Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (34180 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ivyluvie: 8:01am On May 10, 2013
Wats all dz?pls,nt all candidates who sat 4 jamb,usd expo,nd nt all crave 4 d social networkn stuffs,stdnts who didnt make use of expo,are also victims of dz mass failure,for cryn out loud:i read,nd wat do i get afta burning d midnite candle?mtcheeeeww!pls nt all stdnts is to b blamed.....aw do u expect d eductional systm of ur belovd country to excel,wen d nation itself z a mess,in disarray.(all those government plpe,dey look lyk person wey knw book??)ish.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by ujchief(m): 8:04am On May 10, 2013
markemordi: All these people talkking about student dont read.student do read but do u people like u dis country cant move forward.u guys should get a job.jobless people dat dont have postive things for dis nation.even d so called parents dat cant even read dat r in high postion in d government go and advise dem nt us.jamb did rubbish dis yr and dey knw.so stop supporting wrong

Now I see why you scored 104! Channel your anger on your books.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by pmonkz(m): 8:05am On May 10, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Absolute nonsense , u have no idea how JAMB is being operated.

Look, if candidates pass , JAMB will surely give them their deserved score, JAMB has absolutely nothing to lose or gain in massively failing/passing candidates.

Again, when there's an overwhelming majority of successful candidates that crosses the 200 average score , we tend to witness institutions come up with their own cutoff marks, this way candidates with not too impressive 200+ score will be forced to have a change of mind either on their previously selected institution or their course of study.
(This is how candidates are eliminated when an institution has very little learning capacity)

........ Pls, erase that mundane notion that once a candidate crosses the average 200 cutoff then an admission is guaranteed.

A whole lot of things come to play.

Mr. Rooney! If students passed, cutoff comes into play. If they had average of 200, they'd be lookin forward to the next step whch is postjamb whch we all know has absolute power in selecting students. In this case, JAMB didn't allow the students pass cos of the capacity issue at our schools. U're so right about what u said but if u've not heard (either rumor or not), it was recorded that JAMB marked students down by 100scores, this was discovered when aggrieved students stormed JAMB office in Lag. See bro, its not the issue of havin 200 or more, or even less, the issue is with the state of infrastructure in our schools.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Jollyakat(m): 8:05am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk: What in Heaven's name is This Country Nigeria turning into?

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.

Nnow I understand u b acid name...mtchew
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Clemzy16(m): 8:05am On May 10, 2013
mbhs139: .

that makes sense, a whole lot of sense
but it dosen't make much sense compared to making it possible for candidates to use their successful jamb result for a period of like four years.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by pmonkz(m): 8:07am On May 10, 2013
spikes C:

This part is where i have problem with? How do you know undecided

Well, you know how USA and UK Universities work right?

Thats what they wanna do. No more JAMB, just university exams wink

Spikes, u just try to be attentive and u'll get more info.
Thanks the other man
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:08am On May 10, 2013
pmonkz:

Mr. Rooney! If students passed, cutoff comes into play. If they had average of 200, they'd be lookin forward to the next step whch is postjamb whch we all know has absolute power in selecting students. In this case, JAMB didn't allow the students pass cos of the capacity issue at our schools. U're so right about what u said but if u've not heard (either rumor or not), it was recorded that JAMB marked students down by 100scores, this was discovered when aggrieved students stormed JAMB office in Lag. See bro, its not the issue of havin 200 or more, or even less, the issue is with the state of infrastructure in our schools.
tanks dis re pple dat write feeling d passion of innocent students...
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Bawss1(m): 8:11am On May 10, 2013
markemordi: All these people talkking about student dont read.student do read but do u people like u dis country cant move forward.u guys should get a job.jobless people dat dont have postive things for dis nation.even d so called parents dat cant even read dat r in high postion in d government go and advise dem nt us

