Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (34181 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 1:34pm On May 10, 2013
Revsola: In my opinion;the students failed because their RUNS failed.The type "answers" they were given was wrong...they went ahead to fill the wrong type and the answers not knowing that JAMB has computerized each student and the type given to them!

Apart,a lot of students(not all)do not study enough...you can see them chatting on 2Go even while reading!

so u mean ova 1million student use RUNS?

U mean ova 1million candidates dnt study hard?

U mean ova 1million candidates re addict to social wateva?
Pls ansa dis questns coz if i dnt ask u my mind wnt be at rest..

And mind u JAMB neva computerise anytn type..... Dey re nt wise to dat level... ..

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 10, 2013
I have read most of the post so I guess it's time to make my comment. If the results are generally low, then we cn assume that pple like finest boy will still make admission with 208 since jamb is jst the first stage and there is still post UME. I know of a particular year where to people I knw well made Medicine in UCH with 250 and this was before the post UME came. Normally, you will require like 285 and above to make medicine in UCH then. So what I'm saying in essence is this. Let the candidates that are hardworking and are not willing to use expo clamour for a free and fair jamb exam whatever their scores may be because in the end it doesn't matter. Just imagine all the good slots lost to lazy expo seeking students who cheat and get 280, 290 etc. I think it has come to a stage where universities should conduct their own exams. In fact, Jamb should be entirely scrapped. This will put the responsibility of applicants selection on the university. And if they like, they should select dull students who don't know jack just because they have connections. The effect will tell on the pedigree of their school. What we just need for this system is a governing body. That is all. Students apply directly to the school they want to go and those schools test the candidates and make selection.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 10, 2013
I have read most of the post so I guess it's time to make my comment. If the results are generally low, then we cn assume that pple like finest boy will still make admission with 208 since jamb is jst the first stage and there is still post UME. I know of a particular year where to people I knw well made Medicine in UCH with 250 and this was before the post UME came. Normally, you will require like 285 and above to make medicine in UCH then. So what I'm saying in essence is this. Let the candidates that are hardworking and are not willing to use expo clamour for a free and fair jamb exam whatever their scores may be because in the end it doesn't matter. Just imagine all the good slots lost to lazy expo seeking students who cheat and get 280, 290 etc. I think it has come to a stage where universities should conduct their own exams. In fact, Jamb should be entirely scrapped. This will put the responsibility of applicants selection on the university. And if they like, they should select dull students who don't know jack just because they have connections. The effect will tell on the pedigree of their school. What we just need for this system is a governing body. That is all. Students apply directly to the school they want to go and those schools test the candidates and make selection.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 1:37pm On May 10, 2013
12 inches!:
LOBATAN..
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Minorsegment: 2:04pm On May 10, 2013
The real truth is this: Those who were involved in examination malpractice actually implicated the innocent ones. I, for example, wrote independently. In my hall, before the question papers were distributed, virtually all the candidates had finished and were ready to hand in their scripts. At first, I became afraid owing to the fact that I was the only candidate still writing. In the face of it, I didn't relent and I probably wrote very well. But what perplexed me was my result. I was expecting a score which was not less than 250 but unfortunately for me, I was awarded 202 and I thank my God for that. Thus, that you failed Jamb does not actually mean you are a failure because examination is not a true test of knowledge (I'm speaking to the seriously minded students). For those of you who depended in runs for their examination, you probably have to bend down and read because nothing good comes so easy; there must be sweat before sweet. I therefore encourage you guys to be strong. Failure is not the opposite of success, it's part of it. Remember Edison's words: "I failed 1000 times and discovered 1000 ways of making the electric bulb". Stand up for the Champion!!!
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Rooneyboy(m): 2:05pm On May 10, 2013
pmonkz:

Mr. Rooney! If students passed, cutoff comes into play. If they had average of 200, they'd be lookin forward to the next step whch is postjamb whch we all know has absolute power in selecting students. In this case, JAMB didn't allow the students pass cos of the capacity issue at our schools. U're so right about what u said but if u've not heard (either rumor or not), it was recorded that JAMB marked students down by 100scores, this was discovered when aggrieved students stormed JAMB office in Lag. See bro, its not the issue of havin 200 or more, or even less, the issue is with the state of infrastructure in our schools.

