some have not married because of finances. All different reasons but as usual, it is because men want sexual variety angry
EXACTLY! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Search for partner maybe one other factor but men need to grow up.
Many of them proudly tell you that they're not thinking about marriage till they are 28 because they want their freedom.

Jackal:

BRING IT ON.
I don't have a posse o!
It seems you had a lil too much red bull today.
Take them on properly
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by 4Him1(m): 2:12am On Jun 18, 2008
In the old days our parents married earlier without all the wahala about dating or any regard to love and compatibility.

Face it, how many of those "marriages" are really happy today?

I'd rather wait until i am at least 90% sure this is the woman i can wake up to in the morning and still say thank you Jesus.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 2:15am On Jun 18, 2008
Busta:

angry

The hottest babe in TOWN?
Can u prove this? grin

If men were not so sexually-aggressive, women would not be able to use sexual blackmail.
If the men stopped having sex with women for days - wait and see what will happen. She'll never sexually blackmail you again.
Men just need to 'man up' and rise to the occasion when the right woman comes along.

Are u sure this works for women? It seems u are still glued to the stone age. cheesy wink grin
If u deprive her of sex . . . . .There are many Ann Summers shop plastered everywhere in the city. grin cheesy
They now come in different sizes n shapes. Some even have spikes. shocked shocked shocked
Besides, Japan has launched cyborgs that can make love to a woman. . . . .TECHNOLOGY!!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by NegroNtns(m): 2:16am On Jun 18, 2008
4HIM, your girl packed up and left.  Amber!  You did a very impressive job with your coaching and Im sure her horizon has expanded as a result of the encounter.  I was looking forward to taking over when you were done but I was robbed of the opportunity.  angry

@topic, the tradition of marriage for most part is lacking nowadays in most of the support resources that once sustained it.  In addition, access to women is more open and interaction is multi faceted, human relations is improved, competition for material success has heated up making it more likely that seclusion at home with a wife will be sacrificed for a flashy and transient swing through the night streets.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by debosky(m): 2:16am On Jun 18, 2008
That 'freedom' is an euphemism for the need to mature - a man who feels he MUST sample and taste all the varieties there are is not yet mature. I think you should leave them be till they are ready - is it better to marry early and rush out like David said or wait till you are truly ready?

Let them taste varieties if they want, and if the women permit tasting, then their issues are not with you and I, it is with their creator.

Men get married late for multiple reasons ranging from finance to lack of suitable mates. shagging red, yellow, pink and green flavours is not the only reason.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Busta(f): 2:17am On Jun 18, 2008
@jackal,

I don't need to prove nothing . . trust me, I am tongue
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 2:19am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Are u sure this works for women? It seems u are still glued to the stone age. cheesy wink grin
If u deprive her of sex . . . . .There are many Ann Summers shop plastered everywhere in the city. grin cheesy
They now come in different sizes n shapes. Some even have spikes. shocked shocked shocked
Besides, Japan has launched cyborgs that can make love to a woman. . . . .TECHNOLOGY!!! grin grin grin
lol - abeg jare!
Try it and come and tell us what happened at the end.
I'm sure you'll go back begging on your knees.
debosky:

Men get married late for multiple reasons ranging from finance to lack of suitable mates. shagging red, yellow, pink and green flavours is not the only reason.
ummm - not the only reason but it is a key reason.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 2:21am On Jun 18, 2008
j-girl:

lol - abeg jare!
Try it and come and tell us what happened at the end.
I'm sure you'll go back begging on your knees.

U reckon?

Busta:

@jackal,
I don't need to prove nothing . . trust me, I am tongue

I trust u.
Especially after the Florida keys experience. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Nobody: 2:22am On Jun 18, 2008
debosky:

That 'freedom' is an euphemism for the need to mature - a man who feels he MUST sample and taste all the varieties there are is not yet mature. I think you should leave them be till they are ready -

Thank you!!! cool
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by onyinye2(f): 2:22am On Jun 18, 2008
alot of men wait a while before getting married. i guess they want to make sure they have chosen the right girl they want to live with for the rest of their lives. but there is that other breed of men who just have a fear of being tied down to one woman for the rest of their lives.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by 4Him1(m): 2:24am On Jun 18, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

4HIM, your girl packed up and left.  Amber!  You did a very impressive job with your coaching and I'm sure her horizon has expanded as a result of the encounter.  I was looking forward to taking over when you were done but I was robbed of the opportunity.  angry

hehe no vex. another one will come.

