Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (34238 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by kingingkinging: 8:45am On May 10, 2013
shugacaneman: social networks are the cause

Thank you my brother.

Student that wanted to write an exam that was on 2go, BB chart, Whatsapp, etc as at a day to the exam. Leaving that to watch E! channels on DSTV and finally movie premiere at Silverbird Galleria.

Our students are no more serious.

It is a revelation of the kind of country we are.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by premlove(m): 8:48am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk: What in Heaven's name is This Country Nigeria turning into?

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.
what a comment. To me it look foolish to generalise it dat every student dat score below 180 is dull as u think

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Fynestboi: 8:49am On May 10, 2013
labbyboi: Jamb shoulda organised a tutorial for the students abi? undecided
lol
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:49am On May 10, 2013
sfada: The only solution is to reduce the cut off mark from 180 to 170. So that many will get admission this year.
Even if it is reduced to 80 it is still the number of students that each university has spaces or quota that will be admitted.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ifecoded(m): 8:50am On May 10, 2013
Bawss1:

You will do well for yourself by accepting the advice to study and improve yourself not whining here on NL in your poorly worded English.
Look at Mr Dictionary, highland of knowledge,Encyclopeadia. Atleast he's bn able to pass msg acros to us. Stop attackin one's personality. U not d only 1 that read d comment and has d write to type or comment.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by nep2ra(m): 8:55am On May 10, 2013
NYSC was an eye-opener for me. A high percentage of corpers were a big disgrace to university education in Nigeria. Let me stop there.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nehemiah459(m): 8:56am On May 10, 2013
spikes C: I totally hate this about the reps. Are they trying to say JAMB don't know there job or what. Or that people really didn't fail.
Lets face the fact, most Nigerian students writing JAMB fail because they're supposed to fail. You see people expecting results via text messages. Some writing exam types not giving to them. Some making stupid mistakes in their sheets and even disobeying instructions.

But do you know that those that another paper type passed more than people that wrote theirs?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by egeh4u: 9:00am On May 10, 2013
This should be blamed on pinging,2go and blackberry madness among the students.How many are serious minded and study seriously for the exams.They are busy watching movies and relying on expo from friends.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by iwanchop(m): 9:02am On May 10, 2013
Symphony007: hey stop saying rubbish! Do you even think? If you or any member of your farmily was affected by this you won't be vomiting this rubbish! I know of a friend who has written jamb twice with his own knowledge without malpractise. Last year he scored 240 and this year it's 180 when he belives he even did better than last year. Over 15,000 students results are being witheld due to no biometric identification when jamb did'nt send the computer to some centers, some had low batteries,some were'nt even connecting with the server, you'll also blame the dull students for that?

Some Students who wrote art subjects english,government,literature and crk and checking their results and seeing,english,chemisty,physics,maths result and vice versal, you'll also blame the "olodo student's" for this. Tjamb this year just conducted a shambolic excuse of my exan after ripping of student of over 6,000 for registration and condeming scores to wasting a year at home..this is a problem. It's disgusting and wrong, if they can't handle big exams and be able single out the corrupt students from the innocent rather than declaring mass failure, they should bugger off and allow universities conduct their individual entry exams. Where there will be less beurucracy and population to carter to. Your comment was most shamefull, you and the other 20 hillbillies that liked your post are greatly myopic!!