You will do well for yourself by accepting the advice to study and improve yourself not whining here on NL in your poorly worded English.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Clemzy16(m): 8:12am On May 10, 2013
I AM TOTALLY IN SUPPORT OF THE MOTION THAT JAMB SHOULD BE SCRAPPED. I want to believe that Jamb delibrately failed students so that they will enrol again next year. *TOU KNOW THE MONEY-MAKING VENTURE THING* How i wish there is an alternative to Jamb.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:15am On May 10, 2013
Bawss1:

You will do well for yourself by accepting the advice to study and improve yourself not whining here on NL in your poorly worded English.
d english is poor bt u undastand wat he write... Wat oda tn do u want.. Stop actng lyk a kid here...
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:15am On May 10, 2013
Clemzy16: I AM TOTALLY IN SUPPORT OF THE MOTION THAT JAMB SHOULD BE SCRAPPED. I want to believe that Jamb delibrately failed students so that they will enrol again next year. *TOU KNOW THE MONEY-MAKING VENTURE THING* How i wish there is an alternative to Jamb.
SECONDED
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Baddiestboi(m): 8:16am On May 10, 2013
dat man na thief oooo......
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by cheleku(m): 8:17am On May 10, 2013
Van snickers:

What does JAMB have to gain from deducting Marks from you guys?!Only Losers make excuses for Failure, winners standup, dust-up and get ready for the next battle.

They have their reputation to protect...you wouldnt want over 50 percent of the candidates scoring above 300; would you?
With the massive malpractice that occoured, I have every reason to believe that Jamb deducted scores. Too many bright students I know perfomed horribly. Its no coincidence!
My problem is that innocent students were punished for a crime thay didnt partake in.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:21am On May 10, 2013
God BLESS U BRO
cheleku:

They have their reputation to protect...you wouldnt want over 50 percent of the candidates scoring above 300; would you?
With the massive malpractice that occoured, I have every reason to believe that Jamb deducted scores. Too many bright students I know perfomed horribly. Its no coincidence!
My problem is that innocent students were punished for a crime thay didnt partake in.
COMMON SENSE ARENT COMMON...

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:21am On May 10, 2013
The mass failure, as they call it, is the resultant effect of the falling standard of education in the country, which could be blamed on the government, teachers, parents and students.

Government has neglected its constitutional duty of funding educational institutions, saying they should generate funds internally.

Teachers have allowed themselves to be compromised. They take money from students and their parents to 'assisst' students. I saw this during my service year where in a rural community with poverty, students pay 18,000 for 'manna' from heaven.

Some parents don't want their children to be stressed. They buy their way through. What kind of parent are you.

Students are no longer serious. They are always on the computers playin, charting, facebooking, 2going, etc. The internet is a blessing to this generation but our youth are not using it to make it look so. For example as a diplomat, I facebook, but you won't see rubbish on my wall; I won't accept you, even if you are my relation, if I don't have any business with you.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:22am On May 10, 2013
Can u imagine pot calling kettle black....those jobless house of reps. Instead of focusing on security issue of d nation they ar here struggling with jambites, old fools....so they will be happy wen student who won't read, ping mornin till nite, faceboolk their lives everyday, follow all thread on NL score above 200, dis country is finished, can u imagine d kind of leaders we av, we av beta issue at hand dan dis jamb issue, 45% of student got above 200 mark, so wat d hell is their problem, may be their children failed.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:22am On May 10, 2013
The mass failure, as they call it, is the resultant effect of the falling standard of education in the country, which could be blamed on the government, teachers, parents and students.

Government has neglected its constitutional duty of funding educational institutions, saying they should generate funds internally.

Teachers have allowed themselves to be compromised. They take money from students and their parents to 'assisst' students. I saw this during my service year where in a rural community with poverty, students pay 18,000 for 'manna' from heaven.

Some parents don't want their children to be stressed. They buy their way through. What kind of parent are you.