For the umpteenth time , don't say what u know nothing about.

I go to JAMB office every single working day of the week, what you've just written up there is completely misleading, I have no idea what u stand to gain by doing so.

Once again, JAMB has absolutely got nothing to do with schools' infrastructure .

JAMB aint the government that worries about the state of our higher institutions.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chiwuike20: 2:27pm On May 10, 2013
Originalsly: This quote is because many share this opinion.I don't when it comes to the point at issue...mass failure of students.The reasons OP gave for the mass failure were reasons that existed in 2012 and before. Why were there not mass failures then? Why suddenly in 2013? Common sense should tell us that if the majority of students were not computer literate and were required to do the exam on computer then the results would not be good.The JAMB board is clearly the cause of this disaster and need to be fired. Who knows what they have in mind for 2014...JAMB questions in Yoruba?...or Igbo?....or Hausa?....or German?...pidgin? Whatever they may choose...some people will still lay all the blame on the students.
just as children blame their parents 4 not being somebody in life, we blame dibu 4 our failures. We 4get dat parent progressed in life without having a sponsor. Its high time we woke up to taking responsibilities, especially when it comes to d outcome of our action. I've observed dat most of d people who complain r secondary sch leaving student who mostly read essential textbooks in preparation 4 an A'level exam like Jamb. I think d people who spur students into complaining instead of accepting responsibility r teachers. They succeed in convincing student dat jamb is no big deal and if they attend their personal coaching classes they'll excel, even score above 300. I want to challenge teachers who claim dat jamb questions r cheap to write jamb to prove their claim. Probably they'll score above 300 since its dat cheap. Students shud stop wasting their energy complaining, instead, redirect it to qualitative study to guard against further failure
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chiwuike20: 2:27pm On May 10, 2013
Originalsly: This quote is because many share this opinion.I don't when it comes to the point at issue...mass failure of students.The reasons OP gave for the mass failure were reasons that existed in 2012 and before. Why were there not mass failures then? Why suddenly in 2013? Common sense should tell us that if the majority of students were not computer literate and were required to do the exam on computer then the results would not be good.The JAMB board is clearly the cause of this disaster and need to be fired. Who knows what they have in mind for 2014...JAMB questions in Yoruba?...or Igbo?....or Hausa?....or German?...pidgin? Whatever they may choose...some people will still lay all the blame on the students.
just as children blame their parents 4 not being somebody in life, we blame dibu 4 our failures. We 4get dat parent progressed in life without having a sponsor. Its high time we woke up to taking responsibilities, especially when it comes to d outcome of our action. I've observed dat most of d people who complain r secondary sch leaving student who mostly read essential textbooks in preparation 4 an A'level exam like Jamb. I think d people who spur students into complaining instead of accepting responsibility r teachers. They succeed in convincing student dat jamb is no big deal and if they attend their personal coaching classes they'll excel, even score above 300. I want to challenge teachers who claim dat jamb questions r cheap to write jamb to prove their claim. Probably they'll score above 300 since its dat cheap. Students shud stop wasting their energy complaining, instead, redirect it to qualitative study to guard against further failure
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Halb: 3:11pm On May 10, 2013
Right,a lot of student are addicted to wassap,2go,facebook etc that they find it difficult to concentrate on their studies. May God help us ooooo.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by odibenson(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2013
I pittyy some lunatics on nairaland sayinn doo many thrash abt candidate not readin at all.if uu shud recall dibu came out to sayyy we could check the result @myjambresult.com but up till now dat site aint workingg.secondlyy he said there were remarkable increase in the generall performance wen compared to last yrrrrrrr.the question is how is dis truuu,never ave i seen a jambb student scoring 106 146 123 73 79 but thiss yrrr was clearlyy evident.thirdlyy for the science student wen i glassed thru the biologyy question it was just tooo easyyyy i concluded in my mind dat an average student cann score 60-70 while a very brillaint student can score 100.the question were cheappp.to my greatest surprisee i saw people coring scoring 28 45 36 33 55 though some very vey people got 73 65 if u thing amm lying visit nairalan forum on jamb result checker and seee.pls plss dibuuu shud go and askk himself question on wat realyyy happened was the machine use for marking was free frmm errors or are dey assumimg 1.2 million peopl were involved in malpractice?.dibuuu pls put ur thinking cap back onn

