Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (34178 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by megxo(m): 10:18am On May 10, 2013
Nxt tym don't SWITCH PAPER TYPES........... Don't follow wiz khalifa o, work Hard, play soft
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by lawrenceunaa: 10:19am On May 10, 2013
rubbish the failure is from jamb officials,we were not thumb printed due to their laziness and i knw their conscience is nt @ rest
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by anishe(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2013
tejpot: What do they hope to achieve with the summon? Add 50 marks each for all candidates? Shior

If d Hon. Member self, e Go fail. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by mbourie(m): 10:31am On May 10, 2013
spikes C:

Can you prove this?
When 1 million students pass JAMB with flying colors, they should be offered admission from the best performing students. Don't decieve yourself, ok. To be qualified, you have to stand out. That is why we have Second class upper and Second class lower. They all passed, but some passed more than the others wink
Moreso, these jambites should not use the aforesaid 520,000 available space as a flimsy excuse for their fiasco...It is only in Nigeria a student would fail and when you ask him/her, how come the low grade/score? He opens his bleeping mouth saying " dem give me 111/E."
What students/Jambites fail to understand is that, even if JAMB upgrades or gave the candidates high score, the cut-off mark will not be kept at 200....or better still most institutions will used the medium to make money from students and after the post-utme, place theirs above 285. So whether low mark or high mark, its just the same thing...You blokes should thank JAMB-JAMB is just trying to save your family the cost of travelling to the school, coupled with other expenses and still ne'er-do-well.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 10:34am On May 10, 2013
Seekeroftruth: Unfortunately, am disapointed with most comments that am seeing here.
If its nt dat d stdnts dnt read, it wil b dat they cheatd or that they concentrate on social netwrks,
but i tel U, there has neva bin a time we hav more brilliant stdnts dan now.
I knw dat most of u dat criticise dis young ones either wrote Jamb in d 1990's or early 2000. And has bin un-informed wit how tins works.
Though i knw d prevail use of social netwrks affects d students bt yet u see pipl making effort.
Being an under-graduate stdnt, it gav me opportunity 2 interact wit jambites, and knw hw far dey read.
Eg. A frnd of mine scored 238, i was unhapi because i knw how he read.
He wakes up in d mrning, does chores and zoom off 4 tutorials, when d tutorial ends by 1.pm he goes dnw to library and read til 6pm. Comes home, rest. And read til day break (TDB). There r many studnts who lived like diz bt when d result was out. It seems his was d best. Other crashd.
Here in Unizik,
come and see how pre-science stdnts strugle to come to class.
by 4,am all of dem r in schl in order to get a comfortable place then wait til 8.am when lectures wil start.
The read as if going to heaven is dependent on reading. Bt d result came out 3/4 of d whole stdnt were cut off since they scord below 200. Bt i knw within me dat wht diz young ones knw nw, i dnt knw it all wen i took my own Jamb. Bt yet they were given peanuts as scores, if someone reads for 16 hrs dialy and get 116. How long again wil he read?

I tel u, this is a gud step any responsible govt shuld take. Hav u askd ursef why jamb chose nt 2 tel us hw many pipl scored 200 and abv?
Wake up nigerians and stp tinkin foolishly, probably u hav no relation of URS dat took Jamb,
though i dnt hav any, bt i have to be reasonable.

I wish to say Kudos to d nigerian studnts 4 there effort,
u r unfortunate to b part of d generation wen there is demand 4 high level of education bt u r given little to combat wit.
A time when d exam gets tougher bt d teachings poorer.
I wish u guy wil see wht am seeing.
Nt 4getin d biometric issue wen pipl did there biometric b4 entering d exam hall, and they r told they dnt hav any biometric.
How can one score 1 in Jamb?
chaii dis writeup is referng to me i do read 4 17hrs x 5mnths ¤sad¤ afta checkng mai result 208, i culd hardly read 4 6hrs naw wenever i tnk of hw i read 4 jamb bt yet ntn to show.. Dis nt mai first tym of writng jamb nor 2nd bt dis year wuld be mai first tym of readng 4 17hrs daily... Except sundays....jamb offend so many innocent heads am sure dey wuld reap dis... ¤sad¤
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by 2rutalk1: 10:35am On May 10, 2013
It should be stated clearly that no JAMB Candidate wrote Computer Based Examination as claimed by the House of Reps. The CBT exam was earlier scheduled to hold on 18th May, 2013 but was shifted till 21st May, 2013. Therefore, any candidates that uses that as an excuse is using that as a defence mechanism.

