Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry (13904 Views)

D'banj Is Finally Getting Married; Wedding Billed To Hold On 12th December / Mercy Johnson Made Global Ambassador For Miss Nigeria Ireland Pageant(photos) / Nairabet Signs Phyno As New Ambassador [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by DoffMan2: 7:52pm On May 14, 2013
LesbianBoy: And yet haters will say, that producer (who also sells loya 'miik' up and down) is progressing more than him! Congrats to the kokomaster jare!

At least he's progressing way more than you and that's all that matters.

Have you eaten today?
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by ZN2: 7:55pm On May 14, 2013
truelove.com:

your talking trash, is bank of industry on Nigeria's stock exchange?

Again, you display more of your folly. Why not ask why the CBN hasn't been listed on the NSE.
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Ifedikaycee(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2013
truelove.com:
don jazzy got loya milk ambassador, which is a popular milk company in nigeria. some folks laughed at jazzy. but now dbanj got ambassador from an unregonised bank, wey no get branch and some folks are shouting "aja nla".SMH
....uh-huh....this lil topic has exposed the ignorance of some ppl,i'm disappointed that some people here knows nothing about Bank of industry....please "google is ur friend",dnt let ur smartphones be smarter than you,research before you comment..

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Ifedikaycee(m): 8:55pm On May 14, 2013
okeymadu: I have followed the thread and I am surprised that most people here do not know about BOI. This display of ignorance can be forgiven given the fact that BOI has its mandate and if you are not on the list of those requiring their intervention knowing about the bank won't hurt.

I suggest that peeps here should be humble enough to google a name they do not know!

Some have suggested that BOI using Dbanj is a misplaced priority. Shuo? BOI is the first bank that started financing the entertainment industry in Nigeria. The bank, during the London 2012 Olympics, organized events in London showcasing investment opportunities and the entertainment/creative industries in Nigeria. Its alarming when some peeps type stuffs without having knowledge or the slightest of facts on the discussion!

....thanks bro 4 at least emphasizing a bit on this issue
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 14, 2013
It's not surprising that most of the oafs sheepishly praising D'Banj here had never heard of the Bank of Industry, let alone have any clue about its mission, vision, purpose, structure, or source of funding. It goes to show the kind of characters that constitute the core of D'Banj's die-hard fans.

Besides, the B.O.I is not a commercial bank, or a typical commercial business for that matter, so it's not that D'banj can help it woo new customers (assuming he has that kind of influence). Neither is the B.O.I a charitable cause or intervention agency such as, for instance, UNICEF or WHO that needs a celebrity endorsement for greater publicity or public enlightenment purposes - in which case the chosen celebrity acts for FREE in an honorary capacity. Even if the bank seeks to finance projects in the entertainment industry, it does not need to hire an entertainer (at great cost) in order to help it publicise its intention to HELP entertainers. Does that make any sense? It can only make sense if he doesn't receive a kobo for this role. Otherwise, it would be a meaningless exercise and a colossal waste of donor funds and public resources.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by angeljoy: 9:51pm On May 14, 2013
Dbanj BOI ambassador! very wrong like adding salt to pap.
Should have used young and successful entrepreneurs or some Nigerian industrialist.
They all have megamillions to establish industries for jobless youths they instead use squander the money....
Imagine one of them buying 160m apartment.
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by badassnigga(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2013
on top of d world grin ...thank God u r not hawking loya milk
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by okeymadu(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2013
pro01: It's not surprising that most of the oafs sheepishly praising D'Banj here had never heard of the Bank of Industry, let alone have any clue about its mission, vision, purpose, structure, or source of funding. It goes to show the kind of characters that constitute the core of D'Banj's die-hard fans.

Besides, the B.O.I is not a commercial bank, or a typical commercial business for that matter, so it's not that D'banj can help it woo new customers (assuming he has that kind of influence). Neither is the B.O.I a charitable cause or intervention agency such as, for instance, UNICEF or WHO that needs a celebrity endorsement for greater publicity or public enlightenment purposes - in which case the chosen celebrity acts for FREE in an honorary capacity. Even if the bank seeks to finance projects in the entertainment industry, it does not need to hire an entertainer (at great cost) in order to help it publicise its intention to HELP entertainers. Does that make any sense? It can only make sense if he doesn't receive a kobo for this role. Otherwise, it would be a meaningless exercise and a colossal waste of donor funds and public resources.

I don't know where the source of the 50.0 million Naira endorsement deal stems from. However, I will advise you to seek ways to be relevant in the society so that you become a prophet that is celebrated at home and abroad.
You see BOI isn't "looking" for customers, signing on Dbanj is a way of showing what creativity and recognisition is a about.