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 3:41pm On May 10, 2013
odibenson: I pittyy some lunatics on nairaland sayinn doo many thrash abt candidate not readin at all.if uu shud recall dibu came out to sayyy we could check the result @myjambresult.com but up till now dat site aint workingg.secondlyy he said there were remarkable increase in the generall performance wen compared to last yrrrrrrr.the question is how is dis truuu,never ave i seen a jambb student scoring 106 146 123 73 79 but thiss yrrr was clearlyy evident.thirdlyy for the science student wen i glassed thru the biologyy question it was just tooo easyyyy i concluded in my mind dat an average student cann score 60-70 while a very brillaint student can score 100.the question were cheappp.to my greatest surprisee i saw people coring scoring 28 45 36 33 55 though some very vey people got 73 65 if u thing amm lying visit nairalan forum on jamb result checker and seee.pls plss dibuuu shud go and askk himself question on wat realyyy happened was the machine use for marking was free frmm errors or are dey assumimg 1.2 million peopl were involved in malpractice?.dibuuu pls put ur thinking cap back onn
dis s ntn bt d truth.....
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by odibenson(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2013
10 peopl got 300+ 33,000 got between 260 to 299 and then 704,000 got 200 to 2500.dibuu were are dis peopleeee clearllyyyyy this examss marking was wrong
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by paul234(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2013
GOOD NEWS: 5 Ways To Gain Admission Without Jamb!!!
Be the first of your friends to read this article by clicking here https://www.nairaland.com/1286098/good-news-5-ways-gain#15661009
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 10, 2013
My candid view is that we dont need JAMB. I mean if a candidate is required to do post ume then of what relevance is jamb? Nigeria loves duplication of duties and offices. why cant students be admitted based on their WAEC result? as far as im concerned JAMB, NECO and Post UME ARE UNNECESSARY and meaningless
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chiwuike20: 4:16pm On May 10, 2013
ujchief:

My thoughts exactly! The computer based will take place next month or so and the reps are whining that it was the cause. Ignorance in 3-D.

It is not a new development that our students are performing woefully. WAEC and NECO have been complaining about it for ages now!

What do the reps aim at achieving? Are they insinuating that JAMB had technical difficulties or that there was a mistake somewhere?

The level of education in our country is sinking lower and lower each year. Students travel far and wide to sit for external exams, why? Because they depend on expo. That is why more than 50% changed their question type inside the exam.
people r so irresponsible, looking 4 who to shift blame to. My brother, have u ever wondered what d level of failure dat will b xperienced when o'level examination bodies like waec and neco introduced a system dat effectively checkmate exam malpractices? D outcome will b historical and memorable, coz a fraction of d total candidates will b able to get 5 credits. Mass failure in Jamb, to me, is a welcome development, signifying dat d tiresome efforts to combat exam malpractice is paying off
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by tunex23: 4:28pm On May 10, 2013
acidtalk:

Am I the cause of your failure? Or did they tell you I worked in jamb or resemble the computer that marked your exam sheet$

When your mates were reading, you were busy down fine girl painting your big head and following those small boys all over the street. Now you are crying foul.

You better go and learn hair dressing or sewing. You are too dull to pass jamb. Well if you think you can sha, you are on your own as your people have told you earlier, they can't keep giving you money to buy jamb form. Most of your mates are already PH.D Holders.
OMG!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I wonder who go marry dis kind girl. hahahahahahahahah
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chiwuike20: 5:22pm On May 10, 2013
Symphony007: hey stop saying rubbish! Do you even think? If you or any member of your farmily was affected by this you won't be vomiting this rubbish! I know of a friend who has written jamb twice with his own knowledge without malpractise. Last year he scored 240 and this year it's 180 when he belives he even did better than last year. Over 15,000 students results are being witheld due to no biometric identification when jamb did'nt send the computer to some centers, some had low batteries,some were'nt even connecting with the server, you'll also blame the dull students for that?