Meanwhile, JAMB should not be blamed for the mass failure. In previous years, candidates were used to shading any PAPER TYPE that comes into the exam hall as far as they were opportuned to get the answers. Perhaps, the last exam was a different ball game. Each candidate had his/her PAPER TYPE tagged to his/her Registration number, and the machine was programmed same. It is an indisputable fact that 80% of the candidates wrote different PAPER TYPES. Remember again that question No. 1 of all the subjects was (What paper type was given to you?). So as far as you fail the first question, every other thing would be left to chance. I think JAMB should be commended for correcting the perennial fraud instead of issuing unnecessary summon. This is a wake up call to future examination candidates. The total decay in our education system is a function of lack of reading culture among Nigerian youths. It is very disturbing and calls for sober reflection.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 10:38am On May 10, 2013
YOUNG ICE: Despite the mass failure some candidate still pass very well.why the reason is very simple they plan Ãήϑ read well for the exam...for the purpose of all student who get above 200 you can start preparing for Post Utme exam.there is word to word questions Ãήϑ answers to some few intitution is available for free....just text this numeber 081.74.35.40.40. The past questions is in MS word format,it would be sent to ur Email......He who fails to plan plan to fail..
hp its free sir?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by beckyomas(f): 11:06am On May 10, 2013
pmonkz:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooow! It baffles me when a Nigerian writes like this. The main reason for the mass failure is because the universities don't have the right capacity to absorb students, so JAMB intentionally failed students.
Funny dude, what ever happened to post ume? Its not d responsibility of jamb to cut down no. Of students.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by beckyomas(f): 11:11am On May 10, 2013
2ru-talk:
It should be stated clearly that no JAMB Candidate wrote Computer Based Examination as claimed by the House of Reps. The CBT exam was earlier scheduled to hold on 18th May, 2013 but was shifted till 21st May, 2013. Therefore, any candidates that uses that as an excuse is using that as a defence mechanism.

Meanwhile, JAMB should not be blamed for the mass failure. In previous years, candidates were used to shading any PAPER TYPE that comes into the exam hall as far as they were opportuned to get the answers. Perhaps, the last exam was a different ball game. Each candidate had his/her PAPER TYPE tagged to his/her Registration number, and the machine was programmed same. It is an indisputable fact that 80% of the candidates wrote different PAPER TYPES. Remember again that question No. 1 of all the subjects was (What paper type was given to you?). So as far as you fail the first question, every other thing would be left to chance. I think JAMB should be commended for correcting the perennial fraud instead of issuing unnecessary summon. This is a wake up call to future examination candidates. The total decay in our education system is a function of lack of reading culture among Nigerian youths. It is very disturbing and calls for sober reflection.
U just nailed it, truer words ve never been spoken...that's d true fact nd coupled with d ones who would naturally fail, the result of failure will be staggering...I say good work to jamb. So when dey come back next year, they shld read hard nd stop expecting sms alert nd changing paper type
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 11:12am On May 10, 2013
tejpot: What do they hope to achieve with the summon? Add 50 marks each for all candidates? Shior
most of them wont even reach 200 if 50 marks are awarded.
The fact that honest candidates didnt make it means there is sth to dese results.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Odunharry(m): 11:19am On May 10, 2013
Fynestboi: who tell u dat dey gat many tns to gain.. 1.7million candidates, 500,000 available space how wuld dey explain dis if 1million student score above 250... And dose 1million re ready to blast pume.. Oya ansa me?
even if d 1million pass jamb,how abt post utme?if they pass d cut off mark will go up...it nt abt passing but giving the right candidates place in the available space
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by lanreonida: 11:31am On May 10, 2013
Pls hw about Biometric Verification nw help us to do something
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by emsheddy(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2013
come make una shut up jor. Are u guys the first set of students to write JAMB? REPS r simply jobless. Was it the registrar of JAMB that wrote for all those dull-brained students. Better start reading for the next JAMB so that u will be more than prepared.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Willgates(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk: What in Heaven's name is This Country Nigeria turning into?