@ topic . . . i suppose a lot of people realise that sampling different women is truly boring and has no fascination. Better to find one permanent partner (wife) than walk around humping every two-legged female.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 2:30am On Jun 18, 2008
j-girl:

Committing to a woman is serious business , it's a decision that shouldn't be taken lightly.
Too many men get married for the wrong reasons: they're getting older; all their friends are walking down the aisle; the woman is good-looking but lacks other desirable qualities; or they're scared they won't meet anyone else.

But it's normal to feel ambivalent -- even scared out of your mind -- about signing away all your other options for the rest of your life.
Whether or not a man ultimately wants to settle down is up to HIM, the key is to be aware of the reasons you might be afraid to make that commitment.
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by proo212(m): 2:33am On Jun 18, 2008
You obviously did not get my sentence that highlighted in bold. You seem to think it's because men want variety that is why they are not getting married. That is not true, that is why i put an angry face on it.

Get another TV. The ones that spite you will get tired. Watch desperate housewives with her and make her watch footie with you. Finish!
Commitment is very very hard. Even in normal relationships - it makes you want to give up the guy/girl half the time.

I laugh at this statement. Of course, women know men love sex so they use this as a bargaining tool or as punishment. Some women have low sex drives and if you don't touch them they are quite happy for that to happen (no win situation for the men). If a women is not having sex with her husband, somebody else is waiting for the opportunity. Fact

With such an attitude towards men, i am not surprised you're very edgy. Looks to me no man can do right in your eyes. The man will have to pass so many tests to actually deserve an opportunity to be with you. By the time you decide he's a decent man, he switched off and ready to move on to someone else. A lot men realise that there are a lot of single women out there and we will take our time (not necessarily sampling them) to see who is good for us and vice versa
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by debosky(m): 2:52am On Jun 18, 2008
Not a day passes without a male bashing thread undecided

My advice is if y'all dislike men that much, go to California, South Africa or Canada and get married to women. Enough is Enough! angry
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by jgirl3: 2:55am On Jun 18, 2008
Jackal:

Committing to a woman is serious business , it's a decision that shouldn't be taken lightly.
Too many men get married for the wrong reasons: they're getting older; all their friends are walking down the aisle; the woman is good-looking but lacks other desirable qualities; or they're scared they won't meet anyone else.

But it's normal to feel ambivalent -- even scared out of your mind -- about signing away all your other options for the rest of your life.
Whether or not a man ultimately wants to settle down is up to HIM, the key is to be aware of the reasons you might be afraid to make that commitment.
Commitment is serious - yes. But when men start getting married for the wrong reasons, it's not because they never had the opportunity. It is because they were not ready for it when it happened. Let the man find a way to be comfortable with cosigning. He needs to know that he's the captain of his ship and the lady is the cook.
proo212:

You obviously did not get my sentence that highlighted in bold. You seem to think it's because men want variety that is why they are not getting married. That is not true, that is why i put an angry face on it.

I laugh at this statement. Of course, women know men love sex so they use this as a bargaining tool or as punishment. Some women have low sex drives and if you don't touch them they are quite happy for that to happen (no win situation for the men). If a women is not having sex with her husband, somebody else is waiting for the opportunity. Fact

With such an attitude towards men, i am not surprised you're very edgy. Looks to me no man can do right in your eyes. The man will have to pass so many tests to actually deserve an opportunity to be with you. By the time you decide he's a decent man, he switched off and ready to move on to someone else. A lot men realise that there are a lot of single women out there and we will take our time (not necessarily sampling them) to see who is good for us and vice versa
LOL - I know why you highlighted it. I said MOST men not all. In the course of my posts over time, i've gotten tired of using the word 'most'.
Not that i'm like that - just that a lot of men have done wrong in my eyes. I don't discredit all of them though. I look for the few good ones among them
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Jackal(m): 3:01am On Jun 18, 2008
@ J-girl,

Thanx for agreeing commitment is a serious bizznizz.
That concludes your man-bashing thread.
Thank Ya. grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Prefer To Stay Long Before Marriage Nowadays? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 18, 2008
debosky:

Not a day passes without a male bashing thread undecided

My advice is if y'all dislike men that much, go to California, South Africa or Canada and get married to women. Enough is Enough! angry

Rubbish!!!  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys That Make My Heart Go Kpoodipkodipko / What Excuse Would A Married Woman Have For Having A Condom In Her Bag? / Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys With Pimples ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.