Students are no longer serious. They are always on the computers playin, charting, facebooking, 2going, etc. The internet is a blessing to this generation but our youth are not using it to make it look so. For example as a diplomat, I facebook, but you won't see rubbish on my wall; I won't accept you, even if you are my relation, if I don't have any business with you.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:23am On May 10, 2013
Ola Johnson: The mass failure, as they call it, is the resultant effect of the falling standard of education in the country, which could be blamed on the government, teachers, parents and students.

wat u write here is ryt bt watabout d devoted student dt spent deir tym readng so wat wuld u say to dat?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:23am On May 10, 2013
Ola Johnson: The mass failure, as they call it, is the resultant effect of the falling standard of education in the country, which could be blamed on the government, teachers, parents and students.

wat u write here is ryt bt watabout d devoted student dt spent deir tym readng so wat wuld u say to dat?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:28am On May 10, 2013
And all dis idiots saying students dnt read anylonger,i see why u graduate with a 3rd class,who no knw no go knw,To say education in nigeria as nose dived to is lowest ebb is but to say the obvious,JAMB punish student for their own failure,when u say candidate cheat,how d hell will the question of aN EDUCATIONAL BODY LIKE JAMB LEAK......stop all dis jare i had 38 in chemistry,it's nt possible,i mean even if i dnt read 4 years.....#vexed

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by swtcharissa(f): 8:29am On May 10, 2013
Israelie:

Na dem sabi..
Upon d deduct, i stil mak it wit 200plus
......yet you still can't speak a straight English....
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Chinexng(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2013
Pls help me vote Augustine Love for miss nigeria.open d link below n click like on her pic,tanks n God bless as u do so
http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=417287498369039&id=302725416491915&set=a.417283731702749.1073741838.302725416491915&refid=13
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:32am On May 10, 2013
And is dat ur business here? Or dats wat u re here 4? Stop actng lyk a kid...
swtcharissa: ......yet you still can't speak a straight English....
wen wuld u guys stop dis trash abt english of a tn.. Am sure u dnt knw anytn just because u can manage to do a little write up, dat had gotten into ur head.. Rubbish ¤smh¤

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:32am On May 10, 2013
pmonkz:

Scoring upto 200 hundred even in post UTME does not necessarily guarantee you a place in the university. On the day of my matric, our VC gave a breakdown of studemts that chose the school as first and/or second choice; those that scored 200 and above that made them eligible to sit for the post UME; those that scored 200 and above in the UME; of the more than 13,000 that scored 200 above only about 5,000 got admission.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:37am On May 10, 2013
Fynestboi: wat u write here is ryt bt watabout d devoted student dt spent deir tym readng so wat wuld u say to dat?
I agree with you, some students are serious. Passing exams has gone beyond being intelligent, you also need prayers. In my undergraduate days in the university, I learnt this. I taught people that scored As and Bs while I could score as low as Ds and Es.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:39am On May 10, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I agree with you, some students are serious. Passing exams has gone beyond being intelligent, you also need prayers. In my undergraduate days in the university, I learnt this. I taught people that scored As and Bs while I could score as low as Ds and Es.
chaii ¤confused¤
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ifecoded(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk:

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read..
U mean all d students dat failed had nufin upstairs and none of them prepared 4 d jamb.Dont be an oaf.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by queven: 8:39am On May 10, 2013
On one side,mayb jamb may be blamed,bt on the other side,Students of this dayz no longer read,they spend more tym facebooking,tweeting,bbm and of recent sport betting,yet they hope to clear jamb with all that,I cry for the youth of this nation,MAy God help us all

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by freebloke: 8:41am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk: What in Heaven's name is This Country Nigeria turning into?

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.
gbam gbam gbam.... 1milla times.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by sfada(m): 8:42am On May 10, 2013
The only solution is to reduce the cut off mark from 180 to 170. So that many will get admission this year.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:44am On May 10, 2013
sfada: The only solution is to reduce the cut off mark from 180 to 170. So that many will get admission this year.
i doubt if dis wuld be possible coz d failure is jamb plan wrk dnt be suprise if d cut off mark is 200..
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by labbyboi(m): 8:44am On May 10, 2013
Jamb shoulda organised a tutorial for the students abi? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jamb’s Top Performer, Kamsiyochukwu Gets 8 A’s, 1 B In WAEC / How Good Are You In English Language, Check This Out / Man Caught Trying To Write Exam For His Wife During Osun Teacher's Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.