Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Court Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Court Wedding (943 Views)

Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice / Why I Don't Think It Is Neccessary For A Couple To Have A White/court Wedding / To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Wedding by akposbobo: 10:37pm On May 12, 2013
Hello good people on Naira land,
Please I would like to know what court procedures are involved to be able to have a court wedding in absentia. I want to save cost of having to travel from Australia to Nigeria for my court wedding and then come again for trad and church wedding. Right now my fiance is in Nigeria but im in Australia.
Pls I need helpful ideas.
Thanks.
Re: Court Wedding by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 12, 2013
Call your folks back home to get first hand information. Must you entrust your marriage proceedings on nairalanders or you wan inform us say u dey Australia?

Btw.... First to perform the habitual ritual
Re: Court Wedding by babypipsy: 10:52pm On May 12, 2013
Is it wrong to ask for simple advice?
LastApostle: Call your folks back home to get first hand information. Must you entrust your marriage proceedings on nairalanders or you wan inform us say u dey Australia?

Btw.... First to perform the habitual ritual

1 Like

Re: Court Wedding by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 12, 2013
babypipsy: Is it wrong to ask for simple advice?
Is it right for you to question my views?

1 Like

Re: Court Wedding by akposbobo: 11:32pm On May 12, 2013
Apostle if u no get better thing to write i beg go sleep. its past ur bed time.
Re: Court Wedding by aadetoyin(f): 11:39pm On May 12, 2013
Depends on the local govt u want to do it.
Ikeja is btw 15k and 20k.
Ikoyi is btw 20k and 45k depending on if u want to follow the normal procedure of the 21days notice or not.
Also on the wedding day, ikeja LGA will ask the couple and their 2 witnesses to pay 500 naira each before signing.
I am not sure bout ikoyi.
Also registries request for gift items such as canned drinks and other things from u.

But ur fiance should try to do the initial registration and filing for u at the local govt area of ur choice.
Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Court Wedding by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 12, 2013
akposbobo: Apostle if u no get better thing to write i beg go sleep. its past ur bed time.
Bia Akporoghenevubare, wetin be the colour of Nigerian passports abi u think say immigration dey for Sapele junction, Warri?

If you dey drink garri for other people head, no try am reach my corner!
Re: Court Wedding by akposbobo: 11:53pm On May 12, 2013
Thank you so much. This is really helpful I appreciate your contribution.

aadetoyin: Depends on the local govt u want to do it.
Ikeja is btw 15k and 20k.
Ikoyi is btw 20k and 45k depending on if u want to follow the normal procedure of the 21days notice or not.
Also on the wedding day, ikeja LGA will ask the couple and their 2 witnesses to pay 500 naira each before signing.
I am not sure bout ikoyi.
Also registries request for gift items such as canned drinks and other things from u.

But ur fiance should try to do the initial registration and filing for u at the local govt area of ur choice.
Good luck
Re: Court Wedding by biddybee: 11:54pm On May 12, 2013
You this apostle, I will recommend Valium 5 for you. Indeed you be last apostle.
LastApostle:
Bia Akporoghenevubare, wetin be the colour of Nigerian passports abi u think say immigration dey for Sapele junction, Warri?

If you dey drink garri for other people head, no try am reach my corner!

(1) (Reply)

How Happy Would You Be Getting Married To The Last Person You Were Intimate With / 4 Easy Ways To Spice Up Things In The Bedroom / The Sexual Adventures Of Bonny Face (part 4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.