While I leave JAMB to defend its inadequacies over the conduct of the exam,I say with all sense of responsibility that most of the students that failed did do because they didn't prepare well for the exam.I prepared students for UME and PCE for 7 years and I saw a lot;most students come to class,copy notes,dump the note after class and come the second day to copy note and never read.Passing exams goes beyond going for lectures,reading is also very important and that is what most students dont do.Most of them go to exam halls expecting miracles to happen.
My brother,most of these students spends more time on Facebook,2go and ths likes,what then do you expect.
The main responsibility of a student is to STUDY but it's unfortunate most student don't do this.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ifecoded(m): 9:04am On May 10, 2013
Harjibode: And all dis idiots saying students dnt read anylonger,i see why u graduate with a 3rd class,who no knw no go knw,To say education in nigeria as nose dived to is lowest ebb is but to say the obvious,JAMB punish student for their own failure,when u say candidate cheat,how d hell will the question of aN EDUCATIONAL BODY LIKE JAMB LEAK......stop all dis jare i had 38 in chemistry,it's nt possible,i mean even if i dnt read 4 years.....#vexed
i wonder, as big as Jamb z, they cant afford tight security 4 dia questions,dats rubbish... Imagine baba dey score 38 in chemistry wey im sabi pass. Baba no vex. UI Dey collect anybody.no be uni of ibadan o.Na uni of Ile{house}.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by namdo(m): 9:05am On May 10, 2013
if I may ask: what is the relationship between JAMB and education administration in this country Nigeria? Using computer to do examination is not the problem, afterall most of these students have phones and know how to click on buttons. Who knows what kind of computer programs JAMB used?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ifecoded(m): 9:08am On May 10, 2013
Jonnysteve: Absolute crap,dey should better find some more important n urgent things that needs their attention like killin @ nasarawa,we all knew y student failed,laziness on d part of student,corruption,n fraud stars so let them leave JAMB alone n go find some thing else do
ur name looks like u gna say sumthin reasonable.U are an 'Oaf' in quote.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 9:09am On May 10, 2013
I drastically do not see anytin controversial about this whol thin #JAMB!Should b scrap. kowell!suprt d fd govmnt 2 srap it by sendin yes 2 4662..the sms is free.hmmmm sighs of victory 4 nigeria students.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ifecoded(m): 9:13am On May 10, 2013
daporski: Anyone interacting with the average JAMB candidate will wonder how they hope to pass Use of English! As a matter of fact, reading the posts made on Nairaland by Jambites on exam day, I felt sad about the level of education in Nigeria. I just knew that if the standard of questions that we answered when writing Jamb years ago remain the same then there is no hope for a vast majoirity of students writing the exams even if they are allowed to use slate and chalk talk less of computers!

I beg make una free the JAMB Registrar joor!
Uncle Dapø, i dnt xpect dat 4rm u o. Anyway we don c u. UNCLE DAPØ
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by kufreabasi(m): 9:13am On May 10, 2013
The registrar and the minister of education should be held responsible for the mass JAMB failure. Minister of education announced publicly the specific number of students the need to enrolled into universities the once she wants to failed. They should better refund the monies to those he has failed and scrape education off completely since they don't want to hear anything about school apart from greed of money.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by buchito1(m): 9:14am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk:

How did they slash your scores? Do you have any evidence to that?

Have you all forgotten how you all were jubilating all over the social media (nairaland inclusive) how you all got espos and were sure of nothing less than 250.

Do you think jamb officials are blind or they don't know how to operate computer like your teachers in school and oga patapata in Aso Rock?

Well, most of you will blame jamb and still end up blaming the Post ume in your respected choosen schools .

Make una dey read!!! Book no dey kill.
Baba shaaattap!!! MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeW>:/
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by rezzy: 9:14am On May 10, 2013
Students no longer read, they depend wholly on runs/expo. So if there is mass failure, i will blame the student not Jamb.
Imagine students shading any type they like, provided it was d one given to them.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by buchito1(m): 9:15am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk:

How did they slash your scores? Do you have any evidence to that?

Have you all forgotten how you all were jubilating all over the social media (nairaland inclusive) how you all got espos and were sure of nothing less than 250.

Do you think jamb officials are blind or they don't know how to operate computer like your teachers in school and oga patapata in Aso Rock?

Well, most of you will blame jamb and still end up blaming the Post ume in your respected choosen schools .

Make una dey read!!! Book no dey kill.
Baba shaaattap!!! MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeW>:/
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 9:15am On May 10, 2013
Naija,

Let us be honest with ourselves, the standard of education has fallen. The result is the true reflection of the position of things. There might be technical problems, but that can only amount to less than 1% of the total result.

Those of us who sat for JAMB, WAEC & GCE some years back will testify to the fact that 99% of those sitting for exams now are not prepared at all. Internet Cafe, handset, music, hooliganism,football viewing and argument, etc have taken over preparation. Biometric verification can be a problem in a situation of manipulation of candidate for exam. Anything happen this day at exam centers.