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.

what in God's name are u tryna say? I dont just get it! Have u written JAMB before? Can u say without mincing words that d examination is d true test of intellectual capability of a candidate? What on earth would make u talk so carelessly on a social forum lyk dis? Do u knw hw many candidates this ur post might send to their early graves?
My friend, no matter the height u've attend,there's no reason whatsoever to feel pompous. Most candidates that scored below 180 are far bera dan ya!

And to those who failed,its not the end of life. Keep trying and learn from your failure,JAMB might not have been ur thing,try other avenues

3 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Odunharry(m): 11:37am On May 10, 2013
namdo: if I may ask: what is the relationship between JAMB and education administration in this country Nigeria? Using computer to do examination is not the problem, afterall most of these students have phones and know how to click on buttons. Who knows what kind of computer programs JAMB used?
or will use?cbt is yet to be written
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Symphony007: 11:42am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk: What in Heaven's name is This Country Nigeria turning into?

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.
you dey wait for horn to grow for your head before you know say you be goat or for beards to grow for your teeth before you know that you're too old to be making such myopic comments.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chiwuike20: 11:58am On May 10, 2013
adepoj99: Make house of rep find lastin solution 2 dis jamb issue... Cuz many burnt nite candles bt find demself scoring 160.It's nt jst fair @dibu..... undecidedMake house of rep find lastin solution 2 dis jamb issue... Cuz many burnt nite candles bt find demself scoring 160.It's nt jst fair @dibu.....
people complaim scoring low marks after burning night candles. I want to ask, hw many hours do u spend reading @ nyt? What type of textbook do u read? Have u covered @ least 4 of jamb recommended textbooks on each subjects? if ur ansas r short of dis expectations, u r nt fit 4 jamb. Period. Be d judge in d matter
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Emylexray(m): 12:03pm On May 10, 2013
If it's in my power, i would vehemently support the banning of that demonic, devilish, brain-draining social network called 2GO. 60% of Nigerian youths patronise that social network! Some youths spend a substantial amount of time on that site engaging in meaningless conversations. I was once a user of it and i can regrettably say that it almost ruined my life. At a time, i got addicted to it that i would chat untill 3 a.m in the morning ( quality length of time i should have spent feasting on my books). I later realised the damage it was having on me as i was always having headaches and pains in my eyes. Also, it drew me away from my books, Even the little time i tried to read, it would be as if all i was seeing on my textbook was 2go! 2go! 2go! 2go! One day, i put the devil to shame by deleting my two accounts! Since then, i've improved and learnt a lot academically as i've channeled the time i do spend on it to studying and engaging in profitable things!

You might call me names and ask me how it relates to the topic of discourse. I don't care, 2go deprives students from studying. After i quit 2go, i read extensively for UTME, as God may have it, i passed!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 10, 2013
undecided
Israelie:

Na dem sabi..
Upon d deduct, i stil mak it wit 200plus

R u sure u used ur head to pass d exam,cos its obvious u can't speak well.'I still mak it wit 200 plus'
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Braimoh200: 12:28pm On May 10, 2013
From my own point of view,i think dat JAMB should add extra marks to every candidate who participated in the exam as to boast their scores
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 12:29pm On May 10, 2013
chiwuike20: people complaim scoring low marks after burning night candles. I want to ask, hw many hours do u spend reading @ nyt? What type of textbook do u read? Have u covered @ least 4 of jamb recommended textbooks on each subjects? if ur ansas r short of dis expectations, u r nt fit 4 jamb. Period. Be d judge in d matter
am hear to ansa ur questn
i spend 17hrs
i covered all d whole syllabus wit diff txt bk recommend by JAMB..oya wat do u gat to say abt dis and yet jamb gave me jagons..
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Emylexray(m): 12:43pm On May 10, 2013
Fynestboi: am hear to ansa ur questn
i spend 17hrs
i covered all d whole syllabus wit diff txt bk recommend by JAMB..oya wat do u gat to say abt dis and yet jamb gave me jagons..
fynestboy! I've observed how you've been quoting people here and there on nairaland as regards the abysmal results of UTME. Take it easy! You got 208, you should stop whinning and start preparing for Post UME. With your score, you can still gain admission. I understand you're also fighting for the pathetic plight of other candidates. But whinning and moaning on NL won't change much! The damage has been done, you should thank heavens you got above 200. What do you want other candidates that got way below 200 to do? Jump into the ocean? Life must go on! A bend in the road is not the end of the road. Pull yourself together and muster the courage to read at the same pace you "claimed" you read for the just concluded UTME and pray along. The door of admission is still open for you with your score! Blast post UME when it comes! All the best!