Some Students who wrote art subjects english,government,literature and crk and checking their results and seeing,english,chemisty,physics,maths result and vice versal, you'll also blame the "olodo student's" for this. Tjamb this year just conducted a shambolic excuse of my exan after ripping of student of over 6,000 for registration and condeming scores to wasting a year at home..this is a problem. It's disgusting and wrong, if they can't handle big exams and be able single out the corrupt students from the innocent rather than declaring mass failure, they should bugger off and allow universities conduct their individual entry exams. Where there will be less beurucracy and population to carter to. Your comment was most shamefull, you and the other 20 hillbillies that liked your post are greatly myopic!!
If u fail to tell ur affected jambite to buckle up next in order to pass, u'll end up making dem permanent olodos. Its high time adults take up responsibilities and stop whining. D only time an educational body made progress in curbing exam malpractice, we criticize it negatively instead of giving kudos. Sickly people
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chiwuike20: 5:22pm On May 10, 2013
Symphony007: hey stop saying rubbish! Do you even think? If you or any member of your farmily was affected by this you won't be vomiting this rubbish! I know of a friend who has written jamb twice with his own knowledge without malpractise. Last year he scored 240 and this year it's 180 when he belives he even did better than last year. Over 15,000 students results are being witheld due to no biometric identification when jamb did'nt send the computer to some centers, some had low batteries,some were'nt even connecting with the server, you'll also blame the dull students for that?

Some Students who wrote art subjects english,government,literature and crk and checking their results and seeing,english,chemisty,physics,maths result and vice versal, you'll also blame the "olodo student's" for this. Tjamb this year just conducted a shambolic excuse of my exan after ripping of student of over 6,000 for registration and condeming scores to wasting a year at home..this is a problem. It's disgusting and wrong, if they can't handle big exams and be able single out the corrupt students from the innocent rather than declaring mass failure, they should bugger off and allow universities conduct their individual entry exams. Where there will be less beurucracy and population to carter to. Your comment was most shamefull, you and the other 20 hillbillies that liked your post are greatly myopic!!
If u fail to tell ur affected jambite to buckle up next in order to pass, u'll end up making dem permanent olodos. Its high time adults take up responsibilities and stop whining. D only time an educational body made progress in curbing exam malpractice, we criticize it negatively instead of giving kudos. Sickly people
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ninilowo(m): 5:23pm On May 10, 2013
The chairman of ANNCOPS should be questioned instead. Why Ojerinde?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chiwuike20: 5:27pm On May 10, 2013
markemordi: All these people talkking about student dont read.student do read but do u people like u dis country cant move forward.u guys should get a job.jobless people dat dont have postive things for dis nation.even d so called parents dat cant even read dat r in high postion in d government go and advise dem nt us
Another guy hu refuses to own up to responsibility. Prepare even harder next yr
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Originalsly: 5:32pm On May 10, 2013
chiwuike20: just as children blame their parents 4 not being somebody in life, we blame dibu 4 our failures. We 4get dat parent progressed in life without having a sponsor. Its high time we woke up to taking responsibilities, especially when it comes to d outcome of our action. I've observed dat most of d people who complain r secondary sch leaving student who mostly read essential textbooks in preparation 4 an A'level exam like Jamb. I think d people who spur students into complaining instead of accepting responsibility r teachers. They succeed in convincing student dat jamb is no big deal and if they attend their personal coaching classes they'll excel, even score above 300. I want to challenge teachers who claim dat jamb questions r cheap to write jamb to prove their claim. Probably they'll score above 300 since its dat cheap. Students shud stop wasting their energy complaining, instead, redirect it to qualitative study to guard against further failure
Don't get me wrong....there always will be cheaters, students who don't study but expect high marks and hmmm...419 tutors.If the 2013 exam was written by the same students under the 2012 rules do you think the results would be mass failure? Many students have been railroaded by the new JAMB system and that has to be addressed.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by mayorall(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2013
Meeting! Meeting!! Meeting!!!