Gone are the days when streets become quiet because student are preparing for exams. Many people take waec and GCE 2 or more times to pass in those days. Taking JAMB exam was like do or die battle. Now at Ikeja, Ojodu, Ibadan, Abuja etc, during exams students are busy on facebooks, other sites browsing, pinging, play all sort of music and films on handset, talking football etc. I wonder if they ever had exams at all. Now they are blaming Jamb. Those that are going for preparatory classes with their bags attached to their back are only there to catch fun and make new friends.

Most graduate now are unemployable. House of Reps should not intimidate the JAMB registrar. WAEC standard was destroyed by breaking monopoly and introduction of competition with NECO. Now it is easier to have 8 papers at a sitting than passing school promotional exams in the 70's and 80's. Everybody now has o'level papers and want to use the same qualification to enter university.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ifecoded(m): 9:16am On May 10, 2013
RaphaelCollinsidemudia@ya:
U can still upgrade your jamb score to
200 and above and release of witheld results. Call excellent Tech. 08061667433
dem dey cut ur hand na stil dey wear ring, Ur name shud be coruption Rapheal...rapheal kø lauren ni....mtchew.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Krisgift(f): 9:18am On May 10, 2013

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.
kee ihe o na ako?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 9:18am On May 10, 2013
nigerians and their funny way of making excuses...... so jamb failed you because there is no space in the university? if u passed, the would have passed u, the university will simply look at the number of people that passed and set their cut off mark there..... you dummies didnt think that far?
if 30% of you scored 280 and above, the schools will simply set their cut off at 280, which will represent the 500k students who will get admission....
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by camelus: 9:18am On May 10, 2013
phoneport: This people never seems to amaze me.
Hope they set up a committee to look into it?
This People never cease to amaze me.
No offence Pls.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Sirnokiopee(m): 9:25am On May 10, 2013
how i wish i could give you a very warm hug (homo not intended) well said bro

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by badmrkt(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2013
Seun should be arrested too angry
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by JSMMUYIWA(m): 9:33am On May 10, 2013
[quote author=Realrex]nice one by the house the result was too bad though am not a jambite chaa.

Abeg if dis dos not apn many students will not prepare wel imagine student dependin on Malpractice .Do u want education system in the country 2 depreciate,incompetent hands?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Symphony007: 9:38am On May 10, 2013
iwanchop:

While I leave JAMB to defend its inadequacies over the conduct of the exam,I say with all sense of responsibility that most of the students that failed did do because they didn't prepare well for the exam.I prepared students for UME and PCE for 7 years and I saw a lot;most students come to class,copy notes,dump the note after class and come the second day to copy note and never read.Passing exams goes beyond going for lectures,reading is also very important and that is what most students dont do.Most of them go to exam halls expecting miracles to happen.
My brother,most of these students spends more time on Facebook,2go and ths likes,what then do you expect.
The main responsibility of a student is to STUDY but it's unfortunate most student don't do this.
it is a known fact that most students don't read but some do, and they must never suffer for the idiocy of others, that is why it is important jamb is probed and if it is'nt able to regulate it's exams and separate the cheaters from the honest, then it should be scraped. The bloatedness and inefficiency of jamb is what is encouraging students laziness, because to them it's a joke..but talk to them, when it comes to post ume, it's another ball game, even the most social network addicted student must read because it's not a big and unregulated like jamb. Let's just face it, jamb has failed, schools should be given the power to organise their exams and admit students. I know as an educator this pains you so i urge you to see reasons with me.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Seekeroftruth: 9:42am On May 10, 2013
Unfortunately, am disapointed with most comments that am seeing here.
If its nt dat d stdnts dnt read, it wil b dat they cheatd or that they concentrate on social netwrks,
but i tel U, there has neva bin a time we hav more brilliant stdnts dan now.
I knw dat most of u dat criticise dis young ones either wrote Jamb in d 1990's or early 2000. And has bin un-informed wit how tins works.
Though i knw d prevail use of social netwrks affects d students bt yet u see pipl making effort.
Being an under-graduate stdnt, it gav me opportunity 2 interact wit jambites, and knw hw far dey read.
Eg. A frnd of mine scored 238, i was unhapi because i knw how he read.
He wakes up in d mrning, does chores and zoom off 4 tutorials, when d tutorial ends by 1.pm he goes dnw to library and read til 6pm. Comes home, rest. And read til day break (TDB). There r many studnts who lived like diz bt when d result was out. It seems his was d best. Other crashd.
Here in Unizik,
come and see how pre-science stdnts strugle to come to class.
by 4,am all of dem r in schl in order to get a comfortable place then wait til 8.am when lectures wil start.
The read as if going to heaven is dependent on reading. Bt d result came out 3/4 of d whole stdnt were cut off since they scord below 200. Bt i knw within me dat wht diz young ones knw nw, i dnt knw it all wen i took my own Jamb. Bt yet they were given peanuts as scores, if someone reads for 16 hrs dialy and get 116. How long again wil he read?