When a bank signs a musician as its brand ambassador, it goes to show that there are potentials and untapped opportunities in that sector. It is not about the oil and gas, intellectual property will rule the next generationa business landscape. BOI has seen it well ahead of others, hence the initiaitve. Sadly enough a lot of you guys won't understand this post because intellectally speaking, you are not just there.
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by truelovecom: 10:36pm On May 14, 2013
tunlexxx:
shey na you b akpors ni Dis ur own dulnes jus tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much...person dey corect u...ur dumb brain no wan grab... Bank of industry is nt a comercial bank like thos example u gav above rather it is a type of DEVELOPMEN BANK... Mak i bring am down to ur dumb brain level.. Dem dey giv long term loan 4 development project

if you no get sense, at least try borrow. your talking out of point. Our arguement here is that the bank is not popular, and not if its a developmental or commercial bank. pls always try 2understand a topic at hand, before you chip in your comment.
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by truelovecom: 10:41pm On May 14, 2013
lionshare:

You left me wondering if it were possible for seun to run IQ test for NL users....

your brain wont pass the test.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by okeymadu(m): 10:47pm On May 14, 2013
truelove.com:

if you no get sense, at least try borrow. your talking out of point. Our arguement here is that the bank is not popular, and not if its a developmental or commercial bank. pls always try 2understand a topic at hand, before you chip in your comment.
Who told you that the bank is not popular? Because it's not always advertising does not mean it is not popular. Findout what a development finance institution does and then think if it is necessary they invest heavily on adverts like commercial banks.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by truelovecom: 11:03pm On May 14, 2013
Ifedi kaycee: ....uh-huh....this lil topic has exposed the ignorance of some ppl,i'm disappointed that some people here knows nothing about Bank of industry....please "google is ur friend",dnt let ur smartphones be smarter than you,research before you comment..

must i google the bank before i go know they exist? those banks you deal with did u google before you start banking with them. All those business tycoons in nigeria eg dangote, did any of them take loan from bank of industries or partner with to finance their project? NO.....Do you know any branch of bank of industries in your area? NO... Then of what use is the bank if i may ask? OF NO USE

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by truelovecom: 11:07pm On May 14, 2013
okeymadu:
Who told you that the bank is not popular? Because it's not always advertising does not mean it is not popular. Findout what a development finance institution does and then think if it is necessary they invest heavily on adverts like commercial banks.
Sir, abeg explain 2me what they do, since you know better
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Reawakening: 11:52pm On May 14, 2013
shocked D-Banj What da..... Who in d world tot about dat Wat dos he knw abt d bank or its systemGeez! Tot an ambassedor was a representative.suoooo! Dis is seriosly off key!
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by fallingsky(m): 12:30am On May 15, 2013
Ok
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Nobody: 1:02am On May 15, 2013
Imanuelle:

Goor wee purnich you ! cry cry

Lmao
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by chijokz(m): 1:21am On May 15, 2013
Congrats to D'banj..more blessings ur way..
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Erhuvwu1: 3:02am On May 15, 2013
Nigeria is doomed, I can't believe what I have read about BOI being unpopular and unknown. BOI used to be NIDB, established in the 60s to stem industrial development by giving term loans to indsustries. In 2003, during d Obasanjo tenure NIDB was restructured, the then NBCI and NERFUND were all fused to form BOI and Ms Evelyn Oputu waho had retired from First Bank as an ED while Sanusi was a Senior Manager took over d reigns. Today , BOI is involved in all d sectors in Nigeria in partnership with d commercial Banks in actaulizing its manadate. It operates regionally with branches in Asaba, Lagos, Enugu, Bauchi, Kaduna and Abuja, covering the 6 zones of Nigeria. It runs weekly programmes on Channels, AIT and NTA. Let's not always depict our ignoramus in public by spewing rubbish, BOI is one of the foremost financial institutions in Nigeria. You can ask Innosson, Cardbury, Dangote, Valumbra, PAN etc.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Nobody: 7:42am On May 15, 2013
Guys can't you see that that truelove nigg@ is just being silly?
Just leave him and let him wallow in his own stupidity!
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by deenee: 7:59am On May 15, 2013
Good for him but this is misplaced priority. The BOI is like our own local world bank or even IFC. Now let me ask this, will the world bank call somebody like "Lil Wayne", "Kanye West" or even 50 cent to be a brand ambassador? The answer is in the obvious. A typical BOI brand ambassador should be a successful entrepreneur who has benefited from any of their intervention loans and can be sold as a success to the public.

Quite frankly, I don't think Dbanj can even stand and speak about real sector development in front of an international audience (a sector that BOI was set up to develop) so I think the whole charade is like adding "salt to pap" as one poster put it.

The money that they have wasted on this whole exercise can be repackaged as SME loans for small business owners with very low interest rates. We will all be amazed at how many businesses close shop every day in Nigeria because they can't afford the high interest rates loans that banks throw at them and yet this.