What's the outcome abeg.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by olumidazz: 5:42pm On May 10, 2013
Our youths will continue to fails exams en mass, haven't you noticed they all want be musicians with kurukere and davido their role models, tell me how they will pass? These two vocations don't go together, gone are the days when we had o' level exams 9 months ahead of us we dare not smell television.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chiwuike20: 5:52pm On May 10, 2013
cheleku:

They have their reputation to protect...you wouldnt want over 50 percent of the candidates scoring above 300; would you?
With the massive malpractice that occoured, I have every reason to believe that Jamb deducted scores. Too many bright students I know perfomed horribly. Its no coincidence!
My problem is that innocent students were punished for a crime thay didnt partake in.
If by any way jamb deducted marks from candidates scores irrespective whether or not dey got involved in malpractice in their centres, I hope dey rectify d error. It cud also b dat d so-called bright student cudnt help getting involved in malpractice and were punished.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by emtar(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] JAMB SHOULD BE ORDED TO GIVE ALL CANDIDATES 20MARKS EACH AS COMPENSATION
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 10, 2013
the death of education has already been predicted...very soon it will happen...if you like be there whining....most student have been taught by fake teachers, very extremely lazy, dont believe in hardwork, worship bookface, whatsapp, twinta, and other social netwoks, they also actively worship celebs....imagine a medical doctor that sorted his/her lecturers all through his programme, imagine the havoc he will cause when he start practicing...this is reality of education in todays nigeria.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Luizkid(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2013
the best solution 2 this problem is:
*Jamb should return answer scripts as well as the right answers to the student together with their scores.
*Any student dat feels his/her script was not marked correctly can then take up his/her case.
Anyway i feel the mass failure is caused by the addiction of today's students on SOCIAL NETWORKS and reliance on 'EXPO'
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 10, 2013
All this jobless bro's should just go to hell,you came here ranting on nairaland when you're a failure yourself...
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by mayorall(m): 8:53pm On May 10, 2013
What's the outcome. That's the main point now.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by mathefaro(m): 9:23pm On May 10, 2013
chiwuike20: just as children blame their parents 4 not being somebody in life, we blame dibu 4 our failures. We 4get dat parent progressed in life without having a sponsor. Its high time we woke up to taking responsibilities, especially when it comes to d outcome of our action. I've observed dat most of d people who complain r secondary sch leaving student who mostly read essential textbooks in preparation 4 an A'level exam like Jamb. I think d people who spur students into complaining instead of accepting responsibility r teachers. They succeed in convincing student dat jamb is no big deal and if they attend their personal coaching classes they'll excel, even score above 300. I want to challenge teachers whom claim dat jamb questions r cheap to write jamb to prove their claim. Probably they'll score above 300 since its dat cheap. Students shud stop wasting their energy complaining, instead, redirect it to qualitative study to guard against further failure
Yeah, I said it once that this year's jamb questions were more than cheap and as a math teacher, I accept the challenge. I can say it again any day,anytime that this year's maths was the cheapest I've ever seen and I don't see any reason why I shouldn't get 98 if not 100. It's just a pity that many students were robbed by these scammers who call themselves jAMB and it's also painful that many people who didn't fall victim of the robbery keep saying it's either due to students' laziness or addiction to social networks. A lot of people cheated, changing their types and still managed to get good results, way above 200 whereas some innocent serious and brilliant students got poor results. Although, I won't dispute the fact that student's no longer study hard with diligence but it's quite obvious that the grading of this year's UTME is a mystery and it didn't show student's real performances. I doubt if the 10 candidates who they claim got 300+ can even pass Junior WAEC. Just saying.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Symphony007: 10:29pm On May 10, 2013
chiwuike20: If u fail to tell ur affected jambite to buckle up next in order to pass, u'll end up making dem permanent olodos. Its high time adults take up responsibilities and stop whining. D only time an educational body made progress in curbing exam malpractice, we criticize it negatively instead of giving kudos. Sickly people
basically you're telling me that only when mass failure is dished out is jambites, then the have succesfully cubed malpractise, for the obvious reason of indefensibility, you have ignored the massive irregularities by jamb that i outlined in my post. Some people can be really amazing!!
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by fjjc(m): 10:37pm On May 10, 2013
THE FACT REMAINS THAT THE JAMB REGISTRAR SHOULD JUST ADD UP MARKS BECAUSE THAT RESULT IS NOT THE TRUE REFLECTION OF THE EXAMS.DIBU NOT EVERY CANDIDATES CHEATED ADD UP MARKS NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jamb’s Top Performer, Kamsiyochukwu Gets 8 A’s, 1 B In WAEC / How Good Are You In English Language, Check This Out / Man Caught Trying To Write Exam For His Wife During Osun Teacher's Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.