I tel u, this is a gud step any responsible govt shuld take. Hav u askd ursef why jamb chose nt 2 tel us hw many pipl scored 200 and abv?
Wake up nigerians and stp tinkin foolishly, probably u hav no relation of URS dat took Jamb,
though i dnt hav any, bt i have to be reasonable.

I wish to say Kudos to d nigerian studnts 4 there effort,
u r unfortunate to b part of d generation wen there is demand 4 high level of education bt u r given little to combat wit.
A time when d exam gets tougher bt d teachings poorer.
I wish u guy wil see wht am seeing.
Nt 4getin d biometric issue wen pipl did there biometric b4 entering d exam hall, and they r told they dnt hav any biometric.
How can one score 1 in Jamb?

3 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Symphony007: 9:46am On May 10, 2013
I know of one very dull rascal of a girl who wrote this jamb, she wrote english, literature, government and crk. The malpractise she arranged for came to her phone late so she could only finish english and government. Literature and crk were blank but now on checking her result miraculously this ghastly girl scored 230, jamb gloriously gave her marks for her blank government and literature and while this thief is dancing alanta most honest people are crying because of jambs idiocy and some people are attacking the reps for summorning jamb!!
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2013
If anyone have brothers or friends that wrote JAMB 2013, he/she would know they deserved whatever result they got.
i have a brother who wrote JAMB, when he got back that day he said "JAMB is useless/finished", he said everybody(including) him bought/brought 'expo', he said, he saw some parents giving their children 'expo'. i know about 5 people that wrote JAMB, none of them read. I also met someone recently who got 260, i was shocked, she told me that her center was so tough, they didnt allow cheating..... i got to understand that those who used their heads passed, but those who relied on 'expo' failed.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ivyluvie: 9:49am On May 10, 2013
[quote author=Seekeroftruth]Unfortunately, am disapointed with most comments that am seeing here.
If its nt dat d stdnts dnt read, it wil b dat they cheatd or that they concentrate on social netwrks,
but i tel U, there has neva bin a time we hav more brilliant stdnts dan now.
I knw dat most of u dat criticise dis young ones either wrote Jamb in d 1990's or early 2000. And has bin un-informed wit how tins works.
Though i knw d prevail use of social netwrks affects d students bt yet u see pipl making ef.muah.tnx jawe
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Docii001(m): 9:53am On May 10, 2013

You are just a bitter old man,if you had any understanding at all you will realize that tertiary education is not meant for every young ward.
In advanced societies they encourage their wards to pursue other dreams outside education,with full support and encouragement. The fact a child doesn't show interest in going to University doesn't make him a dullard;emphasis at this stage should rather be placed on having a True goal and vision for your life rather than following the bandwagon and committing your better years into something you are not built for!
If its music let them sing,if its football let them play,if its business teach them how,many great men never attended universities.
Nigeria is reaching that era of diversity as young adults are seeing other opportunities to make it in life apart from books;parents should best take note so you don't waste the better years of your child because of university admission. Do this only if he has no other 'ultimate' interest apart from his/her books!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ondo State University Students To Pay N2.245m As Tuition Fees / National Open University Application Form (2007) Is Out. / UNICAL Cult Leaders Denounce As Thunderbolt Mission Holds Anti Cult Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.