Well this is my beloved country Nigeria where a satellite the size of three ships can just disappear in space and a gas turbine the size of two big warehouses can also get missing at the Port, so this is not news for me.

God bless Nigeria!

N.B no disrespect to "Wezzy, Ye and 50 cent".....I think they are some of the greatest entertainers of our generation!

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by truelovecom: 8:08am On May 15, 2013
Erhuvwu1: Nigeria is doomed, I can't believe what I have read about BOI being unpopular and unknown. BOI used to be NIDB, established in the 60s to stem industrial development by giving term loans to indsustries. In 2003, during d Obasanjo tenure NIDB was restructured, the then NBCI and NERFUND were all fused to form BOI and Ms Evelyn Oputu waho had retired from First Bank as an ED while Sanusi was a Senior Manager took over d reigns. Today , BOI is involved in all d sectors in Nigeria in partnership with d commercial Banks in actaulizing its manadate. It operates regionally with branches in Asaba, Lagos, Enugu, Bauchi, Kaduna and Abuja, covering the 6 zones of Nigeria. It runs weekly programmes on Channels, AIT and NTA. Let's not always depict our ignoramus in public by spewing rubbish, BOI is one of the foremost financial institutions in Nigeria. You can ask Innosson, Cardbury, Dangote, Valumbra, PAN etc.
from the records your so called BOI has never partnered with any of those commercial banks or the so called big bussiness tycoons in nigeria. All the loans dangote took from different banks to finance his project, none of them came from your so called BOI. So of what use is your BOI? how many companies in nigeria has your so called BOI given loan to finance their project?....if not for Dbanj nobody go know they exist.
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by truelovecom: 8:12am On May 15, 2013
django1: Guys can't you see that that truelove nigg@ is just being silly?
Just leave him and let him wallow in his own stupidity!
Am not being silly my dear, am only stating the obvious..*IF NOT FOR DBANJ NOBODY GO KNOW THE BANK THEY EXIST*
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Sunsky84(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2013
Scarpon: biko which one is bank of industry??
go ask google na undecided
Scarpon: biko which one is bank of industry??
go ask google na
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by deenee: 8:31am On May 15, 2013
@ true love, just for the record, BOI partners with commercial banks on a regular basis. Most of the green fund loans availed to Dangote, Innoson etc were disbursed through commercial banks. This is normally done through a syndication whereby one bank is appointed as a mandated lead arranger that will represent other banks and the customer. They also do some work with the IFC, AfDB and world bank who also advise in technical capacity and provide financial due diligence.

Finally, they have started providing venture capital, mezzanine and hybrid funds for PE firms that show commitment towards investing in start ups particularly in the real/manufacturing sector.

Please let's get our facts right and not mis-inform people.

Thank you!
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Nobody: 8:37am On May 15, 2013
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by styno22(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2013
Dibang u ve been less popular since u left don j, u better go back before nija forget u.well congrat mr boi,but u and d CEO look like husband n wife
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by Tfri: 9:54am On May 15, 2013
Ok na.flex flex broda
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by magnificentsk(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2013
the firm havs been in existence for a while but dont know their sole responsibility, i need someone who has indebt knowledge about this firm or someone from national orientation agency to shade more light pls.
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by truelovecom: 10:47am On May 15, 2013
tunlexxx:
you see y i said u are a dumb ass Chek my previous reply to ur senslez coment, it is a development bank...
i never said its not a development bank, pls get some sense....your mates explained what a development bank is, and its funtions. But all you know is to throw insults. you need brain check!
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by largeman4u(m): 11:00am On May 15, 2013
Many goodies coming ur way - d-banj - congrats
smiley
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by truelovecom: 11:10am On May 15, 2013
deenee: @ true love, just for the record, BOI partners with commercial banks on a regular basis. Most of the green fund loans availed to Dangote, Innoson etc were disbursed through commercial banks. This is normally done through a syndication whereby one bank is appointed as a mandated lead arranger that will represent other banks and the customer. They also do some work with the IFC, AfDB and world bank who also advise in technical capacity and provide financial due diligence.

Finally, they have started providing venture capital, mezzanine and hybrid funds for PE firms that show commitment towards investing in start ups particularly in the real/manufacturing sector.

Please let's get our facts right and not mis-inform people.

Thank you!

One of the few sensible comments i have seen so far.....my point is that the bank is not popular, maybe thats one the reasons they need Dbanj to promote them. If the bank has been effective as how other development banks in other parts of the world are, it would have been popular and i wouldn't need to google them.
Re: D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry by kyriano94(m): 11:23am On May 15, 2013
Odibanjo coNgract

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt / Photos Of Powede Lawrence Newborn Son / Governor Diri Didn't Remove Nengi As Face Of Bayelsa Girl Child - BBC Pidgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.