Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? (13806 Views)

This Is What Happens Sometimes When You Stop A Girl And Ask For Her Number / Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? / How To Make Someone Stop Loving You Without Heart Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by scabit: 3:31pm On May 09, 2013
Love is said to be eternal! Which means that you will always love your partner forever. Then can u outgrow loving him/her? Is it possible to stop loving him/her?
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by oyinbogirl(f): 3:58pm On May 09, 2013
Good question. I would say it depends on the kind of love you had for him or her.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by scabit: 4:05pm On May 09, 2013
Love is a serious thing on its own. Therefore a serious one that has the hope of leading to a future together.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 09, 2013
@OP
people dont love for no damn reason, therefore if these reasons are not there any longer or change then the love will die a natural death. for example, if you love someone because they were caring/understanding/special in anyway/beautiful or rich and they lost that attribute then there would be no more reason for love to exist in that said couple.

love is only eternal if the status of this couple is also eternal. you cannot love your partner forever, regardless of their actions.

18 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by PapaBrowne(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2013
This love thing has too many definitions sef.
I dont waste time trying to decipher it.
I just understand the love that is the relationship between a MOTHER AND A BABY.

13 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by jericco1(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2013
well it depends, but the best of it all is the one that leads to the future undeterred love

1 Like

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by creativemusic: 6:02pm On May 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Fishout(m): 6:04pm On May 09, 2013
Whatever it may be,u cant stoping loving ur partner bt u can put limitation to it.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 09, 2013
Yea one can.There is a tiny string Between love and hate.More reason y Pple commit crimes of passion...

4 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 09, 2013
Its so pathetic and highly lugubrious that during this critical time in the history of our nation,where boko haram keeps bombing day in day out,where capitalist form of govt of the shoeless one is leading the nation to a disaster,where the unity and peace of our nation is being threathened everytime,some group of nairand youth who are suppose to take to the street in protest and call for the resignation of the shoeless and clueless one are here sitting at a computer or bb or whatever talking about LOVE,ohhh I weep for my country

3 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 09, 2013
WHY YOU DEY ASK undecided
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 09, 2013
Anytin is possible, it depends on both parties' decisions, dedication and attitude towards d relationship!
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Sormeh: 6:11pm On May 09, 2013
Love can die naturally when no matter all your efforts & sacrifices to make it enjoyable, u are still seen as not doing anything.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Abujafood: 6:11pm On May 09, 2013
I've stopped loving my ex! So it's possible to fall out of love with your partner!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Ninapha(f): 6:12pm On May 09, 2013
Anything dat is 'built' can be destroyed, ammended, redesigned and or obey the law of depreciation. Love between couples is built and has the tendencies of the afore mentioned.

Its possible if given reason to. Its only God's love that is sure yet he even rebuke and chastise!
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by scabit: 6:13pm On May 09, 2013
Interesting! smiley
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 09, 2013
Even if something happens,

I'll Love Her forever and a lifetime more.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Ninapha(f): 6:15pm On May 09, 2013
cheesy
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by scabit: 6:16pm On May 09, 2013
To imanuelle: wow! I have to say.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Emioga: 6:17pm On May 09, 2013
Yes o!it can be gone forever or be tainted!i believe you cant hate your partner in a twinkle of an eye im go done dey vex u wella
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 09, 2013
yes! we love for different reasons and when those things stopped then i guess love dies!

1 Like

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by fallingsky(m): 6:19pm On May 09, 2013
It depends on the outcome of the relationship between you two.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by tspun(m): 6:23pm On May 09, 2013
people change also do feelings change. U fit say people day divorce bcus of nothing, e no get wen them day kolo gv each other ? Love day fade.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by scabit: 6:25pm On May 09, 2013
To imanuelle: wow! I have to say.
To temiosunrinde: it is because of there is no love between our leaders and followers in this country. No love between the people of this nation, everyone thinks individually of the problem n how to benefit itself from the solutions of the problem only. Individualistic thinking is not of africa but communism n community living is African. If there is some elements of love as during the times of our forefathers, things will change. As in our leaders and followers, you won't complain again I bet.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Ninapha(f): 6:29pm On May 09, 2013
Imanuelle: Even if something happens,

I'll Love Her forever and a lifetime more.

Keep it real. Even sometimes we hate ourselves for certain actions, well some cases for marriage pass infidelity. Eg, if my patner rape our daughter, hmmsad
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by ceejay80s(m): 6:31pm On May 09, 2013
s.cabit:
Love is said to be eternal! Which means that you will always love your partner forever. Then can u outgrow loving him/her? Is it possible to stop loving him/her?
are u glued to ur partner?!
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 09, 2013
Is dere love in relationship dese days?....everyone is in a relationship for selfish reasons jare..dis is what civilisaion has brought to the human society. You marry because U want constant and readily available sex, and status concerns...Remembers love is acting according to the wishes of your partner, and U do as he wishes..is dat not selfish enough...remove love in ur relationships, and U have the best relationship in the world..let's stop deceiving ourselves with love matter jare....love don sink for titanic ship in 1914

6 Likes

Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by IleIfe2(m): 6:40pm On May 09, 2013
No
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 09, 2013
Well I don't have any at the moment, but if/when I do, I don't think I'm ever gonna break up with them, except, maybe if they cheat.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by maxisfield(f): 6:43pm On May 09, 2013
I wil kip Loving mine till death do us part by the grace of God smiley
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 09, 2013
Ile-Ife:
No

Stop lying...U can, maybe he/she is also on nairaland or U ave access to each other's account..love is a feeling about what U see or hear, so if dose things dat U see dat arouse Ur love are no longer dere..will U still keep on loving?..love ko, love nih...I am not saying U should love Ur partners, buh in d reality..it doesn't end dere...change is d only constatnt thing in life.
Re: Can You Stop Loving Your Partner? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:44pm On May 09, 2013
Which kind question be this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why White Men Will Forever Be Ahead Of Black Men. / The Moment U Tell An Igbo Gal That U Love Her / You Mistakenly Married A Goddess/mammy Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.