#myadvice#
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by ugochi86: 12:49pm On May 10, 2013
@seekeroftruth. Very well said.this goes to show that even our leaders have more human feelings than most nigerians .judging from many comments so far on nairaland ,a lot of Nigeria's can't be bothered about issues not affecting them or someone close to them.its a pity.kudos to members of d house of reps.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 12:53pm On May 10, 2013
¤Huge u kiss u¤
Emylexray:
fynestboy! I've observed how you've been quoting people here and there on nairaland as regards the abysmal results of UTME. Take it easy! You got 208, you should stop whinning and start preparing for Post UME. With your score, you can still gain admission. I understand you're also fighting for the pathetic plight of other candidates. But whinning and moaning on NL won't change much! The damage has been done, you should thank heavens you got above 200. What do you want other candidates that got way below 200 to do? Jump into the ocean? Life must go on! A bend in the road is not the end of the road. Pull yourself together and muster the courage to read at the same pace you "claimed" you read for the just concluded UTME and pray along. The door of admission is still open for you with your score! Blast post UME when it comes! All the best!

#myadvice#
bt one tn u write dat i dnt lyk¤ dnt always compare me wit odas coz am diff.. Thanks so much 4 ur advice... U get mouth...

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by kevotek1000(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2013
It will be very wrong for the luck ones to laugh @ those who didn't make the 2013 Jamb...The truth is that, it is an abysmal of the Nigeria Government to boost of 50 Universities that can only accommodate 520,000 candidates @ of 1.7 millions. I don't really blame Ojerinde, rather put the blame on the poor Educational system of Nigeria that have little to offer. Nigerians ain't dull we are too smart, that's why any country we go we do wonders...
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 1:21pm On May 10, 2013
kevotek1000: It will be very wrong for the luck ones to laugh @ those who didn't make the 2013 Jamb...The truth is that, it is an abysmal of the Nigeria Government to boost of 50 Universities that can only accommodate 520,000 candidates @ of 1.7 millions. I don't really blame Ojerinde, rather put the blame on the poor Educational system of Nigeria that have little to offer. Nigerians ain't dull we are too smart, that's why any country we go we do wonders...
atleast u say sumtn reasonable dat culd help affected candidates.peace.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by oyelekemoses(m): 1:28pm On May 10, 2013
It pains me a lot when some nigerians are saying ''students failed because of social ntwrk or changing of paper type. To be clearly stated social network could never cause d mass failure. because some people don't study hard like these lads and scoring more than 250 and above. When talking abt leaking of paper type, who caused it? It is not JAMB officials? Why are they punishing the guys when they were not caught in the exam hall. Pls Nairalanders and especially 9igerians JAMB is to be blamed. I rep myself Gbotemi
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Revsola: 1:28pm On May 10, 2013
In my opinion;the students failed because their RUNS failed.The type "answers" they were given was wrong...they went ahead to fill the wrong type and the answers not knowing that JAMB has computerized each student and the type given to them!

Apart,a lot of students(not all)do not study enough...you can see them chatting on 2Go even while reading!
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 1:30pm On May 10, 2013
oyelekemoses: It pains me a lot when some nigerians are saying ''students failed because of social ntwrk or changing of paper type. To be clearly stated social network could never cause d mass failure. because some people don't study hard like these lads and scoring more than 250 and above. When talking abt leaking of paper type, who caused it? It is not JAMB officials? Why are they punishing the guys when they were not caught in the exam hall. Pls Nairalanders and especially 9igerians JAMB is to be blamed. I rep myself Gbotemi
¤chai¤ TRUTH RE BITTER¤.... Dis s ntn bt d truth..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jamb’s Top Performer, Kamsiyochukwu Gets 8 A’s, 1 B In WAEC / How Good Are You In English Language, Check This Out / Man Caught Trying To Write Exam For His Wife During Osun Teacher's Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.